PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Striking weapon deflation

jayster
Mar 25, 2007, 11:35 AM
Just started synthing 9* weapons. 165k for the board, 60k average for each synth between materials I found and have to buy( player shops and ncp shops since ncp is usually cheaper than player). Then around a 50ish % synthing chance.

The problem isn't money spent making them, its money made saling them. For the money I have to dish out for 3 uncertain chances of sucess, I should not be making only 200k-250k each. Altogether I spend around 350k and I only make money back if I'm able to successfully syth 2.

Now what I don't understand is why the price of 9* striking weapons is so much cheaper than 9* range weapons( deathmakers for example sell 350k+). Once in a while I'd like to keep one of the weapons I synth but I almost have to sell them all to try and break even. I search player shops for cheaper synth materials but I may get lucky once and a while and find 500 meseta off a meterial. If weapon sales are cheaper then the materials need to be cheaper too. I may just have to reset my pm, create a ranged and buy the weapons I want from shops instead of synthing them myself.

CoSine
Mar 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
It's because the hunters that make the most of the weapon because they want the higher percentages and sell away the lowers ones. (usually the 10 to lower 20s).
While on the other hand, on a 100 range PM, a 9* star I WILL guarantee you the synth rate is not at 49%. (It's much lower). And in addition, once you make a the weapon you want, it doesn't have the percentage, and thus you don't need to make more, because it is the bullet PA lvl that determines the additional percent damage.
The same goes for the rods and wands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CoSine on 2007-03-25 11:03 ]</font>

Sekani
Mar 25, 2007, 01:04 PM
Still doesn't explain why the average shop prices of ranged and caster weapons are well above NPC price.

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-03-25 09:35, jayster wrote:
If weapon sales are cheaper then the materials need to be cheaper too. I may just have to reset my pm, create a ranged and buy the weapons I want from shops instead of synthing them myself.
It's far cheaper to keep synthing weapons looking for a +20% and higher elemental weapon than it ever will be to buy it. You think ranged weapons are expensive? Go price some high percentage elemental weapons and see where the real money goes.

Stick with your pure striking PM, you'll be happier in the long run. After all, the long run is what it's all about anyways.

Yuicihi
Mar 25, 2007, 01:07 PM
On 2007-03-25 11:04, Sekani wrote:
Still doesn't explain why the average shop prices of ranged and caster weapons are well above NPC price.

Here, I'll explain.
Go to Uni 1. Idle in a chair for an hour or two, but watch.

The 360 community can. That's the simple reason.

pokefiend
Mar 25, 2007, 01:26 PM
Range PMs are nothing to write home about. My 100 range pm, "Oakly" can synth 8* mechguns w/ only a 54% success rate. I've already failed at two attempts. now I'm about to check if my third succeeded, and if this fails I'll be down about 140k. ;_; I'm just lucky that I'm finding most of these materials, instead of buying them from overpriced player shops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-03-25 11:29 ]</font>

Jey
Mar 25, 2007, 02:14 PM
It's gambling.

People will mass-synth (or just synth... usually en masse though) hoping for that super-rare high percent melee weapon, and sell the weaker stuff at a loss to make room and salvage a little meseta, then sell the slightly better stuff at huge "profit".

With ranged/force weapons, there is no synthing variety, so people sell at what I suppose is barely break-even.

Fulgore
Mar 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
I only wish this had started when I needed to make my Striking PM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jayster
Mar 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
lol i guess im making weapons for low percents to keep and sell the high ones. I just wish it wasnt such a risk o_O

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-03-25 15:32, jayster wrote:
lol i guess im making weapons for low percents to keep and sell the high ones. I just wish it wasnt such a risk o_O
Keep a few of the high ones for yourself!

Laonex954x
Mar 25, 2007, 09:11 PM
whe you think about it your spending 350k for all 3 of the weapons...comsidereing you make a couple desent %'s and make say 2 thats 400k atleast...its only 50k profit but in the long run if you make a 44% to 50% your set for alot more synth's or flat out cash...synthing is a risk you must be willing to take

the other day i synthed jitseens and one came out 50% light of course i had the materials in the first place but it would have payed for the board and all if i had bought them

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-03-25 11:07, Yuicihi wrote:

On 2007-03-25 11:04, Sekani wrote:

Here, I'll explain.
Go to Uni 1. Idle in a chair for an hour or two, but watch.

The 360 community can. That's the simple reason.

qft