PDA

View Full Version : OMG, so not "this class sucks because of a laughably curable

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
...because it's not in PSU General >.>

Today's rant is again on the retarted topic of my family and their continued haggling for computer time.

OK, I'll include a story this time.

I've just logged on. Shiro and I have decided to level our next jobs (I'm gonna go fF, he's going WT), and we've prepped and are going out. After we get a party going and are about to go on a mission, my sister comes down here and asks how long I've been on (we're supposed to get off every hour, that's how tight it is here. Gawd >.>) I tell her, politely of course (since it appears I'm the only one able to do that in my family >.>), that I've been on for half an hour (without reliable friends, it's hard to set up a party. >.>)

So after I start a Crimson run, I hit block three when that same sister comes down (it took us 20 minutes to get there, we're on B. A level 41 HUnewm, a level 33 RAmar, and a level 71 FOmar. I could branch and rant about WHY I'm being a fT and not a hunter class because of absolute dogshit damage output, but I digress.), asking me to get off. Of course, if you do the math, I've only been on 50 minutes. So she uses the tide and true excuse that, though everyone knows doesn't work on me (because they've lied about it before. Unlike them, I ask. And they get punished), she says anyways, "mom and dad said so."

I reply, "Too bad. 10 minutes."

She storms off upstairs, and comes back down 15 minutes later. I kindly get off, and as usual, give her my trademark "Have fun" (since I'm kicked off the 'good' computer every two minutes, it seems. =), and head upstairs, having some hilarious jokes with the adults for a little while, then come back down to reclaim my laptop. (My brother was on it. Right now, he's waiting for my sister's turn to be over-25 minutes-so we can rotate computers.)

Now, the moral of the story is that, again, people don't realize that I'm actually DOING something on here. Again, I brought this up on my previous rant of this nature, but I'll say it again-I'm on PSU. Getting off means they lose (well, not in this particular case, but...), in almost all cases, the only Force. So they struggle, and have to spend money on mates that could've been saved if my family didn't freak for computer time to go on MSN and say to their goofy friends "OMG LOL". Meanwhile, when they have to get off, it's "gtg kthnxbai". The greater inconvenience?

Oh, and it's also funny that my entire family EXCEPT FOR ME has internet access 24/7, but only wants the computer when I'M here. As much sense as that makes, it being the weekend and all, you have the whole week, I don't. But no, nobody cares to see that.

Oh well, I'm only the smart one, I'm only the one who uses all the time he can get (BECAUSE of the fact that everyone's breathing down my neck every two fucking seconds), I'm only the guy who gets off with no hassle and gives them 15 minutes EXTRA time.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

FOAtHeart
Mar 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
Your time isn't more valuable than anyone elses. You got your hour, which is pretty reasonable, considering.

Sayara
Mar 24, 2007, 10:26 PM
Is this Deja vu? (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137863&forum=11&6)

DonRoyale
Mar 24, 2007, 10:29 PM
Vu didn't have no story, Tingle.

Sayara
Mar 24, 2007, 10:34 PM
I dunno, i read this, and that one; looked kinda simular.

Solstis
Mar 24, 2007, 11:42 PM
I was really hoping that this didn't have to do with PSU. It's so... last topic. I assume that you're the only one that plays video games in the family, so they're probably not going to consider your PSU to be anymore important than their MSN. If they were gamers, then... you'd probably have the same problem. Social networking either way.

Blitzkommando
Mar 25, 2007, 03:07 AM
If you really must get in a ton of PSU time buy a computer, or the cheap alternative, a PS2 (slim ones have the network adapter built in) and PSU and you're talking less than $200. (And if you don't mind buying a used PS2 you could probably do the whole thing for around $130 or less) BAM! If you need a network cable you can get one for the sub-$15 range for 25'. If you don't want to work towards that, or a computer of your own, you're getting equal treatment as everyone else. Do you think you're special from your siblings in some way? "Everyone is equal but some people are more equal than others"?

As to why your sister comes in early hoping you'll get off: It should be a no brainer, you're on computer, she wants on, any way to weasel her way in for more or earlier time is good for her. It's called human nature. And sibling rivalry.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
Do you have any idea how many times I tried to tell him to try and get a PS2?

PJ
Mar 25, 2007, 09:22 AM
As long as you get used to loading weapons at the beginning of stages (I can't remember who suggested it to be, but it was probably my best, "Force," tip), then you'll be fine. Even better, Huntering and Rangering are no trouble at all on the PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 25, 2007, 10:05 AM
Help me out here PJ, I've been trying my best to get this dude to get a PS2, but he just won't. ._.

Don, you can get the PS2 if only to get this game, don't think about your hatred for Sony or w/e, PS2 isn't so bad on this game, trust me. It'll make things much easier on you and w/ your siblings.

DonRoyale
Mar 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
Fine, I have an official solution to this. (It'll certainly make you two happy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

My sister has a PS2 she's willing to let me use. If I can get PSU working on it, I'm gonna switch to PSU (but first, I'm going to see if I can get used to the controls first...and get a keyboard XD)