PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Can someone explain this?

DragonStorm
Mar 22, 2007, 08:03 AM
I was playing yesterday...im still new to playing online but I noticed that the maps change...now how often are the maps random...are they always random everytime...and what's this rare map...i understand it has rare monsters but someone told me the chances of getting a rare map and it was something like 12 X...i didnt get it so can anyone let me know if there is basically a limit on random maps or if it can be different everytime...and explain this rare map thing. Thanks...soon I wont be such a noob...i just need info to help me out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AC9breaker
Mar 22, 2007, 08:10 AM
You've played PSO. Its just like that, sometimes the map layout is different. Except, for PSU it also has different enemy placements. Generally speaking, there is a limited amount of map types for each type with multiple rare enemy spawning type maps for each stage. But the chance of getting them is not that high. There are still no concrete answer on the appearance rates of rare maps.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 22, 2007, 08:11 AM
Each map of an area has at least three variations.
*Spawn maps C-A.

Among those three variations are at least four types of spawns.
*Maps C1, c2, c3, cX (and so forth)

Among those three spawns is one possible rare spawn.
*Maps Ax, Bx, Cx

You need the Ax(or Bx, Cx) variation of those certain maps to gain the possible rare spawn occurrence.

Please refer to this guide: http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=Rare_Monsters

In PSO, you didn't need a map variation in order to spawn a rare creature.

For PSU, rare creatures only occur when you have the right map layout and creature spawn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-22 06:16 ]</font>

Tiyr
Mar 22, 2007, 08:15 AM
One other note is that, from a prior discussion and personal experience, there are (in some cases, at least) more than one X-configuration per map layout.

But yeah, excluding rares, you generally have three possible map layouts with three possible spawn layouts each, for a total of nine basic map variations. I'm not sure if this is true in all cases, but it seems to generally be the case.