PDA

View Full Version : Our Communit(ies) Fail

PJ
Mar 24, 2007, 10:40 AM
No, this is not a shot at ANY community in particular, but all of them.

This is mostly brought on by the continuous brought up item; Carriguine Rucar. This is NOT to discuss if it is legit on the NA servers or not (Although I believe they are, that's not the point)

Our communities fail (Both the PC/PS2 AND 360 AND Japanese servers) because all "We" as a whole seem to care about is, "Progress," (As Inazume put it). More meseta, more EXP, more MP etc etc.

Someone recently posted in the topic that the 10* Axe Board (The one I <3) was only RECENTLY discovered to drop from SEED Awakening S. Oh wait a minute... we have that mission to, say whaaat? And as they mentioned, the mission has been out for 3 MONTHS. The level cap was raised, and 2/3 days later it was reached.

It's disappointing because, there are probably a few SRanks out that we don't know about, but we'll never find them because, "We're," all dumbasses and never variate from the same stupid stages that we do over and over that'll give is the most reward.

People complaining that there's not enough to hunt? From the sounds of it now, it's starting to sound like reeeeal bullshit.

EDIT: I dunno if this is a rant, or a, "Call to actually hunt shit." Mods can/will move as they please anyhoo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

jayster
Mar 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
i agree. I love hunting rares but no one ever wants to do it.

Sekani
Mar 24, 2007, 10:44 AM
Can I get an "Amen"?

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 10:48 AM
Amen http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But it's going to have rumours about every good 10* item that isn't out yet, to build the suspense. When Clumsy hits the main site to dispel them, we can go back to hating...is it Fortetechers now? I've lost track of the hyprocrisy, soz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 10:50 AM
YEs, this game should be about the gaming fun. Not about exp, money, etc. I agree. Help bring fun back to PSU: refuse to carry scapes EVER and teach people there is more to life than S rank. Do it. Seriously, though folks, grinding is a waste.

Pengfishh
Mar 24, 2007, 10:57 AM
But what can we do?

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
I could never find a good party to do De Ragan S runs with because the rewards there suck and nobody wants to do those. But now that De Ragan S2 is the place to be and pretty much killed the lab, I think I might do those, although I may have to do those with random people who may not want to let me have the Solid / Power S which I so badly want.

jayster
Mar 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-03-24 08:57, Pengfishh wrote:
But what can we do?

do other missions...?

Yianna
Mar 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
If it could be helpfull, here's a list of some weapon that I didn't found on pso-world, but that I found in game :

SWORD
- Ice Sword : Lum (Kubara, 10*)
- Ice Sword : Pi (Kubara, 10*)
- Ice Sword : Mil (Kubara, 10*)
- Huge Cuttec (Kubara, 10*)

KNUCKLES
- Piercing Fists (Kubara, 10*)

SPEARS
- 1 handed spear (Kubara, 8*)
- 1 handed spear S (Kubara, 10*)
- Mugunruguk (Kubara, 10*)
- Muktengekic (Kubara, 11*)

DOUBLE BLADE
- Sweetdeathic (Kubara, 10*)
- Double Agitoc (Kubara, 11*)

AXE
Ank Bico (Kubara, ???*)
Ank Deddac (Kubara, 10*)
Ank Zagzac (Kubara, 11*)
Ank Butic (Kubara, 12*)

TWIN SABERS
- Twin Frying Pans (Kubara, 3*)
- Twin Flower bouquets (Kubara, 3*)
- Grand Crossic (Kubara, 11*)

TWIN CLAWS
- Bear Claws (Kubara, ???*)
- Cat Claws (Kubara, ???*, made from "Meow Mustach")
- Snow Claws (Kubara, ???*)
- Fuka-Misakic (Kubara, 10*)
- Yamata-Misakic (Kubara, 11*)
- Shide-Misakic (Kubara, 12*)

I have loads of other weapons that isn't on pso-world, but I prefer keep it for my own web site http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just one thing : every 10*, 11* and 12* weapon have a Kubara equivalent.

Good Luck!

Kaydin
Mar 24, 2007, 11:05 AM
I hate doing runs just for the rewards. If I'm not actively hunting something, I'm bored outta my freaking mind.

If anyone ever wants help hunting something, lemme know.

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-03-24 09:04, Yianna wrote:
If it could be helpfull, here's a list of some weapon that I didn't found on pso-world, but that I found in game :

SWORD

KNUCKLES

SPEARS

DOUBLE BLADE

AXE
Ank Bico (Kubara, ???*)
Ank Deddac (Kubara, 10*)
Ank Zagzac (Kubara, 11*)
Ank Butic (Kubara, 12*)

TWIN SABERS

TWIN CLAWS

I have loads of other weapons that isn't on pso-world, but I prefer keep it for my own web site http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Good Luck!

Sorry if I seem kind of...harsh by saying this, but unless I see pics, you'll be one of the people who's ruining the community with rumours (not that I'm completely putting this off as a lie, I just need pics for hard evidence)

Itsuki
Mar 24, 2007, 11:08 AM
Our communities fail (Both the PC/PS2 AND 360 AND Japanese servers) because all "We" as a whole seem to care about is, "Progress," (As Inazume put it). More meseta, more EXP, more MP etc etc.
I find it ironic, because inazuma's idea of progress isn't really progress at all. When it comes down to it, he, and people that play like him, play a lot. But when it comes down to it, what have they accomplished? Nothing really, because they're still the same level (max), still killing at the SAME area they have been for months, etc.

Maridia
Mar 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
I'd love to hunt rares if people could freaking confirm they're out, and the ones that ARE confirmed actually perked my interest. *rolls eyes*

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 11:11 AM
Nobody needs to show pics to anybody because not everybody has the machines or anal nature to do it. Just because there's not a glorious picture, doesn't mean it's not true. You claim to have 4 seperate characters in your tag. I don't believe you because there are no pics and you are ruining the community. Jesus Christ. If you want pictures, either buy that person a pc version of the game or a camera to take snapshots from the console. If you can't do that, then stop making that person feel like shit.

PJ
Mar 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
Just a point, I think Yianma's actually talking about weapons on the game disc, and not actually finding them... (You know the SRank Catalog? The stuff that's not there. Hence, why it's mostly Kubara stuff)

jayster
Mar 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-03-24 09:07, DonRoyale wrote:

On 2007-03-24 09:04, Yianna wrote:

SWORD

KNUCKLES

SPEARS

DOUBLE BLADE

AXE
Ank Bico (Kubara, ???*)
Ank Deddac (Kubara, 10*)
Ank Zagzac (Kubara, 11*)
Ank Butic (Kubara, 12*)

TWIN SABERS

TWIN CLAWS

Good Luck!

Sorry if I seem kind of...harsh by saying this, but unless I see pics, you'll be one of the people who's ruining the community with rumours (not that I'm completely putting this off as a lie, I just need pics for hard evidence)

well he does have some pictures on his website but no clue if they're legit or not. Im guessing you play on japanese server?

http://psoworm.free.fr/armesu.htm

Tahldon
Mar 24, 2007, 11:20 AM
Heh.

I actually have to agree here.

Shinou
Mar 24, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-03-24 09:05, Kadan wrote:
I hate doing runs just for the rewards. If I'm not actively hunting something, I'm bored outta my freaking mind.

If anyone ever wants help hunting something, lemme know.

Lets hunt that Serafi Daggers =]

Siertes
Mar 24, 2007, 11:48 AM
Wow, I don't think I have ever agreed with anyone more since I've been here.

Omega_Weltall
Mar 24, 2007, 11:52 AM
I my self am guilty of the "Grind Grind Grind" attitude... I guess its cause of FF11 infected me with that , since the fun stuff you cant do till your lv 65+ and my lowly black mage is only 36 (at the time of writing this). And in PSO all the fun stuff came when you hit lv 80+. I'm just trying to get to the fun part

Neoptolemus
Mar 24, 2007, 11:57 AM
My God! This is exactly what I have wanted to say for the past few weeks, but was afraid of the backlash I may receive for suggesting that people actually *gasp* stop grinding Sea Labs S2. I've been trying to get a hunting party together to do Seed Awakened S to hunt for the Blackbull for a while now, but, no, everyone is trying to max out every little thing by doing the same mission over and over and over and over.

Granted that everyone's idea of fun isn't the same; some people may find it fun be the first to max everything out, but those people are usually the first to complain about the lack of content. There is soooo much to do in this game, that it isn't really funny. We constantly hear people complain about the longer wait between updates that has been the norm lately. What's the difference in a 1 week wait or a 3 week wait, if all you are going to do is the same mission for the next 3 weeks anyways? And we hear, "OMG, we don't have _______ yet on our servers!" - usually refering to a piece of clothing... Think of all of the stuff we do have! Do you really need to look just like your favorite anime character? Is it really so important that you have to threaten to quit everytime we get an update and you don't get what you want?

Then I hear (not as much now as I did in the past) "But we pay $10 per month... we should be getting more for it." How much content constitutes enough? There is always going to be a wanting for MORE, but why does it have to be NOW. $10 per month (or more for our foreign friends) is pretty minimal. In a day where it costs $12 to see a 2 hour movie, the 200 hours or more that people have logged into their game are well worth the $10 per month. And if $10 per month is really breaking the bank for you, then maybe you shouldn't be playing an online game on your fancy new XBOX 360.

Let's get back to the fun of the game. Let's utilize the Player Matchup page on this site, and request to form a hunting party. And let's make it a conscious effort to check the page before we log online to see if there may be someone wanting to do a mission that you may want to do, but can never find enough people to do.

I guess that is the end of my rant... for now.

Kimil
Mar 24, 2007, 11:58 AM
Been hunting the angel daggers all day -_-

Sychosis
Mar 24, 2007, 11:58 AM
I love hate raining on everyone's parade but...

People are doing what they want to do. There is nothing wrong with that. It may not be what you would like to do, but that doesn't mean it "fails."

Mewnie
Mar 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
Oh god, I'm sorry I'm not interested in chasing after an item with a 1% drop rate. Have better things to do, like having fun, or stapling my tongue to my table. I fail and will be shunned forever and ever.

/wrist

I did the camp/farm shit back in Everquest (36 hours camping one spawn for a quest drop), so excuse me if I can't be arsed to care about it here.

Neoptolemus
Mar 24, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-03-24 09:58, Sychosis wrote:

People are doing what they want to do. There is nothing wrong with that. It may not be what you would like to do, but that doesn't mean it "fails."

I acknowledge that people are doing what they want to and enjoy doing. These are the same people that rant about being bored. Well, duh! It is boring when you have everything maxed out and nothing to work for in the next few months before they raise the level cap, but don't go whining about how there is nothing to do.

Mewnie
Mar 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-03-24 10:03, Neoptolemus wrote:
I acknowledge that people are doing what they want to and enjoy doing. These are the same people that rant about being bored. Well, duh! It is boring when you have everything maxed out and nothing to work for in the next few months before they raise the level cap, but don't go whining about how there is nothing to do.

All the OP is suggesting is replacing one kind of grind with another.

It's a different sock, but it still smells like poop.

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 12:12 PM
I think wombat copulation should be introduced into the game. NO not you copulating with wombats, you filthy little sicko. But breeding them, and then having Wombat Fights where they wear spurs and kill each other. OR as an alternative, you could agree to help 2 low level characters out , entice them to a secret level and then have them fight to the death with each other against their will. Of course, this would be a form of PVP, but I like the idea. Of course, the loser would have their character wiped clean. Sega could do this. Sega SHOULD do this.

Guarionex
Mar 24, 2007, 01:04 PM
Unfortunately, people are like sheep. They go where the rest of the flock goes. (Wich right now seems to be Raffon Lake Shore in Uni2 at the moment)
I'll admit that I seem to fall in that category. lately, I've had this crave to just play and hunt for things, but I have noone to do it so... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 24, 2007, 01:07 PM

Thats fine and dandy, but its when people flat out bitch about lack of content that its annoying.

Its ok to do something, but to be totally vocal about it in a negative light that also makes you a hypocrite is another thing.

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
People eat blood pudding. People are stupid. - some random Bill Murray quote.

PMB960
Mar 24, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-03-24 11:04, Guarionex wrote:
Unfortunately, people are like sheep. They go where the rest of the flock goes. (Wich right now seems to be Raffon Lake Shore in Uni2 at the moment)
I'll admit that I seem to fall in that category. lately, I've had this crave to just play and hunt for things, but I have noone to do it so... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Honestly though its not like there aren't things to hunt in Raffon Lake Shore. I myself am looking for a Phantom for my alt. In the Lab I was looking for the [B] Katsuno-zashi. Any time people move to a different area I try to find a certain item to hunt for.

Baku
Mar 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
I to have realised this, this is why I stay AWAY from uni 2 (or at least try my best too).Also I try my best not to cap leveling should be a fun thing with friends. Believe me when I say I have plenty of other thing to do, like teaming with a pychotic girl hunting a black bull at HIVE S and grinna maddness 0.o; and also helping my friend hunt a har/quick. Believe me I got PLENTY to do before any update >.>.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2007, 02:36 PM
On 2007-03-24 08:40, PJ wrote:
Someone recently posted in the topic that the 10* Axe Board (The one I <3) was only RECENTLY discovered to drop from SEED Awakening S.

Wait, what's this about the 10* axe being out?

Clone365
Mar 24, 2007, 03:03 PM
CRAB BATTLE!!!

Itsuki
Mar 24, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-03-24 12:36, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-03-24 08:40, PJ wrote:
Someone recently posted in the topic that the 10* Axe Board (The one I <3) was only RECENTLY discovered to drop from SEED Awakening S.

Wait, what's this about the 10* axe being out?

I don't think that its so much "recently discovered" as theres been multiple pictures now, and people finally agree that it does exist.

necman
Mar 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
Lets laugh at all the things you can do in psu. I'm not capped out. I get bitched at alot for my low gear and pa's. Still don't even have one ultimate pa. The game is rather boring most times still. I log on and if certain friends are not on I idle for half hour and give up if they don't log on by then. I don't care about finding items. I would prefer to travel around and do different things then worry about the ultimate weapon. My pa's are close to each other sort of in levels cause of my constant rotation. On a side note all my friends who have left or thinking of it were mostly mid level characters or 40ish for those who want to know. The enemies have little veriation But enough to make the difference. and the stages are too short and the mission point system has to go. The only way to get the best weapons is mission points and how you going to get em. That's right. So that is a big reason why people are getting bored. Experience points gained needs to be lowered a bit as well. You level way to fast and a lot of pa's too slow. If I played a lot more I would probably hate it by now. This is getting way to long so that's it for now.

PJ
Mar 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
On 2007-03-24 09:57, Neoptolemus wrote:
My God! This is exactly what I have wanted to say for the past few weeks, but was afraid of the backlash I may receive for suggesting that people actually *gasp* stop grinding Sea Labs S2.

I was actually surprised at how many people agreed with what I said... I honestly thought it'd be taken way worse.

pikachief
Mar 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
so your telling me who has all lvl 10's of the classes he wants, lvl 80, and i dont want anymore money cuz i got all teh stuff i wanna buy, so NOT search for rares and to get EXP MP and meseta!?

im hunting for rare weapons cuz i got nothing else to do!

ShadowDragon28
Mar 24, 2007, 04:29 PM
I totally agree with the OP.

If anybody that gets a 3 star luck day and could help with numerous Rainbow Beast B or A runs to help hunt for [B] Ryo crenata please PM me. I really would like to find that board...

Neith
Mar 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
I'd run the hell out of Seed Awakened S, but it's a massive money sink for me. I think a lot of people's idea of playing is 'This gives more MP/EXP/Meseta, so why bother doing something with a lower reward?'

It was kinda similar in PSO- loads of people spammed TTF, and in Blue Burst, loads of people spammed PoD. People will always be drawn to the missions that reap the most reward.

It's sad, because Seed Awakened S is awesome.

Edit: And yeah, 10* Axe definately is obtainable, I remember seeing the pictures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-03-24 14:53 ]</font>

Inazuma
Mar 24, 2007, 05:02 PM
the reason everyone does the same few missions all the time is b/c of the mission balance. if we had tons of missions that all gave roughly the same rewards, you would see the players more evenly spread out. but when you have 1 or 2 missions that make everything else seem like a waste of time, you cant help but expect the players to stick to those few missions.

even tho im one of the players who just constantly does the current best missions, id like to take a break sometimes and do some agata relics, denesu relics, hakura temple, etc. those stages are a lot of fun but they are doomed to be wastelands b/c ST doesnt make em rewarding enough. hell, its hard enough to make any money at all w/ a lot of these missions. pp bills and/or die once or twice and you end up losing money.

RadiantLegend
Mar 24, 2007, 05:03 PM
Not sure but i might have that board.

anyways is this axe board really true?

If so, you'll only see me in Hive from now on.

Lman90245
Mar 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
I for one am doing neudaiz missions, not for rewards, but because I want a F#@!% Halarod... I'm capped and I have enough cash. I want my S ranks!

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 05:17 PM
More time to get cool stuff, more money for Sega. They learned alot from the previous version of this game. Now they are squeezing....

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2007, 05:56 PM
So, there is indeed an axe obtainable that doesn't look like junk and has higher stats than the axe I have now...
Do we know what drops it in the Hive? Does it drop from random things, can it be found from boxes? Does it drop from the boss box?

Gib.

Itsuki
Mar 24, 2007, 06:11 PM
JP pictures (posted for the I don't know how many-th time):
the board dropping from Fakis (as in the boss boxes) -> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/psu2691.jpg

The axe and the stats -> http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/Akukame/psu2667.jpg

omegapirate2k
Mar 24, 2007, 06:13 PM
I AM a dumbass, born and raised. I'm rather proud of it.

RadiantLegend
Mar 24, 2007, 06:14 PM
Im guessing it only comes with dark element?

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
Since we're going off-topic, I'll bring it back.

I've been grinding like hell these past few weeks. It has cost me roughly...2 million meseta.

And has gotten me nowhere except EXP. I have barely any worthwhile items (I DID get a Kikamic for 500k today, which was nice), and my highest level character is a newman, and ST hates newmans.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2007, 06:18 PM
Okay, so I just have to find random S rank missions to find it...

Hey Ein, 'wanna do Hive? >.>

ShinMaruku
Mar 24, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-03-24 11:07, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:

Thats fine and dandy, but its when people flat out bitch about lack of content that its annoying.

Its ok to do something, but to be totally vocal about it in a negative light that also makes you a hypocrite is another thing.

People are stupid and should not be paid any mind too but rahter let them go on and become exploited.

Itsuki
Mar 24, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-03-24 16:14, Ragolismine wrote:
Im guessing it only comes with dark element?

Probably. Most of the S-ranks are single elemental.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 24, 2007, 06:37 PM
That axe looks frakkin' awesome. I wouldn't mind finding one..someday. lol

DurakkenX
Mar 24, 2007, 08:17 PM
i agree with both points above...

let people do what they want... it's their choice to be dumb

on the other side though... The game needs to be completed... but even if it is people will still complain.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2007, 09:33 PM
Oh, I really hope it's not dark element only. I really want to see it in light.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
*sings a Rolling Stones song* "..you can't always get what you want, oh ya' can't always get whatcha' want..." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2007, 09:41 PM
I can with MAD HAXORZ!

LAMB1
Mar 24, 2007, 10:17 PM
yeah man, if ppl werent worried about "maxing" every class itd be all good, but yo, i dont think things will change cuz everyone wanst to be that player thats at lvl 80 with ablackheart, and a sori/unit, and a hpc, and a solipower and 19 crea dubbles, and 12 1/2 haloroda, and have like 6 rucars(even tho they swear it isnt legit) things wont change just do ur own thing, and have fun

Alisha
Mar 24, 2007, 10:24 PM
lol. you dont enjoy what i do so you fail? is that it. its not like things were any better on pso where seabed and the ruins were the most played stages. nobody played forest at level 190 outside maybee heatsword because its a tiered system.

SStrikerR
Mar 24, 2007, 10:26 PM
i, for one, dont care what everyone else is doing, i play with my own STYLE. If everyone is at hive, im at ragan, if everyone is at ragan, im at hive.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 24, 2007, 11:34 PM
On 2007-03-24 20:24, Alisha wrote:
lol. you dont enjoy what i do so you fail? is that it. its not like things were any better on pso where seabed and the ruins were the most played stages. nobody played forest at level 190 outside maybee heatsword because its a tiered system.

You totally missed the point.

In fact, a lot of people did, but I'm far too tired to bother explaining what PJ meant.

Tiyr
Mar 24, 2007, 11:48 PM
PJ's got a point. Tons of people grind whatever's most time efficient and profitable, then complain about lack of content. There's likely a ton of crap out there no one's seen because they're worried more about meseta / MP than they are about enjoyment. The thing is--and this is the case with SO MANY online RPGs--people don't enjoy the game at all anymore, they only enjoy the rewards.

And to the person who mentioned camping in EQ--I completely understand, I devoted two and a half years to that game and as much to WoW, but I think what PJ is suggesting is NOT that people grind every mission for rares, but that we ought to do various missions that we enjoy rather than worry about the rewards, and that we may be surprised by drops we don't even know exist, something that seems to be corroborated by recent finds.

Frankly, I'm with PJ on this. People grind and grind and grind the same spots and burn themselves out, and message boards are testament to the fallout. This game's fun--unlike EQ and its ilk. Play it to have fun, and stop worrying so much about your e-peen--I mean DPS, sorry--and play the missions that're interesting and enjoyable to you. The rewards will come in turn.

Yuicihi
Mar 24, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-03-24 08:44, Sekani wrote:
Can I get an "Amen"?

Would a "Hooah!" suffice?

PJ
Mar 25, 2007, 10:17 AM
Tiyr totally got the point of the thread.

Mewnie
Mar 25, 2007, 12:10 PM
I don't understand the point.

Either it's "U GRIND 4 TEH MPS N MESETAS N U LOOSE" or "U GRIND 4 TEH RARES N WIN"

You want those rare boards? Make friends that are willing to do places like Hive OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Otherwise, what Tiyr says is: 'Who gives a shit, play how you like' Chances are good you will NEVER see a rare drop that way. PSU is, at it's core, a Japanese/Asian MMO, and them azns sure love them grinds.

So I ask this: Why do you give a shit what others are doing with their own time?

Yianna
Mar 25, 2007, 02:22 PM
No I play offline, and (please do not fire me) it's hacked weapon, and I can just have name and maker.

I can't play online, so I tell you that this weapon exist, and I hope that you'll find it by a legit way!

Kent
Mar 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
Our community fails, because people want to progress their characters...

...Instead of wanting to progress your rare weapons cache/database.

Tiyr
Mar 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-03-25 10:10, Mewnie wrote:

Otherwise, what Tiyr says is: 'Who gives a shit, play how you like' Chances are good you will NEVER see a rare drop that way.

This is how my two friends and I play--and the main reason I don't end up grouping with other people usually--and while we may not have the best gear to show for it, we still see a decent rare drops. Dagger board on demons above, weld line board from ragnus, etc, etc.

But more to the point, does it matter how much you're getting if you're enjoying playing? That is, I think, the core of this. We found our Me/Quick not because we were grinding Onmagoug as often as we could, but because we do him a couple times a week because we find it enjoyable. It was a nice bonus, but it wasn't why we were there.

So I ask this: Why do you give a shit what others are doing with their own time?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, of course, but I for one care because the way most people play, I can either a) grind one mission ten times an hour, b) solo, or c) play only when my friends are around. I've found that I end up going with c) almost all the time.

I'd like to play with other people, but the mentality of most people playing this game almost endorsing mind-numbing burnout. Of course everyone can play how they want, but with everyone focused so much on numbers there aren't very many people left to play for fun.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-03-25 10:10, Mewnie wrote:

Thats not the point.

Its people who bitch about lack of content, but still just do the same mission over and over again.

Mewnie
Mar 25, 2007, 05:39 PM
Again: Why do you care?

And Tiyr, you're only setting yourself up for a headache. If it's c), then why bother dealing with people who don't share the same outlook as you?

For fucks sakes, you people bitching about people bitching is loltastic.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-03-25 15:39, Mewnie wrote:
Again: Why do you care?

And Tiyr, you're only setting yourself up for a headache. If it's c), then why bother dealing with people who don't share the same outlook as you?

For fucks sakes, you people bitching about people bitching is loltastic.

I care because they think PSU is a huge shithole, when they dug that hole but bitch about it anyways.

For fuck sakes, you bitching about people bitching about people bitcing is loltastic.

But then again, you're just trolling anyways, so it doesn't matter. And if you're not trolling, I apologize that you're actually dumb.

Mewnie
Mar 26, 2007, 09:02 AM
But then again, you're just trolling anyways, so it doesn't matter. And if you're not trolling, I apologize that you're actually dumb.

Am I bitching? No. I'm asking a question, son.

Why put so much energy into caring (lol) about people who will burn out the "content"and quit? Good riddance I say.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 26, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-03-26 07:02, Mewnie wrote:

Am I bitching? No. I'm asking a question, son.

Why put so much energy into caring (lol) about people who will burn out the "content"and quit? Good riddance I say.

Again, you're putting so much energy into this.

Mewnie
Mar 26, 2007, 07:54 PM
That's what you'd like to think, son.

Kent
Mar 26, 2007, 08:57 PM
Sparks flying. I see a long-lasting relationship taking shape here.

Get a room, please. :/

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 27, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-03-26 17:54, Mewnie wrote:
That's what you'd like to think, son.

So how exactly is anyone putting any energy into any of this?

Quit making double standards, really.

Thalui89
Mar 27, 2007, 06:40 AM
Lol at this post. Have you only just realised how messed up the community is? Lolz i had a simple solution to sega and the community. I left lolz. Problem solved. im placing my money into blizzard entertainments very capable hands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thalui89 on 2007-03-27 04:41 ]</font>

Mewnie
Mar 27, 2007, 08:49 AM
On 2007-03-26 22:24, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:
So how exactly is anyone putting any energy into any of this?

It's the Internet. And it's Serious Business (tm).

'I care because, oh my god, people have a different opinion than mine/bitch and moan about some aspect of the game/threatening to quit/etc.'

Instead of getting all wound up about something that is out of your control, you'd be better off responding to those folks with a 'lol, k' or 'can I have ur stuff?'

Face it, there's always going to be people who are never happy with any game they play. They will piss and moan and bleed thier vaginas all over the forums about the injustice of everything, never admitting to thier own shortcomings with the game.

Pick any online game and you're going to find these people. (Especially WoW.)

Again: It's the Internet. And it's Serious Business (tm).

Quit making double standards, really.

lol, k

Thalui89
Mar 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
Lolz why does everyone pick on the wow community? lol not every wow server is entuirelu populated by morons. Infact most players i have met on wow have been about 5x better than a large majority of people i met on PSU E.G. 99% of universe 2

Para
Mar 27, 2007, 12:54 PM
I think some people just play the game a bit too much. Take your time and enjoy it. However one of the problems in the game is that some people grind and others feel forced to keep up by grinding the same missions so they don't get left behind. Then you have others who want efficiency for their missions because not everyone has all the time in the world to play PSU.

Mystil
Mar 27, 2007, 07:23 PM
I'm definitly in the http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifont wont to be left behind: boat. But it can't be helped.