PDA

View Full Version : How do hunters fight Dulk Fakis?

Zorafim
Mar 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
I can't get close to him without being killed. The only time he's open to melee attacks is just before an attack that can take out seemingly 5k health. Is there any way not to be a moon eater here?

Candor
Mar 25, 2007, 02:18 PM
use a handgun jk jk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

ashley50
Mar 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
uhm...use Hit n' Run tactics...that's what i did when I fight DF as a FighGunner...there are also some attack animations that should be avoided at all costs...after doing your combo run away and wait for it XD.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 25, 2007, 02:26 PM
Carefully.

Neith
Mar 25, 2007, 02:46 PM
I assume you mean his final phase?

Pile into his face when he's upside down (Olga Flow style http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ). For the rest of the fight, there's not a great deal you can do, seeing as his entire tail section is melee-resistant.

The fire attack he does at close range is devastating if you're nearby, so try to minimize the time spent near him. Sounds stupid, but Hunters get owned faster if they're nearby.

I used the first Claw PA (Shousen Totsuzan-ga) on his face when he went upside down, and pecked at him with a Handgun mainly. It's a hard fight, not made easier by the fact he's resistant to just about everything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I don't think Handguns can reach his face when he's the right way up, so I guess you could shoot/melee the tail when he's like that. Not that you'll do much, but it's better than nothing, heh.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2007, 02:52 PM
Pick your skills carefully. I'm fond of Assault Crush for Fakis myself. It's powerful, but more importantly, it executes quickly so when you see something big coming, I won't be suck in mid PA. Heck, the last movement can be used as an escape.

Oh, and dark armor. Definitely dark armor. I use 20% with a Rainbow unit. I can stand through two ticks of the Olga imitation before eating dirt with it on.

Mayu
Mar 25, 2007, 02:55 PM
Spear and hit and run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

pikachief
Mar 25, 2007, 03:11 PM
thats why my ranger ALWAYS does that mission and my hunter NEVER does that mission XD

omegapirate2k
Mar 25, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-03-25 12:26, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Carefully.

I was going to post that exact same thing >_>

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:13, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-25 12:26, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Carefully.

I was going to post that exact same thing >_>

I wanted to as well...

CyarVictor
Mar 25, 2007, 05:26 PM
Go for his face when he's upside down and go for the tail other wise. I love fighting him whehn I'm in fortefighter mode. He's not that hard considering fF's hp and dfp. And I would fight in a party. The only part that's annoying is when he's coiling around like a snake.

MomoHana
Mar 25, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-03-25 13:11, pikachief wrote:
thats why my ranger ALWAYS does that mission and my hunter NEVER does that mission XD

And forces are NEITHER because they don't want to be stuck Resta Spamming, nya~

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2007, 05:58 PM
make sure u use hit and run, and some combos like gravity strike, are a d-o-n-'-t because to do enough damage to actually win within an hour is to do the whole combo, but once you start the second half- he probably starts an attack at the same time, meaning you going to be looking through a dark tunnel into a little ball of light soon enough. this message was brought to you by the-DONT USE GRAVITY STRIKE ON DULK FAKIS! foundation- and brought to you by a computer. =)

DikkyRay
Mar 25, 2007, 06:03 PM
I tend to cook him medium- medium rare...
oh how you FIGHT him.
I tend to use dus daggas to get a few hits on, then run away...rinse wash repeat

SStrikerR
Mar 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
ur not funny you know? notice how ur name is DIKKYray? more like D***ray

RadiantLegend
Mar 25, 2007, 06:21 PM
Spinning break / Robato any part of his tail. Melee resistant? Sure, im a fortefigher, taking pain is what i do best. RAWR!!!

Mr-Tiddles
Mar 26, 2007, 05:03 AM
If ur a level 20+ beast make sure u have the Invincibily Nano Blast save it up through the level and use it on him, I havent fought him before but thats what I would do.

hainsaw3
Mar 26, 2007, 05:43 AM
With swords?

ne1first
Mar 26, 2007, 05:49 AM
Hmmm. 50% dark armor. Hit him with dus Daggas on his body (not the tail), you can just about reach him. when he goes upside down, nanoblast (red form) and own him

Rashiid
Mar 26, 2007, 10:22 AM
On 2007-03-26 03:49, ne1first wrote:
Hmmm. 50% dark armor.

yes!! 50% dark armor!!!

next question: how do i get 5mil?

Suz
Mar 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
Alright. Personaly, the first time I fought Fakis on S, it was me, and my other friend. Took us about 2 hours to get there, and a 40minute boss fight. During that fight, I saw alot of his attacks at certain points.

(The upside down move) Alright. Alot of people are posting here that this is the best time to hit him. If you're fF, ignore this next part. Since you don't really have high atp like fF's do, that's probably the most vital time to strike him and get in good damage. I used the first twin dagger PA (Renkai Buyouzan I think it's called?) since it's fast and has AoE.

But, there's a somewhat downfall to that "flipside"move. Sure hes open to attack right there, but. If you're not careful and don't pay attention to his WHOLE body, you might miss out on his attack animation into a body slam. If he gets you there, you're stunned, then he either "grinds" on the floor next to you, or he shoots those virus missles thing that pretty much KO's anyone under 70 as soon as you get hit due to the fact that once one hit you, ALL of them hit you.

fFs are great in close range combat, but since Fakis doesn't let anyone really "get to know him better" it's best if you use a handgun or two.

During the attack phase where his "tail" (yeah right >_>) is lancing at you, where most Ffs fight Fakis, To simply take no damage, and do basicly the same ammount of damage, go to one of the sides of his tail and head to the edge of the platform. go in first person and shoot at his face to do aroun 200-300dmg (lvl 70 fg10. Dunno the other classes) While he lances out at all the other people as they take damage, you off to the side shooting him in the face safely and not getting scratched.

As for the Meteor attack that K.O.'s alot of people, there's not much help you can do to that since it's based on your stats.But, in case you know you can survive JUST enough to heal again and continue fighting, this is what you can do. Before he starts the attack, he rains mini metors on you. If any of these hit anyone, you get stunned and can't move. then the meteor comes and you're at 1/3 health and you're a gonner. But! You CAN dodge this move (I think most people know how) but when the meteors start to fall, they fall in the area where everyone's usualy all bunched up at. When you see him "summoning" to do the meteors, one of two things MAY happen:

1. You get hit, and stunned, meteor comes, you die.

2. SOME people get hit and get stunned, while the other people who avoided it Sol ato the stunned people and mass spread heals and defbardies long before the meteor comes in and everyone takes minimal damage. Continue the fight and win eventually.

It's pretty true that hit and run tactics DO work, but it takes a bit longer if you guys form togeter and fight with tactics. :P Most of the Fakis S partys i've been in, the Meleers all fly into battle all "lone wolf" style. course they run in, and get owned. The rangers I saw fight stand in one spot, I guess in firstperson, total oblivious that they're about to get "tail" slapped. Forces see the meleers and rangers take damage, so theyre all around the battle feild trying to heal. But... putting a force in the front lines where all the damage is flying about, they get killed too. x_x;; All in the while i'm off to the side, CLOSER to Fakis than the fighters are, with dual handguns or a single one, bustin' caps all up in his grill. These are just my own personal experiences, i'm sure the rest of you have had better partys, i'm just saying this is what i've seen happen countless times.

Some people need to learn that strategy IS a part of this game. you can't just rush into battle and wing it like most people do on here. You need to plan things out, form a pattern that's similar to counter act enemies attack patterns.

Or... you can totaly not read what's up there ^ and just bring scapes and heals like it's no ones business. XD (Sorry if this annoys or makes anyone mad at me. These are just strategies and experiences based on what I've been through. But this seems to me that this is a good tactical way to take out Fakis S.)