PDA

View Full Version : Random Thought of the Day: Ever wonder about Blast Badges?

Weakness
Mar 21, 2007, 08:10 PM
I was thinking about what blast badge I wanted for my big kitty last night when this thought dawned on me...

The Blast Badge is a tattoo right? Well, how do they just change it to a different looking one on the fly?

;;>.> Laser removal takes months on end, and several treatments to take one off... and even then you can usually see a faint shadow of what once was. It isn't like you can just slap on a tattoo in a few minutes, a fairly elaborate one at that, ever stared at a blast badge up close?

<.<; Do they use a henna tattoo or something? And if that was the case, how come you don't need constant touch ups to keep it looking nice?

And finally, where the hell does the tattoo go when you turn into the giant cat? It isn't as if the fur could cover something that big completely!

...I think too much don't I?

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 08:12 PM
1) They seem far more advanced than our own civilization.
2) It's a video game.
3) A techer did it.

Weeaboolits
Mar 21, 2007, 08:13 PM
Maybe it's like a sticker or something.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
This is a culture that has harnessed the energy of life, itself, and advanced far beyond what we have developed. Who knows what technology they have found for applying and removing tattoos?

Heck, if they can alter their eye color at any given time, then certainly, they can play with ink patterns on the skin...

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 08:14 PM
It's the future.

We can change our eye color, even the style of our eyes. Tatoo removal is much easier.

Tsavo
Mar 21, 2007, 08:15 PM
Pannon jelly

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 08:17 PM
OMG IT MUST BE HAX CALL DA GEE EMMZ.

But yeah, Pannon Jelly.

DikkyRay
Mar 21, 2007, 08:19 PM
i always thought that Tatoo removal was done by Lay-zar cannons

VanHalen
Mar 21, 2007, 08:19 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:14, Kadan wrote:
It's the future.

We can change our eye color, even the style of our eyes. Tatoo removal is much easier.

We can even change our skin color like that too.

Weakness
Mar 21, 2007, 08:20 PM
._.; You guys are no fun. No theories or anything, the only thing I get is "Pannon Jelly" and "It's the future."

Sychosis
Mar 21, 2007, 08:22 PM
What about "A techer did it?"

;_;

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 08:24 PM
We can change our hair from super short to super long in 5 seconds.

Theories? You want theories?

<BS>

Well, I personally think that the makeover shop is staffed by creatures that dwell deep in the flaming pits below Dagora City (which is where the flames in those torches come from). They draw the badges by biting the Beast's arm and injecting their venom, which gives the beast their blast powers, but leaves a blue-ish mark. It's very painful, if any other race were to undergo the process they would die from the pain.

</BS>

Tsavo
Mar 21, 2007, 08:28 PM
Hmmm.

How do you poison a robot?

Why do fire based mobs have ice techs?

For what reason would you reload a shotgun that doesn't use shells?

What exactly are you pulling back when you ready to fire you're bow?

Like I said, pannon jelly.

Kaydin
Mar 21, 2007, 08:30 PM
Pannon Jelly is the root of all things.

VanHalen
Mar 21, 2007, 08:34 PM
Why is megid considered an ulitmate attack but every animal and their mama know it and can pull it off without trying?

How come we eat unknown meat?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 21, 2007, 08:35 PM
Because you're hungry.

Tsavo
Mar 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:30, Kadan wrote:
Pannon Jelly is the root of all things.

You are very wise....

AzureBlaze
Mar 21, 2007, 11:16 PM
I would say it has to have something to do with "Nano"

As you know, the beast transformation is not like that of the were-wolf. It is covered with light and shimmery dust sparkles. When a werewolf transforms, there is none of that because it is altering the flesh of the were, into a wolf format. (Like growing hair etc)

But a beast is supposedly using nano-particles (the glowy stuff) to somehow add more mass and subtract it quickly. If you watch the cinemas, it's like the blast goes from the edges, inward putting a layer over the person. So it's not "The Hulk" way.

So if it's nano, then it's NOT a tattoo, it just looks like one. It should be the actual nano particles sitting IN or ON the skin. And since they can move around (what are they, like nanomachines or something) enough to transform people, then simply re-arranging or re-programming it into another "Design Pattern" would be a non-painful breeze.

natewifi
Mar 21, 2007, 11:34 PM
Havent you guys ver heard of CONTACTS?

Phantomface
Mar 21, 2007, 11:40 PM
bow and shotgun users do all the origonal motions just to make themselves feel more badass, thats a no brainer.

and i must inquire, what about bel-pannon jelly?

Spellbinder
Mar 22, 2007, 01:09 AM

Really bad spyware?

So they don't get too warm.

Photon flux capacitor thingamabob has to... aw forget it, reloading shotguns just looks cool.

Photon strings that are the size of half a pixel.

Miyoko
Mar 22, 2007, 04:34 AM
It's clearly a rub-on tattoo.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2007, 05:13 AM
On 2007-03-21 18:28, Tsavo wrote:
Hmmm.

Like I said, pannon jelly.

1) Casts are androids and probably somewhat similar to Cyborgs. So they probably have some organic components inside; that's why poison effect TECHs can affect them.

2)The creature has Cryokenetic (psionic power related to freezing {moisture/gases in the air then sending the large ice chunk at you) Abilities.

3)Your loading/reloading a highly charged photon projectile. (even Photon Torpedoes had to be loaded in the launcher in Star Trek)

4) The Bows probably have motion sensors programed to respond only to the pulling of the bow-string action for it to fire it's shot, it's more natural to do that than just pressing a button on the bow.

Possibly some of the person's own energy & consentration when doing the pulling of the bow-string action helps makes the photonic arrow stronger too.

To the OP quandry.

The tattoes-Blast Badges are advanced Nanotechnology, microscopic machines with
a specialized Nano-Transe(Trance?)ability; those Nano-machines for the "tatto" and attach to the surface of the Beast's skin. The Nano Machines accumilate excess photons expelled during battle that linger in the air and once the "BlastBadge" is fully charged the "Nano Blast" can be used.
The "blast" is the Nano-machines usind a varient of Nano-Trance/Photonic tech to form layers of several photonic plates around the Beast; those form over the Beast and giving them their "virtual" form that surrounds his/her actual body (it's like a photonic Power-Suit/Mech Suit)

The outer appearance of their Nano-blast "form" is similar to a hologram and inconsentual(sp) only the color denoting what type (def, attack,etc).

So why don't Humans or other races use them one may ask?

Probably because the "Blast Badges" are an exclusive technology that Beasts developed early in that big war, and the Blast Badges are most liked "hard-wired" to only fun ction with those that have Beast DNA.

Azure has the right idea.

Yes I've read or watched way to damn much Sci-Fi. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-03-22 03:29 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2007, 05:15 AM
On 2007-03-21 18:34, VanHalen wrote:
Why is megid considered an ulitmate attack but every animal and their mama know it and can pull it off without trying?

SEED influence/infection has mutated those creatures to be able to have megid-type attacks/Technics...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-03-22 03:20 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2007, 07:06 AM
*What* exactly is it that's "f*ked up beyond all recognition"?

Explain what are refering to Obsidian_Knight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-03-22 05:07 ]</font>

Mio
Mar 22, 2007, 07:16 AM
Who cares about tattoo

Aremaitch
Mar 22, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-03-22 03:13, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
1) Casts are androids and probably somewhat similar to Cyborgs. So they probably have some organic components inside; that's why poison effect TECHs can affect them.

2)The creature has Cryokenetic (psionic power related to freezing {moisture/gases in the air then sending the large ice chunk at you) Abilities.

3)Your loading/reloading a highly charged photon projectile. (even Photon Torpedoes had to be loaded in the launcher in Star Trek)

4) The Bows probably have motion sensors programed to respond only to the pulling of the bow-string action for it to fire it's shot, it's more natural to do that than just pressing a button on the bow.

Possibly some of the person's own energy & consentration when doing the pulling of the bow-string action helps makes the photonic arrow stronger too.

To the OP quandry.

The tattoes-Blast Badges are advanced Nanotechnology, microscopic machines with
a specialized Nano-Transe(Trance?)ability; those Nano-machines for the "tatto" and attach to the surface of the Beast's skin. The Nano Machines accumilate excess photons expelled during battle that linger in the air and once the "BlastBadge" is fully charged the "Nano Blast" can be used.
The "blast" is the Nano-machines usind a varient of Nano-Trance/Photonic tech to form layers of several photonic plates around the Beast; those form over the Beast and giving them their "virtual" form that surrounds his/her actual body (it's like a photonic Power-Suit/Mech Suit)

The outer appearance of their Nano-blast "form" is similar to a hologram and inconsentual(sp) only the color denoting what type (def, attack,etc).

So why don't Humans or other races use them one may ask?

Probably because the "Blast Badges" are an exclusive technology that Beasts developed early in that big war, and the Blast Badges are most liked "hard-wired" to only fun ction with those that have Beast DNA.

Best answer yet. I'll buy that.

Serephim
Mar 22, 2007, 11:55 AM
A few other questions to ask...

Why do we need staffs and wands to cast magic that we previously could cast with our hands?

If we cant cast magic with our hands anymore, why can we use our weapons to fly on sticks and do raging uppercuts from underground?

I can make my character go from Black to White to Asian to WTF blue?

What happened to Newmans being able to super heal TP...?

In a game with much superoier graphics, WHAT THE FUCK happened to my Water distortion effect?

How does a tattoo determine a Beasts' Beast form?

I can get cut by sabers, fried by dragons, stomped by gundams, and hit by planets, but OMG Megid kills me?

Kaydin
Mar 22, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-03-22 09:55, Serephim wrote:
I can get cut by sabers, fried by dragons, stomped by gundams, and hit by planets, but OMG Megid kills me?

Megid > all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Esufer
Mar 22, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:10, Weakness wrote:
I was thinking about what blast badge I wanted for my big kitty last night when this thought dawned on me...

The Blast Badge is a tattoo right? Well, how do they just change it to a different looking one on the fly?

;;>.> Laser removal takes months on end, and several treatments to take one off... and even then you can usually see a faint shadow of what once was. It isn't like you can just slap on a tattoo in a few minutes, a fairly elaborate one at that, ever stared at a blast badge up close?

<.<; Do they use a henna tattoo or something? And if that was the case, how come you don't need constant touch ups to keep it looking nice?

And finally, where the hell does the tattoo go when you turn into the giant cat? It isn't as if the fur could cover something that big completely!

...I think too much don't I?

Ninjas.

Rashiid
Mar 22, 2007, 01:51 PM
Photon Ink.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-03-22 09:55, Serephim wrote:
A few other questions to ask...

Why do we need staffs and wands to cast magic that we previously could cast with our hands?

If we cant cast magic with our hands anymore, why can we use our weapons to fly on sticks and do raging uppercuts from underground?

I can make my character go from Black to White to Asian to WTF blue?

What happened to Newmans being able to super heal TP...?

In a game with much superoier graphics, WHAT THE FUCK happened to my Water distortion effect?

How does a tattoo determine a Beasts' Beast form?

1) In PSO, in Ragol, people have natural low-grade telekinetic ability, people that become Hunters are implanted with Telekenesis Enchancement Ciruits in their brain. These implants allow Hunters can "download" various telekinetic rotes/i.e. "Techs" that they can then use. Newmans have the highest level of natural telekenetic talent.

However in PSU, which is in another star system and another time period entirely. The races probably have *no* natural low-grade telekenetic talent.

So Nano machines and circuitry are implanted into Guardians brains and wireless link up is used to link up to a Force's Wand, or Rod; which has an Artificial Telekenetic matrix that can have TECHs downloaded into the Wand or Rod.

Only a small few Newmans are born with a *natural* telekenetic ability and can have a specialized chip implanted that Technic Rotes can be downloaded into. So those small few can use Technics without a wand or rod (like Mirei could)

The Artificial Telekinetic Matrix within a Rod or Wand is probably based on the neuro-chemical make-up of Newman (with natural telekinetic ability)brain, and such Wands and Rods wear probably first developed by Newmans and the technology was either given to, or stolen by the major manufactureres on the other planets.

2) Photon Arts are a varient of Technic rotes, but installed into weapons. These are Nano-Trance and Artifical Telekenetic Matrix based.

With the *limited* and individualized manipulation of space-time, and the weapon with a "Photon Art" installed is utilizing unique telekenisis based accelerted movement of a Hunters or Ranger's body.

Thus a Hunter is directed by that localized nexus of telekenesis and a limited dimensional shift based special attack.
Since these are powered by Photonic power cells they are called simply "Photon Arts."

3) Nanomachines programmed to rearrange RNA and DNA to a *limited* degree so any Guardian can select there skin color, tone and other subtle features.

Humans, Newmans and Beast actually cannot have blue skin though since the melanin doesn't allow for actual blue skin unless as an effect of *hypothermia*. Only CASTs can have bluish toned skin since their skin is artificial to begin with.

It's not allowable for Guardians or non-Guardian Humans,Newmans or Beasts to alter skin color again later do to celluar degradation leading to serious health affects. Only Eye and Hair color altering is allowed due to being far less dangerous for nanomachines to alter the molecular structure of those as opposed to skin.

4) Different Star System, different planet, different time period. Natural talents are not always going to be the same. Genetics slighty change over time some things are lost others may be gained. This is PSU not PSO.

5) Gamecube could hypothetically do PSU's graphics engine easily (See Resident Evil 4 and Metriod Prime 2 ) developers could use the unique hardware of the GC to use inserted CGI animation of water.

For some reason, it seems either far more difficult to do the same on the PS2 or that the PS2 may not be capable of using inserted CGI water animations.*shrugs*

6) If you read my post prior to this one....
It explains it right there.

7) Megid is like a nexus of A-photons or neutrinos wrapped in high levels of microwave radiation. This makes the projectile is highly deadly.

Those other things are concentrated photons in other forms (a saber's blade, and that "planet" is a ginat Photonic projectile wrapped in "holographic" image of a planetoid so it's not really an actual planet)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-03-22 12:13 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 22, 2007, 02:08 PM
If I put that tattoo on my caseal will she turn into starscream? o_O

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2007, 02:16 PM
Rune. No it wouldn't the Nano-machines are "hard-wired" to only those with Beast DNA, the "Blast Badges" are thus exclusive to Beasts.

The Nano-machines wouldn't even register the Cast at all. It would be like giving a Spoon to a spider and expecting it to use the spoon to eat.

-Rune-
Mar 22, 2007, 02:21 PM
ah I see... well does it at least glow in the dark? ~_~

ShadowDragon28
Mar 22, 2007, 02:40 PM
No. Casts don't have Beast DNA so Blast Badges are not equipable on Casts. Beasts can't equip Cast armor, they are not andriods... -__-;

B0Bomb
Mar 22, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-03-21 18:24, Kadan wrote:
We can change our hair from super short to super long in 5 seconds.

Theories? You want theories?

<BS>

Well, I personally think that the makeover shop is staffed by creatures that dwell deep in the flaming pits below Dagora City (which is where the flames in those torches come from). They draw the badges by biting the Beast's arm and injecting their venom, which gives the beast their blast powers, but leaves a blue-ish mark. It's very painful, if any other race were to undergo the process they would die from the pain.

</BS>

Sounds a lot like the tattoo jobbers that Anakin Skywalker got on the cat-people planet in the Clone Wars cartoons