PDA

View Full Version : 2 LOL ers

jayster
Mar 24, 2007, 10:52 AM
Well I have 2 funny stories to tell from the past couple days.

First, I decide to do a Hive C run to get to the Awakening. Im running it and this random Cast joins my party, it turns out that he is really depressed and is going to quit the game because his friends wont play with him anymore and they'v abandoned him. It turns out he is a Cast Fortetecher which I thought was really funny bc his story reminded me of the "cast fortetecher" comic in the fanart section. He goes on to tell me they just dont realize his potental.. At that point, i was just saying to myself... "Is this guy serious?"

The next story happens when Im in the guardian colony buying some Grinder B boards from the shop, this random kid invites me to his party so I decide to join. He's a level 28 cast. He asks me if I'v ever heard the duping glitch, i laugh and say no. He tells me he'll show me how to double my money so I say ok, knowing that he's trying to scam me. We go into a level and he says I have to drop all my money, and it only works if it's 10K+. I tell him Im not interested in duping money and I ask him to just show me how it works. He tells me he doesnt have 10K, of course I look at his money and see 32k but thats besides the point. I tell him alright i'll do it and I drop 1 meseta, I get kicked from the party.

But that's not the best part, he comes out of the mission and invites me back to his party, I join and he says sorry, The duping glitch kicks you out if you dont drop atleast 10k and he says I dropped 1 meseta on accident. I just laugh and tell him I would have given him 10k if he asked, I blacklist him and leave.

eightball
Mar 24, 2007, 10:54 AM
Haha that second story is great!!

jayster
Mar 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-03-24 08:54, eightball wrote:
Haha that second story is great!!

yeah... I dont understand how some people can be so stupid sometimes.

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
This is why when in Universe 2, you only team with people who:

A) Don't rape Tornado Dance
B) Are level 50+

(I'd say don't spam Universe 2, but my opinion on that much has changed now that I've learned that anyone level 50+ isn't a COMPLETE n00b)

natewifi
Mar 24, 2007, 11:04 AM
Maybe he was actually a kid, either way it was funny. Most people would have been a total asshole about the whole thing. :/

natewifi
Mar 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-03-24 08:59, DonRoyale wrote:

B) Are level 50+

(I'd say don't spam Universe 2, but my opinion on that much has changed now that I've learned that anyone level 50+ isn't a COMPLETE n00b)

Don that is b/s. Other than the annoying tornado dance thing.

Allison_W
Mar 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-03-24 08:52, jayster wrote:

First, I decide to do a Hive C run to get to the Awakening. Im running it and this random Cast joins my party, it turns out that he is really depressed and is going to quit the game because his friends wont play with him anymore and they'v abandoned him. It turns out he is a Cast Fortetecher which I thought was really funny bc his story reminded me of the "cast fortetecher" comic in the fanart section. He goes on to tell me they just dont realize his potental.. At that point, i was just saying to myself... "Is this guy serious?"

Actually, from what I've heard, fTcasts can be surprisingly good, particularly if they use bows a lot. However, I'd guess the problem in this case probably stems from him being poor support--I can't think of many (worthwhile) groups that'd stop playing with an fT who's on the ball about buffs and Resta just 'cause they're a CAST, so he was probably doing something wrong and simply unaware of it. Like not being good support. Or being an item hog. Or getting himself killed all the time without scapes and costing the group mission rewards. Or any of a bajillion-and-one other ways to be a bad teammate.

jayster
Mar 24, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-03-24 09:06, Allison_W wrote:

Actually, from what I've heard, fTcasts can be surprisingly good, particularly if they use bows a lot. However, I'd guess the problem in this case probably stems from him being poor support--I can't think of many (worthwhile) groups that'd stop playing with an fT who's on the ball about buffs and Resta just 'cause they're a CAST, so he was probably doing something wrong and simply unaware of it. Like not being good support. Or being an item hog. Or getting himself killed all the time without scapes and costing the group mission rewards. Or any of a bajillion-and-one other ways to be a bad teammate.

Oh yeah I'm not saying cast fortetechers are bad, heck Im all for combinations like that, I even made my beast a fortegunner for a while.

I was just saying that his story reminded me of that comic in the fanart section about the cast fortetecher lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

XDespaiR
Mar 25, 2007, 05:57 AM
lol it kicks you out if you dont drop atleast 10k!

best scammer story ever...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDespaiR on 2007-03-25 03:58 ]</font>

DamunBM
Mar 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
My question is who is the dumb shit that fell for it that he keeps trying it? I hope someone just felt bad for him and let it work, because other wise they really need to be institutionalized.

Yukichi
Mar 25, 2007, 01:24 PM

B) Are level 50+

I've seen far too many 50+ who don't have a lick of sense, sadly enough.

On the other hand, I have yet to see someone use Tornado Dance in a bad manner.

I only play on Universe 2. Go figure.

Jakosifer
Mar 25, 2007, 04:45 PM
Thats BS about people under lvl 50+ being n00bs. Hell I was in a party the other day with TWO Fortegunners, one was lvl 62 and the other was lvl 30. Which one died the most? The high level. Did he have scapes? No. Did he ruin our mission rank? Yes.

Moral of the story: Elitism ftfl

BTW, that 2nd story is good. Stupid kid. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-03-25 14:45 ]</font>

Raysa
Mar 25, 2007, 04:46 PM
Seriously. I freaking pwn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif You could be lvl 70+ and be a tard. You can't single out a whole community of lower level players based on your experience of like a few.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raysa on 2007-03-25 14:48 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2007, 04:50 PM
The next story happens when Im in the guardian colony buying some Grinder B boards from the shop, this random kid invites me to his party so I decide to join. He's a level 28 cast. He asks me if I'v ever heard the duping glitch, i laugh and say no. He tells me he'll show me how to double my money so I say ok, knowing that he's trying to scam me. We go into a level and he says I have to drop all my money, and it only works if it's 10K+. I tell him Im not interested in duping money and I ask him to just show me how it works. He tells me he doesnt have 10K, of course I look at his money and see 32k but thats besides the point. I tell him alright i'll do it and I drop 1 meseta, I get kicked from the party.

But that's not the best part, he comes out of the mission and invites me back to his party, I join and he says sorry, The duping glitch kicks you out if you dont drop atleast 10k and he says I dropped 1 meseta on accident. I just laugh and tell him I would have given him 10k if he asked, I blacklist him and leave.

http://www.freewebs.com/ronin_cooper/forum/pwnedbr.png

omegapirate2k
Mar 25, 2007, 04:50 PM
Hahaha you should figure out how to scam them back.

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 07:07 PM

B) Are level 50+
Alts are people too, jerkface.

So, you soloed to 50 then, right? AM I RIGHT?

Mayu
Mar 25, 2007, 08:09 PM
Second story made me L M A O