PDA

View Full Version : ltitle help with an armor situatoin...

majan
Mar 26, 2007, 07:08 PM
so last nite I didnt feel like goin to bed just yet and I was bored,so I bounced from one manufacturer to another and was checking out the armors.then,I realized,most of the A rank armors really kinda suck,in the slots department.solid line,for instance 8* GRM armor,has no slots.no slots?!okay,sure,the armor has exceptional stats,but even so.....wheres the versatility in a 360k meseta item that has no slots?

idk,that baffles me,but heck,everything in the game has to be balanced,so,flamers,Im not complaining about that.just figured it would be worth mentioning.

the real bulk is something I need some opinions on.personally,I think A rank armor is overrated.you can probably play smart and survive rather well with a 3 or 4 star armor.but,restrictions about putting an A rank slot unit in a B rank armor push me to hunt for some beter armors.I want a har/quick for my techer,and I think its prety much solid that Ill be getting sori-senba for him,even though Id rather dark element armor.though,there arent any dark element armors with the slots I use. -.-

my cast on the other hand is someone who I really REALLY wanted dark armor on,and I wanted to throw a skill pp save on him.sori-senba is probably the only one that would be useful for him(I dont wnat to use GRM armors for him,too much EVP = cancelling photon arts=wasted PP >.<)

major pain in my ass,not to mentoin that they are extremely costly,particularly from the dick heads selling sori senbas in their shop with base ice element % for 500k and up.

sigh player shops.

but yeah,anybody have ideas?

for my force I use me/quick soon to be har/quick
mega/rainbow
mega/wall(I think)

my cast I got...
sta/mind
perpa/guard
sturm buster
soon to be skill pp save

DikkyRay
Mar 26, 2007, 07:11 PM
Er, i'll have to disagree. I like my Sori-senba. It has all the slots and is useful.
Heck. i NEED defense. Plus the elemental defense against ice is superb.
I can't help elsewhere. If your cast is a gunner, by all means invest in a lower-cost armour. If hes a fighter, definintly invest in some high defense armor

Midicronica
Mar 26, 2007, 07:17 PM
Here's an idea. Get a Megaline you can get stick a Giga Skill PP Save on the arm slot and you still have the extra slot for the SUV. Plus it only cost 10k for the materials to synethesize 'em.

It's revolutionary!

FUFME
Mar 26, 2007, 07:22 PM
Best is to just synth your own armor.

Whatever you do please dont wear Sori-Senba on Fire Maps or majority of non-ice maps. I hate when people do that

majan
Mar 26, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-03-26 17:17, Shadow_Moses wrote:
Here's an idea. Get a Megaline you can get stick a Giga Skill PP Save on the arm slot and you still have the extra slot for the SUV. Plus it only cost 10k for the materials to synethesize 'em.

It's revolutionary!

how easy that sounds and how badly I wanna just go and that ...however....

you need an A rank armor to equip an A rank slot unit
...giga/skill PP save is 9 stars
unfortunately,that is revolutionary -.-

and yeah I totally like the sori senba too the only downside is that it is ice only.dark armor is where its at.FIGHT THE MEGID!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-03-26 17:49 ]</font>

GunnerGoddess
Mar 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
if you won't buy from player shops then best chance is to build up an armor pm and research armor with stats similar to sori-senba or better. though that'll not only take time but money and probably giving up at least one armor slot. not to mention the really bad synth chances and the many bad % you'll get on the armor if it works. sometimes synthing and pm can be so cruel

Miyoko
Mar 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
Doesn't solid line have an automatic boost to ATP and ATA, thus the reason it has no slots?

Fulgore
Mar 26, 2007, 08:04 PM
I bought a Gi-Senba for the 28% ice resistance it has, and decent slots. Same with the Te-Senba for the light resistance it gives, 26 or 27% I believe, and better stats than the Hoza as far as points go. But my Hoza I made myself, has 44% dark resistance, I eat Megid for Breakfast with that one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif At least on Liner Line S. And I can survive Dark S2 missions easier than lvl 80's with that armor. It truely is worth making an armor pm just to try for those occassional high synths. Basically though, buy from the shops for the most part the higher defense shields, and any you can't from player shops, and run around with them and equp the right one for the map your on. And have a Rainbow for your body slot to boost that elemental stat 8%. Thats the only way I survive S2 Missions as a Fortetecher is doing it that way.

majan
Mar 26, 2007, 09:36 PM
yeah I guess i better start investing the time into making the armor pm...

unfortunately the cheapest and most efficient way of doing so is to create like ..how many casts?probabyl close to a thousand

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2007, 09:42 PM
The most important stat on any armor is the elemental percent.

Oh, and I'd go with Tenora armors for your cast, since they are the ones most geared towards melee characters (high EVP, which is a good thing).

Don't worry about having A armors for your A units until you actually find them, and it can take a long, long, long time to find them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-03-26 19:45 ]</font>