PDA

View Full Version : Gunners

Mortisx3
Mar 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
I just reached job lvl. 10 with my Fighgunner and am going to switch to Guntecher or Fortegunner and level that up, so my question is whats the best guns to use, any special bullets that are better than others, or just any advice period?

DikkyRay
Mar 22, 2007, 08:38 PM
i prefer Forte. I Love grenade launchers and rifles lol.
IMO I dont think the lvl 10 techs are worth it. And oh god, plz dont let that statement start a flamewar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-03-22 18:39 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Mar 22, 2007, 08:48 PM
Burn/Dark bullets for rifles=essential. SE4 is too good to pass up, considering Rangers are NOT meant to do atp based damage, these should be your most used bullets. Freeze is good to do damage if you have to go that way. Crossbows are worth it too at lv21+.

Midicronica
If you switch to Guntecher, try to get yourself a crossbow. If I had suggest a bullet, I'd say grab Yak Megiga or Yak Banga. Although you almost never use them with a good force in your party, grab yourself a decent wand grinded a few times.

ChocoboChad
If you're going Guntecher, pick up cards for damage and crossbow for mob SE. Grab a bow/rifle to stick a burn or virus on some big dudes. I find dual handguns useless, unless you use the ultimate PA. Mechguns = meh. Don't even think about handguns. I think the laser cannon is very useful with the Ultimate PA. Although I haven't used the shotgun's Ultimate PA, I think they're alright when used correctly. I've not heard any bad about the shotgun's U.P.

Of course, pack a couple wands. Stick Resta and Reverser on one. I personally put a De-buff on the other and put another Resta on just for convenience. You might want some buffs.

Retehi
Mar 22, 2007, 08:50 PM
Too many Guntechers these days. Be one of the proud, the few, the Fortegunners.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miyoko
Mar 22, 2007, 08:56 PM
There is no "best gun" -- every gun is good for it's own situation. I'll give you my personal opinion and run down what I think of specific guns...

Rifles are superior for high level SE blanketing on multiple enemies. They deal pretty good damage, too, but that's not what you should use them specificly for, really. Quite expensive to recharge, however.
EDIT: One thing I forgot to add, and other people should be aware of -- Ice bullets are good for bosses on rifles. I find myself using rifles largely as a "boss killer" type weapon, and having the added damage of being an ice element really helpes with lugnuts like de regan and Onmagoug.

Shotguns are superior damage dealers, but the risk is that you have to get close to use them.

Grenade launchers have unmatched crowd controll, but it's hard to use, and harder to master. Used appropriately, however, it's an incredible weapon, and you can leave your enemies without a chance to ever attack.

Laser Cannons are really situational, but under the right circumstances, they can deal tons of damage for a low PP cost (ie. hitting 5+ enemies with one bullet for rifle damage). The SE isn't great, though.

Dualies are very well balanced -- Good attack, good accuracy, and good mobility. SE2 status, while kind of meh, is still good because you have two shots to apply it instead of just one per each attack.

Handguns... Aren't very good... But maybe there are some nice rare ones?

Mechs are quite fun, honestly. They're something you really have to try on your own. Decent damage due to the rate of fire, though I tend not to have any luck with the SEs. I reccomend 6* Tenora mechs, as they're quite strong (Almost as strong as 8* GRMs), and are -extremely- cheap to recharge (30 meseta for about 500pp).

I can't really speak to cards, but from what I understand, they're like the shotguns for guntechters -- good damage, so-so SEs.

I've only played around with crossbows a little bit, so I can't say much... Below PA Lv11, they're ... Well, pretty aweful. Once you get more bullets though, they're signifficantly better.

Bows, again, I can't really speak for. They do a lot of damage, good accuracy, high SEs... They're like more powerful rifles, only they have two, in my opinion, rather harmful downsides (but so does everything). The first being the rate of fire and the delay between shots -- It might be difficult to aim because of this, and the second being the atrocious PP regen.

Again, this is my personal opinion on stuff... For the gun-techter-ish weapons, you're better off asking one of them, and not me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2007-03-22 18:58 ]</font>

Siertes
Mar 22, 2007, 08:56 PM
On 2007-03-22 18:50, Retehi wrote:

This game seems to be flooded with Foretegunner's these days. Maybe people are just trying the job out, but I've definitely been seeing more hanging around.

pokefiend
Mar 22, 2007, 08:59 PM

0.o awwww... too many guntechers? I think you're alittle mixed up there sweetie.

I love Guntecher. Sure you can't use gernade launchers, but who needs them if you have a thunder cannon w/ Mayalee Prism?

DikkyRay
Mar 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-03-22 18:59, pokefiend wrote:

0.o awwww... too many guntechers? I think you're alittle mixed up there sweetie.

I love Guntecher. Sure you can't use gernade launchers, but who needs them if you have a thunder cannon w/ Mayalee Prism?

You can use S rank Lasers with Forte......
So yea. Gre AND Laser. WinWin

Retehi
Mar 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
On 2007-03-22 18:59, pokefiend wrote:

*Shrug* Not really, at least from my point of view.

pokefiend
Mar 22, 2007, 09:07 PM
... but no kikami's or longbows? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-03-22 19:08 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Mar 22, 2007, 10:03 PM
On 2007-03-22 19:07, pokefiend wrote:
... but no kikami's or longbows? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-03-22 19:08 ]</font>

Cards, i give you that. Those are pretty good.
Bows? Wannabe Rifles.

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 10:08 PM
Too many Guntechers? That's a new one. If that ever happened, it wont last. Too many wont have the patience to find out what they're about, and switch out of the class. Once the dedicated ones are left, we're back to being either 2nd to last place or last place in the popularity meter.

Twin Handguns have a variety of uses, I should know. I could be either the most or among the most dedicated Twin Handgun users in the PSU community. Their purpose is unusual, though. Yes Twin MayaLee is probably the easiest use to understand. The idea is, all regular-sized monsters that don't have special armor up protection or king, are susceptible to SE2. Next to cards, they are the most average damaging weapon in the GT arsenal at mid to long range; but trade the awesome single-monster pain aspect of Cards for it's ability to distribute the pain quickly without waiting for 3 slow moving projectiles to finally hit the thing. Yes, they don't SE big or armored monsters, but for those they do affect, it is the fastest any-range status effect spreader in your arsenal. And last, but not least, they are among the best weapons, in the game, that combine good range and firing speed to draw aggro from monsters all around. (Just make sure your partners are ready to take advantage of them, and don't leave you to get hoarded.) See a friend with a little bit of trouble? You don't have to run to him, just drill em with the Twin Gunnies and that monster doesn't care about your friend anymore. There's a trick to using them, but there are strategies one can build off of it. Still, they land SEs real fast on a whole group, when possible. Land them, forget about them for other group members, and move to the next monster. All the while, you save a ton of PP for those higher SE guns, to use on monsters that really need them.

Sometimes great support isn't just how much Damage you can tack on, or just because you can buff/debuff or heal. Never underestimate monster management, as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-22 20:25 ]</font>

Retehi
Mar 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
I like how you guys are freaking over one observation. . Simply put, I do hang at S2 Labs most of the time for pick up games (I'm on PS2/PC side), and from what I saw, Guntechers outnumbered Fortegunners. Not by a large margin, and nor do they compare to the clusters of Fighgunners littering the area, but that's just what I saw. Crucify me if you want.

Akaimizu
Mar 22, 2007, 10:31 PM
No-one is jumping over you. That's really an interesting current observation by someone. To practiced GTs, that kind of news is always going to be a shock. It's just hard to believe enough players will have the patience to stick with it, and not jump to some other class.