PDA

View Full Version : Synthesis frustration

Deathgeist
Mar 27, 2007, 12:24 PM
I am getting pretty pissed here, I turned fighgunner the other day and so far have tried to synth 7 double blades (5 Bone Dance & 2 Nightwalker) and only 1 Bone Dance & 1 Nightwalker has synthed.

Now as big of a piss off as this is I am aware of the frustrations of synthing and prepare myself for miserable failure everytime, even when it fails 5 times at over 50% >_<. What is REALLY pissing me off is I am at a loss to make money for nobody seems to be buying my kubara woods, even at 50k, and I am so low on ele photons now I can't sell anymore to make some $$$. I also am synthing so much now it makes no sense for them to be my money maker at this point in time. So I was wondering if anyone can suggest a mission they like to solo for cash. Says it in my sig but i'm a lvl 40 Beast Fighgunner (1).

Also if you are on PS2/PC then please search for Tiamat in the shops, right now I just have megi photons for 5k, and kubara woods for 50k, but if you need them please help a broke brother out!

Magician
Mar 27, 2007, 12:37 PM
Hey, I'm 1/7 with one 26% fire muktrand to show for my 1 million meseta spent.

I feel your pain.

Deathgeist
Mar 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
haha yes you definitely do, thanks for making me feel a bit better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deus-Irae
Mar 27, 2007, 01:16 PM
i failed a 90% synth on a creasabra a few days ago, and i had to borrow 3 Copernia to do it.

i did find another board luckily, but i now need to find 6 more Copernia for it, and they are very expensive.

synthing can be real rough, but i guess it makes the nice weps that you finally do synth for yourself that much more special and worth all the trouble.

good luck.

kevington
Mar 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
Failed five Howrods in a row on a 100% tech PM then two Mira-Kikamis in a row on a 100% ranged PM. I find the synthing system in PSU to be the game's greatest weakness.

Deathgeist
Mar 27, 2007, 01:43 PM
Yes definitely it is the greatest weakness, I think that they should up the percentages or do something about the way the percentage system works cause I too have had 90% fail and honestly it should pretty much never fail. When I play WoW a long time ago my rogue had a talent that was 90% chance and worked basically 100% of the time. I don't find PSU's percentages are as accurate as they appear.

And btw Deus that blows about the creasabra http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cerberus1981
Mar 27, 2007, 01:55 PM
That's pretty brutal.

9 star strike weps have a 55% chance on my 100% strike PM and out of 8 attempted I've made every one.

I've not synthed much else but I'm yet to fail anything over 7 stars. I think I've only ever failed two things and those were 90% success rate C weapons I was making for PM food.

Even though I'm on a good run I'm still working up the courage to make my Vahra Claw with 45% success rate, the boards are hard to find and you only get one attempt so I've been putting it off for weeks.

People say luck doesn't have any impact but out of paranoia I only synth when I have at least 2 star luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-03-27 12:01 ]</font>

KamiSori
Mar 27, 2007, 02:20 PM
oh i feel your pain man. yesterday was a bad day for me, failed a twin crea saber at 80% success rate and broke my alteric trying to grind it to 4 using a b+9. i know a guy who is developing a unique theory/process at synthing and has apperently worked for him and a few. if u are interested in experimenting i can direct u to a topic explaining this process. best of luck peeps!;)

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932621&topic=34178819

Vay
Mar 27, 2007, 03:42 PM
I broke all 6 of my Ganna Line synths, 2 boards. Granted, only 37% chance with full armor PM, but still, COME ON FOR SHITS SAKE! Armor synthing is going to put me in the poor house (well, it already has once, lol.)

Worst grinding session ever, though, was when I first maxed out my striking PM... I went 1/16 on 9* synths (the day 9* boards came out), the only success being a 10% Dark Buccaneer. I fail, therefore, I am.

Deathgeist
Mar 28, 2007, 02:24 AM
Thanks for that link kami, a looong time ago I used to play Ragnarok Online and I had lots of smithing/upgrading theories and methods myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that is a really interesting method and will look into trying that when I get around to making a pure pm.

As for you vay, I am yet to feel your pain but do understand. Armor synthing sucks more than anything, far too low of chances. Hopefully you have better luck next session. I haven't even touched my armor synthing pm yet for fear of it becomeing a massive money hole.