PDA

View Full Version : Are there plans to link all the servers?

Radueriel
Mar 27, 2007, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know if they will ever link PC/PS2 with Xbox 360? It can't be totally impossible, have they said if there are any plans to try and get it done?

JAFO22000
Mar 27, 2007, 02:35 PM
No plans.

Midicronica
Mar 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
^What he said.

And I hope not.

sakodea
Mar 27, 2007, 02:38 PM
I doubt it cause theres hacking and money issue's, yes i know the hacking has mostly gone away but theres still chances it can come back. Plus all the money peopl have on pc/ps2 would screw up 360's. Plus the Voice Chat would get in the way since ps2/pc dont have it.
Also it would make sega lose money because people would quit because xbox 360 players dont wanna deal with the hacking possibilities and all the money problems so unless they fix EVERYTHING on Ps2/Pc i highly doubt they will, But dont get me wrong they still might just not likely.

Amalga
Mar 27, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:34, Radueriel wrote:
Does anyone know if they will ever link PC/PS2 with Xbox 360? It can't be totally impossible, have they said if there are any plans to try and get it done?

That won't happen, ever. You're asking Sony and Microsoft to work together and integrate their online services. Trust me, they have no plans whatsoever to soften up that competition.

It's not so much an issue of SEGA or ST losing out on any money.

Rashiid
Mar 27, 2007, 03:03 PM
u cant just LINK them, ud hav to make totally different servers. all over again.

its not just a mere plug.
(this is from GM on official sites, not excat quote, but point was drawn across.)

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:59, Amalga wrote:
That won't happen, ever. You're asking Sony and Microsoft to work together and integrate their online services. Trust me, they have no plans whatsoever to soften up that competition.

It's not so much an issue of SEGA or ST losing out on any money.

Sony does not have an online service for the Playstation 2, nor does PSU utilize anything of the sort. Such a thing isn't an issue for Final Fantasy XI, which is on the same three platforms as Phantasy Star Universe is.

Back to the main topic, though, don't expect it to happen any time soon. I think it easily could be reconciled and made to happen, yes, but simply put, it won't be.

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-03-27 12:35, JAFO22000 wrote:
No plans.

Amalga
Mar 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:05, A2K wrote:

Sony does not have an online service for the Playstation 2, nor does PSU utilize anything of the sort. Such a thing isn't an issue for Final Fantasy XI, which is on the same three platforms as Phantasy Star Universe is.

The PS2 doesn't have a centralized service, no. Microsoft, however, does, and even though PSU activity is hosted server-side, you have to go through LIVE to get to it (as in needing a gamertag and a Gold Subscription to play online). Same with FFXI.

Granted I was thinking of the PS3 when I said that. Does FFXI's servers cross platform boundaries, though? I imagine they wouldn't, but it they do, kudos.