PDA

View Full Version : Beast get pushback on guns?

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 22, 2007, 10:01 PM
I've played as a CAST fortegunner for a while, and I've never seen any of my non-rifle/grenader guns pushback like a Rifle can...

That includes Shigga, Mechguns, and Twin Handgun...

But, as a new Beast Ranger, those 3 guns now push back...

Do Beast have a push back ability with normal guns?

BioWarrior
Mar 22, 2007, 10:06 PM
On C, and sometimes B ya they will push back for all races, haven't noticed it on A, and theres no way it will happen on S

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioWarrior on 2007-03-22 20:06 ]</font>

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 22, 2007, 10:17 PM
Thing is, I've done C-missions... and no push back on my Fortegunner... but they do on my Beast Ranger...

pineapple
Mar 22, 2007, 10:23 PM
My newman will do push back on C and B. Are you sure your cast does not?

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 22, 2007, 10:32 PM
Mabye I haven't noticed....

Criss
Mar 22, 2007, 11:04 PM
All guns make enemies flinch on C rank missions. Only rifle, bow and a few other weapons make enemies flinch on higher rank missions. So if you play mostly on C, you'll see enemies getting pushed back by bullets much more often since flinching makes enemies step back slightly on every shot.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it works, I've been using guns on both a CAST and a Beast. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 22, 2007, 11:14 PM
I think it's actually based on how much damage you do. If the shot is stronger, it'll make the enemy flinch, similar to if you take a lot of damage you fall over, but little damage, you don't move. So it seems the beast would get pushback because they tend to hit stronger.

THE JACKEL

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 22, 2007, 11:32 PM
On 2007-03-22 21:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I think it's actually based on how much damage you do. If the shot is stronger, it'll make the enemy flinch, similar to if you take a lot of damage you fall over, but little damage, you don't move. So it seems the beast would get pushback because they tend to hit stronger.

THE JACKEL

Actually, that can't be true... because at Lv51, i can be hit by a Lv15 KogNadd horn[56 damage on average] and be knocked down, while a Lv50 Bel Pannon can hit me for 158 and I just get a no-twitch hit...

Criss
Mar 22, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-03-22 21:32, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

THE JACKEL

Actually, that can't be true... because at Lv51, i can be hit by a Lv15 KogNadd horn[56 damage on average] and be knocked down, while a Lv50 Bel Pannon can hit me for 158 and I just get a no-twitch hit...

Some attacks have a knockdown attribute (like some melee PAs or grenade-launcher bullets), but I think attacks also have flinching properties while others simply won't affect monster movement. In the bullets' case, I think Grenade Launchers have knockdown, rifles/longbows/laser-cannons have flinching, and other ranged weapons don't affect movement. I say the enemies' flinching animation also pushes them back a bit, which gives that push-back effect on a monster when constantly firing on it with, say, a rifle. (Or any weapon on C rank missions since monsters flinch from any attack on that difficulty.)

Shade-
Mar 23, 2007, 09:08 AM
I've yet to have my grenade launcher knockdown any large size enemies on S2 missions. I am sad.

_Deliverance_
Mar 23, 2007, 10:38 AM
Man...i _wish_ this were true. Sadly, I don't think so.

Calo
Mar 23, 2007, 11:02 AM
Heh, my mechgun knocks down the smaller things on C runs. Great rapid fire fun blowing them all away. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alpha-Hunter
Mar 23, 2007, 11:07 AM
cross bows have a stagger effect as well on C - A. Can't remeber about S rank.

Angelo
Mar 23, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-03-22 21:32, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

THE JACKEL

It's a damned KOG NADD!

Have you seen the size of those muthas!

Of course some enemy attacks inherently have more pushback/knockdown/flinch than others. :]

chibiLegolas
Mar 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
Please take a look at this guide about flinching:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=129804&forum=22&3