PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact that I found in story mode. {spoiler}

zandra117
Mar 27, 2007, 07:47 PM
I was talking to NPCs on offline and I found out that the guy behind the counter in the moatoob pub's name is Gawik Vopa. (He used to be a legendary rouge. He stopped being a rouge and became a bar tender after he lost his temper and nanoblasted, killing his best friend Olson Waber. Yes... Gawik killed Ethan's father. O.O)

You can find this dialouge in chapter 12, go to Moatoob and run back and forth talking to Gawik and The small beast standing in front of Tenora Works if you want to hear it.

DikkyRay
Mar 27, 2007, 07:48 PM
holy craP!
only one problem
online story mode hints at Olson being alive! ZOMG INDEED

Radiata
Mar 27, 2007, 07:51 PM
DOUBLE ZOMG. Really I can't post anything more intelligent lol.

Szem
Mar 27, 2007, 07:56 PM
Lol i would stab the guy at the pub if I was Ethan

3R
Mar 27, 2007, 07:58 PM
So he was a badass rouge and his best friend was a Guardian...? I find it kinda weird, but hey why not.

Later Ill go see this guy

omegapirate2k
Mar 27, 2007, 08:02 PM
Holy shnikies!

The plot thickens!

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 08:19 PM
He may have known Ethan's father, and he may have allegedly killed his best friend, but I don't think his best friend = Ethan's father. I definitely would have remembered a detail like that when I went through it myself the first time.

zandra117
Mar 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
Maybe Olson Waber didn't actually die when Gawik pummeled him. Someone might have found him barely alive and saved him by turning him into Magashi. (Just like Darth Vader lol)

On 2007-03-27 18:19, A2K wrote:
He may have known Ethan's father, and he may have allegedly killed his best friend, but I don't think his best friend = Ethan's father. I definitely would have remembered a detail like that when I went through it myself the first time.

(Gawik was trying to keep from saying Orson's name like he was hiding a secret. I would think he would only be like that to keep people from knowing who the friend was that he killed)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-03-27 18:27 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Mar 27, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-03-27 18:21, zandra117 wrote:
Maybe Orson Waber didn't actually die when Gawik pummeled him. Someone might have found him barely alive and saved him by turning him into Magashi. (Just like Darth Vader lol)

Magashi: Ethan I am your father.
Ethan: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Magashi: Give inot the seed-side

zandra117
Mar 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
I like how Ethan is totally clueless as to what Gawik said, all Ethan says is "So he did know my father."

ShinMaruku
Mar 27, 2007, 08:32 PM
To be honset Ethan's a dumbass. He don't know all the free booty he could have gotten.....

A2K
Mar 28, 2007, 02:29 AM
On 2007-03-27 18:30, zandra117 wrote:
I like how Ethan is totally clueless as to what Gawik said, all Ethan says is "So he did know my father."

That's not really conclusive: It seems more likely to me Gawik is just trying to get away from his past entirely. I don't think they'd relegate something as important as and as relevant to the main character as that in just some NPC chatter.

Serephim
Mar 28, 2007, 06:14 AM
On 2007-03-27 18:26, ShinMaruku wrote:

Maybe Orson Waber didn't actually die when Gawik pummeled him. Someone might have found him barely alive and saved him by turning him into Magashi. (Just like Darth Vader lol)

That quote is SO made of win.

+219012 awesome points.

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 07:03 AM
This is all I could get out of them:

Gawik: My friend left this bar behind. I really don't want to leave it.
Ethan: Your friend?
Gawik: Er... Maybe I said too much.
Gawik: Let's change the subject.

Ethan: Hello, Gawik.
Gawik: Well, well, Mr. Waber! Thanks for stopping by!
Ethan: Can I ask you a question?
Gawik: Sure, what is it?
Ethan: Why are you always in such a good mood?
Gawik: Isn't that a good thing?
Gawik: I think life would be pretty horrible if I were in a bad mood all the time!
Ethan: Yeah, I guess so.

Gawik: Relaxed and happy, my friend, relaxed and happy. It's the best way to live!
Ethan: That's true.
Gawik: Way back when, your father was... Whoops, that just slipped out!
Ethan: (I guess he did know my dad.)

Bukle: So I guess you're pals with Gawik at the pub, eh?
Ethan: I wouldn't say we're pals exactly...
Ethan: (What was his name again?)

Bukle: What's your relationship with the boss?
Ethan: I told you we aren't pals, I just stopped into his pub...
Bukle: I see.
Ethan: (Hm... I can't remember who this guy is...)

Bukle: Hey, Ethan!
Ethan: Hey, Blukle!
Bukle: ...It's Bukle! Meh, forget it...
Bukle: It looks like you don't know, so I'll tell you this once...
Ethan: Tell me what?
Bukle: About the boss. You never heard of Gawik Vopa?
Bukle: He was a legendary rogue.
Ethan: Really!

Bukle: You'd better watch how you talk to him. He's been known to kill over nothin'.
Ethan: Really?

Ethan: Hey, Bokle!
Bukle: ...It's Bukle! Meh, forget it...
Bukle: Did you hear? I became the master's pupil!
Ethan: Yeah?
Bukle: The pupil of Gawik Vopa, the legendary rogue! ...Aren't you surprised?
Ethan: Yeah...surprised.

Bukle: Have you ever seen the master's nanoblast?
Bukle: I hear there's nothing you can do about it!
Ethan: (You've never seen it yourself either, have you?)

Ethan: Hey, Bukle!
Bukle: You finally got my name right!
Bukle: But more importantly...
Bukle: Have you ever seen the master get mad?
Ethan: Um...
Bukle: I heard that a long time ago, during a big fight, he killed his closest friend.
Bukle: Since then, I guess he stopped nanoblasting for good.
Ethan: Is that so?

Bukle: I'm eager to try out my nanoblast sometime soon!
Ethan: (I doubt it'd be very impressive.)

Ethan: Hello, Gawik!
Gawik: Well, well, Mr. Waber! Thanks for your continued patronage!
Ethan: (He doesn't look like a rogue.)
Ethan: Gawik, I heard you used to be a rogue...
Gawik: Gimme a break! Is that what Bukle's been telling people?

Gawik: I washed my hands of that stuff a long time ago.
Gawik: Now my only goal is to keep this place in business.
Ethan: Sorry, I didn't mean to pry.

Mystil
Mar 28, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-03-27 18:26, ShinMaruku wrote:

Eh.

It would have been funnier if you poked on the whole Endrum Collective thing. You know..the borg..collective.

=P *runs*

3R
Mar 28, 2007, 08:55 AM
So its settled this gawyk guy did not kill Orson but knew him...

You know, I think ST may link Orson's death to Laia like err.. saving her from the Illuminus when she was a scrapped baby, and that would be why she hates Ethan so much, lol.

omegapirate2k
Mar 28, 2007, 09:08 AM
Yes, if I had laia for a daughter, I'd scrap her too.

Akaimizu
Mar 28, 2007, 11:02 AM
No. You'd find out about her through the emotional feelings of your true son. And then you would TURN HER TO THE DARKSIDE!!!!

What?!..... Oh!! I thought you were talking about LEIA! My mistake. What a difference one letter makes.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 11:47 AM
Laia... hmmm Princess Leia? XD
Well they did knock off the Deaht Star with the Death Eggg now all I'm waiting for is some dude lookin like the Pope... er Galactic Emperor..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2007-03-28 09:58 ]</font>

MayLee
Mar 28, 2007, 12:11 PM
Maybe the reason Gawik stays happy so he wont lose his temper and go off nanoblasting on someone..

Kinky. o.O

RadiantLegend
Mar 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
Whats with the laia hate. I happen to like her.

Akaimizu
Mar 28, 2007, 01:10 PM
Just one comment or two, from a couple people, doesn't constitute much in Laia hate. I actually don't mind the character at all. However, I do think my character is misrepresented by being so mute, in the story.

Heck, if my character was really cast into the same scenes, she'd have quite a few comments of her own. Tynselle is spunky and sports a 'tude. No way she'd keep silent. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif She only gets silent on specific issues she feels might bring too much *twubil* from the wrong places.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-28 11:12 ]</font>

Xaeris
Mar 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
I can say I dislike Laia. She's like a Mary Sue in a fanfiction. She knows every bloody character, is at the focus of every main event in the online story and that "twist" about who her father is didn't help anything. If Xaelis could talk, he'd have called her a noisy skank on no less than twenty occasions. And he wouldn't be doing any of this bowing garbage either.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
Most folks jump on the bandwagon of hating Laia some have legitame hate but few have hate for ST ineptness.

Weeaboolits
Mar 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
Not to derail the Laia discussion, but does anyone remember the name of the event at the beginning of story mode? you know, the one with the devine maiden and the SEED attack and whatnot? I seem to have forgotten...