PDA

View Full Version : I hate third parties.

Kent
Mar 26, 2007, 03:14 PM
And no, not the game development kind - that's a different story, and I only hate part of them.

I don't normally rant, anyway. Usually just to one person whom I know cares, listens, and comforts...

It's a thing of karmic injustice. Those who do good for others, those who are good people, those who excercise kindness and respect should, theoretically, be treated with deserved kindness and respect.

At least, that's the pretty picture everyone thinks the world is (and it is what the world should be, but you get the idea).

All that aside, I guess it doesn't really matter to someone totally unrelated and unaware of you, right? Unfortunately, they can still affect you, just as much, and just as readily, and unintentionally.

I have a friend of mine, whom I've known since the days of the Pokémon League. That's right, the gatherings back at the local bookstore, where everyone could engage in competition and trading with their GameBoy Pockets and Pokémon Red/Blue games, and the trading card game. I don't care what anyone here says about it, that was fun.

Since then, I've moved across the country and started college (no ... lucrative colleges back where we were), and she remained. The intarweb is a magical thing, when it comes to getting in touch with people far away. Cheap and easy to use, right?

Well, she went on an exchange program, and is an exchange student in Germany now. Sparing the details about how inconvenient and expensive normal calling is, the internet has become the main means of communication.

Here's where the third-party part comes in.

Basically, the host family disapproves usage of the internet for "time-wasting for-fun" activities and, well, that's it. No more internet usage, except for Skype-ing mommy, and potentially checking e-mail (which was specifically mentioned as one of said activities...).

I hate sounding paranoid, but it's funny how all sorts of inconvenience likes to fling itself in my general direction. Yeah, this probably sounds like a downright pitiful "rant," but I hold friends more dear than anything. Even family, or myself. Meh.

Damn it all; one of the only two people capable of giving me any sort of a tangible morale boost, gets more or less cut off. Especially for finals week.

With any luck, a USB WFC adapter will find its way there in time for Diamond/Pearl. :/

Now if you'll excuse me, my desk and forehead have some acquainting to do.

Firocket1690
Mar 26, 2007, 04:15 PM
roffles. oh noez.

it's not like snail mail is so bad. persona,, tradition is a good thing. means more, and it's tangible.

Kent
Mar 26, 2007, 05:21 PM
The irony of that is biting at my heels.