PDA

View Full Version : Pretty new to psu , any tips?

RisingTide
Mar 28, 2007, 03:00 PM
I started playing psu about a week and a half ago (xbox 360) but I havent really have much time to play. I currently have a lvl 10 newman force. I was wondering if anyone has any tips they could give me or if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

villenium
Mar 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
I'm sure that there are loads of threads on here that would be useful to you.

As a noob (lvl 48 force after two months) my recommendations would be to not buy anything (weps/armour) until you have maxxed out what you can do with your existing kit.

Buy Resta/Diga as soon as you can. Use them often. Then research on here which techniques will work for you and invest wisely.

Make an early decision on how you want to raise your PM for battle assistance and synthesising later on.

Keep everything you find for now. Open a shop as soon as you can and undercut NPC prices by some margin. You may think no one needs three star wands anymore but many higher level characters will buy them to feed to their PM's.

Most importantly: enjoy every game - whether it's for exp, items, meseta or just for the hell of it. Every run should be worthwhile and not a grind!

JAFO22000
Mar 28, 2007, 03:09 PM
Don't trust the trade window. Actually, don't trust anyone.

Zero-mx
Mar 28, 2007, 03:11 PM
Find a good party to play with if you can, that always helps; soloing isn't always fun.
I'd also say that you should start grinding your weapons around lvl. 20s, as grinded weapons can be as strong as higher rank weapons, or stronger, and will reduce the amount of PP recharge for your wands; you will be using a lot of PP.

I wouldn't worry so much about hunting anything just yet; just team up with some people and get used to the game and have fun!

DurakkenX
Mar 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
avoid Parn >.>

RisingTide
Mar 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the info

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-03-28 13:09, JAFO22000 wrote:

You can trust me. Even JAFO trusts me.

TheLOLBandit
Mar 28, 2007, 03:47 PM
my characters name is St. Milk if you see me roaming around somewhere don't hesitate to stop me and ask me for help

JAFO22000
Mar 28, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-03-28 13:25, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-03-28 13:09, JAFO22000 wrote:

You can trust me. Even JAFO trusts me.

I don't even trust myself....one time my friends were AFK in my room and I got bored...so I took that Alteric +6 that I had for sale for 100,000 (that wasn't moving at that price) and thought to myself.."Oh, i have some B +7's...if I grind this, it can replace the +6 that I have in my inventory". Now, since nobody was there to stop me, I thought this to be a grand idea, so I took it to the Kubara shop and....it broke on the first grind. Then, as I was leaving I thought to myself "I have the +6 that I use in my inventory...I can't break 2 in a row grinding, right???...what're the odds??" Luckily I came to my senses and ran out of that grinding place "tout de suite".

So, to reiterate...Don't trust ANYONE!

Dhylec
Mar 28, 2007, 04:35 PM
Jokes aside, just remember to enjoy yourself. Afterall, it's a game, not a job.

Johann
Mar 29, 2007, 01:28 AM
Yah... don't sux.

necman
Mar 29, 2007, 04:53 PM
see you got your answer. Don't trust anyone watch your back and when your subscription ends run like hell. You may also want to sell kubara wood for half a million a piece and complain about hexeta.

DikkyRay
Mar 29, 2007, 05:15 PM
Or you can listen to someone else lol
Find a group of ppl you can trust. On PC/PS2.... dunno how that will work for ya.
Anyway, this group, make sure you play with them 90% of the time. Will make the game more enjoyable,and you wont get noobs or elitist douchebags.
BTW i trust like 10 Ppl completely. I'd give these guys a 12* and know i'll be getting it back

EDIT: Sorry you are 360.
Seeing as MANY PSOW users play there, i suggest you join them. They'll help you get sstarted.
And i guess you dont trust anyone on there.
Actually,nvm. You can trust Parn, but thats about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-03-29 15:28 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Mar 29, 2007, 05:24 PM
Dikky, I'd BETTER be one of those...D=

Back on topic, you're on the 360, but I'll do my best.

Don't trust ANYONE until you find people you really can trust. Then, party with them and nobody else.

That's my take on it.

Kiku
Mar 29, 2007, 09:16 PM
when i started, i joined a party of 5 a long time ago, now, we're all good friends on PSU. Also, if someone asked you to give them 10k+, ATLEAST make sure they can be trusted/ you;ve known them for awhile.

Oh yea, NEVER drop your weapon in battle.

Weeaboolits
Mar 29, 2007, 11:09 PM
Try not to get surrounded!
Er... wait, wrong game... ^_^'