PDA

View Full Version : Just made a force and i got some questions

TouchOfRed
Mar 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
OK before you flame NOOB alert

ok i just made a force and i got some noob questions
1.) difference between mst and tp
2.) if i have a rod and only put lets say ground spells on it to get the color orange does that increase the damage at all or have any other effect then changing the color?
3.)How important is armor with force's(still rocking megaline on my 48 guntecher)
4.)what ultimate PA's are good(what about megid)
5.)what is the fastest way to lvl spells
6.)how pissed do people get if you don't have buffs

Kaydin
Mar 23, 2007, 11:49 PM
1) TP = Magic Strength, MST = Magic Defence
2) Increases damage that spells of that element do.
3) You have low HP and low DEF. Very important if you want to stay alive.
4) Megid levels very slowly, and costs a whopping 50 PP. The insta-kill chance isn't that great. Nosdiga and Megiverse are good, and I've heard good things about Nosmegid and Noszonde. Giresta is... bleh. (Though I'm still getting it.)
5) Spam them like crazy.
6) Depends on the people. Random idiots = Usually kinda. Your friends = Shouldn't be. Just ignore the idiots.

Omega_Weltall
Mar 24, 2007, 12:52 AM
Another thing. dont let ANYone tell you how to play. Some think that Forces and Fortechers are their ONLY for healing and buffs. Although we should heal and buff there's one thing about just healing and buffing... WE DONT GET XP FORM JUST HEALING AND BUFFING! If you wanna nuke? keep on nukeing. if they need a heal or buff reapplication then do so and get back to nukeing. And if someone bitches cause you have elemental rod's or a non white wand then screw them. Also some will complain that they'er not buffed when some others are. "Well if you didnt just charge into battle while I was casting buffs on everyone then you just might have the 4 up arrows by your name." Me, I dont chase them down if i miss them, not anymore. Its a quick way to get killed if they'er in the thick of a fight. You concentrate on buffing him and then BAM, a Megid ball to the back from a Jarba. Man I can go on and on about how Hunters and Rangers tell us Forces how to play but i'm not. So bottom line: Play how YOU want to.

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 05:59 AM
And don't forget: Neumanns are naturally more intelligent than the rest. So just treat all others with contempt and you'll do just fine. Someone wants healed and you don't like their pants? Let 'em die. Someone thinks you're diga is too small compared to theirs? Boot 'em and then laugh hideously about it and say "Anyone else have a problem with my tiny and unsatisfying diga balls?" to keep order in your ranks, because after all, even if you're not team leader - a force is a natural leader in any team. Sometimes, you must remove the other forces on the team as potential rivals. Remember, it was common practice for sons to murder fathers for their position or rank. And if you're team is dying from a huge boss, remind them that you're busy levelling a spell and you don't care if the element doesn't matchm there are priorities god damn it! And always curse and spew obscenities when playing with others as a sign of your educational status and upbringing : make your parents proud of you! Try these easy steps and you'll be playing Solo mission exclusively in no team. OR you just might fit in with the majority of people who play online. I can't quite decide which.

Remedy
Mar 24, 2007, 06:04 AM
1.) difference between mst and tp TP is Technic Power, or magical offense. MST is Mental Strength, or magical defense.
2.) if i have a rod and only put lets say ground spells on it to get the color orange does that increase the damage at all or have any other effect then changing the color? Only against Lightning enemies, but yes. It increases by 4% per spell after the first, for a maximum of 12% extra damage versus the opposing element.
3.)How important is armor with force's(still rocking megaline on my 48 guntecher) The DFP is pointless. The EVP is priceless. The elemental percentages are even more important.
4.)what ultimate PA's are good(what about megid) If what I see other Fortechers using is any indication, Nosudiga is the second coming of Christ.
5.)what is the fastest way to lvl spells Linear Line S/SS with a 1* Wand, Photon Charges, and a Har/Quick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
6.)how pissed do people get if you don't have buffs I'm a Fortecher, and even I give other Fortechers without level 21+ buffs grief. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 06:13 AM
I love it when other forces get angry that my buffs weren't finely honed to perfection while standing next to a PP Cube for hours on end! They usually overwrite my measly buffs, even though they had no intention of buffing the group. They only did it out of shame that a lower level buff was used. Then I just overwrite their more powerful buffs, etc. It's great fun!

Remedy
Mar 24, 2007, 06:14 AM
Actually, no, I buff my parties religiously every five minutes, assuming a skirmish isn't going on at the time. Hence why I get pissed if people overwrite my buffs, because I stop the group and re-apply them.

But whatever, assume all you want, it's all good. *shrug*

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 06:20 AM
This is why dominance must be established! Rogue forces ruining everybody's lives and hurting feelings! In a GAME!

Remedy
Mar 24, 2007, 06:22 AM
I'm half-drunk and you're too stupid to deal with.

Good day.

Nai_Calus
Mar 24, 2007, 07:03 AM
Are people just not aware that, just like back in PSO, you get a friggin' tag out of *de*buffs? XP

...Or that even if you think debuffs are useless, you can deal damage AND support? *cries into armful of rods*

Then again I'm probably the only person who has Resta on every one of my weapons except one, and that's the one with the buffs that doesn't normally get used in battle anyway. ~_~;

Zelendria_Ru
Mar 24, 2007, 09:42 AM
73/10 Newman fT...Nosdiga does ~1900 damage non-critical. That's three heat seeking shots that fire in a V pattern. The tech can hit targets behind you, and will even track flying or underground mobs. My all time damage record for the tech is 2600+ damage...that's two critical shots for 1k each plus a normal hit...obviously you COULD get as high as 3900 on a lightning mob with 3x critical hit. Level 21+ Nosdiga is a absolute must, get it FIRST!

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 09:45 AM
I know debuffs tag. I hardly ever use them. But then again, I don't complain about not tagging. Sometimes the safety of the group (whether using resta or whatever) outweighs my personal need for exp. After all, the game's not entirely about gaining exp, in fact it should be a small part of it. I agree, Ian, there's many ways to play as a force. But I'm not from Texas, and I'm not drunk or Mr. H.H. so therefore I must be stupid.

Remedy
Mar 24, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-03-24 05:03, Ian-KunX wrote:
Then again I'm probably the only person who has Resta on every one of my weapons except one, and that's the one with the buffs that doesn't normally get used in battle anyway. ~_~;No, you're not. My rods all look like:

Resta/<technic>/Reverser/<technic>

with the exception of my buff rod (all four buffs) and my debuff rod (3 debuffs + Giresta).

Angelo
Mar 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
1) Tom-AY-toes, Tom-AH-toes!
2) The color change is for people who are dumb and can't read fast enough to see what spells are on wands!
3) The best armor for a Force is called a Fortefighter
4) Grants
5) Ask them nicely
6) I hope you can run real fast and real far

-Knows nothing about Forces-

(On a serious note: #6, if you don't want to get yelled at for not buffing just make sure to always party with another FO who IS to avoid nubs flaming you)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-03-24 09:40 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-03-24 09:40, Angelo wrote:
3) The best armor for a Force is called a Fortefighter

I whole-heartedly agree with that.

Omega_Weltall
Mar 24, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-03-24 07:45, Mattardo wrote:
Sometimes the safety of the group (whether using resta or whatever) outweighs my personal need for exp. After all, the game's not entirely about gaining exp, in fact it should be a small part of it.

Sorry if I'm being selfish here. If I turn in to a buff/heal machine, I'm gonna stay lv 46 the rest of my time playing PSU. Or I'm gonna lv very slowly if i tag with a debuff, cause you only get 75% of the xp if you tag and dont kill. While everyone else is lv 60+ and doing harder S and S2 missions, I'm gonna stay lv 46 or maybe 50 and doing all A ranks and few S. Sorry, I have to lv like everyone else. Dont get me wrong, I WILL heal and buff when nesissary, especially in tough fights, and especialy if I'm the only tech user there.

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
I don't advocate being just a heal machine. I'm just advocating team work without the need to be totally selfish. There's plenty of us forces who can heal, attack and support during a fight. Then there's some who are only good at strutting their shit.