PDA

View Full Version : reaching out to dambarta haters

majan
Mar 22, 2007, 01:06 PM
first and foremost,my other post 'a quick word about forces'...most of you came up with posts about cherry about which I am still falling off my chair laughing about.thank you all for bringing down the chief perpetrator in stupid ass videogaming 'Im better than you' attitude.thank you cherry for making yourself look like a tool box.its always amusing.it was fun while it lasted though I coudlnt post toward the end due to,well,work and school and etc.this one will be slightly less controversial though,well,on the other hand,if it also gets closed,I couldnt care less.mainly,though,most of you came to the piont I tried to put out in the first post of that thread,that a good techer BALANCES and makes an efffort to do both sides of the coin,both offense and support.I was mainly lashing out at the people who were doosh bags about it and wanted to be followed around and buffed and healed every second everywhere they go which is not what a force should do.period.

k so I hear a lot of talk about dambarta and how its a major pain in the ass...

also about how tornado dance(on normal enemies,i.e,the ones they send flying across the room a lot more effectivley than dealing damage)

also about killer shot

I was a whiner about tornado dance when it came out,but now in time,Ive seen its uses,and its quite effective against jarbas and the like.same goes for killer shot,and now I hope to set clear the point that the same applies to dambarta.

I will admit though that dambarta can be EXTREMELY annoying because it makes the entire damn screen turn white,which,I hope sega fixes or changes eventually becasue even on my own screen while casting it it can be quite a pain in my ass.you can never see megid coming,which sucks bigtime in my book.

it is,though,quite as effective or possibly more effective than the other skills/pa's that people were bashing elsewhere.in a mob of 5 badira's,before the pricks can jump at you and start scattering all over the place,its extremely effective to use somethig that deals very substantail damage at a very substantial pace,while having a pretty damn good chance at freezing them all.dambarta is extremely useful and is the bane of mobs and bosses,the same way killer shot has its uses,and tornado dance,too.

I feel for you in that it kinda screws up your view of the action but it does the same to us techers who are using it cus of its really good effects,and it also acts as a kind of shield in front of a techer,as most things get caught in the damage or are frozen before they can hit you,i.e,go vahras,badiras/navals,volfu,ollaka,etc etc etc...

the list of dambarta's uses is quite a long one and I guarantee without it the mission woudl go by quite a bit slower because Im willing to guarantee its teh chief way to deal mass damage to mobs,at least for a fortetecher.it helps to have a support/offensive character capable of doing what dambarta does.

less hatin.itll make the world go round a little smoother for parties who can coexist with the pa's they use and people having slightly less short tempers about WTF STOP SPAMMING DAMBARTA!...it would be like a techer asking you to stop using your most effective weapon.

Angelo
Mar 22, 2007, 01:10 PM
Dambarta is sexy.

I made a newman alt just for the sake of Dambarta.

majan
Mar 22, 2007, 01:13 PM
yeah it is.its hella useful but I can see where it pisses everybody off.Im trying to get people off the hate dambarta bandwagon though because every class has its annoying spell.we all just gota deal with the annoying quirks of it all because in one way or another its probably whats best for the party.

Angelo
Mar 22, 2007, 01:22 PM
Dam- spells are nice in general if you know where to place yourself (which takes a bit of skill). The ONLY downside to Dambarta is it's giant effect (I personally think the giant Iceburgs of Chaos rock), other than that.. the fact it has no enemy cap (can hit as many enemies at once as possible.. I cant think of ANYTHING else in the game that does this besides Dam- technics). Dambarta is doing some nice ticks (DoT) and each time there's a NICE chance of FREEZE.

On a side note:

Coming from someone whos main is a Beast Fortefighter, any Force who wants to go in, tear apart (at close-range), and freeze (turning enemy EVP to literally 0) a group of enemies (without hit-cap restrictions) will be my new best friend, lol.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 22, 2007, 01:26 PM
Dumbarta is ok, but so are Rabarta, Gibarta, and even Barta.

majan
Mar 22, 2007, 01:33 PM
Im a huge fan of rabarta myself.freezing from a distance=money.gibarta,I duno,somethin turnd me off about it.it isn't as effective as the other gi- types because most fire enemies can destroy you if your in a position to use gibarta.rabarta took me forever to level up,and barta is even worse.most people don't want tobe bothered with it.dambarta is way stronger and easier to level up.your right tho if you want to invest the time leveling the shit up.

Rashiid
Mar 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
*wwoohh* you sure can type about forces! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ryna
Mar 22, 2007, 01:36 PM
To the OP:
If you would like to make a personal comment about a user, use the private message system. Continuing a line of conversation from a locked topic is against the forum rules. As such, I am going to lock this thread. If you want to talk about the Barta-line of spells, just stick to talking about Barta.

mariwan
Mar 22, 2007, 01:36 PM
i remember another topic about this...dunno where it went X_X