PDA

View Full Version : A silly little thought.

Jeremiah
Mar 27, 2007, 05:30 PM
Struggling in the Hive with my poor low level range I got a little idea:

The rangers, never ever have a use for the second attack button, so I thought of the option of allowing rangers to have an alternate attack involving bludgeoning enemies with their guns (aka pistol whipping or butt stroking). Perhaps it could aid some lower levels who haven't the money for extra ammo or perhaps give it a knock back to reestablish distance between your targets.

I can easily see how it wouldn't be very useful later on or perhaps make rangers way too easy to use but it would look neat. Simply food for thought.

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 05:31 PM
Pistol whipping would be badass XD

"STFU BITCH" *smack*

RadiantLegend
Mar 27, 2007, 05:34 PM
Maybe something along a "hyper shot" that takes more PP.

zandra117
Mar 27, 2007, 05:34 PM
They should make the second button allow rangers to side roll like you see the casts do in Endrum Remnants.

DikkyRay
Mar 27, 2007, 05:36 PM
OMG Throwing your wep XD
"Shit this weps outta PP!!!!" *Chucks it at Falkis*

Tita
Mar 27, 2007, 05:40 PM
that, my friend, would rule massively, and make gunners the best class ever

it also reminds me of how i kinda miss being able to whack things with wands/rods in PSO. not much for damage, but i got a kick everytime i whacked a booma with my rod. beat choo with steeeeek!

Kaydin
Mar 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
Whacking stuff with the Striker Of Chao was the greatest.

Nyaa~!

Sharkyland
Mar 27, 2007, 06:05 PM
Have a needle on the end of the gun... -sticks it into an enemy-...

Hey my pp's recharged.

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 06:23 PM
It would definitely be kinda neat, but unless it was more than that I couldn't see it being implemented.

CelestialBlade
Mar 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
The second button should make my Guntecher shove her boot up some unfortunate creature's ass.

Kupi
Mar 27, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-03-27 15:30, Jeremiah wrote:

The rangers, never ever have a use for the second attack button, so I thought of the option of allowing rangers to have an alternate attack involving bludgeoning enemies with their guns (aka pistol whipping or butt stroking). Perhaps it could aid some lower levels who haven't the money for extra ammo or perhaps give it a knock back to reestablish distance between your targets.

I can easily see how it wouldn't be very useful later on or perhaps make rangers way too easy to use but it would look neat. Simply food for thought.

I beg your pardon?!

Jeremiah
Mar 27, 2007, 06:39 PM
Its a term for striking something with the "butt" or end of your rifle. Think not dirty thoughts.

On thing I also thought of is allow PAs that involve alot of movement like Hunter skills, only with firearms, ala Devil May Cry. It would more or less be making a hunter with guns which would be odd, but as I said, all of this is just for fun and not hoping. Perhaps they should make some PAs exclusive for certain hybrid classes like the above being only for FiGunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeremiah on 2007-03-27 16:39 ]</font>

CoSine
Mar 27, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-03-27 16:28, Kupi wrote:

I beg your pardon?!

Hey its not a bad idea... XD
I wanna see my character stroke her butt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ...although I cant say the same for males...

Mystil
Mar 27, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-03-27 15:34, Ragolismine wrote:
Maybe something along a "hyper shot" that takes more PP.

Charge attack sounds like a nice idea.

Could work like this:

Power of desired shot and SE chance is increased by hold long the button is pressed with max PP not exceeding 100PP.

Angelo
Mar 27, 2007, 07:05 PM
No way, that extra button needs to give Rangers the ability to strafe-roll like the NPCs

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
You're right, that's a very silly thought.

JeffHikari
Mar 28, 2007, 04:44 AM
Ah, a "Battle Enhancement" thread.

Here's my take on things (Not Just for rangers!)

-Everyone should get a quick step/dodge roll. Monster Hunter did it, why can't PSU?

-2-handed weapons should get a second attack/PA slot set for the R1 button. Rods have it.
Hunters:
-More types of basic strikes. Maybe a more DMC-style system, where locking on gives more attack options, like to lunge, jump-strike or something. Or to do one better, a God Hand-style combo customizer with various buy-able, bind-able attacks!

Rangers:
-Like the TC stated, a Melee attack/Alternate shot for guns. Again, Monster Hunter did it. Melee was a useless attack for gunners in MH, but it was still there.

Forces:
-Lock-on with spells. It's practically an art getting spells to hit.

doubleEXP
Mar 28, 2007, 08:10 AM

That's actually a pretty good idea.

omegapirate2k
Mar 28, 2007, 08:57 AM
On 2007-03-27 15:36, DikkyRay wrote:
OMG Throwing your wep XD
"Shit this weps outta PP!!!!" *Chucks it at Falkis*

Bad idea:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThrowAwayGuns

CyarVictor
Mar 28, 2007, 10:17 AM
X for one bullet
Y for a different bullet

Amalga
Mar 28, 2007, 10:27 AM
I like the melee idea, for the simple fact that guns are pretty much useless when they run out of PP. Seeing as Rangers are quite limited in their choice of melee weapons, it'd make up for that weakness. Of course, it'd defeat the purpose if it did a lot of damage.

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-03-28 02:44, JeffHikari wrote:
-Everyone should get a quick step/dodge roll.

-2-handed weapons should get a second attack/PA slot set for the R1 button.

This.

Kuea
Mar 28, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-03-27 16:05, Sharkyland wrote:
Have a needle on the end of the gun... -sticks it into an enemy-...

Hey my pp's recharged.

Am I the only one who thought of the grenade launcher? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

seriously... Why can't you run up to an enemy, impale them on the two spikes on the front end of your launcher, then fire to send them flying? it would be so annoyign to every other class!

KamiSori
Mar 28, 2007, 02:58 PM
i also mentioned this in the Ideas for Illuminas thread. i suggested that rangers should at least be able to equip 2 bullets to a gun because like u said they have no use for the Y/Triangle button currently. i must say the ideas of them using evasion and manuevering skills are much more interesting.

A2K
Mar 28, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-03-28 08:49, Kuea wrote:
Am I the only one who thought of the grenade launcher? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

seriously... Why can't you run up to an enemy, impale them on the two spikes on the front end of your launcher, then fire to send them flying? it would be so annoyign to every other class!

...Brute Shot?

Stezan
Mar 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
I think it would be useful to assign traps to the other button so they do not take up palette space

Randomness
Mar 28, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:54, Stezan wrote:
I think it would be useful to assign traps to the other button so they do not take up palette space

Or at least so they can be used while shooting.

Although I'd prefer the combat rolls.

Fulgore
Mar 28, 2007, 09:26 PM
ROTFLMAO http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I love this Thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
Mar 28, 2007, 10:19 PM
I mentioned this earlier as an extra slot item to add bayonette's on the end of guns http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maybe just to increase melee-gun damage?

XP

Libram
Mar 28, 2007, 10:43 PM
Instead of a melee attack give ranged weapons the option to cycle through elements without having to enter the menu.