PDA

View Full Version : Carriguine Rucar out?

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 23, 2007, 05:10 PM
I recently saw that this weapon was not released on the HIVE S activation on a different thread...

And I also know that the recent Illegit Item Sweep 'update' occured which should have erased Carriguine, if the past thread was correct.

And now I see that my friend now has one, and HIVE S2 is not out yet... so, is the Carriguine Rucar legit?

Reginaldo
Mar 23, 2007, 05:11 PM
Sega isn't perfect. They didn't catch every weapon.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-03-23 15:11, Reginaldo wrote:
Sega isn't perfect. They didn't catch every weapon.

So it's illegit?

Sychosis
Mar 23, 2007, 05:19 PM
Might be, might not be. There is no proof one way or the other. Ask your friend where he got it. If it came "from a friend" there's a pretty good chance it's a fake.

Reginaldo
Mar 23, 2007, 05:23 PM
When I put some thought into it back when this weapon was first seen on the servers, I came to the conclusion that this weapon probably isn't out. However this is due to the fact that not a single person has posted a screen of "So and so received [B] Carriguine-Rucar". Even to this day a screen hasn't been posted so I'll just stick with saying it's not a legit item at this time.

Freshellent
Mar 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
I'm convinced that the weapon is not out. Prolly won't be out till S2. Or something like an act of god. I had one,little that I know it was haxed. So I ditched it. I will say it's an awful nice wep. Eitherway,don't accept it from anyone like I did. <.<;;

Rashiid
Mar 23, 2007, 07:01 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=25089

now....its 360....be aware of that...

so...we can all bow our heads down in shame.

ill start.

*bows head down in shame*

Syl
Mar 23, 2007, 07:03 PM
Wow, all those ppl who dumped their Rucars are going to be pissed XD (we know they were duped, but like most ppl thought they were unreleased =/)

Kaydin
Mar 23, 2007, 07:03 PM
Pfft. He's starting rumors. "My buddy told me to post." XD

Rashiid
Mar 23, 2007, 07:06 PM
well, if its true. who knoes.

im still a 'see to believe' type, but as for now, i still am not too sure.

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2007, 07:14 PM
Wow. Not even a character name.

Total crock.

ZodiacNKnight
Mar 23, 2007, 08:08 PM
Not legit until officially proven.
Anyone can say/type anything.

Golto
Mar 23, 2007, 08:13 PM
Wow someone got a 1/500000 to drop?

jayster
Mar 23, 2007, 08:26 PM
S Hive anyone?

Soukosa
Mar 23, 2007, 08:47 PM
It's been found by JP players from lv 80 Carriguines... We've had that for how long now? Just because most of the population are complete failures that only play Bruce, Eastern Peril, and Labs and thus don't hunt Carrigunes doesn't mean it doesn't drop.

jayster
Mar 23, 2007, 08:58 PM
Ill look for it if he has pictures or I search a shop and see it for an absurd amount

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2007, 08:59 PM
Just because we have the enemy doesn't mean we have the drop either. Half the game is still locked. So there's a 50/50 chance it's legit/unlegit.

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-03-23 18:47, Sounomi wrote:
It's been found by JP players from lv 80 Carriguines... We've had that for how long now? Just because most of the population are complete failures that only play Bruce, Eastern Peril, and Labs and thus don't hunt Carrigunes doesn't mean it doesn't drop.

Und wo ist die proof?

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 23, 2007, 09:00 PM
On 2007-03-23 18:59, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Just because we have the enemy doesn't mean we have the drop either. Half the game is still locked. So there's a 50/50 chance it's legit/unlegit.

I'll remind you, the only thing different about missions on both US and Japanese servers is the language.

Edit: And like always, its easier to blame ST for a non existant problem than to admit the players are wrong http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BoxerMcBoxe on 2007-03-23 19:02 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 23, 2007, 09:01 PM
Really? Then why did juan say it was unreleased http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

jayster
Mar 23, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-03-23 19:00, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:

On 2007-03-23 18:59, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

I'll remind you, the only thing different about missions on both US and Japanese servers is the language.

Edit: And like always, its easier to blame ST for a non existant problem than to admit the players are wrong http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BoxerMcBoxe on 2007-03-23 19:02 ]</font>

And the players..

lol I dunno, I could have easily made a thread the same as his with just as much proof as he's offering now...

PJ
Mar 23, 2007, 09:22 PM
I think we ALL could have.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 23, 2007, 09:42 PM
>.>

Hmm... so, it's still unconfirmed 100% for us US-ers...

u.u now I feel bad for yelling at my friend...

UnderscoreX
Mar 23, 2007, 09:57 PM
I have pics of a friend WITH a rucar, and he says he traded some Japanese player for it, a ME/Quick if i recall. He said he was accused of it being hacked, so he checked with the official site and he has the all clear, whatever that means.

Light
http://i10.tinypic.com/2sadket.jpg

Fire
http://i7.tinypic.com/47kdwxz.jpg

Named blurred incase he's wrong, I don't wanna be the reason he's banned lol.

Jinto117
Mar 23, 2007, 10:00 PM
It looks photo shopped.

Weakness
Mar 23, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-03-23 20:00, Jinto117 wrote:
It looks photo shopped.

;;>.> If you mean to blur the name, of course it was.

If you mean to add the weapon, that is some damned good photo job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif If it is indeed in fact chop shopped, PM with what program you used and how you did it. I would love to know how you did it so well.

UnderscoreX
Mar 23, 2007, 10:06 PM
You look photo shopped, why in the blue hell would I lie about him owning one ?

NinjaSalad
Mar 23, 2007, 10:17 PM
Or two.

Unless my eyes are broken.

Schubalts
Mar 23, 2007, 10:36 PM
Off-topic: That Crime Mob guy is a complete freakazoid.

On-topic: Juan appears to a big fat liar! Or somebody is, eh.

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2007, 11:01 PM
Because owning TWO of these impossible-to-attain rares (according to PS2/PC players who use rarity as a defense) isn't suspicious at all.

Schubalts
Mar 23, 2007, 11:22 PM
That's why I added that somebody part, there. Doesn't matter to me, either way.

McLaughlin
Mar 23, 2007, 11:27 PM
I don't doubt he has 2. I doubt the legitimacy of them, and with good reason according to PC/PS2 players.

Also, how'd he trade a JP player when it looks like your on the NA server (unless your on the 360, in which case those a DAMN good quality screenshots).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-23 22:06 ]</font>

Jinto117
Mar 24, 2007, 02:16 AM
On 2007-03-23 20:06, UnderscoreX wrote:

You must be some rogue hacker then.

Reginaldo
Mar 24, 2007, 02:22 AM
On 2007-03-23 20:36, Schubalts wrote:
Off-topic: That Crime Mob guy is a complete freakazoid.

On-topic: Juan appears to a big fat liar! Or somebody is, eh.

Heh, that guy is my twin, we have the exact same skin color, height, proportion and clothing, I met him when he was like level 50 and I was in shock. XD

R2D6battlebot
Mar 24, 2007, 04:34 AM
People dont even realize how rare these items actually are. I mean how completely out of it do you have to be to think that even when there are NO reports of this item being found legitimately, someone happens to have one AND theyll trade it to you for almost nothing? My god, the idiocy of some people is completely astounding. Seriously, Im completely dumbfounded.

Krisan
Mar 24, 2007, 04:43 AM
Well just because it has obviously been hacked and mass circulated through said means, doesn't mean there AREN'T legitimate means of getting it.. I mean, it is VERY odd that Sega didn't get rid of them in the sweep, and no, I'm not really willing to believe that was a mistake.. Because that's a pretty big fucking mistake, and there was nothing to stop them from hotfixing it later..

There is just no freaking reason for Sega not to hotfix it if they didn't have it in the loot table somewhere already.. Rare, yes.. Likelyhood of getting on legitly through trading? Almost zero.. But that doesn't change the fact that it might, and probably does drop. Just on a hell of a low scale. (PSO had some really freaking low drop rates people.. PSU hasn't had much along those lines yet.. I'd expect a weapon like this to be pretty hard to come by..)

R2D6battlebot
Mar 24, 2007, 04:48 AM
There are 30k+ registered accounts on PS2/PC server, and many more than that on 360, and yet NOBODY has reported any findings of this item with any kind of proof. Get it through your heads people, this item is very painfully obviously not released.

Krisan
Mar 24, 2007, 05:00 AM
30k people aren't likely playing this game still. Registered yea, but not playing, thousands upon thousands probably quit in the first month or two. (And we never see.. what, more than a few thousand on at peak hours anyway?) And how the hell do you define a report, exactly? A frigging screenshot of it when it dropped? I don't think you can expect that in every instance of a rare dropping, nor can you expect everyone in the community to visit this site and "report it."

Like I said above, yes, it is has obviously been hacked, and if I see one.. I am not thinking it is legit, or even considering it to be. But that doesn't change the fact that A) Sega didn't get rid of it, nor fix that mistake if it were indeed a mistake, and B) there were some pretty abysmal droprates present in PSO 150000 or something for some of those rares, depending on the section ID? I mean shit, you don't consider the possibility that it drops legitly, at ALL? I'm not even saying it HAS dropped for anyone, if you didn't notice, just that it is possible it CAN drop. Far as I am concerned, all Rucar's I see are hacked in spite of that bit of knowledge.. Just unlike you, I'm not totally closed minded on the subject, nor am I willing to swallow in one gulp that Sega is too dumb to hotfix the issue if they made a mistake.

Neith
Mar 24, 2007, 09:55 AM
30k people.

Go look at PSO drops, some were as bad as 1/300,000 (even worse on DC PSO). With 30,000 people, even all hunting a Rucar, it could be extremely rare.

Obviously, people with multiple ones (or the infamous 20% Light ones) are probably not legit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'm surprised this debate's still going, it's turning into the Parasitic Gene:Flow of PSU.

Golto
Mar 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-03-24 07:55, UrikoBB3 wrote:
30k people.

Go look at PSO drops, some were as bad as 1/300,000 (even worse on DC PSO). With 30,000 people, even all hunting a Rucar, it could be extremely rare.

Obviously, people with multiple ones (or the infamous 20% Light ones) are probably not legit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'm surprised this debate's still going, it's turning into the Parasitic Gene:Flow of PSU.

I have to agree with you there about the rarity of some drops. Example: On the Japanese ps2/pc verison they just recently discovered that the 10* axe board drops from Seed Awakening S boss box. They'd had this mission for over 3 months and yet have only recently got this to drop.

LocGaw
Mar 24, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-03-24 07:55, UrikoBB3 wrote:
30k people.

lol.

KamiSori
Mar 26, 2007, 09:58 PM
did anyone notice the 2nd pic on page 2? look at how homeboy is holding that thing. definetly photoshopped.

Umberger
Mar 26, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-03-26 19:58, KamiSori wrote:
did anyone notice the 2nd pic on page 2? look at how homeboy is holding that thing. definetly photoshopped.

He's holding it in his right hand, which isn't visible in the screenshot...I think you're looking at his left hand and assuming it is holding the weapon.

NPCMook
Mar 26, 2007, 10:12 PM
I personally emailed ST about the Rucar, linked them to a topic of discussion, and the answer I received was "We can not give out that kind of information" Which leads me to believe the picture of the email from "Juan" may have been from a spoofed Address. Either way it goes on the Japanese Wiki site it lists the Board dropping from 80+, so it could quite possibly be out. As someone stated everyone is busy running all the Missions with high pay outs, no one wants to look for a Rucar, but want to yell about it not being a released item. Hopefully a mod will lock this before it gets even worse...

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
I'll make a deal with you people. If someone is willing to get me a halp serafi(which is my current hunt), I will solely do the Hive mission to try and find this item, and will take a picture if found!

THE JACKEL

KamiSori
Mar 26, 2007, 10:33 PM
lol im a dumbass.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-03-26 20:33, KamiSori wrote:
lol im a dumbass.

Arn't we all...

NPCMook
Mar 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
On 2007-03-23 19:57, UnderscoreX wrote:
I have pics of a friend WITH a rucar, and he says he traded some Japanese player for it, a ME/Quick if i recall. He said he was accused of it being hacked, so he checked with the official site and he has the all clear, whatever that means.Are you on the JP PSU servers?

Alpha-Hunter
Mar 27, 2007, 11:02 AM
i played with a guy who had an electric one just last night. I called him on it and he said it was legit, and he got it as a trade. i find it hard to believe that there are people willing to trade for this extrmemely rare weapon. you could sell it and afford any other rare availible, that's how rare it is. if it's even out. i call hacks!!! but i could be wrong of course. i've only seen the one, so it doesn't seem to be such a problem. i hope it was legit as the guy seemed pretty cool.

Tiyr
Mar 27, 2007, 11:36 AM
It's likely there are hacked ones out there--just like there are hacked Crea Doubles and Halarods.

But it's out in JP, and drops off an 80+ Carriguine. They don't have Hive S2 any more than we do. Since we've got the same maps, it seems likely that it's just an astronomically low drop rate.

Which means if you see one, it's probably hacked, regardless of whether or not it's possible to get it. But I'd put money that it's there.