PDA

View Full Version : Any Gunners here that hate Dambarta Lv21+ Spammers?

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 21, 2007, 06:29 PM
I honestly hate Dambarta when I'm a Fortegunner, and when I'm a Fortefighter too...

Really It's cause it's WAY TOO BIG VERTICALLY!

I can't see the Enemies beyond the skyblue wall of ice once 2-3 walls appear...

Dambarta is just an annoying tech to others... You Techers who yell that it's the best close range tech ever don't take to consideration of your fellow Gunners or your Fighters, because they cant see squat cause their right in front of your Dambarta and their camara is behind...

gundam0079
Mar 21, 2007, 06:33 PM
deal with it. its somethin forces can do inflict massive amounts of damage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gundam0079 on 2007-03-21 16:33 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 06:37 PM
Seems today is another Flame War day.

I'm staying out of this.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 21, 2007, 06:38 PM
it gets annoyong time to time, but deal with it. i'm lvling up my dambarta currenty to use on my techer

NPCMook
Mar 21, 2007, 06:38 PM
Solution - Stop joining parties with 2+ ForteTechers

Mattardo
Mar 21, 2007, 06:39 PM
Imagine what it's like for us Fortetekkers! You think we can see shit when we cast that? I was shocked and appalled when mine reached 21. It totally threw off my strategy of waving it around where it's needed to stop monsters from attacking. Now I have to guess. But... it does do massive damage.

Siertes
Mar 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
Not being able to see the enemies is annoying, but I can workaround certain Fortetecher's playing style. Not too big a deal.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
So it's all about damage?

What about common courtecy[sp?]?

e_Tard
Mar 21, 2007, 06:50 PM
Honestly I've never had a problem shooting thro dambarta spam, and this is coming from a fellow Fortegunner.

Just use the targeting button(left bumper on 360), you don't even need to see the enemy, the red target will highlight them for you. Problem solved.

The only problem I've ever had with dambarta spam is when a nice big ball of megid comes flyin through it straight at my head. Even then I usually play far enough back to dodge it.

Candor
Mar 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
This hasn't been said yet? ok

Hate the game not the player!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ok so it's big, not the fT fault. Send a nice letter to ST if you want it removed, don't tell your fT they aren't allowed to cast it.

Criss
Mar 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
I haven't really been in a situation where a dambarta caster would prevent me from seeing monsters, but I guess in that case I would just take out my cards and let the homing-ness do the work.

TheRealFlow
Mar 21, 2007, 06:54 PM
When I trained my TECH, a lot of people bitched and whined when I used my Dambarta, so I justed made my own party's and if anyone complained I just booted em. But I guess it does suck when you're a FF, but is that not a good time to lock on to the enemies? Lol.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:53, Candor wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ok so it's big, not the fT fault. Send a nice letter to ST if you want it removed, don't tell your fT they aren't allowed to cast it.

You are retarded. You'd have to be a dumbass to ask ST to have a tch remove.

As for the OP, it was said before, DEAL WITH IT
Jesus, if its that big a problem, use a laser or grenade launcher.
Jesus, of all the things to complain about.....

Retehi
On 2007-03-21 16:50, e_Tard wrote:

The only problem I've ever had with dambarta spam is when a nice big ball of megid comes flyin through it straight at my head. Even then I usually play far enough back to dodge it.

Ditto, that's the only issue I have with it, haha.

Sychosis
On 2007-03-21 16:41, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

What about grenade launchers?
Mayalee Prism?
Tornado Dance?
Rising Strike?
Etcetera?
Etcetera?

It's just another of those "annoying when used incorrectly" PAs.

Kaydin
FFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sorry. </off topic> XD

Candor
Mar 21, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:55, DikkyRay wrote:

wasn't talking about removing the tech, but lessening the size of it...retard

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:57, Candor wrote:

On 2007-03-21 16:55, DikkyRay wrote:

wasn't talking about removing the tech, but lessening the size of it...retard

Thats all for me, dont feel like flaming with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about/what they do say

XDespaiR
Mar 21, 2007, 06:59 PM
my damabarta does 1000 damage (non crit) a second to every fire type moster standing in front of me.

Candor
Mar 21, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:58, DikkyRay wrote:
Thats all for me, dont feel like flaming with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about/what they do say

kk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 07:02 PM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who understood Candor was referring to the "OMGWTF bigness!" of Dambarta being removed.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:02, Sychosis wrote:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who understood Candor was referring to the "OMGWTF bigness!" of Dambarta being removed.

re-reading it i do. Still fucking retarded
ignorant forum noobs think they can change the game lulz

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 21, 2007, 07:16 PM
wow some people have anger issues *points up*

never had a prob with dambarta. it makes for a good defensive spell because it makes a wall of forzen monsters between you and the approaching so im ok with it. plus it makes my axe more effective because i hit them every single time

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:16, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
wow some people have anger issues *points up*

never had a prob with dambarta. it makes for a good defensive spell because it makes a wall of forzen monsters between you and the approaching so im ok with it. plus it makes my axe more effective because i hit them every single time

naw im just feel like startin something. I like argueing. XD
and i agree with you about the axe thing. Pretty much they are doing a thousand + dmg, im doing a thousand+ damage

Soukosa
Mar 21, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-03-21 16:55, Sychosis wrote:

Mayalee Prism?
Tornado Dance?
Rising Strike?
Etcetera?
Etcetera?

Exactly. Non-forces can whine all they want about things like Dambarta but they're usually using things that annoy the hell out of forces.

Of course, like those annoying PAs that hunters and rangers have, Dambarta shouldn't spammed non stop >.>

Fulgore
Mar 21, 2007, 07:20 PM
Dambarta is No more annoying than Gunners using Grenade Launchers and messing up our chance of AT LEAST tagging all the monsters before you finish them off or Hunters with their SEND IT TO THE MOON! PA's and we, Once Again, Can't hit squat before it dies!!!!!!!!!!!! Anytime I have to switch to a POS Gun just to get quick hits in before Gunners and Hunters send it across the map they need to keep their mouth shut about our Dambarta which we only pull out anymore these days when we ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO! Cuz we KNOW you people get your G-Strings all in a Knot! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

You Sir, Are A "Flame Lover" for even starting this and that is My! Opinion!

Fulgore
Mar 21, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:20, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-03-21 16:55, Sychosis wrote:

Mayalee Prism?
Tornado Dance?
Rising Strike?
Etcetera?
Etcetera?

Exactly. Non-forces can whine all they want about things like Dambarta but they're usually using things that annoy the hell out of forces.

Of course, like those annoying PAs that hunters and rangers have, Dambarta shouldn't spammed non stop >.>

Exactly! And most of us have a brain not to overuse it anyways cuz it drains so much PP if it's even worth using at all (IE: LVL30)

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:20, Sounomi wrote:
[quote]On 2007-03-21 16:55, Sychosis wrote:
[quote][b]On 2007-03-21 16:41, Garanz-Baranz wrote
Of course, like those annoying PAs that hunters and rangers have,

Man i HATE when ppl say this >.>
Us hunters spam Pa's for two reasons and two reasons only
1.) Unbelievable damage compared to the regular attack
2.) Most hit multiple enemies.
Why can't ppl just live with this fact? I don't see the harm in any hunter pa's, or any pa in general

Tsavo
Mar 21, 2007, 07:26 PM
Spamming dambarta is a hell of alot nicer to fG's than spamming damdiga and stripping all your status effects with poison. Just use the targeting crosshair instead of actually looking for the monster, not too difficult. I find it to be more of a pain in the ass when playing fF but even then only somtimes.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 08:03 PM
I'm a Fighter and I say use Dambarta 21+ to your desire. I don't care, I'll just deal with the seeing problems. Even if it did piss me off, all I have to do is Rising Crush 21+ move and send the monsters flying to piss them off back, but it doesn't so yeah, FOs, use Dambarta if you need/want to.

Sekani
Mar 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
Dambarta also causes ridiculous slowdown for many people not on a high-end PC or HDTV. I'm not aware of any other PAs that share that ability.

This is solely the fault of the tech's animation, not its damage or functionality.

VanHalen
Mar 21, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:47, Sekani wrote:
Dambarta also causes ridiculous slowdown for many people not on a high-end PC or HDTV. I'm not aware of any other PAs that share that ability.

This is solely the fault of the tech's animation, not its damage or functionality.

Also two beast nanoblasting at the same time in a Moatoob mission(it only happens in Moatoob for me) causes lag or for me to disconnect on my PC. I didn't have that problem with dambarta but I don't doubt it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 09:25 PM
Oh, just thought about it now, since Forces were talking about how much they hated it when Hunters sent monsters flying all over the place. Maybe in a way, Dambarta is the Force's revenge on them for doing that. There you go mages, piss off the fighters who pissed you off by spamming dambarta.

Umberger
Mar 21, 2007, 09:37 PM
I only use it in crowds of fire enemies...such as Badiras in Lab S2. Hitting all of them many times for 1000+ damage is a huge time saver...but I have partied with people who use it on things such as Volfus, which I agree is very annoying. %!*$ing use Diga.

Turambar
Mar 21, 2007, 09:43 PM
Am I the only one who utilizes the red lock on symbol to aim my shots when I can't see the actual mob itself? Dambarta dosn't really bother me what so ever execpt when its blocking out megids comming my way.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 21, 2007, 10:03 PM
Your 'red-rictical' crap isn't effective if you cant see the direction of the enemy, such as a Koltova preping a charge attack...

2 things are almost needed for Rangers to hit targets-

1- seeing the targets position clearly.

2- seeing the position the beast is in as to make any needed estimates on movement once the target moves.

Turambar
Mar 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
Damubarta causes knock back >.> Not to mention any blindness only really happens in narrow corridors where you can't just walk around it. Don't really have too many corridors and hallways that spawn koltovas...

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-03-21 20:03, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Your 'red-rictical' crap isn't effective if you cant see the direction of the enemy, such as a Koltova preping a charge attack...

2 things are almost needed for Rangers to hit targets-

1- seeing the targets position clearly.

2- seeing the position the beast is in as to make any needed estimates on movement once the target moves.

awww poor baby you have to point and shoot. thats all you do is point and shoot. you arent actually in the fight you just point and shoot. If you cant see the people from behind the force...MOVE!! it really isnt that hard of a thing to do. People whin all day about forces making life difficult and then comes the missions and its heal buff heal buff. and if they dont than its "why wont you heal me" or "Why dont you buff" This is all very childish and baby-ish.

FUFME
Mar 21, 2007, 10:42 PM
I hate comming across Dambarta with all 3 of my characters. Cant see at all.

On the other hand, I maybe getting that spell as I need to LV something up

Mattardo
Mar 22, 2007, 05:44 AM
This whole 3 pages could have been useless if you've just take the advice of an earlier poster on page 1: Don't join parties with forces. There ya go. If forces are usueless to you, then don't play with them. If they have value to you as a buffer and healer but you dissaprove of their spells, then you're a selfish prick. Dambarta is annoying to see through. That is all. I play with my girlfriend's beast fortefighter (as if THAT isn't a surprise - a beast fortefighter) and I constantly outdamage her, finish monsters quicker than her, etc. And as for gunners: ooo you do special effects. We're all very proud of you, standing in the distance plinking away with your toy guns and making monsters wheeze or stop moving. How brave of you. I don't bear any ill will against any class, in all reality, it's just that threads like this invite class hating. Try hating the differences in races in PSU instead. HUmans are stupid and fat and eat McDOnald's and destroy the environment. Neumanns are Mensa-rejects that wear pocket protectors. Beasts love greasy foods and running around rioting in beast form when their rights are infringed on. Casts are just walking calculators. There. Isn't that much more nicer? These things can't be helped.

Eleina
Mar 22, 2007, 05:57 AM
i have the perfect solution for ranger to see through my dambarta :
-Grab shotty and link pa
-point shotty toward dambarta
-shoot
and magic your hitting enemys without even seeing them! a use has finally been found for the shotgun

Mattardo
Mar 22, 2007, 06:03 AM
Rangers... can you even track animals from their droppings? Can you foretell the weather? These aren't rangers, methinks! Support classes shouldn't bitch about what the grownups are doing. They should just circle the carcasses like the Hyenas they are and occasionally tear little scraps of meat off. Let the Lions do the real work. Ha!

amtalx
Mar 22, 2007, 06:06 AM
I actually like it when forces go nuts with dambarta. Im a big shotgun user, so the knockback from dambarta keeps me from getting converged on while I'm imobile. I just use the red dots to guide me.

Mio
Mar 22, 2007, 07:18 AM
Yes Dambarta is definitely ANNOYING for rangers. Sheesh

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 08:06 AM
I'm very good with shooters, and generally good with memorization. In a way, I never really had much of a problem with Dambarta because I first sight where the monsters are, and then don't need very clear vision to target them. As a GT, I generally have weapons designed to spread the wealth, so even at that, firing into the mess of ice will normally land my shots. The sighting is used to make sure I didn't miss some. Besides, it's not like they can keep Dambarta up the whole time.

Yes, rangers get a bit caught up in the whole Hunter vs. Force battles, but in general we keep quiet about it and try to *work* with it all. Just wish the other two groups could actually do the same.

GTs are generally mid-range fighters, so it's almost imperative that we get involved in the fight. If we're trying to spread the status effects, as we should, we have a tendancy to draw aggro, so we're often in the fight whether we like it or not. But having the lowest overall defense (combined magic and dfp) of all classes, puts me into perspective that anything the Forces and Hunters do, to keep them buggers off me, is well appreciated.

When every attack (not just half of them) does great damage to you, you have the 2nd lowest HP (and not by a long shot) and you have a tendancy to get monsters angry at you just to do your part for the party; you appreciate all the help you can get.

Hopefully the forces will remember, when they get overwhelmed and I decide to risk life and limb, pulling creatures off them. And if the Hunter decides to intervene, I thank them. So I'll just sit back, and appreciate what the other two groups do for me as they are key to keeping me alive, and help me support them better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-22 06:12 ]</font>

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 22, 2007, 08:18 AM
So much hate....so much anger.

Why are we so fed up with eachother? Let us do what we need to do right? we're all working toward a common goal anyway. if you don't get alot of Exp that run, there will be dozens of other runs.

Dambarta is apparently ( i don't use it really. i'm more of a Damdiga/damfoie guy myself (after i capped FighGunner) A super tech, if it helps them complete the mission faster do so.

We should all take a Vacation to the Oasis, and just relax. We've all be grinding LabS2 too much everyone's tense.

Personally, ForteTechers and Any Techers are my friends. (being a wartecher now i know how fun and important they are (and to play) My only regret is now with Techers and Rangers having so much damage and added affects their advantage over hunter-classes is, well...

Making hunters not even needed. it's sorta sad. We need some balancing. Maybe give Hunters more Damage so we can, well, be useful again.

Dragon_Knight
Mar 22, 2007, 08:24 AM
Actualy as a techer I've always spammed dambarta where possible and few complaine about the wall of ice. Most take the oppotunity to whack/shoot at enemies while the enemy can't fight back then they break and let me stunlock the monsters again before swarming like a pack of hobos on a beef sandwich. Its actualy quite handy provided the monsters don't start warping around the field. My force motto "buff and heal yo self bi--!?" Xp

As a Transer I've found comfort in dambarta by letting them stun lock the enemy before I switch to a grenade launcher or laser and fire away. Thats of course provded they're smart enough to know WHEN to use dambarta and not some other techs. Cause damage or not if your missing monsters (4 leg variaties that run like mad everwhere, ect) with dambarta or they're warping around like a wizrobe your only going to make the job that much tougher for yourself and other hunters. My transer motto "Where my buffs and heals force bi--!?" Xp

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 08:58 AM
On 2007-03-22 06:18, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

Making hunters not even needed. it's sorta sad. We need some balancing. Maybe give Hunters more Damage so we can, well, be useful again.

That doesn't go for all rangers you know. At this point, the only way I can hope to compete damage-wise is if and when I land the Status Effect. Even then, only the SE4 is the one that does 40% of a monster's health over 20 seconds. The others have reduced amount of damage, but are used more since SE4 shots are at a premium.

The best some of us can do, is cards. And because we only get A ranks even that damage is on *borrowed* time, until SEs are all that's left for us. Hunters aren't remotely close to being less useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-22 06:59 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 22, 2007, 09:14 AM
Yay someone found something new to argue about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif was beginning to get fun in here, thank god you saved us from that -_-

On topic, as a gunner I never had a problem with dambarta, you're prolly just in areas where everyone is very closed in. In open spaces why not just pick off the monsters that are out of dambarta's reach?

DamunBM
Mar 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
This is the dumbest complaint I've ever heard... You have a little red circle to tell you what you're hitting, strafe left and right and spam bullets why do you need to see the monsters when they are all frozen? They aren't going any where. I am pretty sure you're just desperately looking for something to moan about.

Mio
Mar 22, 2007, 09:19 AM
Hey you know, Damubarta can be very annoying, I will not change my mind, especially when i'm in party with forces that just spam that.

But I don't say anything, because it's not their fault SEGA made that technic looking so lame! So my complains, if any, will never be directed at damubarta used, but at who designed it.

-Rune-
Mar 22, 2007, 09:20 AM
On 2007-03-22 07:15, DamunBM wrote:
This is the dumbest complaint I've ever heard... You have a little red circle to tell you what you're hitting, strafe left and right and spam bullets why do you need to see the monsters when they are all frozen? They aren't going any where. I am pretty sure you're just desperately looking for something to moan about.

Welcome to the boards and get used to complaints, the mail rooms full of em xD

amtalx
Mar 22, 2007, 09:48 AM
If it really gets out of control (2+ forces using dambarta simultaneously) I just angle my camera up and I can see fine...

JAFO22000
Mar 22, 2007, 09:57 AM
You guys do know that there is a small map in the upper right hand corner of your screen, right? The yellow dots on this maps are enemy creatures....use this during dambarta and you may find something to shoot...

BTW, I am a FT, and dambarta annoys me, but it does come in handy sometimes.

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 10:03 AM
As I said before, there are plenty of ways to deal with some visual obstruction, as a ranger. That map is not one of them, however. It's a good way to get an overview of how things are on the map, but it's a terrible device for precision shooting.

Still, as I jest, it would be great if certain classes could get one of those UAV thingys from Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Those devices would be killer, but it would mainly only serve its purpose for those who play role-swapping games needing tactical situational awareness.

Needless to say, I don't have a complaint about Damubarta. It has its uses, and has its backfires with them. One can either complain, or deal with them. There's a lot of things some people have to deal with, I don't consider Damubarta that high on the radar to care. I think the plusses of it, outweight the minuses.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-22 08:15 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Mar 22, 2007, 10:05 AM
If you're a gunner having problems with dambarta, (1) ask nicely, and if that doesn't work... (2) switch to killer shot so that enemies will be dead before your force has a chance to spam it, or (3) use your SUV to make your force take a timeout to rebuff you.

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 10:10 AM
Killer shot is not as good as you think. It works maybe once in a blue moon. SUVs are cast only and can't be spammed to any kind of annoying amounts. Face it, there are no *get backs* unless you picked a specific ranger class with grenade access, the rest generally aren't bothered even with the concept of it. Let the hunters and forces have their vindication, though I don't condone it. Selfish acts don't help me. Yes, I can work around a playstyle to take advantage of the situation, but it tends to be a lot of work, for a lot less reward, than just nice cooperation within the team.

I just thank Sonic Team, that at least there's no tactic that will leave me with nothing but a chance to go and cry in the corner. I do have some ability to keep teamplay in, even when people go all self-centered.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-22 08:14 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 22, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-03-22 08:05, RedCoKid wrote:
If you're a gunner having problems with dambarta, (1) ask nicely, and if that doesn't work... (2) switch to killer shot so that enemies will be dead before your force has a chance to spam it, or (3) use your SUV to make your force take a timeout to rebuff you.

LOLZ he/she will get rebuffed when tha whole group needs re-buffing!

on topic: i dont spam dambarta, hell the only time ud see me use it is;

A) Worms
B) ....wait thats it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i spam Damdiga more then Dambarta, i lub poisoning!

JAFO22000
Mar 22, 2007, 10:58 AM
Worms = Nosdiga for me. Automatic tracking + a chance to stun.

_Deliverance_
Mar 22, 2007, 10:59 AM
You realize that what you're having a problem with is something that babies learn within about 6 weeks right? Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean it isn't there.
Keep swinging/shooting through the dambarta, because the mob is _very_ likely to still be on the other side of it.

Fulgore you need to take a pill dude. Relax. Besides, wtf are you using a gun to tag for anyway? Lemme give you a tip: Enter the room with your >bow< equipped (lolGun), tag everything, then use whatever techs you want to damage/buff/heal etc. That, my friend, is how you play FT.

JAFO22000
Mar 22, 2007, 11:05 AM
[b]On 2007-03-22 08:59, _Deliverance_ wrote
Fulgore you need to take a pill dude. Relax. Besides, wtf are you using a gun to tag for anyway? Lemme give you a tip: Enter the room with your >bow< equipped (lolGun), tag everything, then use whatever techs you want to damage/buff/heal etc. That, my friend, is how you play FT.

Actually, that is how you play FT. To tag everything easily as a FT, use debuffs. Hell, even cards would work better than a bow to tag everything...

chibiLegolas
Mar 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-03-22 07:15, DamunBM wrote:
You have a little red circle to tell you what you're hitting, strafe left and right and spam bullets why do you need to see the monsters when they are all frozen? They aren't going any where.

I agree. When your camera is stuck behind the FO and can't see in the ice madness, then you'll have to switch to a mob/spread type weapon to make use of those frozen baddies. This is a co-op game ppl. The FO's are doing the rest of us a favor, freezing enemies up close + damage. It's our jobs HU/RA to make sure we pick them off before the ice breaks and they get to the FO that's in front of them.
Yea, we can't see well. But we gotta grin and bear it.
And don't forget to make use of those overhead maps. At least that shows us the # of general locations of the mobs.

I personally use shock/freeze SE3 crossbows in mob situations. So if the dambarta wears off, they'd be at least shocked or refrozen so that they won't attack me or the FO when the ice settles...

akratic
Mar 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
Bunch of dipshits here. You act as though the missions are either competitions among players or, worse, that the other players are to you the equivalents of npc's (well, maybe not even that nice - some people at least try to keep their npc's alive).

I prefer teamwork and strategy as means to efficiency. I also think that, based on the things you post with your internet gusto, most of you should be suffocated with plastic bags, so what do I know?

Serephim
Mar 22, 2007, 11:41 AM
Yea, i already said most of the techniques on this game are pretty dissapointing to me.

The casting animations dont get faster as they level up, the spells only change 3 times, the speed of the spells dont get fast enough, and the spells themselves arnt rewarding enough in looks. (IMO. havent USED them yet, but judging from PSO the PSU ones arnt that impressive.)

The Ice spells look lame.

I would actully like Gibarta to look like Rabarta from PSO, Damubarta to look like Gibarta from PSO (that would be so cool, with the constant spinning spirals of ice spinning and breaking at your feet while you shoot out lots of blue dust and chunks of ice, instead of stupid skyscrapers of ice), and barta to look less lame.

I think they kind of got lazy with the spells. I actully hope they revise them to look better in the "expansion". (but, then again, maybe ill come to like them.)

BahnKnakyu
Mar 22, 2007, 12:00 PM
I don't really care about Dambarta as a Gunner - since you can pretty much autolockon and you don't have to be accurate like in a Real FPS to hit something, it's no big deal.

As a melee-based character tho, it's beyond annoying because I can't see ANYTHING going on around me.

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-03-22 10:00, BahnKnakyu wrote:
I don't really care about Dambarta as a Gunner - since you can pretty much autolockon and you don't have to be accurate like in a Real FPS to hit something, it's no big deal.

Rangers have no Lock on. Lock on is only for Melee weapons only. Rangers manually aim everything. Not that this has much to do with this discussion. Just don't want anybody thinking the game mechanics work one way, when they don't.

On resistant monsters, only the slower-firing SE4 weapons work, and those need the most precision of any fire-arm. Resulting slow-down complicates this aim even further. But still, as I said before, we can work around that. A bit of a pain, but doable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-22 10:08 ]</font>

RedCoKid
Mar 22, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-03-22 08:10, Akaimizu wrote:
Killer shot is not as good as you think. It works maybe once in a blue moon.
It works a whole lot more than that when 2+ gunners are using KS in GoF. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Then again, I only use dambarta against fire enemies, so nevermind.

On 2007-03-22 08:30, Rashiid wrote:
LOLZ he/she will get rebuffed when tha whole group needs re-buffing!
In my party, you'd get a special re-buff after SUV unless you were running away from me. nooo... come baaack...!

Yeah, sometimes I'm afraid that I buff and heal so much that my teammates would be inclined to ask me to stop and pitch in some damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-03-22 10:03 ]</font>

DamunBM
Mar 22, 2007, 09:24 PM
I thought I was done with you but I changed my mind... I have more to say...

" I can't see the Enemies beyond the skyblue wall of ice once 2-3 walls appear... "

Since we are using colors... uncool ones like " Sky Blue " lets point out you're green... TWICE... Green with envy and Green with the newbness, that's right see I can use colors effectively too! Who would have thought the word green was so versatile!

Nai_Calus
Mar 22, 2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I hate it when FOnewms don't do anything but spam Rafoie, too- Oh wait, wrong game.

Same arguments though! Hah.

Forces have always been unappreciated and always will be.

And I am STILL to this day after several years dumbfounded by how many FOs either don't support or do so poorly.

Then again, I've always been everybody's buff/debuff/heal bitch, so. XD "Hmm, player x got hit, better heal them" Maybe I should get bitchy about it, the way everybody runs from me like I have the plague the moment I start casting Shifta... NO IT WON'T HURT YOU COME BAAAAAAAACK. ...And then I just wait until they're clumped together fighting enemies, throw out a Jellen tag and buff them then like a little whore. And nobody, of course, gives a damn about it or appreciates it. Just like back on PSO.

Ah well.

Basically: Same shit, different game. Been here. Done this. Nothing new. Actually this is kind of amusing, especially some of the stupider arguments. Ahh, some things never do change, do they? Refreshing, almost.

DamunBM
Mar 23, 2007, 12:16 AM
Also where is the poll option " OP is a retard " I want that option.

OP - original poster, for those random boys and girls who don't understand who I'm insulting.

DonRoyale
Mar 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
Yell all you want, I'll still spam it.

The size is to get rid of flying enemies (it can hit a couple airborne enemies, most noticably Tengohgs)

If you don't like it, I suggest you don't party with me. I spam it like there's no tomorrow-it's extremely powerful, and people actually PRAISE me when we're doing Neudaiz missions, because it's extremely useful against Goshins (though not Nosdiga-like useful)

People just need something to hate. It'll be this now, because the FG and fG hate has simmered down.

Still, like it was said earlier, we don't complain when your PA's send monsters three miles to next Tuesday >.>

Neith
Mar 24, 2007, 08:45 PM
Dambarta's a really useful spell, when it's used right.

Since I play a Fighter, it does get annoying when I can't see anything but white because the fT just cast Dambarta next to me. Sure, I can take hits if something did get through the Dambarta, but as stated earlier, it also makes me unable to see Megid.

If someone spammed it excessively, I'd probably make a point of it. If they didn't stop, I'd kick them or leave party, depending who was leader. It's almost as bad as Tornado Dance spam/ Grenade Launcher spam/anything with knockback spam.

DonRoyale, judging by your post, you must not play a melee/gunner class enough to know how annoying Dambarta 21+ must be for Gunners/Fighters. Saying people don't complain about HU PA's is BS, bad Hunters get it all the time, and rightly so. Same should apply to people who spam Dambarta like its their only spell.

Yes, it's an awesome Tech, and I have no problems getting blinded by it occasionally, when I know it's being used right. It's when it gets spammed unnecessarily that it bugs me.

..in other words, people need to learn how to use PA's properly. Most can, but clearly there's still some people who don't give a damn about their party.

Ninja-edit: To whoever said 'use the targeting system to see stuff': You try that, when you can't SEE the monsters to be able to get a reliable target. Also, you tell me how to dodge a Deljaban Megid as a HU when you can't SEE the Deljaban?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-03-24 18:47 ]</font>