PDA

View Full Version : Rentis, the only way people on HIVE S2+ will be able to avoi

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 01:22 AM
So out of all the things in PSU their is actually something that can guarentee safety against the Dam Megid Ballz. Rentis! It puts up a Barrier (Ring that circles your character) and you get 3 of them after lvl 21 but it protects against enemy techs.

I am SOOOO gonna level that thing to 21 and Finally be able to help the party against Megid. Near as i can tell you will be able to take up to 3 Megid Blasts after lvl 21 then you'll need it cast on you again. I can't wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dizas will be great too (against physical attacks) It's basically the same spell just physical protection.

I wonder if this is already available? I don't know if it's considered an Ultimate Art, or just not released yet, I'll have to check the guide.

Inazuma
Mar 27, 2007, 01:37 AM
yea the barrier techs are gonna be good. looks like dying will be a thing of the past. cant wait (^_^)

still no word when these techs will come out tho. i really hope we dont have to wait much longer, its already been way too long.

Criss
Mar 27, 2007, 01:42 AM
Those will be awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As a Guntecher though, I'm more impatient about the magistrate-like tech so I can save up on wand tech-slot space.

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 01:42 AM
After doing a little research I found out even more on the issue. You'll probably be able to take 3 Megid Balls from lvl 70 or less monsters if you have it cast on you and it's above lvl 21 However, if the Megid Ballz are say coming from lvl 85 or 90+ Creatures it will probably take a lvl 21+ cast and you will probably only be able to resist 1 hit at a time. Cuz at lvl 21+ from the spell you get these 3 broken parts that make up a whole ring that circle your waist and each part can take only so much damage from a tech and little hits might take just one broken part away or even might take a few little hits just to take 1 part but something like a 90+ Megid ball will probably take 2 parts or even all 3 to block the hit....

Still, it will be awesome to have, and if people are smart it will result in no scapes used http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-03-26 23:42, Criss wrote:
Those will be awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif As a Guntecher though, I'm more impatient about the magistrate-like tech so I can save up on wand tech-slot space.

Yeah, I researched that tech as well, it is definately one for Non-Fortetechers...due to the HP drain. But great for everyone else http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zarbolord
Mar 27, 2007, 03:25 AM
I have to admit Retier already protects me from any spell in LL....*nyaaaaaaaaaaaa* But I agree that some protection spells will do us good. Specially against bosses.

Schubalts
Mar 27, 2007, 06:57 AM
Not too keen on those techs. It'll just be another reason for r-tards to kick people.

"U NO HAB DIZIS?! KIK NUB!"

And Megistar(Megiverse? Can't remember) only affects the caster. Unless you knew that already.

Mystil
Mar 27, 2007, 07:06 AM
Megid is not the problem in HIVE.

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 07:33 AM
Rentis in labs S2 would be pwn, no more need for scapes (almost)

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 27, 2007, 07:39 AM
I really think Rentis will be awesome, especialy since Gaozorans, by far the strongest monsters in this game use magic attacks, which take away like 71/2 of my life with Foie.

Tiyr
Mar 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
On 2007-03-27 05:06, Mystil wrote:
Megid is not the problem in HIVE.

Zero-mx
Mar 27, 2007, 08:38 AM
I think people are too afraid of dying, its not that big of a deal.... I think I'm still too used to PSO though.

Mewnie
Mar 27, 2007, 08:55 AM
Yeah, Megid isn't really the issue.

Will it help against stuff like Dambarta from the Jarbas? That one is infintely more annoying then thier Megid.

Alpha-Hunter
Mar 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
yeah, that only reason people still get caught with megid often is because the hunters are tentitive to engage because of the dambarta. of course i'm speaking of parum missions. mobs where only like 2 megid spitters spawn at a time with no dambarta (hive right?) shouldn't be that big of a deal. a few scapes used per mission isn't that bad at all. jarba's on the other hand can knock off like 5 peeps a mission at times.

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
I just hope this doesn't make the game too easy...the fun of running Hive S is the challenge of it. True, megid isn't that big of a deal there, but having Dizas, Rentis and buffs would make it way too easy, assuming that it will work as advertised.

SAtaarcoeny
Mar 27, 2007, 09:46 AM
tuthfully i hope they dont release that magic because hat would make the game to easy...(not that it isnt already) but if they do it will cost like 200pp

majan
Mar 27, 2007, 10:13 AM
yeah.itll sure be great.if we get it sometime in 2007.

sigh content updates

Sharkyland
Mar 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-03-27 06:38, Zero-mx wrote:
I think people are too afraid of dying, its not that big of a deal.... I think I'm still too used to PSO though.

I'm not afraid of dying. But there's a big difference between PSO and PSU. In PSO, no one really cares if you died except in TTF, RT, and some other missions. But in PSU, it can be good difference from an S to an A to a B to a C.

---

Megistar
Regrants
Rentis
Dizas

the last four technics... unless there's more in the expansion pack. It would be cool to have an 'ultima' spell (combination of fire, ice, lightning, ground, light, and dark in one attack).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-03-27 11:11 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-03-26 23:42, Fulgore wrote:
After doing a little research I found out even more on the issue. You'll probably be able to take 3 Megid Balls from lvl 70 or less monsters if you have it cast on you and it's above lvl 21 However, if the Megid Ballz are say coming from lvl 85 or 90+ Creatures it will probably take a lvl 21+ cast and you will probably only be able to resist 1 hit at a time. Cuz at lvl 21+ from the spell you get these 3 broken parts that make up a whole ring that circle your waist and each part can take only so much damage from a tech and little hits might take just one broken part away or even might take a few little hits just to take 1 part but something like a 90+ Megid ball will probably take 2 parts or even all 3 to block the hit....

Still, it will be awesome to have, and if people are smart it will result in no scapes used http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Each ring = one absorbed hit. It doesn't matter how powerful the TECHNIC is (as long as it would do at least 1 damage, presumably). Dizas works similarly with physical attacks--although with that (as opposed to Rentis) your EVP still has a chance to block and not cost you a ring.

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2007, 01:21 PM
This would definitely simplify Hive S. I've seen the most deaths ever, there. And as some other people have said, it's not just the Megid SE. They just plain have some incredibly hard hitting techniques, that hit for numbers no Guardian likes. It also is harsh that some many can get around the field, turn and track, so fast. It's not like the slow lumbering jarbas.

You're more likely to die in Hive S, from techniques that hit you in that 1000+ damage range each. Particularly if you aren't maxed in your job, and you're just going there with the first 5 levels of your requirement to be there. I've been hit for numbers there that I still don't have the HP for, at my level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-27 11:24 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, but the more practice you get doing HIVE S, the easier it becomes. I hate that people are scared of this mission. I can never find anyone to run it. They all want to run Seabed with the "slow lumbering Jarbas".

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2007, 01:34 PM
It's true. But I know when I'm outlevelled in that mission. There are levels and class levels, plus certain bullet levels for certain guns (in my case), and affordable equipment that is just plain not enough to do HIVE S. I recognize the forte of learning a mission, but I also recognize an impossible situation as well. You do need the right makeup to make it through that level. Without that, it's impossible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-27 11:36 ]</font>

zaphod
Mar 27, 2007, 02:32 PM
I saw someone the other day on the 360 with the ground based barrier spell. I asked where he had got it and he replied that he did not remember. Is this guy a hack or is it availble and if so where?

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:32, zaphod wrote:
I saw someone the other day on the 360 with the ground based barrier spell. I asked where he had got it and he replied that he did not remember. Is this guy a hack or is it availble and if so where?

Something is coming through....yes, yes, I'm getting something....

"Maya Shidow was in the party when you saw this person and his ground based barrier spell, right?"

That is my psychic vision for the day. Thanks.

PALRAPPYS
Mar 27, 2007, 02:44 PM
Just wondering, are you guys SURE that Rentis blocks you from megid?

I mean, it just reduces damage, correct? O.o

If that's the case, you could still die from megid, correct?

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
Indeed, Maya does cast Dizas after she's a certain level (whenever she starts whipping out the Granarod). Also, GH-452 casts Rentis on occasion, although I'm not sure with what implement exactly.

Midicronica
Mar 27, 2007, 02:46 PM
On 2007-03-27 11:25, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yes, but the more practice you get doing HIVE S, the easier it becomes. I hate that people are scared of this mission. I can never find anyone to run it. They all want to run Seabed with the "slow lumbering Jarbas".

I'd play with you. I've been trying to convice my friends to run this place. I actually want to look for the [B]Carriguine-Rucar. I ain't played with you since......uh.........like the first PSOW meet.(It was the first to me, at least.) The one with the people sitting down in a line.

Be warned, I'm a noob and might set off your elitism radar. In which case, I'd get pwned. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 02:52 PM
Ok, yeah I remember now. That was the only PSOW meet I went to...too much spamming there for me; I got a huge headache being there. I've seen some of your characters around though...just never linked them to you.

Next time we decide to run it, I'll invite you. I duoed (word?) it last night with a Fortegunner friend and we very easily could've gotten an S if we both didn't get seperated in that last room. While the first mission is fun, I'm more interested in fighting Fakis.

And don't worry about my "elitism". That's all just a huge joke to me!! I would try to help you out in whatever way you may need if you were to struggle....can't vouch for the bums I usually run missions with, though!!!!

Lman90245
Mar 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
I'm guessing they level up like regular buffs, not when an attack hits the the field right?

Soukosa
Mar 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
A) You don't do S+ Hive for the mission reward.
B) Some spots in the Hive will kill Rentis almost instantly anyways.

There's missions for getting MP and there's missions for dying. Hive is not meant to be the former. If everyone would quit worrying about getting rank S all the time, then maybe they'll see that suicidal missions have great value beyond the mission reward.

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
" Rentis, the only way people on HIVE S2+ will be able to avoid Megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif"

What happened to dodging?????

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-27 13:54 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:52, Sounomi wrote: If everyone would quit worrying about getting rank S all the time, then maybe they'll see that suicidal missions have great value beyond the mission reward.

True, except it's not really the "suicidal mission" that everyone makes it out to be. Playing with strategy and a little care (plus some scapes for insurance!) will get you through this mission. You won't be able to watch TV and pet your cat while running this mission, but if you concentrate and take it a little more seriously than usual, it's really not that bad.

HyperDrachen
Mar 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
Dont worry the incompetence of some of your teamates will never cease to add challenge to the game. In my experience with Dizas (maya shidow occasionaly casts it) the number of attacks it takes to bust a ring varies. either that or the game takes evasion into acount before letting an attack break a ring. I can only assume Rentis will work similairly. The big decider is going to be if it acounts for your defense against the attack before determining how much protection from rentis you have lost. If it takes this into acount Rentis will turn hive and linear line into stages that require your constant attention, as opposed to just running around trying to avoid megid. Keeping up rentis and picking your targets well should keep people from needing to burn to many scapes. Much more useful on hive of course with those hardcore wizard guys my cast MST is pudding : (.

Kinda a side note since we were talking about jarbas. Please notice that firearms do thier full damage while melee weapons suffer a severe penalty in ATP against Jarbas. Not really a good reason to go into melee range with them. Every character has ranged options. Even a few good plinks with your pistol is better than eating it to a Dambarta. Specially with that neato fire armor all you nutty adventurers are toting around. Rentis is no replacement for a little tactical positioning.

RadiantLegend
Mar 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
Hive S is easy.

I run fakis on S everyday now looking for a blackbull/ank dedda and can be easy even with only 4 people. Yet at the same time having a full team when people dont do their job can make it hard.

Akaimizu
Mar 27, 2007, 05:12 PM
I can't really call Hive S easy when pretty much every other level, in existence, is easier than it. Really, why don't people ever count that perhaps you need to be of certain levels (above what's required to be in it) to do it well? Skill and hard work can only go so far.

Yes, it gets easier, when people are generally levelled to do it, but I think the real fear came because the low level limit on it, is still too much for some folks.

Still, I'm more powerful than before, so yes, things are a bit easier. I just remember the nightmare of the earlier encounters there.

Going back to the spell.

I also worry this spell could make things a bit too easy. That's one heck of a benefit that could go overboard. The levels are quite possible, as is, with sufficient levels and equipment. And perhaps Sega would make the S2 versions require something closer to the levels you should be, when jumping into the place.

Then we have to think about the S2 factor, we already have. Now we have provisions to quickly raise Class levels, get money and exp, even for players who can only offer casual time, to it. This does push the envelope, a bit, for shifting the populace to higher levelled fold.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-27 15:30 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
Obviously, the "easy" or "not that hard" interpretations of the level are geared toward the player with a higher level character. Hell, Mad Creatures C is tough at level one, but a bore fest for you now. The comments I made were not to you in particular, but to the loads of 70+ people who are scared of this level.

Jinto117
Mar 27, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:32, zaphod wrote:

Lol, to good.

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-03-27 11:17, A2K wrote:

On 2007-03-26 23:42, Fulgore wrote:

Each ring = one absorbed hit. It doesn't matter how powerful the TECHNIC is (as long as it would do at least 1 damage, presumably). Dizas works similarly with physical attacks--although with that (as opposed to Rentis) your EVP still has a chance to block and not cost you a ring.

Ooooohhhhh, WOW that's Awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif No wonder in the video I saw the first couple hits didn't take away a ring from the character. That's double the Awesome! Well This is definately gonna make Megid less painful to go up against. Thanx for that Info http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-03-27 11:25, JAFO22000 wrote:

Ahem.........AHEM!!!

Ok, I'm good now....so, listen...

I was doing HIVE runs BEFORE I got my 44% Dark Hoza and Believe me, I'm Not Afraid.

So join me anytime in HIVE, harder the better too! I got Deathmakers off those Retard-Tengoh so I love HIVE.

And I can almost survive HIVE S right now anyway, the Megid almost does 0 to me and when that happens it wont be able to kill me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:45, A2K wrote:
Indeed, Maya does cast Dizas after she's a certain level (whenever she starts whipping out the Granarod). Also, GH-452 casts Rentis on occasion, although I'm not sure with what implement exactly.

Woah Woah WOAH! Maya http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif....Dang It! I'm gonna have to start doing more Guardian Missions, I keep missing these new NPC's to play with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 07:08 PM
Please don't triple post.

Fulgore
Mar 27, 2007, 07:11 PM
Sorry A2K, I was just trying to reply to each persons comment, next time I'll put them all into one.

Mystil
Mar 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
Use quote tags. Much more conveniant.

And as I said..megid is the least of your worries. Foie rules the underwater for Satelite missions. And if you're not being hit with Foie, you're been froze to death by gibarta. This is assuming you unfortunatly get the map where it's all sorcerers. We are talking about Falkis S right? Regular Hive S is a joke.