PDA

View Full Version : How is tornado break?

Zorafim
Mar 22, 2007, 11:06 PM
I figured I may give it some thought, though I profoundly remember it sucking majorly. Assuming that I have a palette of mainly DoT weapon PAs, would Tornado break be a good asset, or should I just stick with Dus Robado, which even looks better?

Weeaboolits
Mar 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
I haven't really used Dus Robado, but I find Tornado Break to be very useful.

Amalga
Mar 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
I haven't leveled my Tornado Break up high enough, so I can't speak for it damage wise.

It's good when you're surrounded by enemies and need an out, I guess, seeing as it temporarily knocks them down. But it's very slow on execution. If it's not going to annoy your party (if you're not soloing), you're better off using another knockback PA to get out.

Otherwise I, myself, haven't found it useful anywhere else. But that's just me. I've only really spammed it on Pannons and Polties.

Kaydin
Mar 22, 2007, 11:13 PM
I first read that as "How is Tornado Dance?" I was seriously about to choke you.

Tornado Dance isn't that great under 21. I've never used it after 21, but I've seen other people use it. The last combo does multiple spins, not just the single spin of the first two. So in all you get about 4/5 spins.

Zorafim
Mar 22, 2007, 11:14 PM
I myself am in love with Dus Robado, which seems to be similar to Tornado Break. I purposely get between a large group of small enemies with this PA and spam it until they all die, healing when necessary. Due to a high damage output, large amounts of stuns, and knockbacks, I'm normally very successful at soloing a large group like this.
Would I be able to do this with Tornado Break, or would I just get owned?

imfanboy
Mar 22, 2007, 11:18 PM
Mmm.

Tornado break has a far superior framerate to Dus Robado, as well as a slightly wider range. It gets to third comb and the knockback a lot faster than does Dus Robado.

Dus Robado can do more damage, simply because it has 5 hits to Tornado Break's 3.

I use Tornado Break more, simply because Dus Daggas is still a good PA for a spear, and I like the speed of Tornado Break. It's easy to just spam the first two parts of the combo if you don't need to knock the enemies away, or finish it off if you're fighting something particularly dangerous.

Alisha
Mar 22, 2007, 11:35 PM
doesnt Tornado Break have a stupidly high attack% after they adjusted PA's? like im talking in the 180% range at level 30

<---loves swords.