PDA

View Full Version : March 31st : Drop Your Scapes Day



GreenArcher
Mar 25, 2007, 10:45 AM
I am proposing a PSU-wide holiday. Drop your scapes day. Phantasy Star Universe needs something like this desperatly.

In the past week, I've been grinding a new character through the ranks. I've easily gone through 50+ Sol Atomizers, and 10+ Star Atomizers. However, not once has somebody star atomizered or sol atomizered me. Not once, and not once have these strangers done it to another stranger.

It's time for us to drop our scapes, All of you, take your stack and leave it in the PM for a day.

This game has turned it to a button smashing contenst. Who can spam their PAs the fastest? Who can level their charcter and job type the fast?

I wanna see people use some sols and stars
I wanna see some megid side stepping
I wanna see some Rangers SE4ing those Megid casters, and DoTing the big guys
I wanna see some forces debuffing the more dabgerous enemies
I wanna see some hunters stun locking
Most of all: I WANT TO SEE SOME A, B, AND C RANKS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

So please

Drop your scapes

3/31/07

PJ
Mar 25, 2007, 10:47 AM
With my role as the force, I don't LET anyone else use sols/stars while I'm still Resta/Reverser kicking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 25, 2007, 10:47 AM
How about taunting jarbas? Can we do that?

Sychosis
Mar 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
No thank you. At 5,000 meseta a pop, scapes are very valuable to me. I don't play carelessly if I can help it.

Angelo
Mar 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
I think it's a good idea.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing ST take Scapes out of NPC shops altogether, especially on PC/PS2 version where meseta has really inflated.

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
On 2007-03-25 08:50, Sychosis wrote:
No thank you. At 5,000 meseta a pop, scapes are very valuable to me. I don't play carelessly if I can help it.

put them in ur pm and use em the next day, its not like ur throwing them out. duuuuuuuuuh

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2007, 10:54 AM
yea, then the missions whould actually be fun like in pso, where since u didnt usually bring scapes, u actually had to PLAY to stay alive.

Sychosis
Mar 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-03-25 08:52, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2007-03-25 08:50, Sychosis wrote:
No thank you. At 5,000 meseta a pop, scapes are very valuable to me. I don't play carelessly if I can help it.

put them in ur pm and use em the next day, its not like ur throwing them out. duuuuuuuuuh



The point flew right over your head.

I don't play like a n00b with scapes flying out the ass, because I don't have scapes flying out the ass.

Rashiid
Mar 25, 2007, 10:56 AM
ill pass.

Candor
Mar 25, 2007, 11:00 AM
Sounds like fun, maybe this'll make it more like the PSO days. i can't even remember when i last used a moon atomizer o.O

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
I still play carefully, even w/ scapes cuz if I die, I lose 5k meseta. Even w/ the haxeta around, I'm still reluctant to waste money like that.

Ryogen
Mar 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
No thank you. More like save your scapes.

Siertes
Mar 25, 2007, 11:08 AM
Sounds interesting, but there is no way in heck I'm going to use a Star Atomizer. Unlike Sol's you cant buy these at NPCs, so restocking is more of a hassle.

But I would like to see if anyone could get S at Desert Goliath S. That would be impressive.

GreenArcher
Mar 25, 2007, 11:09 AM
Well what's the point of having them if they're just going to rust in your inventory?

pikachief
Mar 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
On 2007-03-25 08:45, Green_Archer3 wrote:
I am proposing a PSU-wide holiday. Drop your scapes day. Phantasy Star Universe needs something like this desperatly.

In the past week, I've been grinding a new character through the ranks. I've easily gone through 50+ Sol Atomizers, and 10+ Star Atomizers. However, not once has somebody star atomizered or sol atomizered me. Not once, and not once have these strangers done it to another stranger.

It's time for us to drop our scapes, All of you, take your stack and leave it in the PM for a day.

This game has turned it to a button smashing contenst. Who can spam their PAs the fastest? Who can level their charcter and job type the fast?

I wanna see people use some sols and stars
I wanna see some megid side stepping
I wanna see some Rangers SE4ing those Megid casters, and DoTing the big guys
I wanna see some forces debuffing the more dabgerous enemies
I wanna see some hunters stun locking
Most of all: I WANT TO SEE SOME A, B, AND C RANKS http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

So please

Drop your scapes

3/31/07



i'll do it but i'll be looking for the serafi dagger board still so i wont have any scapes in the first place!

oh and my rifle can freeze deljabans like in 3 shots >.>

Siertes
Mar 25, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-03-25 09:09, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Well what's the point of having them if they're just going to rust in your inventory?



I suppose that's like saying "What's the point of car insurance if you never get in a crash?"

...I hate insurance.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
No.

Skids
Mar 25, 2007, 11:34 AM
Hmm. Not sure If I leave my scapes at home that day but Green_Archer3 you should try to fine me and do some runs togther. Since I will use sols and stars on runs. even when theirs forces. (you never now whne their out of range of someone or if their frozen.

Mandalore
Mar 25, 2007, 11:45 AM
you should have atleast one scapedoll with you always just incase some freak accident happens and you die with no way to stop it. so i say nay.

jayster
Mar 25, 2007, 11:46 AM
I miss using moon atomizers, ss and s missions are to serious now..

Zorafim
Mar 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-03-25 09:46, jayster wrote:
I miss using moon atomizers, ss and s missions are to serious now..




Not as serious as C ranks when they were the only thing out. Die without scapes = boot.

Zer0_ConvoY
Mar 25, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-03-25 09:17, Siertes wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:09, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Well what's the point of having them if they're just going to rust in your inventory?



I suppose that's like saying "What's the point of car insurance if you never get in a crash?"

...I hate insurance.



no, its more like saying whats the point of insurance if your car is in the garage with out plates on it. your analogy would be if you kept them on ya but never had to use em

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 25, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-03-25 09:50, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:46, jayster wrote:
I miss using moon atomizers, ss and s missions are to serious now..




Not as serious as C ranks when they were the only thing out. Die without scapes = boot.



idk anymore any mission i go into the first things said isnt hello its "you better have dolls"

CoSine
Mar 25, 2007, 12:55 PM
pass...It's a worthless idea and ideal that'll never come through
Besides I'm always poor... I know how to use my mates and sidestep enough to not let me die as easily



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoSine on 2007-03-25 10:56 ]</font>

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 01:02 PM
On 2007-03-25 08:45, Green_Archer3 wrote
Most of all: I WANT TO SEE SOME A, B, AND C RANKS

Start joining missions later. Problem solved.

OR

Stop worrying about what others do and just play the bloody game. Problem solved.

Siertes
Mar 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-03-25 10:11, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:17, Siertes wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:09, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Well what's the point of having them if they're just going to rust in your inventory?



I suppose that's like saying "What's the point of car insurance if you never get in a crash?"

...I hate insurance.



no, its more like saying whats the point of insurance if your car is in the garage with out plates on it. your analogy would be if you kept them on ya but never had to use em



Or that...

Yuicihi
Mar 25, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-03-25 09:50, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:46, jayster wrote:
I miss using moon atomizers, ss and s missions are to serious now..




Not as serious as C ranks when they were the only thing out. Die without scapes = boot.

Oh?
Nowadays, it's Join = Boot.

Lman90245
Mar 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah, never play with out scapes... now you know and knowing is half the battle!

VanHalen
Mar 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
I'm in. I was thinking about once me and my friend get to level 50 we should do HIVE S with no scape dolls. Oh wait I can't participate I'm going to Arizona http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. *prays I can connect there*

VanHalen
Mar 25, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-03-25 10:20, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:50, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-03-25 09:46, jayster wrote:
I miss using moon atomizers, ss and s missions are to serious now..




Not as serious as C ranks when they were the only thing out. Die without scapes = boot.



idk anymore any mission i go into the first things said isnt hello its "you better have dolls"



Sorry for the double post.

Herdsman? What parties to you join?

Angelo
Mar 25, 2007, 01:18 PM
I tell you what, there's one way that would make everyone start playing ALOT more carefully

Right now, with Scapes there is no penalty for half the players.

HALF

As someone who plays a beast and has a few CAST friends, we know that there is nothing more annoying than dying (especially to megid) when you've been saving your Nanoblast/SUV for the boss or last room

Solution: Give Newmans and Humans a 'limit break'

Then everyone will start playing a little more cautiously.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-03-25 11:19 ]</font>

Candor
Mar 25, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-03-25 11:18, Angelo wrote:
nothing more annoying than dying (especially to megid) when you've been saving your Nanoblast/SUV for the boss or last room

>.< yea that always hurts even with scapes, or dying from megid a sec or two after using your nanoblast.

i'd like to see some parties where scapes = boot on this day, that'll be good for a laugh XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2007-03-25 11:23 ]</font>

Reginaldo
Mar 25, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well can all you guys that are gonna ruin random people's ranks play on a Uni that isn't 2?

I see what point you're trying to bring forward, but you're really just asking for more trouble then it's worth. Scapes might be taken for granted, but I've seen plenty of people who just can't make it through missions in this game without scapes. Call it sad if you want but nobody is perfect, people die and the scape doll preserves their rank since the majority of people are grinding for MP in the first place.

The population is small enough as it is and a bunch of no scapes people playing S2 Labs or any of the popular missions atm will just make less people want to play.

So I say enjoy and I even advocate your little holiday, just do it somewhere else where people won't kick you out of every game.

Just a precaution.

Sekani
Mar 25, 2007, 01:25 PM
Now that SS missions are out, this game is back to serious business.

GreenArcher
Mar 25, 2007, 01:48 PM
I see a lot of you are missing a big idea here..

There is more to PSU then getting an S rank

The money from 90% of the missions is not worth the scapes. And you WILL hit job level 10 before level 80, no doubt about it.

As for a few frags? >_>

Seem to be getting a lot of hate from this..

Schubalts
Mar 25, 2007, 02:06 PM
So....people actually go on Megid-infested missions hoping to get S?

Skids
Mar 25, 2007, 02:08 PM
I understand the point your trying to get across. But the main problem your facing with this is the scape doll mentallity. Because the dolls are buyible and at a reasonible price. 5000 from npc stores. Where in PSO you could only find them. Plus the fact that they reward no death better then death. Its created this perfection mind set on players. Which your trying to advocate not to be concern and just have fun. But its hard to break out of that mind set for some people. Especially now were people want to get all the ultimate pas. So every s rank is crucial. Its hard. Its nice idea but it be very difficult to get across sadly.

AweOfShe
Mar 25, 2007, 02:16 PM
This topic reminds me of something I read in a joke legit guide for PSO awhile back.

"Using Scape Dolls is a form of cheating. If God wants you to die, you better damn well die."

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zephyr_
Mar 25, 2007, 02:31 PM
I'll pass on this idea.

It's utterly stupid.

Candor
Mar 25, 2007, 02:32 PM
care to give a reason why?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2007-03-25 12:32 ]</font>

Zephyr_
Mar 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
No.

DamunBM
Mar 25, 2007, 02:42 PM
On 2007-03-25 12:33, Zephyr_ wrote:
No.



agreed... No.

Ether
Mar 25, 2007, 03:27 PM
Everyone in this topic missed the point

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-03-25 11:13, VanHalen wrote:
I'm in. I was thinking about once me and my friend get to level 50 we should do HIVE S with no scape dolls. Oh wait I can't participate I'm going to Arizona http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. *prays I can connect there*
We do have the interweb out here. We're different, but not that different. Although, on our internet, the packets travel by horseback, so it's kinda slow sometimes, with all the indian raids and whatnot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
On 2007-03-25 11:48, Green_Archer3 wrote:
I see a lot of you are missing a big idea here..

There is more to PSU then getting an S rank
You're right, there is more to PSU than getting an S-rank, but why not try to get an S-rank while you're there? Bring scapes and people won't start knowing you as a person who isn't prepared. Besides, it's common courtesy to either have scape dolls, or go solo so you can't mess up anyone else's mission ranking when you die.

Quit thinking about yourself. Think about others instead. Don't jack up their fun just because you don't like a particular game mechanic and how the online society has adapted to it.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
The problem is that the way the community has adapted to this game mechanic has cheapened the game. The average mission running group plays more like six people soloing in the same area rather than one team playing together. It's very rare to find someone who'll use Sols on a stunned/frozen player. People who will suffer a small blow to their egos by using their crowd controlling PAs over their DPS PAs on Deljabans(Shunbu vs. Buten, or Rising Crush vs. Splendor Crush for example) are even more uncommon. I totally endorse this day. Unfortunately, it's little more than a fantasy considering so little of the game's traffic comes through here to see this.

Moreover, I don't think we were meant to have scape dolls coming out the butt like we do now on PC. At 5k, we've only recently gotten missions that subsidize the frequent use of these things.

Sekani
Mar 25, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:27, Ether wrote:
Everyone in this topic missed the point


The mere suggestion of not doing a mission with an easy-to-obtain reward of 500MP and 5 million meseta is a felony in 35 states and 87 countries.

WrathOfMegid
Mar 25, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:51, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-03-25 13:27, Ether wrote:
Everyone in this topic missed the point


The mere suggestion of not doing a mission with an easy-to-obtain reward of 500MP and 5 million meseta is a felony in 35 states and 87 countries.



You... FAIL! What's this about "easy to obtain?" If it's so damn easy, you'll be happy to do it without scape dolls and save 50k. The point is, it's not easy. So you actually have to, I don't know, FREAKING TRY when you don't have scapes coming out your butt to save your sorry butt.

The point of this topic is not to change how you people play forever, but to encourage a day to develop skills and teamwork and laugh when someone says, "Hey, can I get a rez?"

If I were online I would join you, Archer, but I fail in that respect.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2007, 04:07 PM
I think he was being facetious.

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:48, Xaeris wrote:
Moreover, I don't think we were meant to have scape dolls coming out the butt like we do now on PC. At 5k, we've only recently gotten missions that subsidize the frequent use of these things.
It was planned from day one. The fact that they can be bought in stores as well as the mission reward structure in-game attests to this. They are meant as a money sink, and they worked admirably until the high-meseta missions rewards were brought out.

On 2007-03-25 14:05, WrathOfMegid wrote:
The point of this topic is not to change how you people play forever, but to encourage a day to develop skills and teamwork and laugh when someone says, "Hey, can I get a rez?"
Good teamwork is easy to spot; it's when the techer un-SE's your mate before you can even get the palette switch button pressed. That's good teamwork. The fact that the Fg next to you didn't unfreeze you isn't instantly an indicator of bad teamwork, as he or she merely might have not see you. There's a million reasons. Selfishness, of course, is one of them. That I will not discount, but I also don't assume that the "guilty party" is an asshat merely because I didn't warn them before-hand that I expect them to be popping off stars when I need them to. Megid happens, bring scapes, and keep your friends.

If you want people to laugh when you die, run with clowns or hand-pick a group that doesn't care about job levels. Or, suck it up, buy some scapes, and don't ruin the run for other people who want to level their job.

YMMV.

Yukichi
Mar 25, 2007, 04:30 PM
Could always just do Bruce's Dungeon all day long. Can't use scapes, decent chance of death if someone screws up. Requires much teamwork. If you pride yourself in "skill", Bruce Dungeon at the moment seems to require the most skill out of the missions. And that way you would not be affecting others too much, who spend their money on scapes because they do indeed want MP.

I go to Bruce a lot because I like the challenge. I go to sea lab when I want easy exp. I play seriously in both settings, because it simply is far easier to dodge a megid, than to die and have to rebuff all over again, while another monsters sends a megid at me from offscreen.

Yesterday I was doing Dual Sentinel A by myself because no one was there. I was doing fine, with no need for scapes. I get to the last block, and halfway through a player joins. We greet each other and go on to finish the block. Next stop De Ragnus. The first thing that happens, the other player bites the dust from De Ragnus' breath. There I am, 30 min or so and the result is no S rank. I was not mad however. Annoyed, but not mad. The player proceeds to apologize. I do not scold him, and simply continue to fight De Ragnus. The mission overall was fun, and it would have been much more satisfying to have recieved a S for the first time I had done it, and the lack of scape dolls on a character ruined that for me.

While I didn't feel too bad that time, if this continues to happen many times over and over, I would be encouraged to password all my games, which then leads to more solitude, which means to insanity, which leads to crying babies.

VanHalen
Mar 25, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:27, Tengoku wrote:
We do have the interweb out here. We're different, but not that different. Although, on our internet, the packets travel by horseback, so it's kinda slow sometimes, with all the indian raids and whatnot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm pretty sure you do. I'm just hoping where I am staying will let me connect.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2007, 04:34 PM
It was planned from day one. The fact that they can be bought in stores as well as the mission reward structure in-game attests to this. They are meant as a money sink, and they worked admirably until the high-meseta missions rewards were brought out.

The thing about this is that it was a money sink that was meant to hurt. I kept dolls around to be a worst case scenario type thing. I still put forth a pretty good effort to avoid death. I learned what bosses can do, discovered their tells and got the hell out of the way when I knew something that could kill me was coming. All because 5k was actually worth something. Now, I still go to this trouble simply because I dislike the blow to my ego that is a death, but I'd more than happily say that the majority of people who keep a full stack of dolls use them to play like feggin' idiots.

DikkyRay
Mar 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
YOU CAN BUY SCAPES?!??!? ZOMG HAX!
Surprsingly, i sometimes forgt to put scapes in my inventory. Then *oops* die.
I may join games JUST to piss ppl off by dying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-03-25 14:34, Xaeris wrote:
The thing about this is that it was a money sink that was meant to hurt. I kept dolls around to be a worst case scenario type thing. I still put forth a pretty good effort to avoid death. I learned what bosses can do, discovered their tells and got the hell out of the way when I knew something that could kill me was coming. All because 5k was actually worth something. Now, I still go to this trouble simply because I dislike the blow to my ego that is a death, but I'd more than happily say that the majority of people who keep a full stack of dolls use them to play like feggin' idiots.
I agree completely, but I think you're a bit off on the last part. I don't think people use them as an excuse to play like an idiot, I think people can play like idiots because the scape dolls are a cushion that keeps them from having to really try. When their is no real consequence to their death, why even try? Just a 5K "1-Up" and they're good to go.

See, dying isn't a blow to my ego, merely because things happen and the lag/ megid monster eats everybody now and again. Those deaths never bother me in the slightest. They do, however, make it manditory to never carry scape dolls running Linear Line S, just so an "S" rank is really special and not just a matter of not running out of lives, so to speak.

A happy accident, to channel Bob Ross, if you will.

GreenArcher
Mar 25, 2007, 08:56 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:27, Tengoku wrote:


Quit thinking about yourself. Think about others instead. Don't jack up their fun just because you don't like a particular game mechanic and how the online society has adapted to it.




Hm, the irony in this is not about myself, this is about the whole community.

Look at what the game has come to. Where has the fun gone? Remember the first few weeks of PSU? When making that 5* made your day?


I'm just asking, for a day. For a day, drop your scapes and bring back PSU's fundamentals.

MaximusLight
Mar 25, 2007, 11:11 PM
Woo! I think this is a great idea! I hate buying scapes, and franky other than megid you really dont' need them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FUFME
Mar 25, 2007, 11:17 PM
I never use those and always sell Sol Atomizers for 75- and Star for 250-

Eleina
Mar 26, 2007, 02:35 AM
Great idea!!! Ok i'll be around on the 31st with 0 scapes and my 1160hp!! Ppl in my teams can die as much as they want i'll just go giresta them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MaximusLight
Mar 26, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-03-26 00:35, Eleina wrote:
Great idea!!! Ok i'll be around on the 31st with 0 scapes and my 1160hp!! Ppl in my teams can die as much as they want i'll just go giresta them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif




Elenia you're the best!

Eleina
Mar 26, 2007, 02:53 AM
[b]On 2007-03-26 00:48, MaximusLight wrote

Elenia you're the best!



Why do ppl misspell my name v.v....

Tra
Mar 26, 2007, 05:53 AM
this is what I did when Dulk Falkis was first out, it was fun, but my party learned not to die after a couple of rooms = so it didn't really matter.. heh

GreenArcher
Mar 26, 2007, 06:58 AM
Thank you Cherry

THANK YOU.

This game is very do-able without the crutch of 10 Scape Dolls.

tailz
Mar 26, 2007, 08:28 AM
i think this is a good idea, maybe itll teach some of those jarba-careless people who think they can take em 1 on 1... i end up with people like that all the time... ok, so you can take on a jarba by urself... 2 bad theres 4 more behind u that are a little angry ur killin their friend lol i think one day without scapes would overall make everyone better, cuz even just one day of forcing a more strategic method would make people better at dodging megid and being more careful in general... that way when scapes ARE on hand, they wont go through 5 in a mission

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 26, 2007, 08:35 AM
I don't see the point. I have Stars, but I only use them on Nano beast people, because anyone else can heal themself. I have sol, but I only use it on forces that are frozen/stunned.

Seriously, I side step, I dodge, I heal... I've used a trimate, gotten hit and died, before the trimate registered. Sometimes death is just unavoidable. If you want a mission without scapes, go run Bruces... they don't work there.

THE JACKEL

DamunBM
Mar 26, 2007, 08:45 AM
I played right about 14 hours yesterday and only died once ( dambarta while dropping a trap, then megid while I was frozen ) Scape dolls aren't that important... but I'm not gonna drop the, when I'm already playing like I don't have them, I'm too cheap to spend 5k on sccapes when I could spend it on five dark and burn traps... I'm 100% confident I could drop my scapes and be just fine, it's the other 3-4 idiots in each team I'm on that buy 4-5 scapes a run that worry me... I won't be bothered to stop killing and bring back those retards that think at level 62 they can run in the middle of five level 80+ beefed up Go Vraha's and go toe to toe with them...

twysted
Mar 26, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-03-25 08:50, Sychosis wrote:
No thank you. At 5,000 meseta a pop, scapes are very valuable to me. I don't play carelessly if I can help it.



especially with the price of scapes way up in player shops if you can find them...

Fyrin
Mar 26, 2007, 10:00 AM
Me wont use scapes den XD... ( I very sorry fo da lost of S rank -.-)



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fyrin on 2007-03-26 08:01 ]</font>

MayLee
Mar 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
That's why I feed my Sol/Stars to my hungry ungry hippo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I use Resta and Reverser. >.>

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-03-26 03:53, Tra wrote:
this is what I did when Dulk Falkis was first out, it was fun, but my party learned not to die after a couple of rooms = so it didn't really matter.. heh



Yeeah thats what my party did too, but we had 106 deaths http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Midicronica
Mar 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
You know, I pretty much implement all those things you listed into my playstyle already. It would be nice to see more hunters carrying sol atomizers and star atomizers. I find myself searching player shops on my fG for star atomizers because they can be such a help to the other hunters around me when the force is too far away from us to heal or reverser that player.

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
I carry star atomizers, but I rarely ever have to use them as I try to get decent fortetechers in my parties.

Rashiid
Mar 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
i wont mind this, but the entire community thats not on PSOW would http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CyarVictor
Mar 26, 2007, 10:45 AM
I use sols and stars as a cast to heal others. Forces have a lot at hand to deal with especially in large areas like block 3 of Lab plus it's not hard to use a mate when you have 16hp left and the forces in across the field. Next is I'll keep my scapes. Oh and SE4 big guys is not guranteed on first hit. I'd rather trap em with viru and virus G. Another thing is that A, B, and C are way too easy. I need a to be challenege not put to sleep. Most of the fast leveling and what not is coming from the newer players or those who play 24/7. There should be holiday named: "Use Your Head Day" where you don't run straight into enemy attacks. Where people need to lower the price of npc items to be lower than npc price. Where you bring scapes into every mission unless it's stated as a suicide run. Where people do not beg.

Vay
Mar 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
I use sols and stars in the situations that Jackel described.

What this game needs are missions where scapes are disabled, like Bruce. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I rarely die anyway, so doesn't bother me.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-03-26 08:32, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-26 03:53, Tra wrote:
this is what I did when Dulk Falkis was first out, it was fun, but my party learned not to die after a couple of rooms = so it didn't really matter.. heh



Yeeah thats what my party did too, but we had 106 deaths http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif



if you had 106 deaths in one mission you either arent doing something right or you are in a mission that you really shouldnt be attempting to do

CyarVictor
Mar 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
They need more Bruce like missions that are harder. Bruce A is fun even when the cap was 70. I also like the times ones. True, would be good to see missions with scapes locked.

Midicronica
Mar 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-03-26 09:23, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

On 2007-03-26 08:32, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-26 03:53, Tra wrote:
this is what I did when Dulk Falkis was first out, it was fun, but my party learned not to die after a couple of rooms = so it didn't really matter.. heh



Yeeah thats what my party did too, but we had 106 deaths http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif



if you had 106 deaths in one mission you either arent doing something right or you are in a mission that you really shouldnt be attempting to do



We did the mission when it first came out and it was our 1st or 2nd time running it, so were more or less experimenting with the mission. Most the deaths came from the damn Gaozorans and Dulk Fakis, as well. Hell, we were doing it for fun, so who cares!

DamunBM
Mar 26, 2007, 12:35 PM
or you're just really bad at the game...

Balthasar
Mar 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
I can't believe that any of you could refute the point brought forward that exposes the sham that PSU has truly become. With the way scapes are being taken for granted, this game has become the button mashing mess, and race to the top that the creator of this thread pointed out. Scapes are rare finds for a reason, and if this damn haxeta didn't ruin the economy, people would treasure scapes a bit more, and actually learn to play their class to EARN S ranks on missions. MMO's are all about fun, people. Anyone who would rather have our community continue as it is in favor of not having Scapes taken out of NPC shops is just another power leveling noob contributing to the demise of a friendly and fun online community.

If you're one of the people who would be against the economy balancing out, or having scapes taken out of NPC shops altogether to make PSU a more balanced, and fun, skill based action RPG, then you're probably just some thirteen year old kid using a game to fufill your need for dominance that your parents don't allow you to have when they put you to bed at 8:30. You're the same kid who will shoot up your school in five years when they take the servers offline because you have no friends and have nothing left.

...

CyarVictor
Mar 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
I would hate to see scapes removed from the shop. I earn my money just to buy them for S ranks. And when someone on the team needs one, I will sacrafice one or two for them. I have yet to hold 10, usually I hold 2-3 because of costs.I find it funny when people charge 6-9k for a scape when I can go to npc for 5k each. That or I will make them. Even being on the 360 without haxeta, I would like to see the economy balance out. With all the platforms(pc/ps2/360), it's the little kids and new players who overcharge because they see all of us older players(been here since the start/worked for our meseta) with all this meseta and think we will pay for a ridiculous price. That and those newbs who have millions and pay for a ridiculous price thus causing all items to skyrocket.

I'd really like to see more people have fun at this game than a party of silent mother *bleepers* thinking it has to be done like the book says or you can't have fun or you will be booted. I mean, you can play this game seriously yet have fun. I'd like to see more people who work as a team, being friendly with one another than most of these selfish, begging little turds that run around uni1-3. PSU is a community.

Tengoku
Mar 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-03-26 10:36, Balthasar wrote:
I can't believe that any of you could refute the point brought forward that exposes the sham that PSU has truly become. With the way scapes are being taken for granted, this game has become the button mashing mess, and race to the top that the creator of this thread pointed out. Scapes are rare finds for a reason, and if this damn haxeta didn't ruin the economy, people would treasure scapes a bit more, and actually learn to play their class to EARN S ranks on missions. MMO's are all about fun, people. Anyone who would rather have our community continue as it is in favor of not having Scapes taken out of NPC shops is just another power leveling noob contributing to the demise of a friendly and fun online community.

If you're one of the people who would be against the economy balancing out, or having scapes taken out of NPC shops altogether to make PSU a more balanced, and fun, skill based action RPG, then you're probably just some thirteen year old kid using a game to fufill your need for dominance that your parents don't allow you to have when they put you to bed at 8:30. You're the same kid who will shoot up your school in five years when they take the servers offline because you have no friends and have nothing left.
Ah, so THIS is what an R-tard looks like. I'd always heard of them, but never seen one.

Let me get this right: just because the OP doesn't like scape dolls and I disagree with his opinions, you think I should sell my house, sell my car, get rid of my guns, stop drinking, stop working, erase my time in the military, stop loving my parents, move back in with them, and become like you? No thanks man. Some of us have already grown up and moved past the angry fist-waving temper-tantrum reaction stage when someone says "I think you're wrong". Grow up, doofus.

Care to try again and actually post something substantial? You know, maybe, thinking before you post? It's worth a try.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 26, 2007, 02:02 PM
I have an idea, everyone that wants to play without scapes... go to universe 8, those who want to play with scapes, go anywhere else.... problem solved!

THE JACKEL

sakodea
Mar 26, 2007, 04:56 PM
ok ur pretty dumb if u seriously expect people to drop their scapes and not use em, because in PSO there wasn't a reward people were going for so it didn't matter as much if they died, they just had to walk back through to where they died, but in psu u lose money and MP if u die without a scape, so thats why people have 10 scapes all the time and no one ever gets to use moons...dumb people i tell ya..seriously....

Balthasar
Mar 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-03-26 11:48, Tengoku wrote:
Some of us have already grown up and moved past the angry fist-waving temper-tantrum reaction stage when someone says "I think you're wrong". Grow up, doofus.
Care to try again and actually post something substantial? You know, maybe, thinking before you post? It's worth a try.


Maybe you're right, Tengoku. The innernets are serious business, and I should be sure to attach that obligatory, "LOL J/K GUYZ" whenever I post a jokingly absurdly angry post for a laugh. However, I must say that I loved this part:

"you think I should sell my house, sell my car, get rid of my guns, stop drinking, stop working, erase my time in the military, stop loving my parents, move back in with them, and become like you?"

WOW...just...wow...hahaha. I guess I'll get back to being the unemployed loser living at home who hates his country and parents because he thinks haxeta and scapes have made PSU a bit less fun overall. Thanks for the laughs, Tengoku.

pikachief
Mar 26, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:27, Ether wrote:
Everyone in this topic missed the point




i know they didd >.> ITS ONE DAY! WHO CARES ITS A GAME AND YADDA YADDA YADDA!

oh and the first time i did dulk fakis i counted my own deaths and it was about 6...

i kept asking everyone y they kept dying so much and they said CUZ ITS HARD!!! i just shrugged and kept going http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

the first form has onyl killed me twice out of like 10 runz XD

Syl
Mar 26, 2007, 05:27 PM
I only died once in Fakis last night, and only cause I was typing something for the meteor lol

sakodea
Mar 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
yeah lmao the first form is easy! its the second form that gets ya, why dont'cha tell us how many u got with the 1st AND 2nd form together in 10 runs? (only if ur able to fight the 2nd form) of course lol

pikachief
Mar 26, 2007, 05:30 PM
probably about 12..... the most teh second form has killed me is about 4 i think

Tengoku
Mar 26, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-03-26 15:21, Balthasar wrote:
WOW...just...wow...hahaha. I guess I'll get back to being the unemployed loser living at home who hates his country and parents because he thinks haxeta and scapes have made PSU a bit less fun overall. Thanks for the laughs, Tengoku.
Oh! You weren't telling us about yourself then? Well, my apologies. It sure sounded like you were a little too familiar with the whole thing to be doing anything other than projecting. Who knew?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_innocent.gif



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tengoku on 2007-03-26 16:29 ]</font>

Helly
Mar 26, 2007, 06:16 PM
I remember when back when I used to have a full PM, inventory and common box full of scapes + lotsa materials to make my own. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I miss them..... So I'll join in and not use 'em for a day! It's more fun living virtual life on the edge!

Mystil
Mar 26, 2007, 06:24 PM
I'd like to maintain my streak of never seeing true death.

Balthasar
Mar 26, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-03-26 15:45, Tengoku wrote:
Oh! You weren't telling us about yourself then? Well, my apologies. It sure sounded like you were a little too familiar with the whole thing to be doing anything other than projecting. Who knew?

What can I say, I did a great job in that second paragraph of my original post.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2007, 09:17 PM
Look at it this way:


Most players suck. Taking away Scape Dolls is not going to make them suck less, it will only make it easier for them to fuck up your mission.

GreenArcher
Mar 27, 2007, 12:36 AM
Many response to this thread completely prove one point:

This game has turned to a grind fest. I MUST get to level 80. I MUST get that S rank. I MUST do this as fast as possible. I am guilty to this as well. And now looking back on it, I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle. Now at level 80 I've slowed down obviously, and guess what, I'm having ALOT of fun messing around. Occational hunt/bullet leveling. Call a planet tour, or a Guhral tour. There's a lot to do in this game other than Crimson Beast or Lab

EphekZ
Mar 27, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-03-26 22:36, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Many response to this thread completely prove one point:

This game has turned to a grind fest. I MUST get to level 80. I MUST get that S rank. I MUST do this as fast as possible. I am guilty to this as well. And now looking back on it, I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle. Now at level 80 I've slowed down obviously, and guess what, I'm having ALOT of fun messing around. Occational hunt/bullet leveling. Call a planet tour, or a Guhral tour. There's a lot to do in this game other than Crimson Beast or Lab

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 12:40 AM
I've yet to do Crimson Beast, and haven't played Labs in a week.

I'm also only level 70, and have never yet hit the temporary level cap once (I will this time, since we'll be stuck at 80 for at least 3-4 months).



I agree that people focus on the grind too much, but I also don't like people screwing up my missions as a matter of principle.



My point is that bad players are bad whether they have Scape Dolls or not. While it's nice of you to think that it would improve the way people play, it's really quite the pipe dream.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 27, 2007, 12:49 AM
its not really a pipe dream as much as simple logic. People want to s rank. you take away the scape dolls and whole parties start dieing off and getting killed down to c ranks they begin to change and adapt and figure out what a party actually is and begin to actually play as a team. its a good idea...well not so much dropping them but i like the idea of having the ability to block the scape doll use like was mentioned somewhere earlier.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
No, that's not what would happen. You give people too much credit. Most would just go emo and complain on the boards all day long, and then quit.

Turbobrain
Mar 27, 2007, 02:13 AM
Just read the first page.... I was there on those PSO days. PSO had scapes, moons and all the rest. Plus reverser would bring players back to life. The biggest thing though is there was no penalty for dying. It was just annoying! Also on PSU as a lvl 48 Fortetecher(3) it is tough getting PA frags without scapes now as I am soloing a lot for Easter rappies!

GreenArcher
Mar 27, 2007, 08:51 AM
No, this day would work if executed correctly

R-Tard: Omfg I m so gewd i dun need scapesszz!1!!1.
* He goes and dies 50+ times *
* He gets his scapes backs and continues playing like a retard*
Now other people who have put their scapes away are joining his party
R-tard: Hm, maybe i shuld try taemwork so i can get all mah [email protected][email protected]!

Idk, that's one way it could happen

The idea behind this is potentially to knock some sense into 9/10 players



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-03-27 06:56 ]</font>

Zero-mx
Mar 27, 2007, 08:57 AM
I think its a good idea... with the right team. If you have a good team (in which almost all of mine are gone...) you can focus more on team playing with no scapes. I think that would be a good idea.

GreenArcher
Mar 27, 2007, 06:22 PM
Bump..

Partcipate in this wonderful holiday! ^_^;;

VanHalen
Mar 27, 2007, 06:29 PM
Green_Archer. I already did the world tour thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Best idea I ever had. I did it when the De ragnus mission came out. Anywho I regret I shown a friend Crimson Beast. I had so much fun my first run that I wanted some friends to join me. After that I keep getting 15 messages about "Crimson A?" "Let's do Crimson A." "Crimson A". I can only do so much of a mission at a time no matter how big the reward.

Anyway I hope I can partake in this. Can I party with you? I can't do any of them S2 missions but I want someone to do this with.

EDIT: btw when my friends and I got to de ragnus, this Fortetecher ran out of scapes and we laughed since de ragnus basically kicked him and killed him in one hit. And then everyone died and we didn't care since we were having a good time. I never knew what De ragnus gives on A though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-27 16:38 ]</font>

SirDeimos
Mar 27, 2007, 06:33 PM
Sounds like fun, i also agree take scapes outta the npc shops make people work for their s ranks anyone can run in with 9 scapes and get an S it takes actual teamwork to do that with a full team and no scapes, personally i do use stars and sols, when the Force gets stuned someone needs to do something not just stand there and watch him get megided http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 07:16 PM
Taking Scapes out of the NPC shop is a bad idea. There are missions in which you will die. Be as careful as you want, but you will die.

Take Labs S2 for example. You can be super careful and try to avoid every attack, but sooner or later, a Jarba is going to lag warp to right behind you and Megid you while you're healing someone, and you won't be able to get out of the way. There's a reason the reward for Labs S2 is so high: it pays for 3 Dolls per run, with still a little left over, because you could reasonably use at least 2 in a run, if not more.

Sure, it's possible to never die at all in Labs S2, but it's impossible to play effectively and avoid death at the same time.

Chaobo99
Mar 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
Im a fortetecher but everytime i switch to some other class..I spam stars and sols

Tengoku
Mar 27, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-03-26 22:36, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Many response to this thread completely prove one point:

This game has turned to a grind fest. I MUST get to level 80. I MUST get that S rank. I MUST do this as fast as possible. I am guilty to this as well. And now looking back on it, I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle. Now at level 80 I've slowed down obviously, and guess what, I'm having ALOT of fun messing around. Occational hunt/bullet leveling. Call a planet tour, or a Guhral tour. There's a lot to do in this game other than Crimson Beast or Lab
There is no such thing as an MMORPG without a grind element. None. Grinding is as much as a part of online RP games as is waiting in the military. As long as advancement is measured in levels, the there will be a grind element.

You're level 80? Great! Awesome! Those of us who want to get there also don't want to screw around at the sub-10 job levels. We'll grind to get there just like you did because that's how it's done. Don't look down on us because you're not there anymore, that's just sad. We want to get to 80 so we can complain about how the game is a grind, how people just want to run the same things, how nobody looks around and smells the roses, just like you.

Still, the phrase "I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle" is possible the stupidist and most condescending thing I have heard in a long time. You regret? YOU REGRET? Fine, delete your character and quit yer bitchin. Holy crap. You get to 80 and suddenly you're the penultimate judge of the proper playstyle merely because you don't have to level anymore? Let me paraphrase what it sounds like to the rest of us: "I can have fun now because I have nothing else to gain from trying, so those who actually are trying are a bunch of desperate morons who don't know how to truly enjoy the game."

Do you even read what you write?

Vay
Mar 27, 2007, 08:14 PM
^ ^ ^ This poster wins. Thanks for taking what's been on my mind about this topic and putting it into the written word.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vay on 2007-03-27 18:15 ]</font>

Soukosa
Mar 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
I think their point was that they regret rushing the game instead of taking it at a more enjoyable pace. There's nothing wrong with grinding up your class type levels or grinding up to a certain level to enjoy missions with friends. It's when you do that and nothing but that that makes things bad. Is this a game or is this a job? Wander off and do some suicide missions every now and then. I'm sure if people did so the community would be a bit nicer.

GreenArcher
Mar 27, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-03-27 17:56, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-03-26 22:36, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Many response to this thread completely prove one point:

This game has turned to a grind fest. I MUST get to level 80. I MUST get that S rank. I MUST do this as fast as possible. I am guilty to this as well. And now looking back on it, I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle. Now at level 80 I've slowed down obviously, and guess what, I'm having ALOT of fun messing around. Occational hunt/bullet leveling. Call a planet tour, or a Guhral tour. There's a lot to do in this game other than Crimson Beast or Lab
There is no such thing as an MMORPG without a grind element. None. Grinding is as much as a part of online RP games as is waiting in the military. As long as advancement is measured in levels, the there will be a grind element.

You're level 80? Great! Awesome! Those of us who want to get there also don't want to screw around at the sub-10 job levels. We'll grind to get there just like you did because that's how it's done. Don't look down on us because you're not there anymore, that's just sad. We want to get to 80 so we can complain about how the game is a grind, how people just want to run the same things, how nobody looks around and smells the roses, just like you.

Still, the phrase "I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle" is possible the stupidist and most condescending thing I have heard in a long time. You regret? YOU REGRET? Fine, delete your character and quit yer bitchin. Holy crap. You get to 80 and suddenly you're the penultimate judge of the proper playstyle merely because you don't have to level anymore? Let me paraphrase what it sounds like to the rest of us: "I can have fun now because I have nothing else to gain from trying, so those who actually are trying are a bunch of desperate morons who don't know how to truly enjoy the game."

Do you even read what you write?



Bitching? Seems a lot of that is being directed at me just at the prospect of getting your S rank.

Used the wrong figure of speech, I'm not looking down on anyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-03-27 20:01 ]</font>

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 27, 2007, 09:57 PM
Does anyone remember when this topic wasn't stupid?

PJ
Mar 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
This topic has always been stupid.

Turbobrain
Mar 28, 2007, 01:42 AM
I must admit I enjoy working for my level ups. One of the reasons I don't play Guild Wars much anymore is because of the low level cap.

On PS it has always been a central feature. On PSO at the time I don't remmember a game that SUPPORTED level ups till 200.

Also yesterday I had one of the best team runs ever on Crimson. We wanted to level up yeah.... but had great fun doing it!

That`s what it's all about at the end of the day.

Jasam
Mar 28, 2007, 12:17 PM
I personly don't think I ever payed much attemtion to deaths in a party...
Although I never got to the later S rank missions, I had a rule of playing for fun, which ment friends online (no stuipd pick up and grind pts of S rank or doom), don't worry about scapes to much (If we bothered to take more then one at all), if the ranks a C... who cares...

The games about having fun, not an ego trip.
I miss PSO, death didn't turn people into whiney grumps (save the missins where you were ranked like TTF or gallons Trech... irnoic)

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-03-28 10:17, Jasam wrote:
The games about having fun, not an ego trip.
I miss PSO, death didn't turn people into whiney grumps (save the missins where you were ranked like TTF or gallons Trech... irnoic)




Unless you played v1, in which case death could turn you into the whiniest grump around.

MayLee
Mar 28, 2007, 12:24 PM
All your omega accids are belonging to me. >.>

Reginaldo
Mar 28, 2007, 06:17 PM
Let's see how I can destroy this topic.

1. You're thinking about yourselves as was mentioned before. So what if you don't need MP because "we'll reach class 10 by level 80?" Ever think that people are leveling more then one class per character? I know that's something I'm trying to do so every bit of MP I do get does count for alot.

2. Last time I checked the "fundamentals" of this game was to obtain S ranks in missions, in order to profit more in the time you spent playing missions. So tell me what our insurance is against not profiting as much as we can? Right, scape dolls. You're telling everyone to risk wasting their time in missions basically because for some weird reason, you think dying is more fun then obtaining ultimate PA's and making more meseta.

3. There is no number 3, if you want to enjoy PSO fundamentals, go play PSO. If you get off in pretending that PSU is PSO, then play somewhere where you won't piss people off from messing up their S ranks. So what if this game isn't that hard to the point where you don't need scape dolls in every mission, better safe then sorry.

Go drive a car without insurance,

Also, I have new characters as well, and you must be doing something wrong because I'm raising a protranser and I haven't had to use as many items as you claimed to of have, though I'm sure you overexaggerated it to make people feel bad. I see alot of C, B, and A ranks games open as well. Also, I see more people play the way you say you want them to play then those who don't use Sol's, SE4, etc.

This topic is almost as bad as all of the "OMG FIGHGUNNERS ONLY USE DOUBLE SABERS WTF" topics. The logic of why that is such a asinine statement to make would take me too many posts to type out.

You must have some really bad luck I guess.

Just because using scapes isn't fun for you it doesn't mean you are correct about what is right and wrong in this game.

I work full-time, I don't have time to get C-A ranks on missions when I have about 12 more ultimate PA's I want. If you do then more power to you.

On 3/31 I'm going to buy 500k worth of scapes and give them away for free as tribute to your lack of an actual good reason to not use scapes.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reginaldo on 2007-03-28 16:21 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Mar 28, 2007, 06:48 PM
Those are rough estimates.

I didn't even mention PSO. This game is way better than PSO in my opinion :

Anyway, you clearly seemed to have miss one of the few points I tried to bring across.

People weren't meant to be carrying around 10 scapes and replenishing missing ones whenever they were used. Inflation changed that. With 10 scapes and an endless supply within a minute's walk, why bother trying? Why bother supporting? Why bother doing your job? Why bother avoiding death? Why bother helping out your buddy five feet away you who is frozen in the middle of threre Jarbas? Why bother doing anything accept spastically pressing that button for [Tornado Dance] as fast as you possibly can?

FFS, that can only be fun for so long.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-03-28 16:49 ]</font>

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-03-28 16:48, Green_Archer3 wrote:
People weren't meant to be carrying around 10 scapes and replenishing missing ones whenever they were used. Inflation changed that. With 10 scapes and an endless supply within a minute's walk, why bother trying? Why bother supporting? Why bother doing your job? Why bother avoiding death? Why bother helping out your buddy five feet away you who is frozen in the middle of threre Jarbas? Why bother doing anything accept spastically pressing that button for [Tornado Dance] as fast as you possibly can?

If I wanted to know how to over generalize, I'd ask.

GreenArcher
Mar 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
If I wanted posts not contributing at all to the topic, I'd ask

DurakkenX
Mar 29, 2007, 12:58 PM
has anyone even checked to see if moons have been fixed so if used they don't cause point lose since they said they "fixed" it?

CyarVictor
Mar 29, 2007, 01:02 PM
Alot of scapes can be found in a mission at times. other than that, people run many missions with high meseta output. others manage to use boards and make their own scapes.

Why bother? Because it's about team work, it's about doing your job, it's about keeping a good rep so that people know they can rely on you to help them out. It's about showing how good of a player you are by helping the team and not knocking every enemy to hell. Who cares if you have a few or 10 million scapes. i doubt there are people who will just throw them away like trash just because they can afford to replenish their supplies. It shows how bad you are if you continually die even with scapes from lesser enemies or poor attack patterns. Yea, running straight into dambarta's really smart. Let's all do that. hey, why not play megid catch. No one would do that even with infinite scapes because no one wants to show themselves dying from something you can avoid. You help a buddy whos frozen to show that you are needed, to show that you can assist the team and will be called upon later more and more. if you don't help a buddy who's frozen as a techer, no one will want you to run with them eventually, especially if you're in a party who can clean house efficiently with lots of profit made on each run. That's why.




<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-29 11:04 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Mar 29, 2007, 01:07 PM
My point is that here on the PS2/PC, most arent' doing that. Those were rhetoric questions lol

CyarVictor
Mar 29, 2007, 01:14 PM
Not to offend pc/ps2 players, but i'd hate to play there. I mean, this game was designed to play as a team, as a community. Not to a bunch of selfish mother f-ers who care only for themselves. And I know we have the same problem here too. It should a day where we all play as a whole, not some little loser thinking thinking of how big their e-penis is. Rather a day where you actually play this game how it should be.
Sorry about misunderstanding your original post. That's the one thing that driving me away from playing this game: losers who beg, cannot paly without haxeta, who won't work for themselves or the team, too lazy and jack up prices even on the 360. it's on all platforms that this happens. Play the game as a team as a group of people not a loner who thinks they're the shit where in reality this game is all they have.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-29 11:15 ]</font>


<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-29 11:15 ]</font>

queenofpso
Mar 29, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-03-25 11:02, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-03-25 08:45, Green_Archer3 wrote
Most of all: I WANT TO SEE SOME A, B, AND C RANKS

Start joining missions later. Problem solved.

OR

Stop worrying about what others do and just play the bloody game. Problem solved.





Amen Sister friend

Reginaldo
Mar 29, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-03-28 16:48, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Those are rough estimates.

I didn't even mention PSO. This game is way better than PSO in my opinion :

Anyway, you clearly seemed to have miss one of the few points I tried to bring across.

People weren't meant to be carrying around 10 scapes and replenishing missing ones whenever they were used. Inflation changed that. With 10 scapes and an endless supply within a minute's walk, why bother trying? Why bother supporting? Why bother doing your job? Why bother avoiding death? Why bother helping out your buddy five feet away you who is frozen in the middle of threre Jarbas? Why bother doing anything accept spastically pressing that button for [Tornado Dance] as fast as you possibly can?

FFS, that can only be fun for so long.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-03-28 16:49 ]</font>



First of all, stop generalizing. You try to make it seem that 90% of players just commit suicide in missions because they can buy more scapes. Stop overexaggerating.

Secondly, I don't see what point I missed. In a game where there is a player controlled economy, inflation was bound to happen. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Granted, it happened alot sooner then it should of due to the haxeta, but I had made millions back in the beginning of November because I bothered to S rank everything and managed my shop fairly well.

Last time I checked, I haven't heard any 360 players complaining about not having enough cash for scapes. Don't you think that if Sega placed Scape Dolls in the NPC shop's then quite possibly we are supposed to buy as many as we can get? Even taking haxeta out of the picture, the economy would of reached the point by now where Scapes would be easy to buy. Just look at Japan.

Also by your standards you basically just said there was no point in playing PSO ever since it doesn't matter if you die or not so why bother.

Why don't you answer this for me since you seem to believe you have all your ends covered in this topic of conversation:

Why do we bother to do any of this in a game that has no ending to it? Also, if there is not conclusion to this game, why does it matter how other people play since collectively this all amounts to nothing. Nobody is being ranked on skill so of course nobody is going to try their best to have the best abilities in this game.

Do people S ranking missions really offend you this much? Is it stopping you from getting off on being able to use Moon Atomizers?

It can only be fun for so long? How did PSO last as long as it did then? That game took even less skill.

The point you are trying to bring across is invalid. The point of the game is to not die, so everybody is doing the right thing by insuring themselves with scapes.

I'm going out for my birthday, later.

xennec
Mar 29, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-03-27 17:56, Tengoku wrote:
There is no such thing as an MMORPG without a grind element. None. Grinding is as much as a part of online RP games as is waiting in the military. As long as advancement is measured in levels, the there will be a grind element.

You're level 80? Great! Awesome! Those of us who want to get there also don't want to screw around at the sub-10 job levels. We'll grind to get there just like you did because that's how it's done. Don't look down on us because you're not there anymore, that's just sad. We want to get to 80 so we can complain about how the game is a grind, how people just want to run the same things, how nobody looks around and smells the roses, just like you.

Still, the phrase "I regret that I stooped down to that playstyle" is possible the stupidist and most condescending thing I have heard in a long time. You regret? YOU REGRET? Fine, delete your character and quit yer bitchin. Holy crap. You get to 80 and suddenly you're the penultimate judge of the proper playstyle merely because you don't have to level anymore? Let me paraphrase what it sounds like to the rest of us: "I can have fun now because I have nothing else to gain from trying, so those who actually are trying are a bunch of desperate morons who don't know how to truly enjoy the game."

Do you even read what you write?


ditto. For those of us who dont't have endless time to devote to this game, I'll give you a reason why we don't want this to happen. When people have jobs, school, and other time consuming activities, they don't have time to power level their level and job. I have been playing since day 2 and my highest level character is lvl 46. While most characters levels are either 60+ or below 30, those of us inbetween these level ranges have a hard time. When everyone is doing either OMG!!!111!!1 lets go 2 teh S2 mission!, or c and b rank missions, there is not an easy way for us to level. Sure, soloing can be effective for certain classes, but for those that have a low damage output it's not so great. Those of us at mid levels NEED scapes to get through S and some A rank missions without dying. All we want is to be able to get up to a high level so we can play effectively with higher level characters.

Tengoku
Mar 29, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-03-29 11:14, CyarVictor wrote:
Not to offend pc/ps2 players, but i'd hate to play there. I mean, this game was designed to play as a team, as a community. Not to a bunch of selfish mother f-ers who care only for themselves. And I know we have the same problem here too. It should a day where we all play as a whole, not some little loser thinking thinking of how big their e-penis is. Rather a day where you actually play this game how it should be.

Sorry about misunderstanding your original post. That's the one thing that driving me away from playing this game: losers who beg, cannot paly without haxeta, who won't work for themselves or the team, too lazy and jack up prices even on the 360. it's on all platforms that this happens. Play the game as a team as a group of people not a loner who thinks they're the shit where in reality this game is all they have.
You don't play on the servers, yet you're an expert on the community here? Please. Give me an effing break. If you don't really know what you're talking about, then don't make comments that show you don't know what you're talking about. Being a "Me Too" is just stupid, and you look stupid for saying it.

The community on the PC/ PS2 servers is frikking awesome. Sure, there's selfish players, just like there are in the 360 community, but they aren't the majority. Those who play in small, closed groups often think the community is made entirely of selfish jackholes, but when you don't operate outside of your safe and comfy bubble, you never see what the server community is really like. I do nothing but run with random PUGs and I have an awesome time. Rarely do I meet someone I could call moronic or selfish. If I do, I leave the group and try again, or I see if I can deal with their "issues" and stay with the group. I'm flexible enough to realize that I'm not the most important person in the game, and that the person being an A-hole might be a cool person having an off day.

Don't pretend you can judge a community by the words of a small spoiled group of people who do nothing but complain bitterly about everything. Your source is a flawed and bitter, but extremly vocal minority, and should be ignored as such.

Is the PC/ PS2 server experience perfect? Not in the slightest. Is it as horriffic and terrible as they say? Not in the slightest. Take it from someone who doesn't have the luxury of a clique to run with, things are no where near as bad as they say it is. It's actually kinda nice here and I like it lots. There's plenty of awesome people running running on the server, it's just that awesome people having a good time tend not to post on forums and bitch about how bad it is.