PDA

View Full Version : Fortetecher gone Wartecher

MayLee
Mar 24, 2007, 03:21 AM
That's right, I just got sooo tired of being a Fortetecher, the horribly horrible HP, the bad defenses,the deiying, people talk about how bad of a player you are, waiting to use some cards and A rank armor was getting impaitent. So, I decided to go for something new, but I still wanted to be part force, and wanted to use my Kikamis, It was either Guntecher or Wartecher, I decided to go for wartecher because I was into daggers more than guns so I happily skipped to the GAURDIAN'S Colony to change my class. Once I did I looked down at my status, over 800 HP, holy crap, that's better than 400! ATA Is near the 100s and so is the ATP! I go and get me some Melee weapons and PAs so I can do my thing and what the CRAP! I'm only doing 70-150 on these monsters using my melee weapons!! What does a woman have to give to have good defence AND damage?! Wa it a big mistake? HELP A SISTA OUT! >_<

EDIT: Oh, I failed to mention.."OMG! NO RODS? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif"

Seriously,I love rods! I have only 5 wands, 2 being a B rank, 2 a C and one A...I know they cast fast but..low PP...And, only 2 slots for Techs..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-03-24 01:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-03-24 01:37 ]</font>

mll
Mar 24, 2007, 03:43 AM
you don't really get as big numbers as a hunter but you get 70-150 a lot more often.
But yeah hybrid classes don't do as much damage as forte classes.
If you want good defence and damage go fortefighter. (shrug)

Hopefully the rod thing will be sorted out with Mahdoogs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mll on 2007-03-24 01:46 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Mar 24, 2007, 04:09 AM
My main on PS2 started out as WT and personally i liked it a lot better than FT. You cant expect to be able to hit like a Fortefighter of course, but you can resta/reverser/buff/debuff so it WELL makes up for that. Another good thing about it is that they have amazing defensive power, 2nd best(?) dfp in the game and i think the same for mst, so they can definately take a beating, then just resta the damage away. The only real downside is the lower damage, but with levels and better weapons that becomes insignificant as well.

PekingDuck13
Mar 24, 2007, 05:43 AM
What race and lv is your WT? And what weapons were you using when you got 70-150 damage?

Miyoko
Mar 24, 2007, 07:16 AM
Wartechters are the "paladins" of PSU -- They deal really pathetic damage, they can heal quite well, and good-god can they ever take one-hell-of-a-beating.

You may not be the best damage dealer out there, but -nobody- else can take as much of a beating from techs as you can.

hainsaw3
Mar 24, 2007, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the wartecher side!

PJ
Mar 24, 2007, 07:46 AM
On 2007-03-24 01:21, MayLee wrote:
EDIT: Oh, I failed to mention.."OMG! NO RODS? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif"

The single reason why my main character isn't going Wartecher.

Casting with wands, blah.

Tahldon
Mar 24, 2007, 07:59 AM
Maylee... you have betrayed me..

Wartecher.. *scoff*

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 24, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-03-24 05:46, PJ wrote:

On 2007-03-24 01:21, MayLee wrote:

The single reason why my main character isn't going Wartecher.

Casting with wands, blah.

Especially if you're a dude, you're stuck with the A rank wands which have that star thingie. Just looks, odd on a male.

PJ
Mar 24, 2007, 08:36 AM
Well, when I go Guntecher (After Fortetecher 10), I'm gonna use grinded 6* Tenora wands. Those LOOK cool. (But when I tried grinding them, most of the time they broke at the SECOND grind, god XD)

I don't even like Rangering. And I love Huntering, so you'd think Wartecher would be the obvious solution, if I hate wands either way, but naah, Guntecher gets Shotgun and Lasers.

EDIT: Also, I'm gonna be the worst Ranger ever. Fire bullets only XD (I'll state again, only playing with my friends, so I don't care to be SEing the crap out of everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-03-24 06:37 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 24, 2007, 09:01 AM
I did the same w/ my female newman ranger who was once a guntecher. I made her use mostly fire bullets, but it had more to do with her hair color and the color of her clothes, which were red.

_Deliverance_
Mar 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
I tried WT out. It was fun for a bit, but when I remenice about playing Deliverance, it's always about fT.
I suppose if I ever cap out on Nookie, I might play Deli again. But I don't see me capping...ever...

Kaydin
Mar 24, 2007, 10:45 AM
Wartechers suffer from low ATP. Being a Newman makes it worse.

I usually play Fortetecher, but sometimes go Wartecher for the fun of it. As a level 64/2 Wartecher, I would do under 30 damage to enemies in Desert Goliath S. I love playing Wartecher because its the closest you can get to the old FOmar, but that kind of ATP is just horrid. x_x

If I switched right now, level 66, Wartecher (2), I would have only 350 ATP.

My suggestion is to get your Wartecher level up! It will increase your ATP much faster than your character level will.

Allison_W
Mar 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-03-24 01:21, MayLee wrote: I go and get me some Melee weapons and PAs so I can do my thing and what the CRAP! I'm only doing 70-150 on these monsters using my melee weapons!! What does a woman have to give to have good defence AND damage?! Wa it a big mistake? HELP A SISTA OUT! >_<

I suggest grinding, at least up to like the fourth or fifth grind. While I usually use Yohmei weapons on my beast Hunter, if you're having a real shit of a time doing damage in melee, you may want to try Tenora or GRM weapons--basically, whatever brand makes the highest-ATP weapon of the type and approximate power level you're looking to use. Don't forget armour with an Arm slot and a good +ATP unit (or, if you have trouble hitting, a +ATA unit).

Also, although you probably already know this... Shifta, Shifta, Shifta.

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 11:05 AM
When I hit level 35, Olgohmons took half my HP with Barta (I was a Newman Wartecher, level 3), and as a fT, they take about 1/8 of my HP now. (Considering I only have 575 HP, roughly)

If you can't do damage, be a fT and be careful. I've only died ONCE as a fT, and that was due to talking. (I died about seven times as a WT)

You have to be careful as a low-level fT, but once you get to a high enough level, you should be fine. (I plan to go back at level 45 to WT, but if I still don't do adequate enough damage, I'll extend it by 5 and continue until I'm satisfied with my damage output)

Really, the HP/def is nice, but the bad ATP/TP sucks. Do S runs, and you should level up easy.

initial_J
Mar 24, 2007, 12:03 PM
I bet you wish you kept some of those weapons I gave you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Like some others have said wartecher ATP is pretty horrible, especially at your level. Because of this single handed daggers and sabers are your friend because they have high atp with low requirements. Get a dagger or saber for every element.

Use the opposite element bullet on your kikami to soften up the enemy before you get into melee range. The 1st dagger PA is good against single enemies and groups. It even has knockback so you can hit em with the kikami some more after that, or smack em with a quick foie for style points. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

The self buffs are a must. For wands grind the crozier. Good tp/pp and if it breaks they're semi easily replaceable since you can make them with par ash.

They wartecher isn't a damage powerhouse but they're pretty tough to kill. You can melee and heal yourself, plus you have a high block rate and good hp.

If I knew you were gonna go wartecher I would've just given you all my stuff. But now ya gotta work for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BahnKnakyu
Mar 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-03-24 05:16, Miyoko wrote:
Wartechters are the "paladins" of PSU -- They deal really pathetic damage, they can heal quite well, and good-god can they ever take one-hell-of-a-beating.

You may not be the best damage dealer out there, but -nobody- else can take as much of a beating from techs as you can.

QFT. They essentially have a longer lasting lifebar because of their ability to heal themselves (sans mates) after getting hit. They also are the second most sturdiest class of all the classes in the game. I find it harder to die as a WT than it is as a FF, if that says anything. You don't even need pimped out armor or be a Beast to be able to take such a beating.

But yeah, you lose a lot for that versatility and sturdiness. You do crap damage (about half as much as a fF), you do less damage with techs, and you have to deal with PSU's crappy weapon palette system (left handed wands NOW plz). But you are still an awesome support character. You can run in and heal everyone and not worry about getting beaten down.

Starlet
Mar 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
When I use WT (60/8), though several spells are maxed, I use Melee weapons primarily--with party or even solo S missions (good armors help infintely). It's pretty fun than casting spells http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I use lots of high % of weapons, or it's not worth it--spells are better & more hassel free.

Daggers are nice, but claws are my fav, esp the single (2nd ult single PA is fun). Still 2 lvs away from using those darn Vhara claws (ATP will suck for a looong while. From my memory, it seems that my FT at lv40ish has more ATP than the WT at that lv,hehe) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Why not stick with WT? If properly raised, they are fun & versatile. I like my FT too, but I tend to use mostly the same few spells with her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Starlet on 2007-03-24 10:29 ]</font>

Dragwind
Mar 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
at lvl 75 and WT 10, my base atp is 563. Couple that with 11+ buffs and debuffs, get a nice % spear (I do some insane damage for WT with my spears and dus daggas =Pw) or daggers (with the ult pa and percents, you'll be knocking up foo's and doing decent damage all day) and you have a pretty decent fighter. On the tech side, of course support, Gi and Dam techs are your friend =D

Kupi
Mar 24, 2007, 03:05 PM
I've only seen one person say something along these lines so far, so allow me to reiterate the point:

If you're using Striking weapons at all, you must synthesize weapons with a decent elemental percentage (30 or more, I'd say) in order to do respectable damage. Greens aren't middle-of-the-road, no strengths/no weaknesses weapons. Greens are trainer weapons you use until you get something worth having.

ThEoRy
Mar 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
at higher lvls u would've had a lot more hp. I know its not the most but around 1400 hp isn't so bad. Am I the only fortetecher who seldom dies? I keep hearing about forces dying frequently but it doesn't seem 2 affect me. I rarely use a scape doll other than the occasional 1 hitter quitter megid ball. anyways, happy warteching. If maybe someday you'd like to come back to ForteTecher, you would always be welcome.

omegapirate2k
Mar 24, 2007, 05:42 PM
Heres the deal maylee, level up enough and I'll help you level wartecher in labs S2 ^_^

Wartechers are GREAT, especially if your a human/newman, because you can make full use of the crea weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Level it up, I'm sure you'll like it eventually.

Sharkyland
Mar 24, 2007, 06:21 PM
I should show you the comparison stats between my newman wartecher vs my beast fortetecher... they are almost similar in a way. x.x

But to reminsense with old PSO, wartechers are HUnewearls to me. Though how you play your wartecher is totally up to you. If you want to do some serious damage, made a beast wartecher. If you want to be okay with magic, newman. And if you want to be in between, be a human wartecher.

I'm still kinda waiting to use some 7* wpns for my wartecher newman. She's more acts like a 'support' char. If ppl are too far from fortetecher, wartecher can move to that area. If the fortetecher is in trouble, then wartecher can help as well.

If there is no fortetecher around, ppl will think 'you're similar to a force' so join our party.

---

As stated before about your fortetecher statement, it's difficult with the hp as well as the crowd around you. People see you as 'buff me' and 'heal me' please. I've been quite surprised that as a beast fortetecher, I have been gettting many compliments that I just support the team rather than attack with my spells.

Though if you want to do tag while supporting, bring up your debuff spells. That should help a lot though you may not be getting the kill, you still get experience.

As for bosses, just hit them once and run around searching for ppl to heal and buff. I can't do extraordinary dmg, but I do my best on what I have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-03-24 16:24 ]</font>

Lman90245
Mar 25, 2007, 12:51 AM
I for one never get sick of the damage FT's deal, I can't really say i've had trouble with mine... Except the Vahra's in that S2 mission they hurt real bad!

SiGeL
Mar 25, 2007, 07:16 AM
On 2007-03-24 16:21, Sharkyland wrote:
I should show you the comparison stats between my newman wartecher vs my beast fortetecher... they are almost similar in a way. x.x

But to reminsense with old PSO, wartechers are
HUnewearls to me. Though how you play your wartecher is totally up to you. If you want to do some serious damage, made a beast wartecher. If you want to be okay with magic, newman. And if you want to be in between, be a human wartecher.

I'm still kinda waiting to use some 7* wpns for my wartecher newman. She's more acts like a 'support' char. If ppl are too far from fortetecher, wartecher can move to that area. If the fortetecher is in trouble, then wartecher can help as well.

If there is no fortetecher around, ppl will think 'you're similar to a force' so join our party.

---

As stated before about your fortetecher statement, it's difficult with the hp as well as the crowd around you. People see you as 'buff me' and 'heal me' please. I've been quite surprised that as a beast fortetecher, I have been gettting many compliments that I just support the team rather than attack with my spells.

Though if you want to do tag while supporting, bring up your debuff spells. That should help a lot though you may not be getting the kill, you still get experience.

As for bosses, just hit them once and run around searching for ppl to heal and buff. I can't do extraordinary dmg, but I do my best on what I have.

I'm using my first post here to 100 percent confirm that Sharkyland is a hero.

My hero.

Totally selfless and looking to do what's best for the team. I was/am still relatively new to the game, so seeing someone play this way was pretty shocking for me.

To be on-topic, I enjoy the versatility that the Wartecher class has to offer. As said above, you aren't gonna be hitting anything like the Forte classes, but you can gel into almost any role so easily based on the party, mission, situation, etc. I'm sticking with it for the long haul to see how crazy it gets with time. Just remember that the ATP will make baby Jesus cry for quite a while.

*Edit 2*
Just to reiterate some stuff said above...
Arm slots are your friend. Mega and Stella Power S especially.

Sabers (Seva Falsans are relatively cheap and you can wreak some havoc with an elemental one w/Gravity Strike. Just keep the Photon charges stocked if you only have one) and daggers should definitely be in the mix due to the low ATP requirement. I love bows for a ranged damage spell alternative, not so much the SEs. Cards are your friend as well, the strafe and basically aim anywhere close hit are great. I use spears since I'm dumb, but WT is a 'jack-of-all-trades, master of none' class. You should really just mess around and see what you like and what works best when. I'm just tossing out some suggestions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SiGeL on 2007-03-25 05:36 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 25, 2007, 07:43 AM
On 2007-03-24 13:05, Kupi wrote:
I've only seen one person say something along these lines so far, so allow me to reiterate the point:

If you're using Striking weapons at all, you must synthesize weapons with a decent elemental percentage (30 or more, I'd say) in order to do respectable damage. Greens aren't middle-of-the-road, no strengths/no weaknesses weapons. Greens are trainer weapons you use until you get something worth having.

Well, a fully grinded 3* tenora spear isn't so bad either. I pop out like 142 w/o shifta for each normal attacks on monsters that aren't resistant to melee. But yeah, my 30% twin daggers are also awesome, and if I can fully grind them to 10, even better, although I'm afraid to take that risk.

MayLee
Mar 26, 2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys, I was thinking of Going back to Fortetecher later on. Maybe when I'm like level 60 or something.

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 10:33 AM
No just buy a rapier and you'll be fine, spamming rising strike is how you get shit done.

MayLee
Mar 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
Do they have PAs for one handed sabers otherthan Rising Strike?

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-03-26 08:36, MayLee wrote:
Do they have PAs for one handed sabers otherthan Rising Strike?

Well theres the one I use, gravity strike, but it's not as useful as rising strike for the first 11 levels.

UnderscoreX
Mar 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
That's like asking if there's anything other than Tornado Dance for double sabers, which there isn't.

Allison_W
Mar 26, 2007, 11:27 AM
I've only used Gravity Strike in Extra Mode thus far, but there, it was lolwtfbbqraepraepraepkillkill. Good damage, lots of hits, caught multiple enemies in a good attack spread, though the first part of the PA doesn't launch like Rising Strike does.

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 11:31 AM
Gravity strike is indeed fantastic, it's just that maylee would be better off with rising strike because of the launching effect right off the bat.

She's not particularly... death resistant at this point in her life as a wartecher, just being able to damage enemies won't be enough unless she wants to spend her time levelling it in crappy missions (which I totally wouldn't mind helping her do because I have to level my damn yoyo daggers) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MayLee
Mar 27, 2007, 10:43 AM
There you go using me for PA leveling again..What am I to you...Your...Your little helper for leveling..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

You're sick! SICK I TELL YOU

XD

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-03-27 08:43, MayLee wrote:
What am I to you...Your...Your little helper for leveling..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

That's a... crude way of putting it, I suppose.

But yeah, that's pretty much what we have going here.

It's a win win situation you see, you get to level your resta and reverser, and I get to level my skills!

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2007, 10:53 AM
That'll work. I have no need to level Resta or Reverser, due to them being maxed for my class; but I can use a little in my Crossbows and Rifle bullets. (I'm currently working on finishing up my 2 Final Twin Handgun bullets. Boy does it feel like such an achievement to practically master every single Twin Handgun bullet available.)

MayLee
Mar 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
wow, and handguns take a lot of time to level up than Bows.

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 11:30 AM
Tell me about it, quite an accomplishment indeed! The highest I have a bullet is my ice shot on my twin handguns, and thats only level 18 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

_DooM_
Mar 27, 2007, 12:23 PM
Wartecher rules!
*Their great EVA its very useful
*The HP its even better than a figgunner at the lvl 10
*The spells are lvl 20 (maybe not great but if your weapons doesnt do great damage to the enemies, you can use diga or another kind of tech)
*The lvl 20 skill PA also is not the best, but if you know which PAs work better whit lvl 20 they can be very useful

Also if the party doesnt have a healer, you always can support your party whit your buffs and resta or maybe whit another techs

Wands sucks because the low PP bar?, then get some cometaras(or higher * wand) or if you want alot of PP bar, get a cometarac.

Too many people hate the stats of the wartecher, but if you know how to use them, you can discover how much great is this class.

*Excuse my bad english

Deathgeist
Mar 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
I'm definitely gonna agree that they are like the paladins of PSU. Now let's just wait to see if they get a shield hearth come some form of pvp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
Heck. If they become true paladins, maybe they can get those abilities from Diablo 2. Stuff like Auras. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Of course, if they get Auras, I would instantly look for Wartechers to group with. And not because I'm even picky in the least, at this point (other than I prefer to balance things out), but Auras ruled. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-27 10:42 ]</font>

Deathgeist
Mar 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
haha yeah aura's did rule. Pop on a conc aura in PSU and your damage dealers would be shredding enemies to pieces. Ahh diablo 2, fundly enough I just renewed my characters yesterday, I can never sit and let them expire.

Anyway back on topic, I was thinking about making a wartecher but the lvl 20 skills thing really gets to me. Does this end up bothering any of you wartechers out there or do you get used to it pretty easily?

Sharkyland
Mar 27, 2007, 12:53 PM
Another suggestion:

Go wartecher, level up the spells you want for fortetecher to 20. When you hit 55+ and can do those s2 missions, switch back to fortetecher bring a lot of scapes, and get 's' runs on them to raise that fortetecher rank up. And since you're spells are at 20, just a little bit more of a push and bam, they're at 21.

---

I always seem to have a habit of seeing people's technics when they are a fortetecher. Their choices are odd, but what I find odd sometimes is... when they don't have certain spells like 'reverser' or their buffs and debuffs are like in the single digits when every attack spell is in the double digits.

Also if you are teamed up with a fortetecher split the spells (one does jellen, one does zalure).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-03-27 10:56 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Mar 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
So in a lot of ways, Wartechers really ARE a lot like HUnewearls were, huh?

I remember so many people dissin' HUne's low (for a HU) ATP and ATA, people saying their high EVA was mostly useless and that their tech's (capped at 20) were only so-so. But... I always LOVED my HUney and in a pinch could heal, buff, melee, whatever! Sounds like in good hands Wartechers are very similar.

I think I have a goal now!

Gojin
Mar 28, 2007, 09:10 AM
way to go MayLee, you figured out somthing all on your own that people have only been saying since last year *claps* good job! Wartecher > Foretecher.

MayLee
Mar 28, 2007, 10:18 AM
You know Gojin, no one likes a smart ass.

Anyways, I think it was best for me so I can level up easier, and when I hit 60 like Sharky said I'm going back to Fortetecher. I like beaing a true force.

doubleEXP
Mar 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
Since this topic has a pulse, and it concerns stuff that is on my mind, I hope its okay if I ask a question here (of you experienced 'techers').

Do you all try to equally level up as many technics are possible?

Or, do you focus on a few key technics and mostly work on those?

I'm playing my first FO (a newearl, future wartecher/fortetecher). You start with Foie, of course. Over the first few hours of playing her I've gotten her up to level 5 and her Foie up to level 5. Should I start buying other technics now, like at least one other, and work on that at the same time as Foie?

I mean, I know eventually I'll want to have tons of technics leveled up, but you can't do everything all at once. So, I guess I'm wondering if I should just focus on Foie for a while or work on one or more other technics at the same time?

MayLee
Mar 28, 2007, 10:29 AM
I used to work on my fire techs more than the other elemented techs but I realized that it's important to level up all your techs. I will promise you that Your ground or fire techs may level quicker than the others. That's what I realized. but I think you should level them all up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

amtalx
Mar 28, 2007, 10:30 AM
Foie is always going to be one of your damage dealers so I would stick with it. You'll also want to level up Diga. Personally I work on one spell at a time on my own. I rarely if ever bring an unleveled spell out when I'm in a party unless were just screwing around.

CyarVictor
Mar 28, 2007, 10:37 AM
Same here. I'll level certain spells one or two at a time. Diga and Foie are you big damage dealers. Foie is also useful in burning enemies if you don't have a trap/se user like fG's or there's an enemy like the Gol DOva who's immune to virus. I usually level up spells in places with large mobs but on lower ranks when I'm alone.

Mystil
Mar 28, 2007, 11:32 AM
Being a force is so messed up compared to PSO. I gave it up for most of the same reasons.

amtalx
Mar 28, 2007, 11:37 AM
I actually prefer forces in PSU to PSO. Granted they are both fun to play, but in PSO nuke spells did garbage for damage once you reached ultimate. Even on S2, forces can still cut quite a path of destruction.

AweOfShe
Mar 28, 2007, 11:55 AM
Some tips from my PoV (you don't have to follw them, this is just how I play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif):

-Seeing as how your PAs cap at 20, I'd say it's a good idea to get ones that have crowd control on the first/second attack. (All single handed melee PAs, Rising Strike, Ult Dagger PA, etc etc)

-Despite it capping at level 10, Kikamis are very helpful IMO. Particularly the ones that do extra damage with SE. They have level 2 SE, so sticking Burn/Virus/Confuse on the smaller enemies won't be a problem. It'll do some extra damage above the piddling regular damage you do. XD

-For buffs/debuffs, you can use two slots. Shifta/Zodial, and Zalure/Zodeel would probably be most hepful, IMO. A boost in power, accuracy, and evasion are the most useful for WT. Defense would be good, but that leads to my next point. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Tenora Armor is very helpful for even with it's low DFP stat. The evasion is pretty high on those things, and if you have one with high element %, then the DFP stat won't matter. Plus there's also that unit that raises the element %. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Attack technics are more of something you can pull out when you fight things like Mizura, or the bots. Though, sometimes having Gi-techs ready can be very helpful, even for enemies that aren't them.

I think that's all I have to contribute. >.>

SolomonGrundy
Mar 28, 2007, 12:22 PM
For those of you talking about Wartecher lack of melee damage...they have higher ATP than protransers, and can use 2 S rank weapons (one of which is actually usefull for a newman).

Grap a 6* GRM spear, grind it to +4. if it breaks grab another one. At +4 it has 500 ATP. That should fill the gap for you. For units, grab a mega / power. With shifta, and zalure, you should be fine.

Newman wartechers are the RAmarls of PSU. low ATP but horrifying anyway. I had a HUnewearl in PSO with a mind build (sacked luck, and some evade), She could rafoie her way through ultimate mines, just like i plan to gidiga, and dambarta my way through Parum.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

doubleEXP
Mar 28, 2007, 12:32 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback MayLee, amtalx, CyarVictor, and AweOfShe.

Very cool of you'all.

Tita
Mar 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
at WT 7 my diga is hitting 1k crits 500+ normal attacks.... this pleases me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
can't wait to max out!

i can finally use a card now (kikamic), which i pair with a healing wand or a debuff wand.
i use my weapons mainly for staggering enemies to protect the nuking FOs and battling HUs.

WT=support so the pure classes can deal out more damage non-stop and solo when you feel like it.

if only we had axes though... i miss my axes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif