PDA

View Full Version : a quick word about forces...

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:06 PM
before I begin,do not dismiss this as whining,particularly if youve never played as a force/fortetecher character.

so I've been running a lot of lab recovery on S2 the past few days and in a lot of parties Im starting to observe more and more people getting rather fiesty about forces not "doing their job" and keeping everybody in the party buffed.lets get this straight:

it is not the force's JOB to keep everybody buffed.
*on a sidenote,this applies differently to every player style becasue some people are 'support-only' forces,in which case..well,you get the point.

sure obvoiusly they are in control of the buffing spells and whatnot but if you use your SUV or nanoblast,and your buffs arent on anymore,and even if they just run out,and the force is in the middle of casting a spell,dont immediately get on the microphone and ask "why arent I buffed?"its a dumb ass question.the force will buff sooner or later.1 minute without buffs will not get you killed nor will it hurt the mission time-and if it does,tough shit.secondly:

forces are just as much offensive players as they are support.
-again this obviosly applies differently to certain play styles.

if the circumstance arises where you arent buffed and havent been for a while,politely ask for a buff.if the guy's being a dick,thats a different story,and kick him out of your party becuase hes useless and obviously doesnt know how to curteousely party up.

I play as a fortetecher and a fighgunner and have seen both ends now myself and I dont see why people expect so damn much out of forces.its a simple mentality not to RELY on the force for buffs and healing and then when you are stupid enough to be killed without a scape doll complain that 'THE FORCE DIDNT HEAL ZOMGFUCK'

this isnt to appease shitty fortetechers either.people who dont make any effort to play like a team probably wanna rethink their gameplay strat.

frankly Im just sick of people trying to make forces into support only characters and catching shit in-mission from people about not being buffed for *30 seconds* by a force who is busy keeping himself alive or just trying to deal some damage himself and help the party move along.it happened on PSO a lot,and its starting to happen here.

Dark_Envy
Mar 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
's what was discussed between my friends and I once word of the buffs was coming in. We'd see the words in parties "Forces Nuke = Ban" xD

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 04:23 PM
Preach brotha Preach!!!

i say we ditch figthers and go out all Fortetecher parties!!

iv done these before, and they go so much smoother....everything stands still, bows for SE, and everyone can take care of themselves, and all our nukes together = pwnage.

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:23 PM
really?wow

I havent seen it go that far yet

one hting if the first photon arts available for forces were the buffs,thus it being their central focus to be nothing but a buffer
that obvoiusly isnt the case

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:28 PM
eh,some missions are good that way,others arent.lab recovery woudl be good that way but eventually facing jarbas,forces woudl get fucked up because we cant do all tha tmuch damage to them.no virus traps,no tornado dance,just dam/rabarta -.-

generally though you need a balanced party to really get things moving nicely.part of a balanced party though is people who dont act like idiots -.-

I see what you mean though.100% techer parties are pretty fun some of the time but usualyl its way too fragile.techers dont make good tanks

EspioKaos
Mar 21, 2007, 04:31 PM
Luckily I've not had the displeasure of partying with people like that, but I've heard plenty of stories of dick-headed players relying completely on forces to babysit them when they get hurt. The main problem I've had with some parties, though, is the ones who won't stand still for buffs or resta/reverser. To get around this, I usually try to cast buff refreshes on party members when they swarm on a group of enemies so that they're existing buffs won't wear off as soon. And if they still manage to not get buffed, I'll let them go. I figure if they see everyone else getting buffs applied to them and they don't stop for a second to bathe in the effects, they don't want them that badly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
I only play with my friends. Never random groups.

It's true that the Force's job isn't to follow everyone around with their rods up people's butts casting Resta constantly. We can do damage too.

It's also true that a Force who doesn't give a rip about the party and never bothers to help out at all is a noob.

It's also true that anyone, of any class who doesn't pull their weight in the team should be kicked in the head.

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
we can infect and/or burn jarbas, so thats half the battle right there.

i just find all techer parties fun, not for serious parties where its like "ZOMG WE MUST FINISH FAST!!!"

nice convos too, like how we got *such n such* spell to its lvl, best places, comparing, all that...

hunters, its either ya got the combo up or not lolz

Ryno
Mar 21, 2007, 04:36 PM
i'm a support force

SuperRygar
Mar 21, 2007, 04:36 PM
i ALWAYS have 10 atp,def,ata item buffs on me, and in my pallette. and healing and status healing in my palette. its sad that this goes on. some people,eh? they're so noobish and useless ...we need to "clease" the world of these ppl. hahaha Hitler may have been onto something....(omg i didnt just say that)

I RELY ON NOBODY

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:36, SuperRygar wrote:
i ALWAYS have 10 atp,def,ata item buffs on me, and in my pallette. and healing and status healing in my palette. its sad that this goes on. some people,eh? they're so noobish and useless ...we need to "clease" the world of these ppl. hahaha Hitler may have been onto something....(omg i didnt just say that)

I RELY ON NOBODY

Rygar's a Nazi. o.O

Edit: http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-21 14:43 ]</font>

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:33, Kadan wrote:
I only play with my friends. Never random groups.

It's also true that anyone, of any class who doesn't pull their weight in the team should be kicked in the head.

hear hear.

stil though it isnt always easy to play with friends.peoplea rent always that reliable,so you gotta rely on the good friends you have on there,which i dont have allthat many of.

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:36, Ryno wrote:
i'm a support force

i kno u are! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

u hav like 5 attack spells....

i hav buffs/resta/reverser

other 20sumthin spells are attack (maybe more)

only spells left it got is Zonde, Gizonde, Noszonde, Megiverse, and nosdia/megid (when i get them), then ill be done for 21+ spells!

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 04:42 PM
ok it would be great if this didnt turn into a nazi/racist battle

but yea it does go on and it is rather sad.an awfully sore pain in the ass too.

SuperRygar
Mar 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
haha im not a nazi, but i know ppl who are (Bush)>.< i have nothing against jews, but when a comparison fits it fits :/ i think there's a bigger problem tho, there too many immature kids playing that dont learn from what happens. like, if your fighting the big dinosaur with spikes on its back and your up close trying to spam your PA and you keep getting hit....back the fuck away! i've seen one guy just keep running right up to the monster, like a fly to a bug lamp. he died 3 times over and never healed once. WTF is up with that??!?! some people just never learn...society is funny like that. in the futuristic movies alot of times useless ppl like that are wiped out for the greater good of the rest of the planet.....that's all im sayin ^.^

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 04:46 PM
Oh bloody hell, still this shit?

Be thankful hunters don't spam berserk and need healing every 3 seconds. Forces (i.e. Force, Fortecher, Wartecher, and Guntecher) support first, and then attack. If you think otherwise, you suck and need to play a class without techs.

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 04:54 PM
On a slight tangent...

Does anyone else find it annoying when people think they need to thank you for heals/buffs every time you use them? Especially when they have a macro for it that includes one of the cut-in chats that makes my PC lag. >.>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:54, Kadan wrote:
On a slight tangent...

Does anyone else find it annoying when people think they need to thank you for heals/buffs every time you use them? Especially when they have a macro for it that includes one of the cut-in chats that makes my PC lag. >.>

Yes, yes, oh God yes.

Thanking a Force for healing and buffing is like thanking a Ranger for shooting things.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 04:56 PM
i HATE buffing. So freakin long to lvl.
YOU want a BUFF then BUY -RIDES!
I love my attack force. Shes only lvl 20 and kicks as much ass my my lvl 50 Beast FF

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:56, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-03-21 14:54, Kadan wrote:
On a slight tangent...

Yes, yes, oh God yes.

Thanking a Force for healing and buffing is like thanking a Ranger for shooting things.

I only thank when i am almost dead (and by almost, i mean >50 of my 1500 hp).
Other than that, even with my best friends on there, i dont thank them lol

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 04:59 PM
i h8 when ppl thank me when i heal/buff.

yea, the 1st time, ok. but after awhile, i tell the party "ok ok gawd i get/ it stop thanking me!!" (effin censor, hafta add that '/' )

Order is;

Nuke, sumones dying, support (if theyre not an asshole about it) , then Nuke.

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:46, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Be thankful hunters don't spam berserk and need healing every 3 seconds. Forces (i.e. Force, Fortecher, Wartecher, and Guntecher) support first, and then attack. If you think otherwise, you suck and need to play a class without techs.

HOLY SHIT LOOK!ITS TOM CRUISE!

or just some other jackass.
and yes,sir,bloody hell,still this shit because people like YOU still join parties and expect nothing from forces but healing and support.sure,forces do that,some better than others

it is not support first,then attack.its whatever the person's play style suits best.k pal?

people like YOU are what keep this problem going and going.if all forces were supposed to do was heal heal buff buff buff ...then..the support spells wouldnt be outnumbered by attack spells by a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio(not sure what it is exactly but thats probably roughly it)

I dotn reccomend joining parties with taht attitude or else you will likely be kicked or not healed at all.or,if someone wanted to get crafty,theyd kamikazee to kill YOUR rank and then leave the party.

you are a jackass

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 05:40 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/TheKadster/flamewarahead.gif

foamcup
Mar 21, 2007, 05:45 PM
If someone wants to give me shit about how I'm not doing my job, I drop my dolls, eat some homemade cakes, then leave the party. Half the forces I see are total suck anyway. I join a party and as soon as they see me use resta or reverser they just stop healing. The party splits up with a force in each group, and the other group will get pounded since I'm not there to heal. Dumbasses. Raise a 450 if you want a heal-bot, you noobs.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 05:52 PM
I like how nobody seems to be able to play both a well rounded support first force, which IS a Forces priority, FOLLOWED by an awesome nuker. I'm glad for me ^_^

(Except the beginning of stages. Loading all my rods.)

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:52, PJ wrote:
I like how nobody seems to be able to play both a well rounded support first force, which IS a Forces priority, FOLLOWED by an awesome nuker. I'm glad for me ^_^

(Except the beginning of stages. Loading all my rods.)

Oh no you didn't!

All my rods are green and I'm still the best damn Polavohra killer this side of Neudaiz.

(on 360 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 05:58 PM
The only reason I do the elemental thing on my rods is for the colour.

I like the colours... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 21, 2007, 05:59 PM
I really don't mind Attack Forces. I step in and help out with the Buffing and the Healing, so both the Forces and Hunters can concentrate more on the Killing, Maiming, and the Hurting. There are various choices as to what kind of Force you want to raise. They have lots of techs to learn among other things, and you can get powerful faster if you specialize. That's why we have a 6 person party, so that there's room to specialize and have others backing you up on stuff you didn't specialize for. My attack spells are really a joke, so attack forces do give me more incentive to use my support abilities.

It always pays to ask force players, what they specialize in, or what they plan on using the most. That's when you know what needs supplementing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-21 16:03 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:58, PJ wrote:

I like the colours... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I like the colors too...but I can't give up Resta + Reverser. Force of habit (pun intended!)

It's the one reason I want to see Madoogs. Having pretty colored wands with an assortment of light elemental Madoogs (or vice versa) would be made of so much win....

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 06:10 PM
I'll show YOU a force of habit...!

*Insert complimentary flame about GOD knows what*

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-03-21 14:06, majan wrote:
*on a sidenote,this applies differently to every player style becasue some people are 'support-only' forces,in which case..well,you get the point.

You're totally right. Just let the spells sit there and rot. Worthless wastes of PA slots.

So stop being totally offensive and start doing the support half.

You all act like it physically you to cast a buff. It's really not hard. They all fit on one Rod, and it takes all of 30 seconds to cast them. If you weren't meant to do it, the other techer variants wouldn't be capped at mediocre levels.

I thank my lucky stars everyday that I know people like Sychosis and Auralianis, Lan and Rashiid and Ryno, because they understand being a Fortetecher is more than just *Dambarta...Dambarta...Nosdiga...Dambarta...*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-21 16:35 ]</font>

pikachief
Mar 21, 2007, 06:33 PM
lol my friend didnt get buffs till last week! i guess people were booting him cuz he didnt have any? XD

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:58, PJ wrote:

thats why i do it, + it helps me kno wat rod is wat.

i hav my Granarodoc as my healing rod, so i dont hafta worry about running out.

if i do run out....well..tuff luck lol until i can find a recharge

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 06:43 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8661869773096162147&hl=en

do as much damage as me in lab s2 and I might not kick you

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 06:48 PM
Being a jerk of your OPTITUDE would only earn you a kick from me.

I dunno how you wouldn't get kicked from so many parties with that attitude.

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 06:48 PM
Allow me to reiterate. It's still almost as unimpressive as Remedy's Adahna Degahna video.

Almost.

By the time you got done the first room we'd have been in the second block.

EDIT: Speeding up the video only adds to the pathetic-ness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-21 16:49 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:43, Tra wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8661869773096162147&hl=en

Play that song in my party and I guarantee I'll kick you.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
Is it really that unimpressive? I haven't wasted my time enough to watch it.

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 06:51 PM
It's him taking 10 minutes to clear the first spawn (before the laser gate opens) and another 15 to clear the last room before Block 3, where all he does is spam Gidiga and get constantly beat down.

And, like I said, he sped the video up. At the end he also notes it took him over 20 minutes to clear Block 3.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 06:52 PM
XDXDXD

For once, an agreement is made http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:48, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Allow me to reiterate. It's still almost as unimpressive as Remedy's Adahna Degahna video.

Almost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-21 16:49 ]</font>

please, you don't stand a chance. I'll be back shortly with a video when I'm in a group, when I have 5 rangers to take care of the jarbas.

Retehi
Mar 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
It sucks.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 06:54 PM
She's soooo dreamy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: In all seriousness, were you born stupid, or did the elitism make you suck? I really can't tell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-03-21 16:56 ]</font>

Retehi
Mar 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
She's right. Rangers > Jarbas.

. . .

> Bees > Everything else.

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:53, Tra wrote:

On 2007-03-21 16:48, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Almost.

please, you don't stand a chance. I'll be back shortly with a video when I'm in a group, when I have 5 rangers to take care of the jarbas.

I'm not dumb enough to solo it when I could do it in a tenth of the time and waste a tenth of the meseta (though it really doesn't matter to you).

But hey, if you need to lean on Rangers to sow off the mighty Dambarta then who am I to stop you.

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
yeah,sorry,you really arent that impressive at all

trying to simulate a har/quick by speeding up the video

also,dont post in this thread if you have nothing relevant to say to it besides tote that you got to lv 80 faster than the rest of us.....k?

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 07:01 PM
I like where this is going...

Retehi
Mar 21, 2007, 07:03 PM
It always seems to be force related topics being locked.

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:00, majan wrote:
yeah,sorry,you really arent that impressive at all

trying to simulate a har/quick by speeding up the video

also,dont post in this thread if you have nothing relevant to say to it besides tote that you got to lv 80 faster than the rest of us.....k?

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4043/psu20070322090332003kr6.jpg

I don't know where you got the idea that I didn't have a har/quick

DikkyRay
Hahaha Tra PHAILS
5 rangers taking on the jarbas? Don't make me laugh.
It will be you spamming a tech, the rangers attacking.....and you STILL get beat down

BoxerMcBoxe
I STARTED ALL THIS GANGSTA SHIT

AND THIS IS THE MOTHERFUCKING THANKS I GET?

majan
Mar 21, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:30, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

On 2007-03-21 14:06, majan wrote:

You're totally right. Just let the spells sit there and rot. Worthless wastes of PA slots.

So stop being totally offensive and start doing the support half.

You all act like it physically you to cast a buff. It's really not hard. They all fit on one Rod, and it takes all of 30 seconds to cast them. If you weren't meant to do it, the other techer variants wouldn't be capped at mediocre levels.

I thank my lucky stars everyday that I know people like Sychosis and Auralianis, Lan and Rashiid and Ryno, because they understand being a Fortetecher is more than just *Dambarta...Dambarta...Nosdiga...Dambarta...*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-21 16:35 ]</font>

do me a favor and read the entire post before you reply next time because Im not even coming close to saying not to cast buffs...dont take that stuff out of context and make me look like a fool,thats not the point I was trying to make

what about how I said how shitty teammates are a different story?peole who are not casting anything at all or being dicks?didnt I say something about them?......

read the entire post before you reply..that would be great..

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
I deleted the parts I had no issue with. It wasn't talking directly to you, but to all the people who only read those parts and agree with a third of your opinion.

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
actually you know what? forget it. I was trying to defend fT's just a bit, showing that they're able to do damage. Buffs take 10 seconds. Rebuffing anybody that just start their SUV's or just finished their nanoblast takes another 5 seconds (just shifta and zodial is enough if it's mid-battle). Rebuffing anybody that happened to die takes probably another 5 seconds. But I realize that it wasn't you guys who say forces need to buff, it's the forces that aren't performing very well in parties that don't bother to, and can't do anything but dambarta... giving a bad image overall to the entire class. Like it or not, dambarta and gidiga are the two best techs to use in labs2, no questions asked. I have nearly all of my techs maxed at lv30, I use them all, they all have their own place in every mission, I could write a guide out of it for you if you want. But yes, to those of you that still hate on fT's, you're probably right, you probably just haven't played with any of the impressive ones that can do everything (both being on top of the damage parser and being top in support). I'll be a little less offensive for now.

Tengoku
Mar 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
I roll support. Buffs and heals. Damage if needed. Small party, I nuke and heal. Big party, I tag and heal. I expect people to expect me to heal because I expect me to heal as well. Doesn't matter if there's another techer in the party, I heal and buff, unless the other techer has better buffs. I don't see what the big deal is.
I use a macro to get people's frikkin' attention when I'm going to buff as I dislike chasing people around for buffs that make them think their e-peen is ginormous. My head on their screen gets their attention real quick and nice. Still, if you can't pause for the 5 seconds it takes to get buffed, I'm not chasing you down. I also don't announce a buff in the middle of a battle, I just do it. It's easier that way.

I do like people thanking me for buffs. I don't ask them to, but it is nice when someone shows that they have manners and aren't completly selfish. Someone saying "Thank You" goes a long way towards me doing my best to ensure they survive when they stupidly run into a mass spawn and get knocked down/ frozen/ introduced to the business end of a fireball. If they say "Thank You", I'll usually even follow them into that furball, just to make sure they come out without burning a scape doll.

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:23, Tengoku wrote:
I roll support. Buffs and heals. Damage if needed. Small party, I nuke and heal. Big party, I tag and heal. I expect people to expect me to heal because I expect me to heal as well. Doesn't matter if there's another techer in the party, I heal and buff, unless the other techer has better buffs. I don't see what the big deal is.
I use a macro to get people's frikkin' attention when I'm going to buff as I dislike chasing people around for buffs that make them think their e-peen is ginormous. My head on their screen gets their attention real quick and nice. Still, if you can't pause for the 5 seconds it takes to get buffed, I'm not chasing you down. I also don't announce a buff in the middle of a battle, I just do it. It's easier that way.

I do like people thanking me for buffs. I don't ask them to, but it is nice when someone shows that they have manners and aren't completly selfish. Someone saying "Thank You" goes a long way towards me doing my best to ensure they survive when they stupidly run into a mass spawn and get knocked down/ frozen/ introduced to the business end of a fireball. If they say "Thank You", I'll usually even follow them into that furball, just to make sure they come out without burning a scape doll.

prime example of why people don't respect fTs.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:24, Tra wrote:

How very ironic.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 07:28 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:27, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:

On 2007-03-21 17:24, Tra wrote:

How very ironic.

pwned lol.
And Tra, people have their own opinions. DEAL WITH IT

imfanboy
Mar 21, 2007, 07:29 PM
Heh. As usual, it comes to Fanboy to settle it.

The two HUGE myths of forces and fortetechers run as such:

1) The fortetecher is NOT a DPS class and should stick to pure support because the hunters/rangers deal more damage;

2) The fortetecher should be devoted solely to DPS, and in order to be a proper fortetecher you need at least 4 of each element to make sure you do the most damage. Oh, and bugger all you poor hunters and rangers. Who needs YOU? I've got DIGA!!

Both of these are WRONG. The fortetecher is an EXCELLENT DPS class; as I write this I'm soloing Unsafe Passage S2 with ease. This isn't PSO, where the enemies (especially the big ones!) were so brutally tech-resistant that it was nigh-impossible to do any damage; this is PSU, and you can deal out plenty of damage with technics, particularly if you're a newman.

HOWEVER, the fortetecher should NOT be devoted solely to DPS, and anyone who thinks so should be booted. They especially don't need more than a few attack technics - Gidiga is like Gizonde is like Gibarta, with marginally more/less damage or a slightly different SE.

Instead, the fortetecher is surpreme at supporting AND at dealing damage. Why the hell would anyone NEED 4 ice techs or 4 fire techs to do a fraction more damage when they could have EASY access to resta, or jellen? And seriously. Is it that hard to reset your rods for each new area?

And what I hate - what I despise is the attitude that buffing or debuffing doesn't help out the force AT ALL.

Are you retarded?

Deband and jellen lower the damage YOU, personally, take. ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT??

Casting Shifta, zodial, zodeel, or zalure increases the damage your teammates do, which speeds up the run. So does casting reverser if your buddies are jellened. ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT??

And casting Retier increases the damage that YOU do, by a not-small amount. I find that VERY FCKING IMPORTANT.

Not to mention the fact that DEBUFFING ENEMIES COUNTS AS A TAG for exp purposes. Are you so blitheringly stupid that you can't see the advantage of getting exp for all the enemies in a mob?

And yet I see forces running around like dingleberries, without even retier active, getting smacked around, not healing themselves - I was in a party with a fortetecher who had 21+ buffs and debuffs who expected me, a guntecher, to be the primary support. HA!

It's all right to not support when you're walking around with a bunch of fortetechers, guntechers, wartechers, etcetera, and you can focus on just flinging the flaming dogshit known as Diga as much as your heart desires. But when you're in a party with mostly fighters, you can contribute far more, and make the run go more easily, if you support AS WELL AS nuke.

And you can do both at the same time.

Quit lying to yourself. It's easy.

One attack technic on the Square button (I alternate between dambarta, nosdiga, foie and gizonde, but whatever you want and find effective for the area you're in). Resta on the Triangle Button. Jellen on the R1+Triangle. Zalure on the R1+Square. Rinse and repeat for 4 rods.

Have one bow with virus/burn SE4 for the big bad guys. Have one rod with shifta/deband/retier/zodial (notice how there are 4 buffs, and 4 slots on a rod? Gasp! How convenient!)

And there you go.

Now, was that really that hard?

Well, maybe it was. If so, maybe you should go play an easier class, like figunner, and stop annoying the rest of us?

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah. Dammit Tengoku! Stop doing what you're supposed to and blow the shit out of everything like everyone else!.

Gawd. You're such an idiot.

[/Napolean]

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:31, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Yeah. Dammit Tengoku! Stop doing what you're supposed to and blow the shit out of everything like everyone else!.

Gawd. You're such an idiot.

[/Napolean]

you obviously don't know what I'm talking about. Why would you want to have a macro asking for people to gather around you? It's easy enough to buff, anytime you want. When you're not healing, you just attack. Simple as that. fT can do plenty of damage almost anywhere, utlize it.

Sure when you have a healbot fT in your party, you'll love it. You're always healed, buffed, whatever. But this is what gives people a false image of only fTs being only healbots if they are just holding back with the attacks. That's not the correct type of image I want others to see fTs as.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-03-21 15:34, majan wrote:

On 2007-03-21 14:46, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

HOLY SHIT LOOK!ITS TOM CRUISE!

or just some other jackass.
and yes,sir,bloody hell,still this shit because people like YOU still join parties and expect nothing from forces but healing and support.sure,forces do that,some better than others

it is not support first,then attack.its whatever the person's play style suits best.k pal?

people like YOU are what keep this problem going and going.if all forces were supposed to do was heal heal buff buff buff ...then..the support spells wouldnt be outnumbered by attack spells by a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio(not sure what it is exactly but thats probably roughly it)

I dotn reccomend joining parties with taht attitude or else you will likely be kicked or not healed at all.or,if someone wanted to get crafty,theyd kamikazee to kill YOUR rank and then leave the party.

you are a jackass

I am a Force, dipshit, because I can't trust most Force players to know how to play their class. I'm a Wartecher, and I outsupport most Fortechers I see in random games.

Playing an "attack force" is about the most retarded thing ever. You have space for 24 techs on your pallette at any given time. You honestly tell me that you need more than 15 attack techs set at any time? Oh, and every "attack force" I have ever seen has just spammed Dumbarta, Gidiga, or Diga, and no other techs. Usually these are the same idiots that actually elementally bind Rods. My future Fortecher is still at a low level, but I've already learned that Resta should be on every weapon on the pallette, and Reverser on at least half.

Sure, you can go ahead and play "attack force" if you want. What's next though, Handgun-only Fortefighters?

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 07:48 PM
HOOHOO THIS THREAD IS HOOOOOOOOT!!!
in before lock because of flamewar

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 07:57 PM
I just thought of a few more things to say:

1. I'm not saying Forces shouldn't attack. They definitely should, after everyone is healed and buffed. It is not that hard to do it all at the same time; laziness is the only reason someone wouldn't support. Or maybe if you're one of those people that has a heart attack if you don't do HIGHEST DPS POSSIBLE WHAOMG and finish a mission in 3 minutes longer than normal.
2. Cherry sucks.
3. In before FKL.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:57, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

1. I'm not saying Forces shouldn't attack. They definitely should, after everyone is healed and buffed. It is not that hard to do it all at the same time; laziness is the only reason someone wouldn't support. Or maybe if you're one of those people that has a heart attack if you don't do HIGHEST DPS POSSIBLE WHAOMG and finish a mission in 3 minutes longer than normal.
2. Cherry sucks.
3. In before FKL.

lolololol
Fuzzy, you made my day

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
I have that effect on people.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 08:09 PM

2. Cherry sucks.

Yeah, I was under the impression that you would learn how to play by the time you got to level 80.

Guess some people don't.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 08:13 PM
Oh please, I saw some pretty pathetic people make it to 200 on PSOBB. Anything is possible if you don't have a life.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:09, PJ wrote:

2. Cherry sucks.

Yeah, I was under the impression that you would learn how to play by the time you got to level 80.

Guess some people don't.

I was under the impression that you would never get to lvl 80 because you have other things to do.

Guess some people have lives, others dont.

TRIPLE PWNED

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 08:26 PM
Aha, touché.

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 08:36 PM

2. Cherry sucks.
3. In before FKL.

I'll skip that second comment.

It's not laziness, it's preference of play. I know I've been told by a bunch of other fTs that they like to play more of a healer role than a nuker. But that's just the reason why there's so much conflict with them and the fTs that like to be able to nuke instead of being told to be a healbot. A fT can do everything and allow themselves to shine. Not everybody wants to be the best, but all I am saying is that because of this, it just classifies us fT healers and not being appreciated as being both a healer and a nuker. Those of you that say fTs that only nuke are ridiculous; maybe the other members of the party weren't getting hurt, or needed heals at all because they prefer just using -mates.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132503&forum=20&start=135&150#139

If you want to consider what a fT is, don't use lazy fTs that don't buff/heal (or the exact opposite, one or the other) as examples for your opinions.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
Ok, then what about the forces that effectively do both?

Am I the few and far between...? :C

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:38, PJ wrote:
Ok, then what about the forces that effectively do both?

Am I the few and far between...? :C

Perfection =)

Tsavo
Mar 21, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:36, Tra wrote

I'll skip that second comment.

It's not laziness, it's preference of play. I know I've been told by a bunch of other fTs that they like to play more of a healer role than a nuker. But that's just the reason why there's so much conflict with them and the fTs that like to be able to nuke instead of being told to be a healbot. A fT can do everything and allow themselves to shine. Not everybody wants to be the best, but all I am saying is that because of this, it just classifies us fT healers and not being appreciated as being both a healer and a nuker. Those of you that say fTs that only nuke are ridiculous; maybe the other members of the party weren't getting hurt, or needed heals at all because they prefer just using -mates.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=132503&forum=20&start=135&150#139

If you want to consider what a fT is, don't use lazy fTs that don't buff/heal (or the exact opposite, one or the other) as examples for your opinions.

Why am I reminded of the great FG debate as I read this?

The fact is there is large number of people who play this game. Don't let the actions of a few detract from your fun. If people want to hold those misconeptions let them, there is little you can do about it.

Fyrin
Mar 21, 2007, 08:51 PM
I liek usin' support techs ;-; and I do use marcos just to make buffin' my party members a breeze. Meh.. I'm lazy. =P

Tengoku
Mar 21, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:24, Tra wrote:prime example of why people don't respect fTs.
Let me make this easy for you: I am not here for the respect of other players. If I do my job, respect will come. I could give a crap if people don't respect Fts, I want my abilities to earn me respect, not my class. Class means nothing and anyone with half a brain knows this.

It does appear I need to clear something up that appears to be confusing you. I am here to take care of my party. The success of my party IS my success. The same with the failure. If I feel that the party doesn't need hand-holding, based on what I see during the course of the run, then I go ahead and commence with the nuking. If my party is having a hard time, I will either nuke or heal, depending on what is needed. I have resta on all my nuking rods just for that purpose. Do you?

Oddly enough, no matter your class, we are all here to make the party succeed. I am healing and buffing with nuking thrown in. Not nuking with heals when I feel like it. You may not think my actions will garner this mythic respect that you so desire, but I desire my team to succeed way more than I want their respect. Success breed respect. That's the way it works. Simply showing up and saying "I'm a FT! WHEE!" will never garner respect. Only ability, competence, and hard work will get you respect.

That's the way it works. Sorry.

Yuicihi
Mar 21, 2007, 09:41 PM
Really, this is the reason I quit my Force the first time around.

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-03-21 19:35, Tengoku wrote:

Let me make this easy for you: I am not here for the respect of other players. If I do my job, respect will come. I could give a crap if people don't respect Fts, I want my abilities to earn me respect, not my class. Class means nothing and anyone with half a brain knows this.

It does appear I need to clear something up that appears to be confusing you. I am here to take care of my party. The success of my party IS my success. The same with the failure. If I feel that the party doesn't need hand-holding, based on what I see during the course of the run, then I go ahead and commence with the nuking. If my party is having a hard time, I will either nuke or heal, depending on what is needed. I have resta on all my nuking rods just for that purpose. Do you?

Oddly enough, no matter your class, we are all here to make the party succeed. I am healing and buffing with nuking thrown in. Not nuking with heals when I feel like it. You may not think my actions will garner this mythic respect that you so desire, but I desire my team to succeed way more than I want their respect. Success breed respect. That's the way it works. Simply showing up and saying "I'm a FT! WHEE!" will never garner respect. Only ability, competence, and hard work will get you respect.

You know this is why topics such as these show up? I've made guides and written a lot of input for and about fTs to help them improve themselves. I don't like things like this to come up. People that want healbots, and fT that don't want to be called healbots. That's my gripe, understand?

No, I don't usually use rods in most cases. I have a resta/reverser wand. When things get serious (duoing Bruce A), I put resta on all of my wands.

Jey
Mar 21, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:43, Tsavo wrote:

The fact is there is large number of people who play this game. Don't let the actions of a few detract from your fun. If people want to hold those misconeptions let them, there is little you can do about it.

I think the issue is that it's not just a few fTs that suck at party play. Balancing enhancing your party's damage and health, as well as contributing your own damage is a delicate balance and to be pretty frank a lot of people are lazy about it and optimizing their spell effectiveness.

And the supposedly support-only techers (is this Batman-esque trend becoming popular or something?) that I've yelled at to nuke, sorry, I don't apologize.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-03-21 19:48 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 21, 2007, 09:46 PM
2. Cherry sucks.

Tsavo
Mar 21, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-03-21 19:44, Jey wrote:

On 2007-03-21 18:43, Tsavo wrote:

I think the issue is that it's not just a few fTs that suck at party play.

And the supposedly support-only techers (is this Batman-esque trend becoming popular or something?) that I've yelled at to nuke, sorry, I don't apologize.

True true.

And Batman-esque?:lol: Never thought of it that way but I guess that makes sense. I'm thinking of making a FOcast, which would make it mainly support, though I figure I could still do some decent damage with bows and cards when needed. I guess folks really do have a hard time taking advantage of their classes huh?

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-03-21 19:44, Tra wrote:
You know this is why topics such as these show up? I've made guides and written a lot of input for and about fTs to help them improve themselves. I don't like things like this to come up. People that want healbots, and fT that don't want to be called healbots. That's my gripe, understand?

No, I don't usually use rods in most cases. I have a resta/reverser wand. When things get serious (duoing Bruce A), I put resta on all of my wands.

My Guide:

Cherry sucks even worse

LOL MY OPINION MEANS MORE NOW AMIRITE

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe it's because he's writing the guides that the Fortetechers suck...?

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 10:00 PM
On 2007-03-21 19:35, Tengoku wrote:

You, good sir, have earned my respect.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-03-21 19:58, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

You know, I haven't seen any of Cherry's guides.

It's probably for my benefit that I don't.

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:10 PM
Why are you guys putting down Tra so much? He is one of, if not, the best Fortetecher on the NA/EU servers.

It seems like you guys are just saying things with no valid argument in order to provoke him...

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:10, Umberger wrote:
Why are you guys putting down Tra so much? He is one of, if not, the best Fortetecher on the NA/EU servers.

pics or it didnt happen

also, get his dick outta your mouth :3

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:14 PM
That's a real mature comeback, thanks for proving my point.

Would anyone care to say why they dislike Cherry/Tra? I want to know why he's such a bad player.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:14, Umberger wrote:
That's a real mature comeback, thanks for proving my point.

Would anyone care to say why they dislike Cherry/Tra? I want to know why he's such a bad player.

Cause hes rude

Cause he has a huge attitude

Cause he acts like hes the fucking law

Cause he says hes the best

Cause hes constantly, in this thread, shown an inability to read

Cause you like him.

Oh yeah, and he expects everyone to suck his e-cock cause hes a fT, but doesn't want any other fTs to be in such a glorious position, because they apparently all give him a bad name

On 2007-03-21 19:44, Tra wrote:

Nice rod in your(lol) owning of labs S2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BoxerMcBoxe on 2007-03-21 20:22 ]</font>

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:24 PM
He doesn't want other fTs to be in a "glorious position"? He wrote a guide on how to level your technics (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133610&forum=22&49)...the only thing I can see giving fTs a bad name is those that do nothing but spam spells such as Dambarta. It's not the actual players that are giving fTs a bad name, it's their play styles...a negative stereotype if you will.

EDIT: Notice in his quote he says "usually" and "in most cases"...he doesn't say "I never use rods".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Umberger on 2007-03-21 20:25 ]</font>

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:24, Umberger wrote:
He doesn't want other fTs to be in a "glorious position"? He wrote a guide on how to level your technics (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133610&forum=22&49)...the only thing I can see giving fTs a bad name is those that do nothing but spam spells such as Dambarta. It's not the actual players that are giving fTs a bad name, it's their play styles...a negative stereotype if you will.

So...

He spams dambarta and gidiga to....fulfill the stereotype, so he can hate others, who may or may not do what he does, which is a stereotype

Nice work

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
Owned.

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:25, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:

So...

He spams dambarta and gidiga to....fulfill the stereotype, so he can hate others, who may or may not do what he does, which is a stereotype

Nice work

He may have spammed them in the video he made...but those were really the best technics to use in their respective situations. I think it's unfair to base your view of his entire play style from just one video.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:28, Umberger wrote:
He may have spammed them in the video he made...but those were really the best technics to use in their respective situations. I think it's unfair to base your view of his entire play style from just one video.

THen he shouldn't make one video to represent his entire playstyle being "better" than everyone elses.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 10:30 PM
Damnit Boxer, it's hard to be a productive member of societythis forum when you keep owning people :C

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:38 PM
PJ, could you please stop posting if you have nothing positive or constructive to contribute to this thread?

His one video isn't meant to be a representation of his entire play style...nor is it saying "I'm better than you."

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 21, 2007, 10:39 PM
Why is there so much techer hate? cant we all just get along

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 10:40 PM
You're telling me constructive/not constructive?

Your post: Cherry rocks.
My post: Cherry sucks.

That's pretty much it.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:38, Umberger wrote:
His one video isn't meant to be a representation of his entire play style...nor is it saying "I'm better than you."

please, you don't stand a chance.

???

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:44 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:40, PJ wrote:
You're telling me constructive/not constructive?

Your post: Cherry rocks.
My post: Cherry sucks.

That's pretty much it.

...no.

Your posts: "Damnit Boxer, it's hard to be a productive member of societythis forum when you keep owning people :C "

"Owned."

Those two comments were completely unnecessary. There is no argument or information contained in those that is relevant to the topic at hand, and have no purpose other than to try and provoke someone. It's like when the kids on the playground all go "OOOOOOOOH" after someone makes a joke or something.

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 10:46 PM
"Look at my Halarod guys! I R WINN4R! I didn't actually find it, but who cares!"

He hates support Forces, and he hates people who have buff macros. He acts like Fortetecher is the be-all end-all of PSU, and it's growing tiresome.

As for Dambarta...

*cough*Remedy*cough*

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:46, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
"Look at my Halarod guys! I R WINN4R! I didn't actually find it, but who cares!"

He hates support Forces, and he hates people who have buff macros. He acts like Fortetecher is the be-all end-all of PSU, and it's growing tiresome.

As for Dambarta...

*cough*Remedy*cough*

Marry me.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 21, 2007, 10:52 PM
You all need to realize three things.

1}techers are just good people trying to get through the day EVERYBODY STOP BEATING ON THEM. serious i think techers need some sort of protection program from all the anti-techer people

2}Beating on techers has been going on since the dawn of this game. Why no one likes them i dont knwo but it gets old....its almost as bad as all the hacker/mesta issue threads

3}Get over yourselves. you are all acting like pompous, self-important, ego-infatuated, nemorodic numbskulls.

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:46, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

As for Dambarta...

*cough*Remedy*cough*

I just searched through the past 2 months of Remedy's posts and found 2 that contained the word "Dambarta" in them. One of them was on the subject of multiplayer/split screen lag, and the other was in a thread asking what high leveled spells people had. Maybe we can just let the "Remedy loves Dambarta" thing go?

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 10:53 PM
We're not beating on techers. Just the bad ones.

You know. The one we're talking about.

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 10:54 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:52, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

3}Get over yourselves. you are all acting like pompous, self-important, ego-infatuated, nemorodic numbskulls.

I'm those things for trying to defend someone? >_>

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 10:55 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:52, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
You all need to realize three things.

1}techers are just good people trying to get through the day EVERYBODY STOP BEATING ON THEM. serious i think techers need some sort of protection program from all the anti-techer people

2}Beating on techers has been going on since the dawn of this game. Why no one likes them i dont knwo but it gets old....its almost as bad as all the hacker/mesta issue threads

Says the man ordering us to stow it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 10:57 PM
lol, Remedy.

Oh, and no way in hell Cherry is the best fT in PSU. I play with the best fT, so I'd know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-03-21 20:59 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:53, PJ wrote:
We're not beating on techers. Just the bad ones.

You know. The one we're talking about.

BAM!

SolomonGrundy
Mar 21, 2007, 10:58 PM
A non-cherry post:

1. I played with a force *cum* wartecher, who does not buff (female newman). I find it somewhat annoying (she does not even cast retrier or deband). But I limit my requests for a buff to 1 time per block, right as we enter the new block or right before a boss.

1a This particular Wartecher is more interested in melee damage, and so has made a Cast Figunner. Problem mostly solved.

My outward response is when playing with the wartecher is to play more conservative, and watch my own back. I am some number of levels above this chracter so this is really no issue.

2. My second character is a Guntecker. I call over folks for 3 buffs when cast them (I omit retrier). I rebuff after nano/SUV unless I am covering my own ass. As a CAST guntecker, regrettably, my resta is not great, and I let folks know not to rely on it. If I see a party member getting pelted with barta I try to help with a resta. but often it's better to disrupt the attacker, than to help out with a +200 hp resta.

3. I played PSO as a Force, a Ranger, and As a Hunter. One of the things I liked about PSO was that it was possible to become self sufficient. I
DON'T LIKE how dependent all the classes are on each other. Especially as it seems likeForteTechers/Wartechers are not dependent on others.

McLaughlin
Mar 21, 2007, 11:01 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:58, SolomonGrundy wrote:
A non-cherry post:

1. I played with a force *cum* wartecher, who does not buff (female newman). I find it somewhat annoying (she does not even cast retrier or deband). But I limit my requests for a buff to 1 time per block, right as we enter the new block or right before a boss.

1a This particular Wartecher is more interested in melee damage, and so has made a Cast Figunner. Problem mostly solved.

My outward response is when playing with the wartecher is to play more conservative, and watch my own back. I am some number of levels above this chracter so this is really no issue.

2. My second character is a Guntecker. I call over folks for 3 buffs when cast them (I omit retrier). I rebuff after nano/SUV unless I am covering my own ass. As a CAST guntecker, regrettably, my resta is not great, and I let folks know not to rely on it. If I see a party member getting pelted with barta I try to help with a resta. but often it's better to disrupt the attacker, than to help out with a +200 hp resta.

3. I played PSO as a Force, a Ranger, and As a Hunter. One of the things I liked about PSO was that it was possible to become self sufficient. I
DON'T LIKE how dependent all the classes are on each other. Especially as it seems likeForteTechers/Wartechers are not dependent on others.

+1 intelligence.

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 11:21 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:01, PJ wrote:

On 2007-03-21 19:58, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

You know, I haven't seen any of Cherry's guides.

It's probably for my benefit that I don't.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=133610&forum=22&49

I put most of my input on the official psu forums.

and no, you guys have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, the opinions of couple of skillness noobs here means nothing. I've already shown proof. What about you guys? I doubt it with all your talk with no back-up. See up til now I haven't even shown much aggression to any of you, but it looks like you guys close your ears if my first post in this thread turn out to be pretty irritating. I've only been trying to give my thoughts (which I don't think I've tried to make anybody mad after page4) =) but it looks like I'm pretty good at inciting flame wars and locking topics too. Anyhow... why do I suck? Give it your best shot with a good reason why. Maybe I'll change for ya.

PJ
Mar 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
Well, I certainly won't become a widespread famous popular OMGWTF Force, cause I only play with a set team...

But they certainly don't die much. So I guess I don't really care.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 21, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-03-21 21:21, Tra wrote:
and no, you guys have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, the opinions of couple of skillness noobs here means nothing. I've already shown proof. What about you guys? I doubt it with all your talk with no back-up. See up til now I haven't even shown much aggression to any of you, but it looks like you guys close your ears if my first post in this thread turn out to be pretty irritating. I've only been trying to give my thoughts (which I don't think I've tried to make anybody mad after page4) =) but it looks like I'm pretty good at inciting flame wars and locking topics too. Anyhow... why do I suck? Give it your best shot with a good reason why. Maybe I'll change for ya.

Was it implied I give a shit?

You're an idiot on the forums, and you're an idiot ingame, I don't care how you play because you suck as a person.

Edit: Though I don't know why I expect different, people were elitist assholes in PSO too. The only difference is the amount of fanboys the PSU assholes have.

And I don't like you because you seem to think you carry the entire ft class, and everyone else just drags you down. And you've made it clear thats your attitude in pretty much all your posts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BoxerMcBoxe on 2007-03-21 21:30 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 11:31 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/TheKadster/threadhijack.jpg

Eleina
Mar 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
On 2007-03-21 21:24, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:
Was it implied I give a shit?

You're an idiot on the forums, and you're an idiot ingame, I don't care how you play because you suck as a person.

Ever thought that it is u who sucks as a person...And my word in this topic is that us Forces play the way we like!!! Random rambos should just let us play how we feel we should

Sekani
Mar 21, 2007, 11:40 PM

You might actually be the best fortetecher ever, not like I care. You just suck because you're a troll, and you're not even an amusing one.

Spellbinder
Mar 21, 2007, 11:48 PM
Wow, can't believe this topic has gone so far off. Well, this is a little outdated and a little cheesey but I still think it gets the point across

A Force is the traditional "glass cannon" of Phantasy Star Universe. They have very low health and physical defense, but counter this by having a very impressive offense and, in the case of Phantasy Star Unverse, defense given to them through the use of a large assortment of Technics.

First and foremost, I will tell you this now so this will not be a shock to you later. High level Hunters are very powerful, in someways more powerful than Forces can be directly. But you shouldn't let this distract you, or make you grow envious of what they do. Why shouldn't this upset you? Well, let me try to explain.

Although Technics don't always seem to be as powerful as the attacks of Hunters in a direct comparsion, you have to put it into perspective. Photon Arts for Hunters were designed to deal damage, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Technics, however have a little more edge to them. So let's say a Hunter uses a Photon Art that deals a few hundred damage per hit to a group of enemies, and he's able to rack up a fair bit of damage.

You will be using Technics that deal several hundred points of damage per cast and possibly burn enemies, for added damage over time. You may shock enemies, leaving them unable to fight back against the team making everyone's life a little easier. Enemies may find themselves silenced, and unable to use those nasty attacks everyone hates. Or they may be left frozen, giving teammates the chance to chip in a few extra hits without retaliation.

An excellent example of this would be S Rank Linear Line. When this mission was first released, an unprepared group would simply get pummeled by megid, and lots of it. If everyone wasn't packing scape dolls, there would be no chance of completing this mission with S Rank. Not long after, however, people discovered something very interesting that changed the way people looked at this mission. The megid enemies used was considered a physical attack, so if they were shocked they couldn't megid.

So, enter a team with three Forces, and an assortment of Hunters and Rangers. The team would step into a room, the Forces would let rip with Zonde, and the rest was history. Enemies were being shocked left and right, unable to megid, and unable to fight back period. Put simply, Forces made the mission a breeze, and I think knowing your character could make that possible is just as important as any amount of insane damage other characters may or may not dish out.

So yes, while they are not always as powerful as Hunters, depending on what you're fighting. Forces can dish out a very respectable amount of damage, and inflict valuable status effects on enemies to boot. Something Hunters can't boast, although Rangers excel at status effects moreso than Forces.

Even though Forces have a very large array of damage dealing Technics, they should never forget their support Technics. Out of the 36 Technics available in total, 12 of them are designed for support, so they have to be their for a reason. No one is saying to be a slave to the team, but just remember that as a Force you're capable of doing things the rest of your team can't without spending alot of money on items from the shop.

You have the ability to heal them, cure their status ailments, and make everyone stronger in every aspect without having to use any items. So be mindful of your team's health. You don't have to constantly spam, but if you see a teammate taking a beating, help them out with a resta. Or if you see one of the Hunters is shocked, try and use Reverser so they can keep fighting the good fight. There will be times when it's better to think of the strength of the team in its entirety rather than just the strength of an individual.

While on the subject of strength, we all know Forces can dish out alot of damage directly against enemies, but through support, you'll find dishing out damage directly isn't the only way to get the job done. Consider the stat enhancing Technics. You're capable of increasing the teams, physical strength, defense, evasion, accuracy, magic defense, and magic offense. Not only that, but you can weaken enemies, lowering their strength, defense, and evasion.

So, when your team is ripping through a mission doing tons of damage, just remember you helped make that possible, by giving them the strength they needed to rip through so easily. The Force is a character that brings a combonation of offense, defense, and support to a team unlike most types in Phantasy Star Universe. Some may think little of them, and others will think they're the God's gift to gaming. But just remeber that a Force is about having fun with magic. With such a large arsenal of Technics for offense and defense, you won't be disappointed in the path you've taken.

From the guide burried in the Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs section. *wanders off to find some juice*

Tra
Mar 21, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-03-21 21:40, Sekani wrote:

You might actually be the best fortetecher ever, not like I care. You just suck because you're a troll, and you're not even an amusing one.

troll post? where? wonder what I've been writing for the past couple pages. Like I said, deaf ears hahaha

Eleina
Mar 21, 2007, 11:54 PM
Cherry 1 - Cherry haters 0 owned

Tengoku
Mar 21, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:39, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
Why is there so much techer hate? cant we all just get along
They're the new Figunner.

Vay
Mar 21, 2007, 11:57 PM
Reading this post and watching that video are 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

EDIT: To be fair, it IS Labs S2, which definitely is lol on the challenge/fun factor up 'til the last room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vay on 2007-03-21 22:01 ]</font>

Sekani
Mar 22, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-03-21 21:52, Tra wrote:

troll post? where? wonder what I've been writing for the past couple pages. Like I said, deaf ears hahaha

You incorrectly assumed that I was only talking about this thread. However...
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=138178&forum=20&start=30&45#36

Ketchup345
Mar 22, 2007, 12:09 AM
Consider this thread closed until review by a PSU General moderator. Anyone who posts after me will receive a warning.

Tra
Mar 22, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-03-21 22:09, Ketchup345 wrote:
Consider this thread closed until review by a PSU General moderator. Anyone who posts after me will receive a warning.

okay.

oh maybe you're right I am a troll heh heh heh... some of the time.

PMB960
Mar 22, 2007, 12:25 AM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/PMB960/psu20070322_141641_000.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i168/PMB960/psu20070322_141650_001.jpg

Games often have tutorials and instruction manuals on how to play them. Taking the time to read these things can be very helpful and show you how to play the game or atleast give you hints on what to do.

Alisha
Mar 22, 2007, 12:33 AM
the solution to this problem is simple. give wartecher lvl 30 support techs and take them away from fortetecher. too bad ST probally cant do that without reworking the engine though.

Spellbinder
Mar 22, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-03-21 22:33, Alisha wrote:
the solution to this problem is simple. give wartecher lvl 30 support techs and take them away from fortetecher. too bad ST probally cant do that without reworking the engine though.

And making alot of Fortechers, myself included, very angry.

Tra
Mar 22, 2007, 01:09 AM
On 2007-03-21 23:04, Spellbinder wrote:

On 2007-03-21 22:33, Alisha wrote:

And making alot of Fortechers, myself included, very angry.

Hey Spellbinder; nosdiga I found use for after maxing, but after maxing noszonde and nosmegid... still haven't found a great use = Posted in a thread somewhere on the official forums