PDA

View Full Version : guntecher or fighgunner?

xennec
Mar 25, 2007, 06:51 PM
I would like for people to post their opinions about both classes here because I am a lvl 45 beast and can't decide which I should play as. Before anyone says bad things about beast guntecher, let me say something. Yes, beast guntecher has less ATA than other classes, but this is made up for in their ATP, so when they hit, they do more damage. Their ATA is still high enough, however, to rarely miss. I have played as both classes and love playing as both of them. I like guntecher for having cards, bows, and resta. I like fighgunner for twin dagger and dbl saber. I like playing as a gt because cards are extremely fun to use, and I can heal myself, but I miss being able to run into a room and beat everything down.

Can anyone help me with this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-03-25 19:43 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Mar 25, 2007, 06:57 PM
woo boy.
Smell that? Its smoke. We are going to have a very Big flame war in here.
But seeing as you are a beast, i say fighgunner. Beasts typically have low MST (or w/e the hell its called here) So it would be a waste. Being a Figh would be beneficial because you can do massive amounts of damage

Tengoku
Mar 25, 2007, 06:58 PM
If you had to pick one job and never change again, which job would you rather do? Sure, they're both fun, but they both play very differently. Look at it that way. Pick one and roll with it. It'll save you money and heartache.

I'd say guntecher, just for the sheer versatility. But neither class sucks in the slightest. Both classes are good, so either pick won't be the wrong one.

YMMV.

BeatZero
Mar 25, 2007, 08:15 PM
Do both? I capped Fighgunner and love the job, I've started Guntecher and like it too, both of them are excellent jobs with pros and cons.

NPCMook
Mar 25, 2007, 08:15 PM
Well seeing as both are completely different play styles...

Fighgunner is more offense, attacking wildly and as quickly as you can to kill as many enemies as you can

Guntecher is all about support, Tagging all the enemies with SEs is your top concern, Healing/buffing is your second and Damage dealing is your third

So your call...

Personally as a Guntecher I enjoy it

First obstacle to overcome is choosing either Rifle or Bow as your Main SE tagger

Second is getting the PAs up to at least SE4

Miyoko
Mar 25, 2007, 08:32 PM
Fighgunner.

The beasts' ATA penalty in regards to being a ranger is more impactful than you think. They may have more ATP to land bigger hits when the hits actually connect, but, a fortegunner / guntechter's damage comes from Status Effects, not connecting damage. Thus, ATA is more important for extended damage.

NPCMook
Mar 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
Except ATA doesn't effect our SEs sticking or not... or I missed a post-it note about it o.o;

ShadowDragon28
Mar 25, 2007, 08:39 PM
please please for the love of....

No more yadda yadda versus blah blah arguments. Please?

xennec
Mar 25, 2007, 08:45 PM
I did not make this post to start an argument, I simply wanted opinions on what people think I should do.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 25, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-03-25 18:39, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
please please for the love of....

No more yadda yadda versus blah blah arguments. Please?

idk i think that the blah vs blah argument are entertaining...especially when people cant support thier arguments and are just bashing senselessly.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 25, 2007, 08:52 PM
bashing is what has been way too much.

With the fighgunner class getting way to much of it. It's not the class that matters so much, it's how the player plays his character that matters.

If he/she plays poorly, it's not his/her class that is "poor", it's that player's method of playing that is lacking.

xennec
Mar 25, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-03-25 18:52, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
bashing is what has been way too much.

With the fighgunner class getting way to much of it. It's not the class that matters so much, it's how the player plays his character that matters.

If he/she plays poorly, it's not his/her class that is "poor", it's that player's method of playing that is lacking.

What does this have to do with the topic?

Sekani
Mar 25, 2007, 09:00 PM
People on these forums have a bad habit of overplaying the "bad side" of certain race/class combinations. In the real world, no one gives a shit.

Fighgunner is an offensive class specializing in "flashy" weapons with decent ranged ability.

Guntecher is a support class specializing in damage and crowd control through negative status effects and debuffs, with the ability to also buff and heal if needed.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 25, 2007, 09:11 PM
idk i play with a fig and he is anything but flashy. its more like blitzkrieg when we solo missions

Miyoko
Mar 25, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-03-25 18:36, NPCMook wrote:
Except ATA doesn't effect our SEs sticking or not... or I missed a post-it note about it o.o;

No no, I mean... The bullet needs to hit the guy in order for the SE to hit. As far as I know, if you're dealing a bunch of zero's to an enemy, you won't see an SE pop up on him. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never noticed an enemy get afflicted by burn after dealing a 0 to him.

And I'm not trying to start a flamewar here, either, I'm just being subjective (objective?) here to point out some weaknessess. There's nothing stopping you fro m going beast guntechter, and if it's fun for you, then by all means, go for it... It's just that there's not much synergy between the class and the race.

NPCMook
Mar 25, 2007, 09:30 PM
I didn't see anyone pulling out matches and some Wood... I saw people with their own opinions. No one said Fighgunner was better than Guntecher, nor Vice Versa...

wow I'm usually the one being told I read out of Context XD

Weeaboolits
Mar 25, 2007, 09:37 PM
I'd say GunTecher, jus' cause it seems like an odd class to play beast, and that's really half the fun isn't it?

NPCMook
Mar 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
Perhaps the OP or a Mod could fix the title to Guntecher OR Fighgunner instead of VS

PJ
Mar 25, 2007, 09:41 PM
I'd say Fighgunner, cause a Beast's specialty is, well, being a hunter.

I enjoy being a hunter as my Beast anyhoo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

xennec
Mar 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-03-25 19:39, NPCMook wrote:
Perhaps the OP or a Mod could fix the title to Guntecher OR Fighgunner instead of VS

done

omegapirate2k
Mar 25, 2007, 09:53 PM
Well, seeing as how I'm already a fighgunner and beasts have awful MST AND ATA, being a guntecher really doesn't seem like a smart move for me XD

PJ
Mar 25, 2007, 09:54 PM
On 2007-03-25 19:53, omegapirate2k wrote:
Well, seeing as how I'm already a fighgunner and beasts have awful MST AND ATA, being a guntecher really doesn't seem like a smart move for me XD

As my evil twin, I'll make YOU do it.

But I suggest the OP to go Fighgunner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(I was randomly looking through the RL picture thread for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

majan
Mar 26, 2007, 09:06 AM
what all those dudes up there was saying about play style---totally right.its totalyl up to how you want to play personally,but if I had to say,definitely steer away from guntecher.why?beasts have garbage ATA.versatility as a guntecher?yeah,but your techincs only go up to level 10,and with the beasts crappy TP stat,its going to be even worse to do that.if you were a cast or human,Id say it to have gun versatility,but its guns that you will not be very efficient with as a beast with the crappy accuracy stats they have(racially).

fighgunner on the other hand is much more melee oriented,which is was beasts do very very well.they have a limited gun choice,but things worth toying/experimenting with.you arent totally reliant on guns,which is the plus.

as guntecher,you will be relying on guns and techs,both of which are the beasts weakest points.

as fighgunner,youll be relying mainly on melee,which is THE strongest point of a beast,and slightly on guns,if you so choose.you can have a perfectly made fighgunner without using any guns at all.I liek twin handguns though so my cast is using them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

good luck,but between you and me,fighgunner is probably better off for a beast-type character.

Alpha-Hunter
Mar 26, 2007, 09:15 AM
II have a cast guntecher who primarily uses dualies and cross/X box. I have a beast hunter lowbie that i'll be making a fighgunner. that's just how i wanted it to be. feels like the best combo...

-Rune-
Mar 26, 2007, 09:29 AM
something tells to ignore all the posts between the OP and myself so if this was said oh well lol. I was a full-time *heh full-time* Fighgunner. It was an extremely fun class to play I loved being able to switch between some hardcore bladed weapons and use traps and respectable range weapons. After I hit 10 though I decided to go GT cause it looked fun.

Now I'm a caseal btw. I LOVE Guntecher, first off because I don't play with any. My team I lead has mainly fighgunners, and I'm the type of person who likes to go their own path. Since I'm a caseal I dun use dmg techs I use support and debuffs and use the long bow as my main damager. I usually out damage a lot of player but overall that's not what it's about. I think I can keep my team mates alive longer than if I were a fighgunner, through lvl 4 SE's and minor healing. I would never go back to fighgunner, I love using cards and I still get two "basic" bladed weapons so I'm content. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hope this helps.

MT7218
Mar 26, 2007, 10:13 AM
Honestly? I say try to find a way to fit them both in, as I love to multi-class a lot. But if you really, really want to choose between the two, go Guntecher. Higher ATA, main focus is guns, which generally have more ATA than the melee weps, and as a Beast, it will help ease the racially low ATA you suffer from. You won't have much TP given your race and class, so all you need wands for are the buffs, debuffs, Reverser, and "lol monomate" Resta, which is still extra healing you can carry on top of your mates if money is a little tight. If you play in parties with techers that uses buffs/debuffs on a regular basis, you can just skip the first 7 and go with just the reverser and resta. Be sure to choose your gun PAs a little carefully, though. GT gets almost everything in terms of guns but the Gernade Launcher, and add a few techs and maybe a saber PA, and you might be a little limited. Choose between which guns you acutally use and don't use, and don't bother with the ones you don't use at all. That, or try to split elemental sets between certian weapons of similar type/function, like Handgun/Card/Mechgun/Crossbow mix for single handers, Rifle/Bow mix for long range, and so on.

Besides... I rarely see many GTs out there, let alone a Beast GT. Too many Beast Fortefighters and way too many Fighgunners in general out there.

Rashiid
Mar 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
well, there really different....

Figun is all about attacking w/ small arms.

Guntech is....fortegunner + resta/buffs.

if guntech, ur more of....be a normal shooter, but if sumone needs help, u can be there for them.....but mainly just the job of a Fortegunner.

all up to u tho,

Midicronica
Mar 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
If you decide to go with GunTecher I'd to suggest grabbing a crossbow, the dmg that they output is spectacular and they're pretty damn good for spreading SE's across mobs. Shocking deljaban's on LLS2 is great. I usually don't have to carry wands for debuffing nor buffing, because the party I play with almost always has a very good FT present, so I don't have worry too much about debuffing or buffing. No one really wants my gimp buffs anyway.. Instead, I help the FT out by using Twin Mayalee to debuff mobs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Twin Mayalee at 21 have SE3 which would make it the equivalent of a FT lvl 21+ zalure?

( My screen cuts off the part where the SE lvl is displayed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

So, when you're pallette is being taken up by wands as your main hand weapon. I suggest carrying a dagger or saber, whichever you prefer. I'll reccommend the dagger because Shunbu senran-zan is pretty good PA.

I'm probably not making much sense, so I'll stop now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-03-26 09:03 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-03-25 19:54, PJ wrote:

On 2007-03-25 19:53, omegapirate2k wrote:

As my evil twin, I'll make YOU do it.

But I suggest the OP to go Fighgunner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(I was randomly looking through the RL picture thread for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

O_O very well, but if I become a guntecher, you must become... a PROTRANSER!!!

Muhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha hahahahaha!

Evil enough?

--
Mod edit: don't stretch tables needlessly!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-03-26 19:00 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
Pretty much, the Level 21 Twin MayaLee is pretty much on par with the top Zalure that you can apply from a distance.

My party makeup is not consistant, so I tend to use buffs/debuffs more. Any buff/debuff is better than none at all; but if your other techers are truly keeping up on that stuff, that's a pretty cool arrangement to have. Saves you some more PAs for all your guns.

Witchblade56
Mar 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
Xennec,

Why not do both? You will eventually hit cap as either fighgunner or guntecher. You'll eventually switch to the other job.

Play the game how you want I say. Personally I do 4 jobs. I play FT, Figh, GT & FF. None of my characters are high level. I play to have fun and farm for stuff i want =)

xennec
Mar 26, 2007, 03:45 PM
Right now I am leaning more toward gt because the people who say I should are giving good reasons. The only thing people who say I should go figh say is: you are a beast..... your ATA. I don't really take this comment into extreme consideration. I have 141 ATA and rarely miss the enemy.

Akaimizu
Mar 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
ATA and Accuracy (read from the weapons) does affect the speed with which you do land SEs, but before someone corrects me, it's not so much in some general SE percentage statistic, but by the numbers of your average amount of times you hit (and for how much. A crit? etc.). The more you're hitting the general statistic of spreading the love increases. Many people don't think we're talking about that, when we say stuff about ATA and ACC.

Still, yes, as a beast even, you reap the benefits of choosing the GT class in getting some much needed ATA. However, as you fight bigger and badder monsters, without some adjustments, or selective weapons (that do bring better Accuracy (particularly with elemental bullets)), you'll see the benefits from being able to land better solid shots.

However, you can adjust for this, in various ways, so that you're doing a better hit percentage, that is, you'll see the improvements in yourself.

Believe me, you will run into monsters where you might think about a configuration that helps your accurracy. I do, with a human. But if you fall in love with a Class, and you love the playstyle of it; then you're probably going to work on buying and equipping the stuff that help you do it, the most.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-26 14:07 ]</font>

Dragnmastr
Mar 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
hmm.... I dunno about Guntecher, but I personally like Fighgunner. The reason I like fighgunner is because I prefer to use a faster weapon (for me that's on the subject between Fortefighter or fighgunner XD), and be open to a good amt of weapons. As a fighgunner you are open to the most weapons: 13, and you are also open to enough guns to be a good ranged user. On the topic of race I would also say it would be a good choice to have your strong point open to you so you can use it effectively. The Range and spellcasting abilities of a Beast are ok, but not as good as the other races. So choosing a class that will have you using your two weaker attributes but being extremely limited on your close range weapons doesn't seem like a good choice to me.

On the subject of Stats, the guntecher job would try to balance out your Ata and Mst, but since it makes close combat useless it weakens Atp and Def. Nothing to complain about there since you won't be using a lot of sabers and daggers as a guntecher anyway. As a Beast when choosing this class it trys to benefit in stats, and it trys to work in the area of strengthening your ranged attacks and magic attacks. however its just as easy to dodge an oncoming magic attack as any class (and yes there will be some that you can't dodge but you can run away from..... and not get caught by it XD) and it's making a choice to eliminate your trump card, using Swords and sabers, etc.

In the end it's pretty much what you think is the better choice in your opinion, but those are my reasons. If you wanted to keep your options open to close combat, i'd look at either Fighgunner or Wartecher imo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragnmastr on 2007-03-26 14:33 ]</font>

xennec
Mar 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-03-26 14:31, Dragnmastr wrote:
In the end it's pretty much what you think is the better choice in your opinion, but those are my reasons. If you wanted to keep your options open to close combat, i'd look at either Fighgunner or Wartecher imo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragnmastr on 2007-03-26 14:33 ]</font>

I tried wartecher and didn't like it. A wartecher also has less ATA than a fortefighter, and that=bad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-03-26 14:43 ]</font>

Dragnmastr
Mar 26, 2007, 04:40 PM
hehe I tried it too and it wasn't very fun XD.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 26, 2007, 04:45 PM
Even as a Fortegunner, I like a nice barrage of bullets on a monster.

Guntechs are really almost greater then Fortegunners.

At Lv1 Guntecher vs a Lv1 Fortegunner on a Lv47 FemBeast, their HP and DFP are the same, so basically... In terms of endurance, a Guntecher is better then a Fortegunner, sence they have a good bit of MST[technique defence] greater then Fortegunner.

Also, Guntechs get long bows, and Longbows can be quite almost more powerful then a good rifle... Believe me, I have an Alteric[6* kubara longbow] at +9, It has more ATP then a Phantom[9* rifle], without the Phantom Line...

Cards are useful too, though I only used one for a day[i kinda wanted Grenaders on my CAST...]They hit like a close range Shotgun, and Guntechers get the Shotgun as well!

Fighgunners... eh, WAAAAAAAY too common... Beast and Human fighgunnies are everywhere... not a day goes by that I don't see 6 or more...

I'd go for the diverse option, GUNTECHER ALL THE WAY!!!, but thats my opinion, It's your choice.

n.n "Choose wisely, young Skywalker"

Dragnmastr
Mar 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
Yea if you don't want to be common you can choose guntecher XP

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 26, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-03-26 14:53, Dragnmastr wrote:
Yea if you don't want to be common you can choose guntecher XP

Yay for the suckbags of the unique and random!!!

Deathgeist
Mar 26, 2007, 05:12 PM
It shouldn't all come down to which is common and which is less played, it's all a matter of preference. Aside from preference I would definitely suggest fighgunner for beast. I tried Fortefighter and was bored to death, then switched to fighgunner and have been having a blast.
I can tell you forsure that going Guntecher probably isn't the best idea for a beast due to the low ATA we suffer from. I think Fortegunner wouldn't be too bad due to the fact at lvl 10 they have 40% more bonus to ATA than Guntecher.
Either way that's just the way I look at it, in the end it's all what you want, I just think that if you were amped to go guntecher it would be wise to go a race aside from Beast.

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 26, 2007, 05:16 PM
>.>;

We might have the lowest ATA, but we have great enough ATA for even the lowest ATA'ed weapons, like a Deljabanner, as Fortefighter[Fembeast too].

Axes we do miss quite a bit on though...

xennec
Mar 26, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-03-26 15:12, Deathgeist wrote:
I just think that if you were amped to go guntecher it would be wise to go a race aside from Beast.

That is why I made Renha, which is a CAST, but I lvl VERY slowly. I've been playing since day 2 and Artek is my highest lvl character. I am just worried that if I switch over to another race, I will never get caught up to people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

NPCMook
Mar 26, 2007, 05:32 PM
ST let us switch classes for a reason, sure other races are suited for certain types also, but like in FFXI that didn't stop people from making Galka Mages... >.> so go Beast Guntecher if you feel its what you want to do, sure you won't be the best, but you will have played a class you like and chose. Cookie Cutter is for chumps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miyoko
Mar 26, 2007, 08:07 PM
On 2007-03-26 13:45, xennec wrote:
Right now I am leaning more toward gt because the people who say I should are giving good reasons. The only thing people who say I should go figh say is: you are a beast..... your ATA. I don't really take this comment into extreme consideration. I have 141 ATA and rarely miss the enemy.

We're bringing up the ATA issue because it IS very important... Your bullets aren't going to help if they never hit.

Remember, when you're using bullet PA's, your ATA is nearly halved in some cases. You -should- be taking it into extreme consideration. Just because it's a simple issue to consider, doesn't make it not important.

xennec
Mar 26, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-03-26 18:07, Miyoko wrote:
We're bringing up the ATA issue because it IS very important... Your bullets aren't going to help if they never hit.

I am not trying to bash you or be rude, but I am guessing that you have never played a beast ranger. It is not as "gimp" as most people who haven't played as one think it is. Also, as a beast gt, my main motive is not to give SE. My main motive is to do damage with guns, while having the added bonus of SE and being able to use resta and buffs/debuffs.

With this said, I have decided to stay guntecher.

Now I just have to decide between mainly crossbows or cards. Cards are a WAY more effective weapon for me right now, but in the end, when I am able to get s rank crossbows and not cards, I am not sure if this will be the case. A Cubo Simba(12* crossbow) will have almost 100 ATP more than a mira-kikami (9* cards). Both of these would be the highest starrage of the weapon I could use.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-03-26 18:27 ]</font>

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 26, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-03-26 18:07, Miyoko wrote:

On 2007-03-26 13:45, xennec wrote:

Remember, when you're using bullet PA's, your ATA is nearly halved in some cases. You -should- be taking it into extreme consideration. Just because it's a simple issue to consider, doesn't make it not important.

Do C-B missions to Lv the bullets then... T.T

SolomonGrundy
Mar 26, 2007, 08:37 PM
My gut tells me a Figunner is the 'better' choice, but the fun factor leans heavily towards Guntecker...and female at that.

Consider:

1. High ATP and shifta means you can deal come good damage (you have higher ATP than 5/8 wartechers).

2. Decent MST andd EVP which is a lovely change

3. Beast form to melee the bullet resistant enemies.

4. No one expects the inquisition. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miyoko
Mar 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-03-26 18:27, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

Do C-B missions to Lv the bullets then... T.T

Sure, if you're willing to spend a lot of time, you could do that. But even at Lv30, there's still quite a hefty penalty on already very low ATA.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
Wartecher beats things up and can still use Resta, so just do that.

xennec
Mar 26, 2007, 08:56 PM
A guntecher and wartecher have nearly the same ATP, and anyway, as a wartecher I would have less ATA then a Fortefighter.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2007, 09:02 PM
Yeah, but Guntechers kind of majorly suck at melee. Besides, Wartecher's ATA is good enough. I rarely miss, unless I spam PAs.

NPCMook
Mar 26, 2007, 09:49 PM
He can still use Units you know... and Zodial from Forces/himself his ATA won't be top notch, Just my 2 cents...

Cookie Cutter is for chumps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-03-26 19:49, NPCMook wrote:
He can still use Units you know... and Zodial from Forces/himself his ATA won't be top notch, Just my 2 cents...

Cookie Cutter is for chumps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Off-topic- Wow, I thought that the term 'Cookie Cutter' was only used in TCGs... Shows what I know... >.>;;

Criss
Mar 27, 2007, 01:37 AM
I can't talk for fighgunners, but I play a female beast GT myself, and I have to say it works out much better than some people like to think.

The main issue with beast GTs is indeed the low ATA. But the only thing it really changes, is how quick you get to use better guns, since it takes longer to hit the ATA requirement. As for accuracy and tagging SEs, it barely makes any difference. Sure, you might miss more often, and if you ever miss, it can't apply an SE. But keep in mind that the GT class itself has a very high ATA modifier, and that as a (half-)techer, you can keep Zodial on yourself at all times. That means that you'll never have any problems with accuracy, unless you're fighting bees. ...in which case I just use my accuracy nanoblast and get rid of them real quick.

So weapon-requirements aside, beast GTs really aren't gimped. Their great base ATP makes them awesome when using multiple-bullet weapons like cards/crossbows/machinegun, they have higher HP, a nanoblast, and they sure can apply SEs as good as any other race.