PDA

View Full Version : What if teh Ps2 and Pc severs could....

gundam0079
Mar 21, 2007, 07:48 PM
play with all of our japanese counterparts. i wonder what it would be like playing with them and them with us. how would it work out between languages.

EphekZ
Mar 21, 2007, 07:51 PM
we'd get people who actually know how to play...

Zorafim
Mar 21, 2007, 07:53 PM
Doubtful. I've got a few FFXI stories to tell. Though I must admit, they did tend to be better on average than NA players.

VanHalen
Mar 21, 2007, 07:54 PM
Would be fun. Then again since I don't speak Japanese and they would be the majority it will be harder for me to get parties then it is now(everyone is in the sealab)

gundam0079
Mar 21, 2007, 07:55 PM
i mean the language barrier would be tought to break, unless ST made a language crossover program which would translate the language to the correct format for wach country.

Retehi
Mar 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
Lots of "JP ONRY" games.

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 08:02 PM
On 2007-03-21 17:55, gundam0079 wrote:
i mean the language barrier would be tought to break, unless ST made a language crossover program which would translate the language to the correct format for wach country.

With how bad they translated the item names and descriptions........

I dun wanna think about it. >.<

Helly
Mar 21, 2007, 08:02 PM
It'd be nice! I miss my JP PSO DC/GC buddies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Plus the more people the merrier!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 08:03 PM
Please use WORD SELECT
> Everyone

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 21, 2007, 08:06 PM
I agree that the more the merrier, and I would like to practice my Japanese skills, although I don't know how to get my PC to type using Japanese letters though.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 08:07 PM
omg WORD SELECT!!!!

Itoshi
Mar 21, 2007, 10:40 PM
lol @ Word select

"Would You go With Me?"
> Samantha17

"Ew, wtf, get a life fgt"

"OK."
>Samantha17

Saphion
Mar 22, 2007, 03:48 AM
I take pleasure in bonsai trees.
> Everybody

Mattardo
Mar 22, 2007, 05:51 AM
Japanese players = horrible lag. And I'd hate to fail to attain an S rank on a mission with a Japanese player. I would never know if they immediately went and committed seppuku out of sheer disgrace. That would keep me up for 1 more minute than usual at night.

NinjaSalad
Mar 22, 2007, 06:34 AM
Japanese players = horrible lag.
Not for those of us who live in Australia. :o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NinjaSalad on 2007-03-22 04:37 ]</font>

FUFME
Mar 22, 2007, 07:07 AM
I say go for it and why the hell not. Who cares if they dont speak English.

I play with a bunch of people who speak Portuguese, French, German, Spanish..etc. I dunno what the hell they are saying to eachother but everyone knows what to do and play

Mio
Mar 22, 2007, 07:11 AM
On 2007-03-22 05:07, FUFME wrote:
I say go for it and why the hell not. Who cares if they dont speak English.

I play with a bunch of people who speak Portuguese, French, German, Spanish..etc. I dunno what the hell they are saying to eachother but everyone knows what to do and play

They're all making fun of you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

FUFME
Mar 22, 2007, 07:20 AM
maybe..u never know

I play w/ this one guy from Germany almost every day. A few times he brought in his PM and she was speaking German, it was the funniest thing.

Or if a leader doing Bruce Mission is German..etc - Bruce will Speak German the whole time- It's a trip

Mio
Mar 22, 2007, 07:22 AM
Well I'm Italian wanna hear my language? LoL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Mar 22, 2007, 07:32 AM
On 2007-03-22 03:51, Mattardo wrote:
Japanese players = horrible lag.

I play with Shim fairly often, she doesn't lag one bit. Her buddy Drew on the other hand is right here in the good ol' US of A and I can barely understand him with all the voice lag.

RadiantLegend
Mar 22, 2007, 07:38 AM
Just because you can't understand them doesnt mean they dont have idiots among them too.

-Rune-
Mar 22, 2007, 09:18 AM
We'd get weekly updates...

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 09:21 AM
Hehe. I would wait for another episode of that famous realization. The one where stereotypical Otaku thought processes gets shattered. The realization in which both good player and the idiocy that surrounds them happens just as much in Japan as it does outside of it.

DamunBM
Mar 22, 2007, 09:23 AM
You're Dumb.

chibiLegolas
Mar 22, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:03, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Please use WORD SELECT
> Everyone

Give us back WORD SELECT ST!
I miss it! And it's annoying to communicate already without a keyboard on PS2.

Are you ready
> Ffuzzy-Logik?

I'm going in. Back me up
> Apexi

Where are you
> Decoy?

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
I also really enjoyed the Word Select. Back on the Dreamcast version, I partied quite a bit, with folks across the pond, with it.

Pure-chan
Mar 22, 2007, 02:26 PM
Because of the wonky hours I played on pso, a lot of my friends were jp, hk, etc. It'd be nice to see them again, but it also makes a lot of sense to keep the servers separate. C'est la vie.

Mattardo
Mar 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
I'm just scared that if I'm exposed to them on a personal level I might be tempted to imitate my ancestors and drop a big ol' bomb on their head. That would shut 'em up!

Weakness
Mar 23, 2007, 10:32 PM
On 2007-03-22 07:18, -Rune- wrote:
We'd get weekly updates... that actually added content.

Fixed that for you. what is the point of taking the servers down every week to add a whole lot of nothing?

On 2007-03-23 14:55, Mattardo wrote:
I'm just scared that if I'm exposed to them on a personal level I might be tempted to imitate my ancestors and drop a big ol' bomb on their head. That would shut 'em up!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif Wow, just wow. I don't think I have ever seen anyone with less tact then this.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif Why can't we all just get along? (Well minus the racist mook in the quote, he deserves to be shot).

Mattardo
Mar 23, 2007, 11:00 PM
Racist? No. If I had said "I hate Japanese because of their yellow skin, short stature and slanted eyes" then THAT would be racist. You can know a person on a personal level and hate them without being racist. I hate some of my neighbors. They are the same race as I am, but I still hate them. Now, if they were a different race than me, the bleeding hearts would accuse me of racism. Racism is prejudice and bigotry. So is wanting racists to be shot - that is another form of prejudice and bigotry. And what do you know anyways? You're a beast. Lousy beasts..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weakness
Mar 23, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-03-23 21:00, Mattardo wrote:
Racist? No. If I had said "I hate Japanese because of their yellow skin, short stature and slanted eyes" then THAT would be racist. You can know a person on a personal level and hate them without being racist. I hate some of my neighbors. They are the same race as I am, but I still hate them. Now, if they were a different race than me, the bleeding hearts would accuse me of racism. Racism is prejudice and bigotry. So is wanting racists to be shot - that is another form of prejudice and bigotry. And what do you know anyways? You're a beast. Lousy beasts..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The "drop a bomb on their head" comment kind of solidified the racist part.

Now I am not a racist, nor a bigot, or prejudice to any single way. I don't care about race, creed, birth, religion, or whatever else heart heart desires to lean against. I am an equal opportunity hater.

On a side note, my main character is actually a CAST, so can't use that one against me >:3

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 05:51 AM
I figured since you assume I'm a racist, I might as well be a Specist too. Look at us two, defining our varying degrees of hate for humanity: you wanna open a club? We can sip Whiskey and discuss Plato and say things like "It's easier to educate one man, rather than educate the masses" and generally seethe in our own hateful juices. You can be club leader and I'll be club leader the next week: unless we start to hate each other. I think... we have a chance. To make something truly special. Even if you ARE a souless robot who will one day enslave humanity out of the dictates of logic and reasoning. Whattya say?

Mewnie
Mar 24, 2007, 06:04 AM
I'd love to see a JP merger.

Then I can laugh at all the wapanese climbing over each other to slobber all over a Japanese player's knob.

Was good fun in FFXI :3

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 06:11 AM
:0