PDA

View Full Version : Can you block someone from getting into your room?

Neggy
Mar 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
Does blacklisting have that effect? Some expletivestick keeps buying my combine materials and putting them in his store for twice as much and then some. It's pissing me off. I put my shit up for good prices so crafters can get them, not some greedy expletivestick who has so little going on in his life that he has to be a douchebag to make fake money.

Good job, moron! I'm sure your parents are real proud of you for having fake money. I bet they call all their friends and brag about how much fake money their son makes.

But, f'real. Anyone want to test the blacklisting room no entry theory with me after the Rangers lose THE TWO expletiveING POINTS THEY SO GOD DAMN DESPERATELY NEED, GOD DAMN IT, YOU'RE ONLY TWO POINTS INTO THE PLAYOFFS, DON'T GET COMFORTABLE FOR expletiveS SAKE game? OH MY GOD! THEY TIED IT! THANK GOD! YES, JESUS YES!

So, I do that sometimes, talk about the hockey game I'm watching in my posts. People think I'm crazy.

Anyway, yeah. So, after overtime?

Schubalts
Mar 24, 2007, 02:45 PM
Yea, blacklisting keeps them out of your room, too.

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
I smell money. Sweet delicious money. How can I get in your store and what do you think I could make on your items if I resold them? I need details man! Details! That is annoying, though. I did it to my girlfriend for a while, though, because I was selling weapons at a good cost that was fair and cheap and she started to undercut me. So i just bought all her stuff so she wouldn't ruin the economy. Of course, that made me her best customer, god damnit. Im not sure if I accomplished anything or not.

pikachief
Mar 24, 2007, 06:21 PM
lets play a game!

im gonna put 30 vulcaline in my store for 1 meseta each!

the catch is that u are supposed to try to buy it beofre i black list you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jk

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 07:42 PM
Awesome!! You'll be 30 mesata richer and I'll be 30 mesata poorer! I think I see who the winner will be with THIS game.

Starlet
Mar 24, 2007, 07:52 PM
Well, you did set the price. If they buy it from you & sell it at higher price, well...

My store is that way too (well most of it), & I don't really mind. Well, there's a 1 seller, who always tries to sell few things cheaper than me (visits my shop constantly & buy my stuff too), then I drop /raise price & vice versa (I still have enough $ to price lower than him, But it's tedious). It can get real anoying, I admit, but it's a free econonmy so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pineapple
Mar 24, 2007, 08:21 PM
Working the market is kind of part of... the market.

Turbobrain
Mar 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
Intresting, my friend got blacklisted for saying to this guy his prices where too high. My friend was like WTF? So I went to the guys room to look at this and see why this guy had been kicked and been so rude to him. He`s in there and he's telling me great his decs are(obvious he does'nt know it`s bad luck to keep Christmas decorations up 12 days after Christmas). Anyhoo, I tell him I got a message.... My friend says Go to **** but I tone it down coz I'm not THAT childish.... even though he was a dick

Turbobrain
Mar 24, 2007, 08:45 PM
I did'nt want to get into trouble swearing at someone online.... so I give him the message then blacklist him and gtf out of his room before he can blacklist ME! Anywayz 3O seconds later he was in my room. I was WTF? It was funny he was trying to get a`fix` on me to black me and I was running around to make sure he could'nt. I just thought it weird he could get in. Apparently it takes a short time for the blacklist feature to activate. Does anyone know if this is true?

APEXi
Mar 24, 2007, 08:53 PM
wonder if you can "blacklist" people from coming into your thread...

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 08:57 PM
That would be democratic...

Mattardo
Mar 24, 2007, 08:59 PM
Months ago when I was making weps for the chance of a good percentage, I would sell the leftovers figuring someone could use them and at the good price I sold them for. After a while of booming sales, I had people coming to my shop adn asking when I would have more "pm food" for sale. It took me a while to figure out WHO was buying my weps... It wasn't craftsmen! lol

APEXi
Mar 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
i have a bunch of sub 20% weapons, all of the 9 star variety in one of my player's shops. cant seem to get rid of em fast enough to keep a constant movement of my "failed" synths

Krisan
Mar 24, 2007, 09:50 PM
There is nothing wrong with buying low and selling high.. that's how the market works in the real world, and it stays just as effective in a virtual one. Yea, you might want to sell things at reasonable prices for a noble cause or some such.. but you're blowing it out of proportion as well.

Inazuma
Mar 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
ok so buying something to resell at a higher price is bad, and blacklisting someone b/c they buy from you is good?

if you ever want to start a business in real life, your gonna be in big trouble -_-

Fulgore
Mar 24, 2007, 10:28 PM
I resell things for higher value all the time. Granted, its stuff I originally bought to use for myself and when I got done with it usually the price went up overall cuz I kepts it for a long time and also don't buy crap http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Same to real life, you can hold onto something until it has higher value and ebay it. Or it just sucked to begin with and you Fail! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Helly
Mar 25, 2007, 02:51 AM
On 2007-03-24 19:50, Krisan wrote:
There is nothing wrong with buying low and selling high.. that's how the market works in the real world, and it stays just as effective in a virtual one. Yea, you might want to sell things at reasonable prices for a noble cause or some such.. but you're blowing it out of proportion as well.

But we're not talking about a stock market~ in the real world stores can't (right?) send employees to buy out some rival stores stuff only to bring it back to resell at higher prices. Gutting your competition is just lame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Miyoko
Mar 25, 2007, 02:57 AM
Such is capitalism...

XDeviousX
Mar 25, 2007, 03:06 AM
On 2007-03-25 00:51, Helly wrote:

On 2007-03-24 19:50, Krisan wrote:

But we're not talking about a stock market~ in the real world stores can't (right?) send employees to buy out some rival stores stuff only to bring it back to resell at higher prices. Gutting your competition is just lame. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

they're called "art buyers..." buy low sell high... and its VERY legal. How do you put somebody "out of business" by buying their stuff? (Thats how most furniture and cloths outlets get their itmes, by buying from an outlet or wholesales company and marking up the price. That is whats known as dealing with a "middle man")

SarinSerafi
Mar 25, 2007, 03:15 AM
I'm a crafter. I synth weapons and armor, and only sell products I make that I don't want or need or find as drops. It's stores like the OP's that I look for to supply my synthing, and I too get upset when people buy out their stores and resell for much more. :/ Sure, I still farm my own photons and such, but I only have so much time during the day, and can't spend it all farming.

Sorry to hear such a jackass is doing that to you, Neggy. Catch them in the act! If you know who's doing it, put up some bait, wait in your store, and when they show up, blacklist them before they can buy. XD Watch them vanish and never return.

Angelo
Mar 25, 2007, 03:17 AM
I don't see scalping as something particularly bad, it's just the way business goes.

In-game and offline, that's life.

But if it's one guy doing it on purpose JUST to antagonize you.. I'd go ahead and blacklist him.