PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas about new classes on Illuminus...

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 01:51 PM
I was just thinking about somethings I thought were missing in some of the class types on PSU and what I'd like to see. Please feel free to add or debate any and all ideas I have:

1) why can't two handed weapons link more then 1 pA? The shift could should allow at least two, if not 3 PA's to be applied, and if not in this game, then maybe part/expansion?

2)I think it would be sweet if you could link techs to swords to highten elements and add the SE of each element. It wouldn't cast a spell, just add its effect. Maybe a new class that was lvl 10 hunter lvl 10 force?

3) Maybe techs could be added to guns as well to add sweet effects to riffles and cannons to make weapons that resemble the Flame Visit, etc. I would say both two handed guns/melee weapons should be able to gain these abilities and leave single handed weapons with something else? Maybe again, 10 lvls of Ranger and 10 lvls of force. (Or more then 10 if need be...)

4) Why can't there be a class devoted to synthing and upgrading weapons? Like say they gave Protransers the ability to synth and upgrade items at a better sucess rate as well as make trapes, etc, wouldn't that make some people want to be compeitive shop owners, esp if say only Protransers could synth certain items/armors/weapons, etc. People would have to buy scapedolls from Potransers and NPC shops etc... (Although this could cause people to inflate prices also, but better sucess rates = less money to cover fro m failures...)

5)Forces should be able to link spells like in Phantasy Star 4 to make mega spells. Easy enough to prompt each player by lighting up the tech on the pallet moments before they need to use it... Maybe the bar for SUV's and Nanoblasts could be built up for forces to use this ability?

6) Humans should get old school mags back to boost their stats to be competitive with other races. Give it a limitted boost so either they could be strong in one area, or decent in many. (better but not great if multy stat raised and good but not amazing if single stat raised..) That would lower the gap for humans in forte class and make them decent in cross classes.. (Then they could kill the bonus to certain types as the player could make their own bonus)

I had a few more ideas but this I think is good for a start to debate/discussion. Please tell me if you agree, disagree, or you want to add to any or all of these ideas...

sakodea
Mar 27, 2007, 02:30 PM
mags are coming back in illuminus from what i heard, and most of ur idea's sound pretty good, keep it up.

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:30, sakodea wrote:
mags are coming back in illuminus from what i heard, and most of ur idea's sound pretty good, keep it up.

I knew about the new mags, I meant something more like the past version... But thanks for the reply...

7) Newmans should have the ability to put techs with the same elements on a rod and charge it like a Nao or SuV and cast an extra powerful spell of that element. I know all rods get a bonus when all the techs are the same element but newmans being able to merge them and cause a big burst of damage would make them a bit more special...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-27 12:34 ]</font>

KamiSori
Mar 27, 2007, 02:33 PM
i would love to see these ideas brought to life. i especially like the Tech link ability for Newmans and the mags for humans. i think all races should be allowed to use mags but humans could get a mag with a sort of "limit break" ability to do special attacks with a full bar. i would also love the dual weilding option. like you could equip a buster and palasra, one with rising and one with gravity strike. the only thing i have doubts about is the linking techs to swords and guns. i just think it would be hard to balance. one other thing i never understood was why they dont let rangers link two bullets to a gun. rangers pretty much have no use for the Y/Triangle button currently and it would be a lot more convenient to switch elements with the push of a button. nice ideas tho, lets hope some of these are implemented in Illuminas.

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:33, KamiSori wrote:
i would love to see these ideas brought to life. i especially like the Tech link ability for Newmans and the mags for humans. i think all races should be allowed to use mags but humans could get a mag with a sort of "limit break" ability to do special attacks with a full bar. i would also love the dual weilding option. like you could equip a buster and palasra, one with rising and one with gravity strike. the only thing i have doubts about is the linking techs to swords and guns. i just think it would be hard to balance. one other thing i never understood was why they dont let rangers link two bullets to a gun. rangers pretty much have no use for the Y/Triangle button currently and it would be a lot more convenient to switch elements with the push of a button. nice ideas tho, lets hope some of these are implemented in Illuminas.

Yeah, duel and two handed weapons need no shift, so why not let them apply another PA or 2 since shift is waisted?

Also, you'd apply the Techs SE adn elemental bonus but not be able to cast (In case of the melee weapons) and cast them like a bullet (In the case of a gun)

Tahldon
Mar 27, 2007, 02:43 PM
You know. I really like your No. 5 Idea.

Kind of reminds me of the way people casted spells in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles to make an alternate spell that looked cooler and did more.

And the Transer' idea. I love it :3. Someone loves the transers! /happy

MayLee
Mar 27, 2007, 02:45 PM
So if we get mags we get no more PMd?

I like my PM..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

sakodea
Mar 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
no u get ur pm's still cause u synth with them, i think u just get mags for stat boosting type things. Ud get to keep ur pm of course cause u synth with those and other type stuff.

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
I've thought about #1 myself!

Kaydin
Mar 27, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:53, omegapirate2k wrote:
I've thought about #1 myself!

That'd be awesome. The secondary button set isn't used with two-handed weapons, so why not add it in for this? No more going into your inventory to switch a PA real quick, or using up two palette spots.

sakodea
Mar 27, 2007, 02:57 PM
nice man i like that, thanks for showing me that thread!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sakodea on 2007-03-27 13:00 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 27, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:57, sakodea wrote:
nice man i like that, thanks for showing me that thread! lol it got removed?!?!

If your talking about the one with the S ranks I posted...

Wrong thread, dude.

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 03:02 PM
#3: S ranks have special bullet effects, although I wouldn't mind A and below bullets being dressed up a little at 11 or 21...

#4: The main issue I see with this is that all the types are currently combat-oriented. Synthesis and grinder upgrades aren't handled by your character but by third parties--either your Partner Machine or an attendant at the weapon upgrade counters.

#5: Yes, yes, yes.

All that said, don't expect too many sweeping changes in Ambition of Illuminus--just tweaks and additions, mainly.

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:02, A2K wrote:
#3: S ranks have special bullet effects, although I wouldn't mind A and below bullets being dressed up a little at 11 or 21...

#4: The main issue I see with this is that all the types are currently combat-oriented. Synthesis and grinder upgrades aren't handled by your character but by third parties--either your Partner Machine or an attendant at the weapon upgrade counters.

#5: Yes, yes, yes.

All that said, don't expect too many sweeping changes in Ambition of Illuminus--just tweaks and additions, mainly.

Good replyies but as for

4) Easy enough to make a % on your PM get bopsted if you are a special class, and allow that special class to grind as well! I mean if a player makes a weapon why shouldn't they grind it without a middle man? The better a player can grind, the more he can charge, etc. Just add a "Grind" option to the trade window so its a clean transaction...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-27 13:09 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 03:20 PM
It just doesn't make much sense. Why would your Partner Machine's ability to synthesize items have anything to do with your class? If there were a way to further enhance synthesis success rates, it would have to be through modifying the PM that actually does the synthesizing.

As for grinding, it's possible, but... again, it doesn't really make much sense. Even if special training were received to be able to perform weapon upgrades, I don't think that sort of equipment to apply the grinding items could be carried around and set up on a whim like that. Not to mention that the complications presented by specialization--the colony shop only handling Kubara, and the three counters at each manufacturer's stores. If it were that easy why couldn't I just go to any place to grind whatever weapon I wanted regardless of maker in the first place?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'll go with "No" across the board.

Itoshi
Mar 27, 2007, 03:24 PM
I find that we should maybe have weapon specific PA's, like Extra Attacks in PSO. Like special effects and such. #7 Was a awesome Idea. Here is one I thought of.

Say Humans, Newmans, Casts, and Beasts all had the abilty to combo their PA's. Like How PB's used to work. When your Bar is full (Whatever Race) hold down your PA button. A Circle will go around you. After about 5 seconds delay(You won't take damage) A Cut in Chat will display and words will display "PA Burst" or something like that. You'll use a super charged version of your PA. Then others can join (And you'll see them charging up and their cut in chat display.) And you can perform super combo's for massive damage. I think thats what PSU is about, Massive damage.

PJ
Mar 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
As far as I'm concerned, humans are broken. They don't need mags to boost their stats.

Unlike the other races, they are GOOD at everything. Not the best, but excellent at whatever they decide to do. They don't need boosts so that they become even better.

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:20, A2K wrote:
It just doesn't make much sense. Why would your Partner Machine's ability to synthesize items have anything to do with your class? If there were a way to further enhance synthesis success rates, it would have to be through modifying the PM that actually does the synthesizing.

As for grinding, it's possible, but... again, it doesn't really make much sense. Even if special training were received to be able to perform weapon upgrades, I don't think that sort of equipment to apply the grinding items could be carried around and set up on a whim like that. Not to mention that the complications presented by specialization--the colony shop only handling Kubara, and the three counters at each manufacturer's stores. If it were that easy why couldn't I just go to any place to grind whatever weapon I wanted regardless of maker in the first place?

You can easily change the sucess peramiter to include class type in an update/sequal. that is simple enough, as for grinding maybe they could have a special section added to their shop to do so, or even add it to the buyers menu in player's shops, that way if the weapon breaks its "your fault" for grinding too fast.... There is always a way to add or change video games, esp online RPGs, for that matter maybe you can have a list of ites you are willing to buy at a set price and leave the cash in your PM so people can read your "wanting to buy for so much message" and bring the item to your shop to exchange it for the cash left. Just set the price autorized to spend and item limit...

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:22, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I'll go with "No" across the board.

Thats not really an insight or debate, I was hoping you'd either say what was wrong with these ideas or add you own if you had any. Thanks for your response though.

Soukosa
Mar 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-03-27 11:51, XDeviousX wrote:
1) why can't two handed weapons link more then 1 pA? The shift could should allow at least two, if not 3 PA's to be applied, and if not in this game, then maybe part/expansion?

This would be very nice to have.

2)I think it would be sweet if you could link techs to swords to highten elements and add the SE of each element. It wouldn't cast a spell, just add its effect. Maybe a new class that was lvl 10 hunter lvl 10 force?

They don't give hunter type classes high level SEs for a reason. For the elemental boost, if they wanted it higher they'd have the cap higher than 50%.

4) Why can't there be a class devoted to synthing and upgrading weapons? Like say they gave Protransers the ability to synth and upgrade items at a better sucess rate as well as make trapes, etc, wouldn't that make some people want to be compeitive shop owners, esp if say only Protransers could synth certain items/armors/weapons, etc. People would have to buy scapedolls from Potransers and NPC shops etc... (Although this could cause people to inflate prices also, but better sucess rates = less money to cover fro m failures...)

It's much nicer not having to use a specific class for these things and in the end, it'd make no difference since everyone and their dog would have that class (ala RO's merchant class).

6) Humans should get old school mags back to boost their stats to be competitive with other races. Give it a limitted boost so either they could be strong in one area, or decent in many. (better but not great if multy stat raised and good but not amazing if single stat raised..) That would lower the gap for humans in forte class and make them decent in cross classes.. (Then they could kill the bonus to certain types as the player could make their own bonus)

I find the stats of humans to be fine. Besides, if ST felt that they needed a stat boost why not just add it in passively?

They're not fucking mags! Good grief people quit calling them that! Mags from PSO were broken and will never return. Just because they come up a new type of weapon that can be designed to look like a mag for special versions doesn't mean it's a mag or that they will ever return.

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:28, XDeviousX wrote:
You can easily change the sucess peramiter to include class type in an update/sequal. that is simple enough, as for grinding maybe they could have a special section added to their shop to do so...

It's not so much that it is or isn't possible--it just doesn't make sense to do it that way in the context of the game's world.

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:36, A2K wrote:

On 2007-03-27 13:28, XDeviousX wrote:
You can easily change the sucess peramiter to include class type in an update/sequal. that is simple enough, as for grinding maybe they could have a special section added to their shop to do so...

It's not so much that it is or isn't possible--it just doesn't make sense to do it that way in the context of the game's world.

I think a totally player based economy would be a REAL phantasy universe as we would have people synthing items but also buying rare items from players to synth other items. The percentage doesn't have to be super high, it could start at +5% at lvl 1 and add 1% every lvl to ten to have a 15% boost, although it is just an idea and not what is likely to happen as goes for the rest of my ideas, just thought i'd share some thoughs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 03:48 PM
I agree with A2K, it doesn't make any sense within the framework of the game. Personally, the shop system became useless after about 2-3 months. In the long run, rare weapons will never be sold for money, but rather only traded for other equally rare weapons. I do not want to ever see 10-12* weapons sold for Meseta, as that is just stupid.

sakodea
Mar 27, 2007, 03:49 PM
They're not fucking mags! Good grief people quit calling them that! Mags from PSO were broken and will never return. Just because they come up a new type of weapon that can be designed to look like a mag for special versions doesn't mean it's a mag or that they will ever return.

[/quote]
lmao i think they are cause they showed piuctures OF mags u moron..... they are returning from what i can tell dont get me wrong (yet again) i saw pictures of them ON PSU not PSO pictures i could care less if they came or not, its 1 less thing i have to waist money on and feed..... and they are called mags dipshit.... what else are they called...?

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
Calm down, or you'll get a warning.

The article called them "Madoogs"--they're very Mag-like in appearance, yes, but serve an entirely different function in Ambition of Illuminus as left-handed casting weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-27 13:53 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:52, A2K wrote:
Calm down, or you'll get a warning.

The article called them "Madoogs"--they're very Mag-like in appearance, yes, but serve an entirely different function in Ambition of Illuminus as left-handed casting weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-27 13:53 ]</font>

The guy speaks the truth!!!!

Mags could be very broken in PSU, my idea was in the update as the other classes lvl to 200 (if they do) is to have them to boost humans, otherwise you have to lower the growth of the other races, and or raise the growth of humans... I'm sure ST has an answer for this since the project is near the end of production...

Kent
Mar 27, 2007, 04:13 PM
The whole "synth class" thing is a bad idea, and it always has been. It was bad in RO, and basically every other deep-fried and mass-produced Korean ORPG out there - we don't need it here, too.

As for two-handed weapons having multiple PAs, it could be interesting... Especially if you could chain the different attacks together into their own combos, assuming they're properly-levelled. Not a huge combo - they'd still be limited to three steps, and all of the PAs for them would have to be levelled up enough to provide the step in the combo. As if Hunters needed more power, or anything. >_>

In addition to that, I'm thinking a Wartecher-specific two-handed weapon would be appropriate. Such as, a Scythe (about as powerful as a spear, but has slashing attacks that can hit two targets each) - but you can only bind one Skill to it, and holding down the weapon shift button brings up the palette into which you can bind two Techniques. The techniques, of course, determining the elemental attribute and strength thereof (of course, at a higher percentage than other casting weapons - 30% bonus if both are the same element? Has to be significant, at the very least). Wartecher could really use something like that currently, being that there is no left-handed casting weapon, but even though the expansion is bringing one in, a unique two-handed weapon option for Wartecher would be very good.

As far as combining techniques, I'd like to see this return, too. The two ways to do it, would be something like... You have to either cast the same-type (for example, both use Ra- techniques, or both use basic techniques) technique within both close proximity of the other Force, and both of your casts become the new technique. That, or one person could cast both techniques, simply by pressing both buttons in sequence, before the technique finishes casting... They would, however, expend the PP for both techniques. Naturally, it'd only apply to attack techniques.

As for linking techniques to guns... You already have elemental bullets, and you can't even use techniques without being part Force, so... Maybe giving Guntecher the ability to use extra PP per shot, to get the attributes of that technique added to bullets (for example, Barta/Zonde would get limited-piercing bullets, or Ra- techniques for a small AOE). That could be interesting, but I don't know if Rangers want to spend that much more PP on bullets, than they already do.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 27, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:33, XDeviousX wrote:

I knew about the new mags, I meant something more like the past version... But thanks for the reply...

7) Newmans should have the ability to put techs with the same elements on a rod and charge it like a Nao or SuV and cast an extra powerful spell of that element. I know all rods get a bonus when all the techs are the same element but newmans being able to merge them and cause a big burst of damage would make them a bit more special...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-27 12:34 ]</font>

If Newmans get an ability like Nanoblast or SUV, it would be better if it was something that they can do as non-Forces.

HyperDrachen
Mar 27, 2007, 05:05 PM
I like idea #1 thought about multi PA linking myself. but it needn't be restricted to two handed weapons.

The control layout for the game doesnt use the left trigger.
Guns have no Y button.

Left trigger should bring up the weapon switch/item use window.
Doing so frees up B.

For melee weapons X and Y retain thier current purpose and B becomes an additional PA link slot.

For two handed weapons the same applies however pressing the shift bumper brings you to a second page with either 3 more link slots, or Regular attack and 2 more link slots.

For 1 handed ranged weapons I would recomend making X the only slot you could link an elemental shot to, while leaving Y and B for the special shots. That would simplify the change of the code and keep there from being buggieness in determining the elemental bonus for the gun. Its a little restrictive but the upside would be those non elemental special shots now getting the bonus from the gun having an element on it.

For 2 handed special weapons I would again restrict elements to X and otherwise follow the 1 hand gun treatment, but, give them two pages just like rods and 2 the proposed handers.

Wands add the B slot
Rods add the B slot

With all this new photon shinanigan I would Increase the PP on all weapons but especially rods.

Reduce the cost of photon recharging, some love for the techers and rangers out there.

VanHalen
Mar 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
Buy a pair of knuckles.

King137
Mar 27, 2007, 06:40 PM
i think that we should be able to punch like in pso

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
Now having an invisible pair of knuckles would be cool, as some kubara knuckles or something.

King137
Mar 27, 2007, 06:43 PM
ya but bein able to just fight witout a weapon was fun to mess around wit

Sharkyland
Mar 27, 2007, 06:47 PM
I love being barehanded in PSO, kinda fun... especially in cmode where you had to drop you're weapons to open that switch. Fun fun times... have the FOmarl action, slap slap shove.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-03-27 15:05, HyperDrachen wrote:
Reduce the cost of photon recharging, some love for the techers and rangers out there.

While melee weapons have much less PP than ranged weapons, filling them up costs at least as much, if not more.

Angelo
Mar 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-03-27 11:51, XDeviousX wrote:

This is something I never understood. It's still sapping from the same PP pool, it would, in fact, make melee PAs slower to level than they already are.

Hunters would feel the struggle/accomplishment of leveling a bunch've PA's the way Forces do.

Weeaboolits
Mar 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
I would love to get the old hand to hand stuff, it was absolutely priceless going back to normal dificulty and totally pwning a booma by punching it in the face with no weapon equipped.

On the subject of Madoogs, if it looks like a Mag and it floats like a Mag, people'll call it a Mag.

As far as the class that was suggested to affect synthing, as said before, it doesn't make sense because YOU ARE NOT THE ONE DOING THE ACTUAL SYNTHING, your PM is, all you do is give it the mats and feed it.

And lastly, IF we ever got the old Mags back (which I severely doubt, especially with our shiny new Madoogs on the way), I'd rather have PB to use that little bar, it could be the Human/Newman equivilent to Nano/SUV that people have been wanting; however, I doubt it'll ever happen.

ShinMaruku
Mar 27, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:28, PJ wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, humans are broken. They don't need mags to boost their stats.

Unlike the other races, they are GOOD at everything. Not the best, but excellent at whatever they decide to do. They don't need boosts so that they become even better.

Since they are the creator race I'd find it apt. But rather make it like Olga Flow's DNA make them modify themselves and become Ubermench

XDeviousX
Mar 27, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-03-27 17:38, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I would love to get the old hand to hand stuff, it was absolutely priceless going back to normal dificulty and totally pwning a booma by punching it in the face with no weapon equipped.

On the subject of Madoogs, if it looks like a Mag and it floats like a Mag, people'll call it a Mag.

As far as the class that was suggested to affect synthing, as said before, it doesn't make sense because YOU ARE NOT THE ONE DOING THE ACTUAL SYNTHING, your PM is, all you do is give it the mats and feed it.

And lastly, IF we ever got the old Mags back (which I severely doubt, especially with our shiny new Madoogs on the way), I'd rather have PB to use that little bar, it could be the Human/Newman equivilent to Nano/SUV that people have been wanting; however, I doubt it'll ever happen.

Did you read my reply? Good idea or not they can make it so that a special class cann add % to synthing, i.e. your PM gains a bonus when you have said special class. Everyone knows PMs do the synthing...

I like the feed back from most people as they are giving good reasons and opinions to my post, I might add a few more ideas I was thinking of later...

Umberger
Mar 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
#5 is the best Newman nanoblast/SUV gauge idea I've heard. =p

I would like to be able to use the real Megiddo as a "mega spell", the uber powerful one that like destroyed entire towns and such, not the lame purple ball we get.

zandra117
Mar 27, 2007, 08:58 PM
I want them to make the fighting system a bit more like PSO. The PSU system is a little too much of a button masher.

I would like to see Skills and Bullets redone to allow weapon based special attacks.

I would like revivals by moon atomizers to be like scape doll revivals where you lose no mission score.

I would like scape dolls to be taken out of NPC shops and then the only way to obtain them is through other players or uncommon drops.

I would like the TECHNICs to be redone to make them more unique from eachother and to give them different uses based on the situation.

I think they should make leveling TECHNICs based on elements, for example if you level barta up, all your other ice techniques gain some experience. That would make it where you won't rely on your highest leveled TECHNIC in battle all the time. You would have several technics around the same level to chose from.

Umberger
Mar 27, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-03-27 18:58, zandra117 wrote:
I think they should make leveling TECHNICs based on elements, for example if you level barta up, all your other ice techniques gain some experience. That would make it where you won't rely on your highest leveled TECHNIC in battle all the time. You would have several technics around the same level to chose from.

Buff circles would be 1,000x more broken.

zandra117
Mar 27, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-03-27 19:07, Umberger wrote:

Buff circles would be 1,000x more broken.

Not if they make it where you can't level buffs by using them. To level buffs you have to indirectly level them by using other technics of the same element.

Weeaboolits
Mar 27, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-03-27 18:54, Umberger wrote:
#5 is the best Newman nanoblast/SUV gauge idea I've heard. =p

I would like to be able to use the real Megiddo as a "mega spell", the uber powerful one that like destroyed entire towns and such, not the lame purple ball we get.

Isn't Megiddo a mountain range? I remember that the word Armageddon is derived from it ^__^

pineapple
Mar 27, 2007, 09:47 PM
I want them to make the fighting system a bit more like PSO. The PSU system is a little too much of a button masher.

I would like to see Skills and Bullets redone to allow weapon based special attacks.

Yes, please.

When I first played, I tried to figure out a rhythm to combos. Then I learned that it works best just to hit the button over and over as fast as you can. That's cool...
No weapon specials? There goes half the fun of rares.

Weeaboolits
Mar 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-03-27 19:47, pineapple wrote:

Yes, please.

When I first played, I tried to figure out a rhythm to combos. Then I learned that it works best just to hit the button over and over as fast as you can. That's cool...
No weapon specials? There goes half the fun of rares.

I did the same exact thing, when I was first playing I had a hard time with the single daggers because of the weird attack animation, then I realized you could just mash the button, it makes the game significantly easier, but...
btw, last time I played PSO I kept screwing up my combos 'cause I kept forgetting that I had to press it with the correct timing ;_;

Alisha
Mar 27, 2007, 10:00 PM
i dont know about classes but theres some things i'd like to see.
beasts-expand on nanoblasts. i'd mainly like to see a nanoblast form with ranged physical attacks. if you compare nanoblasts with SUV's nanoblasts are somewhat lacking in diversity. at the very least id be happy if they made the current nanoblast forms all look different. i would also like to see different applications for blast badges.

Humans-increase the prefered race bonus for hybrid types only. 2-3% is pathetic and sad except for hp.

newmans-in the story mode it is shown that newmans possess a technology that allows them to etch techniques into a seal. its how mirei is able to cast recovery techs without a weapon. to facillitate this i would make newmans have to fill the blast guage first and random techs would temporairly become thier pallete or something.

general-this may be asking a bit much but i'd like to see ata split into 2 categories physical accuracy and ranged accuracy. this would allow beasts to have a higher physical accuracy without making them have high ranged accuracy. the way it is now is at odd's with the sex based stats bonuses.

Pengfishh
Mar 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
I like the button mashing. Keeps me focused on what I'm hitting, not when to press the button to hit something.

And it'd certainly be neato to be able to combine PA levels. Say, first part Buten Shuren-zan, second part of Shunbu Shuren-zan consecutively. Custom combos are certainly neato, right?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-03-27 20:00, Alisha wrote:

general-this may be asking a bit much but i'd like to see ata split into 2 categories physical accuracy and ranged accuracy. this would allow beasts to have a higher physical accuracy without making them have high ranged accuracy. the way it is now is at odd's with the sex based stats bonuses.

That would make several classes very broken, bad idea.

Alisha
Mar 27, 2007, 11:49 PM
how so? what would be broken?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 11:51 PM
It really depends on how you would change it, but it would have potential for making doublesabers and axes way overpowered. Also, it takes away pretty much the only stat-deficiency of a Wartecher.

Alternatively, if you just separated the stats but left them grossly the same (in hope of not breaking any class), then there really wouldn't be any point to it.

Alisha
Mar 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
that could be easily fixed by altering the accuracy percentages on those weapons. newmans have no weakness in thier forte,so why should beasts? cast ata is an eye roller when it comes to melee classes.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 28, 2007, 12:13 AM
Because ATA isn't nearly as important as it was in PSO, that's why.

The "weakness" of Beast Fortefighters doesn't amount to much, because they still hit most of the time, and every attack is 100% accurate from behind.

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2007, 12:24 AM
On 2007-03-27 17:38, Ronin_Cooper wrote:On the subject of Madoogs, if it looks like a Mag and it floats like a Mag, people'll call it a Mag.But PMs look nothing like Mags, but what does the mass majority of the community call them? Mags http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It would be nice to see Newmans get something cool like a Photon Blast, but ST would probably just make them do Mediocre damage, or super buffs/debuffs

Humans I've said it once and I'll say it again, increased Synth% since after all they did make all the other races http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'd like to see the ability to truly mix and match, instead of a Twin Saber weapon, why not allow us to just equip two different Sabers, once that happens then we have to use the Twin Saber PAs, Honestly I know you all want to live out those Anakin Skywalker times with a Blue and Red Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 12:33 AM
On 2007-03-27 20:00, Alisha wrote:
newmans-in the story mode it is shown that newmans possess a technology that allows them to etch techniques into a seal. its how mirei is able to cast recovery techs without a weapon. to facillitate this i would make newmans have to fill the blast guage first and random techs would temporairly become thier pallete or something.

I'd like for them to completely throw away the newman = spellcaster stereotype. Make a new spellcasting race, with low physical stats and insanely high mental stats, and take away newman's bonus towards force.
As a PS fanboy, I'm getting sick of hearing how newmen should have abilities that expand on their spellcasting capabilities when they only became better spell casters starting with PSO.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 28, 2007, 12:37 AM
Look, Zorafirm, I understand where you're coming from, but changing that would really mess up pretty much everything. Maybe in a future game, but not in PSU.

You may not like it, but Newmans are best suited for tech-casting. Numans were not traditionally in this role (it was the Espers mostly, and they actually used magic, not techniques, which is an entirely different dispute), but Newmans are in it now, and you just need to accept it.

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 12:39 AM
But, but, I can't...

bleyzwun
Mar 28, 2007, 03:40 AM
What would be really cool would be to have different combo sets similar to Naruto for GC (X, X, Y, X or X, Y, X, Y, Y, Y or something like that). I guess it would be kind of limiting with only 2 buttons... but there should be enough to do a few. Also in naruto each direction you pushed did a different attack for your special attack. Probably won't ever happen but i thought it would be cool lol.

XDeviousX
Mar 28, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-03-27 22:11, Alisha wrote:
that could be easily fixed by altering the accuracy percentages on those weapons. newmans have no weakness in thier forte,so why should beasts? cast ata is an eye roller when it comes to melee classes.

I almost agreed with this, but, lower hp and defense is a HUGE weakness... Cast on the other hand get by through any class with huge benifits in one form or another... (Their defense as a force is a great asset esp if they mainly focus on buff/debuff)