PDA

View Full Version : There should be friggin Nanoblast arts....

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 07:34 PM
Like PAs but use the Nanoblast Gauge quickly and be like Dante's Kick 13 auto combo in DMC. You would really lay the beat down with that.

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 28, 2007, 07:50 PM
or there should be an Ultimate Nano blast that either cost 99 PA frags, or many millions of meseta, that would increase all attributes greatly.

THE JACKEL

DikkyRay
Mar 28, 2007, 07:58 PM
Or at least get different forms.
Or can like, bite people

Weakness
Mar 28, 2007, 08:08 PM
Or you could stop bitching about the special ability that other races don't even get one to begin with.

XDeviousX
Mar 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:08, Weakness wrote:
Or you could stop bitching about the special ability that other races don't even get one to begin with.

Cast SuV's

over 17 crea weapons newman human only...

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 08:13 PM

This ain't bitchin and I got other plans for the other races too.

EphekZ
Mar 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:12, XDeviousX wrote:

Cast SuV's

SUV's become useless later on

crea weps...yeah...

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 08:17 PM

Cast SuV's

SUV weapons are great when used by a CAST in their intended job classes.

A rank Creas are only 7* and terribly ineffective when used by a Newman playing their intended job class(not plural you see).

I'd like a special ability for my Newman self before we make beasts amazingly broken thx.

XDeviousX
Mar 28, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:17, Sychosis wrote:

Cast SuV's

A rank Creas are only 7* and terribly ineffective when used by a Newman playing their intended job class(not plural you see).

I'd like a special ability for my Newman self before we make beasts amazingly broken thx.

Nano blast aren't that great, neither are SuV's and I've said it before and I'll say it again, crea weopons are effective all the time. They don't need to charge before being used and they will grind well when a grinders get released... SuVs last in 1 burst and nano blasts aren't long either and do less damage total then two full gravity dance combos with at least 20% opposed element...

Jakosifer
Mar 28, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:27, XDeviousX wrote:

On 2007-03-28 18:17, Sychosis wrote:

Cast SuV's

Nano blast aren't that great, neither are SuV's and I've said it before and I'll say it again, crea weopons are effective all the time. They don't need to charge before being used and they will grind well when a grinders get released... SuVs last in 1 burst and nano blasts aren't long either and do less damage total then two full gravity dance combos with at least 20% opposed element...

....The man kinda has a point there. =/

natewifi
Mar 28, 2007, 08:33 PM

Now im looking at the post before yours, and i dont see anything that is negative, you need to calm the fuck down, stop being such a fucking asshole, and be considerate about the whole idea. There always has to be someone who has a problem with someone else who doesnt think like they do.

On topic:yeah a bite attack or something like a sequence combo or something (aireal combos maybe).

Retehi
Mar 28, 2007, 08:33 PM
Because all Humans/Newmans are melee types.

Weakness
Mar 28, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:33, natewifi wrote:
Now im looking at the post before yours, and i dont see anything that is negative, you need to calm the fuck down, stop being such a fucking asshole, and be considerate about the whole idea. There always has to be someone who has a problem with someone else who doesnt think like they do.

On topic:yeah a bite attack or something like a sequence combo or something (aireal combos maybe).

Let's look at it from my view now should we?

OP wants more added to a special ability. Humans and Newmans have no special ability to begin with. -.-; And Crea weapons are not a special ability, everyone can equip real crea weapons (ala Crea Doubles).

You're right, we should just give beasts a big red button that kills everything in the entire stage.

Jakosifer
Mar 28, 2007, 08:38 PM
>_____________________>

LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUMBLLLLEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2007, 08:40 PM
Nano blast aren't that great, neither are SuV's and I've said it before and I'll say it again, crea weopons are effective all the time. They don't need to charge before being used and they will grind well when a grinders get released... SuVs last in 1 burst and nano blasts aren't long either and do less damage total then two full gravity dance combos with at least 20% opposed element...I believe someone said they grinded like crap.. at +10 they have almost no increase stat wise

On 2007-03-12 19:06, Itsuki-chan wrote:
crea weapons don't gain PP from grinding... and with the exception of the swords and crea sabra, they have no noticable increase in atp. And even then, the swords are weak as hell.

Thread its from (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137453&forum=22)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-03-28 18:44 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 08:45 PM

Except ya know, I'm a Fortetecher, like 95% of all Newmans, I have level 1 skills. And who the hell grinds any valuable (35%+) weapon past no chance of failure?

On 2007-03-28 18:33, Retehi wrote:
Because all Humans/Newmans are melee types.

We have a winner! Cookies for you.

EDIT: Mook wins cookies too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-28 18:46 ]</font>

Alisha
Mar 28, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:15, EphekZ wrote:

Cast SuV's

SUV's become useless later on

crea weps...yeah...

yes because clearly being able to burn every fucking monster in the room is useless right? in my opion the 2 main benefits of SUV's are
1.mass SE application
2.all but one SUV are gun type damage wich gives cast hunter and rangers a nice tool since that one that isnt gun type damage is melee type damage.

Rashiid
Mar 28, 2007, 08:46 PM
rrawwrrr gib summonz nao!!!

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 28, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:36, Weakness wrote:

OP wants more added to a special ability. Humans and Newmans have no special ability to begin with. -.-; And Crea weapons are not a special ability, everyone can equip real crea weapons (ala Crea Doubles).

You're right, we should just give beasts a big red button that kills everything in the entire stage.

Crea doubles can be used by one job. Newmans have a special ability its called uber-teching. No one absolutely no one can out do a newman force. you can claim what you want about that but it is as specialized as the nanoblast and the SUV. nano is only good for a melee person and only the red one is worth having. SUV is only decent for a ranger. Both highly specialized. At least the newmans ability works all the time not just for the 30 or so seconds after your bar is filled.

Humans are left out because they are the root race. They are the first and are unimproved upon. you would think that if they could genetically modify themselves to beast and to newmans they could manipulate themselves to something special too.

Weakness
Mar 28, 2007, 08:49 PM
Well to be fair Newmans and Humans don't have to have melee based skills.

Newmans could get some Chi Blast type thing based off TP and humans could get... meh screw humans.

Rashiid
Mar 28, 2007, 08:50 PM
or like we charge up like those Megid-Tengoug thiinggyz on HIVE do, and then can shoot a tech like 10 times in rapid succession!! (of coarse, invulnerable during charge)

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:48, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
Crea doubles can be used by one job. Newmans have a special ability its called uber-teching. No one absolutely no one can out do a newman force. you can claim what you want about that but it is as specialized as the nanoblast and the SUV. nano is only good for a melee person and only the red one is worth having. SUV is only decent for a ranger. Both highly specialized. At least the newmans ability works all the time not just for the 30 or so seconds after your bar is filled.

Refresh my memory. When did Newman Fortegunners have access to techs?

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2007, 08:51 PM

Humans are left out because they are the root race. They are the first and are unimproved upon. you would think that if they could genetically modify themselves to beast and to newmans they could manipulate themselves to something special too.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... Cookie Cutter set ups are for chumps

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-03-28 18:51 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Mar 28, 2007, 08:53 PM
I think people are getting classes and races mixed up. Its not classes within a race that gives them special ability, its simply race. Thats just how I see this whole little argument. >_>

Weakness
Mar 28, 2007, 08:54 PM

The point of adding the Crea Doubles arguement is to prove that, assuming other Crea Weapons are released, Humans and Newmans are not the only ones who can equip them.

Nobody may be able to out do a Newman in terms of TP, but any one can be a force. Being able to deal larger numbers from one race on a job that anybody can use is not a great arguement.

Because turning invincible for a short amount of time when faced near death as a Beast isn't handy for any job? And the argument of SUV's only being useful for Ranged jobs, yeah applying burn to every enemy in the room isn't useful for any other job... you're stupid right?

And as for Humans... meh.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
On 2007-03-28 18:54, Weakness wrote:

The point of adding the Crea Doubles arguement is to prove that, assuming other Crea Weapons are released, Humans and Newmans are not the only ones who can equip them.

Nobody may be able to out do a Newman in terms of TP, but any one can be a force. Being able to deal larger numbers from one race on a job that anybody can use is not a great arguement.

Because turning invincible for a short amount of time when faced near death as a Beast isn't handy for any job? And the argument of SUV's only being useful for Ranged jobs, yeah applying burn to every enemy in the room isn't useful for any other job... you're stupid right?

key word being a short amount of time after which you are still just as kill-able as before, but more so because you cant heal yourself. and being a force and nanoblasting you do around 200 damage, compared to the 500 or so you can get with some of the techs no its not very useful since its based on the ATP of the char. as a fighter i do about 600 with the beast and around 800 with my axe. really the only benifit to blasting is the increase in attack speed which really isnt that much of a plus.

as for SUV stat effect that they do, or at least the ones i've seen, are fire and stunning. neither one last very long. yeah it effect most everybody in the room but its gone quickly. It doesnt really help you because the cool down is too long to make a good use of it yourself. Your partners will love you for it though

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 09:02 PM

Kick 13 don't rape everything on the screen that shit is given to Inferno Kick 13 just beats the holy hell outta bosses.
Also I saw Humans and Newman should get speical ablities too. I'm mroe for all of em than just the beasts.
Unlike ST I have sense. :E

Alisha
Mar 28, 2007, 09:04 PM
ive also seen jellen and zalure from SUV's

XDeviousX
Mar 28, 2007, 09:04 PM
There are no "real" Crea weapons, none listed, none in japan, none hacked, no "real" creas. It is just a rumor based on crea weapon discriptions... As for newmans not being able to use crea weapons because they become forces, humans don't tear up the damage count as forces either. As for grinding a crea weapon you can hold off until you get an A +10 grinder... The fact that everyone complains about their special abilities means that noone has it better then anyone else...

Weakness
Mar 28, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-03-28 19:01, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

key word being a short amount of time after which you are still just as kill-able as before, but more so because you cant heal yourself. and being a force and nanoblasting you do around 200 damage, compared to the 500 or so you can get with some of the techs no its not very useful since its based on the ATP of the char. as a fighter i do about 600 with the beast and around 800 with my axe. really the only benifit to blasting is the increase in attack speed which really isnt that much of a plus.

as for SUV stat effect that they do, or at least the ones i've seen, are fire and stunning. neither one last very long. yeah it effect most everybody in the room but its gone quickly. It doesnt really help you because the cool down is too long to make a good use of it yourself. Your partners will love you for it though

Or you could become invincible and run away to heal yourself when it is over. But I guess that would be too logical instead of bashing stuff when you are almost dead.

Choose a more viable Nanoblast then. I like the blue one.

The different SUV's can inflict pretty much every status effect in the game. No it isn't for very long, but those two or three ticks of ~1,300 damage on Jarbas does more then you did the entire fight.

On 2007-03-28 19:04, XDeviousX wrote:
There are no "real" Crea weapons, none listed, none in japan, none hacked, no "real" creas. It is just a rumor based on crea weapon discriptions... As for newmans not being able to use crea weapons because they become forces, humans don't tear up the damage count as forces either. As for grinding a crea weapon you can hold off until you get an A +10 grinder... The fact that everyone complains about their special abilities means that noone has it better then anyone else...

The Crea Doubles thing was just to prove that Crea weapons are not Human/Newman exclusive. Also it has already been stated that crea weapons grind poorly, so there is no use to do that anyway.

People whining is nothing new. My entire argument to begin with was this...

"At least you have something, be happy."

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2007, 09:18 PM

On 2007-03-28 18:54, Weakness wrote:

Thats why they would use Yellow... since it increases ATA and EVP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif evading crit monster...

Lman90245
Mar 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
Newmans need SUMMONS!!!!!11111ONEONE

Sorry... I just had to say it ;p

pineapple
Everyone had specials in PSO...

normally three...

Not that I really miss them, but I'm surprised that it hasn't been brought up.

edit: and all the specials were summons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pineapple on 2007-03-28 19:25 ]</font>

XDeviousX
On 2007-03-28 19:15, Weakness wrote:

Or you could become invincible and run away to heal yourself when it is over. But I guess that would be too logical instead of bashing stuff when you are almost dead.

Choose a more viable Nanoblast then. I like the blue one.

The different SUV's can inflict pretty much every status effect in the game. No it isn't for very long, but those two or three ticks of ~1,300 damage on Jarbas does more then you did the entire fight.

On 2007-03-28 19:04, XDeviousX wrote:

The Crea Doubles thing was just to prove that Crea weapons are not Human/Newman exclusive. Also it has already been stated that crea weapons grind poorly, so there is no use to do that anyway.

People whining is nothing new. My entire argument to begin with was this...

"At least you have something, be happy."

I never said that all crea weapons were, but there are 17 or so that are EXCLUSIVELY for humans and newmans...

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 09:26 PM
Will someone PLEASE tell me when uber-teching became a racial ability?

I would love to have a tech using fighgunner, or maybe a tech using protranser.

Thanks in advance!

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 28, 2007, 09:27 PM
This thread blows.

Weakness
Mar 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-03-28 19:23, XDeviousX wrote:

I never said that all crea weapons were, but there are 17 or so that are EXCLUSIVELY for humans and newmans...

Okay, of these 17 weapons there are three different brands of the same weapon. So, dagger, twin dagger, saber, twin saber, sword... and of which suck, don't grind well, all for what?

So a melee Newman that can barely equip the sub par weapon can hit an extra enemy, and that special ability doesn't even transfer to PA's?

You're right, that totally makes up for not being able to apply SE's to an entire room or become invincible.

PJ
Mar 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
All I want to throw in...

To someone who said, "Only the red Nanoblast is good," am I the only one who thinks it's the WORST one?

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-03-28 19:26, Sychosis wrote:
Will someone PLEASE tell me when uber-teching became a racial ability?

I would love to have a tech using fighgunner, or maybe a tech using protranser.

Thanks in advance!

I LoL'd

On 2007-03-28 19:27, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:
This thread blows.

only because its a debate... not a flame war... yet

On 2007-03-28 19:31, PJ wrote:
All I want to throw in...

To someone who said, "Only the red Nanoblast is good," am I the only one who thinks it's the WORST one?

Its not the worst... but its not the best, its more of a PP drain on the Techers when the player refuses to dodge the charging Monster and gets critted for 2K+

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-03-28 19:37 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Mar 28, 2007, 09:37 PM
On 2007-03-28 19:29, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-03-28 19:23, XDeviousX wrote:

Okay, of these 17 weapons there are three different brands of the same weapon. So, dagger, twin dagger, saber, twin saber, sword... and of which suck, don't grind well, all for what?

So a melee Newman that can barely equip the sub par weapon can hit an extra enemy, and that special ability doesn't even transfer to PA's?

You're right, that totally makes up for not being able to apply SE's to an entire room or become invincible.

Invincible for 30 seconds, status SE can be added by techs and multiple weapons, and crea weapons don't need to charge and can be used anytime they are equiped... As for hitting an extra enemy, that is actually a good thing if you're not a PA spammer esp since that extra enemy hit adds up on the damage count, even if you're a power gamer, crea weapon with % + buffs and debuffs = good damage x 2 for a saber alone....

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 28, 2007, 09:43 PM
each race has something special. with the humans and newmans its just not overt. cast ahve SUV, beast have nanos, neewmans have tech (even though you can choose not to use them), and humans have been said to get a bonus to doing the split classes verse forte class((this is a rumor i have heard from other threads I havent seen proof of it)) and also humans are the ones that can effectively use the creas. I dont know how they compare to normal weps but they get them.

but dispite my argueing the point I actually do agree with you Weakness. Nanos are something, they are fine the way they are. Adding to them really isnt needed.

NPCMook
Mar 28, 2007, 09:47 PM
Newmans also get a decent amount of EVP

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 09:54 PM
Teching is NOT, I repeat, NOT a racial ability, it is a class ability. Unless you want to count shooting as a second racial ability for CASTs, and HULK SMASH! ATP as a second racial ability for beasts, PLEASE stop insisting TECHNIC prowess is the racial ability for Newmans.

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
They need to add special abilities to newmen for two reasons.

1: So that everyone can stop saying that newmen have no special abilities.

2: So that newmen can stop being a stereotypical mystic elf and go back to their stereotypical cat warrior.

Of course, knowing ST, they're going to make newman special abilities based on TP instead of agi and ata, actually managing to further the magician stereotype, and forever destroying Myao's lineage.
Newmen need disrupt!

Gryffin
Mar 28, 2007, 10:06 PM
On 2007-03-28 19:54, Sychosis wrote:
Teching is NOT, I repeat, NOT a racial ability, it is a class ability. Unless you want to count shooting as a second racial ability for CASTs, and HULK SMASH! ATP as a second racial ability for beasts, PLEASE stop insisting TECHNIC prowess is the racial ability for Newmans.

Thank you for logisizing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And if we were to further that point... If you people consider the whole Tech ability a racial ability...Humans have what?

Seriously we need like..

Beast- Nanoblast (I would like more forms..sheep..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)
Cast- SUV
Newman- Either Summoning (Traditional Photon Blasts..lawl.) or some kind of like..blasty thing?
Human- Gib 30 second infinite trap/pp with +20% to all PA's and + 25 damage per level with traps.. And to make it more fair to rangers...Auto-SE effect in there too, but not on multi-hit spells.

Wow, sometimes I amaze myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 28, 2007, 10:12 PM

not teching in general but the efficiency and power of the techs that is beyond compare of any of the other races. All of the races can shoot, there really isnt a big difference between a cast ranger and any other one. All of the races can melee, the only one that cant really be compared to a beast is the newmans which lack in power. but when it comes to teching newmans outstrip everyone. the other three are comparable to eachother but the newmans are way higher in use. That is what i mean by techs being a specail for the newmans. not that they use them but that they are so much better with them

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-03-28 20:06, Gryffin wrote:

Thank you for logisizing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And if we were to further that point... If you people consider the whole Tech ability a racial ability...Humans have what?

Seriously we need like..

Beast- Nanoblast (I would like more forms..sheep..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)
Cast- SUV
Newman- Either Summoning (Traditional Photon Blasts..lawl.) or some kind of like..blasty thing?
Human- Gib 30 second infinite trap/pp with +20% to all PA's and + 25 damage per level with traps.. And to make it more fair to rangers...Auto-SE effect in there too, but not on multi-hit spells.

Wow, sometimes I amaze myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

wow....you play primarily with humans dont you

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-03-28 20:06, Gryffin wrote:
Cast- SUV

This is what I'm talking about. People are treating newmen like some type of esper or something. Give newmen disrupt, and give that blasty thing to humans. Humans have always been better at blowing **** out of the water with fire anyway.

Gryffin
Mar 28, 2007, 10:18 PM
Heh, I have 2 humans, a cast, and a beast.

But majority of my friends play humans...I think.

Maybe lower the time to 10 or 20 seconds?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 10:22 PM
On 2007-03-28 20:12, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:

not teching in general but the efficiency and power of the techs that is beyond compare of any of the other races. All of the races can shoot, there really isnt a big difference between a cast ranger and any other one. All of the races can melee, the only one that cant really be compared to a beast is the newmans which lack in power. but when it comes to teching newmans outstrip everyone. the other three are comparable to eachother but the newmans are way higher in use. That is what i mean by techs being a specail for the newmans. not that they use them but that they are so much better with them

First off that ONLY applies to techers! What about Fortegunners? What does uber TP do for them? Nothing! Why? IT IS NOT A RACIAL ABILITY.

Second:

Female Newman TP @ Level 80: 868
Female Human TP @ Level 80: 748
A difference of: 120 TP

Male Beast ATP @ Level 80: 673
Male Human ATP @ Level 80: 573
A difference of: 100 ATP

WHOA! LOOK AT THAT OUTSTRIPPING ATP! Beasts outstrip Humans in ATP by nearly the same margin that Newmans outstrip Humans in TP! zomgwtfbbq h4x?

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 10:24 PM
You're looking at the difference of the stats, instead of the ratio of the stats. You could also argue that one person having 100 defense instead of 200 defense is similar to one person having 900 hp instead of 1000 hp with that logic.

In your example, your human had 86% of the tp that the newman had. Your newman had 85% of the atp that the beast had. Like you said, nearly identical. You got mathematically lucky.

Along with lower atp, newmen also have lower hp, def, and worst of all, higher eva. Looking at one stat is okay for a basic comparison, but you need more for pure stat munching. Regardless, a newman fortefighter is probably still alot better than a cast fortetecher or a beast fortegunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-03-28 20:35 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 10:40 PM
Not mathematically lucky. I know the difference between HP and DFP is not the same, which is exactly why I chose Beast ATP to compare it with as opposed to CAST ATA. The damage calculations are roughly the same. I'm not just pulling this stuff out of thin air.

Beast Fortegunner is probably the least "gimped" of the "Gimp combos."

200% ATA modifier is just sick and really is overkill.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 28, 2007, 10:47 PM
On 2007-03-28 20:22, Sychosis wrote:

Female Newman TP @ Level 80: 868
Female Human TP @ Level 80: 748
A difference of: 120 TP

Male Beast ATP @ Level 80: 673
Male Human ATP @ Level 80: 573
A difference of: 100 ATP

WHOA! LOOK AT THAT OUTSTRIPPING ATP! Beasts outstrip Humans in ATP by nearly the same margin that Newmans outstrip Humans in TP! zomgwtfbbq h4x?

same margin maybe but what is the practical/applied difference. As in damage being done. How much more damage does a beast fighter do than a human fighter? compare that to how much of a difference the TP makes when converted to damage

Zorafim
Mar 28, 2007, 10:58 PM
Let's see... both sides will have a weapon equipped. If using wands and daggers, base atp is going to be more noticed, but I doubt this is the case with rods and axes.
After that is the tech modifiers. I know that the highest atp modifier for PAs is 190%, but I don't know about techs. Obviously, the higher the modifier, and the more hits are used, the more noticeable a lack in atp or tp is.

I don't have any in game data, so I can't test anything. It'd seem like tp and atp would act similarly, though.

xennec
Mar 28, 2007, 11:06 PM
Now back on topic:

I think that the abilities of nanoblast should not change, but I would like if there were more nanoblast physical appearances. I'm not too fond of the lion/minotaur combo.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 11:09 PM
I say Give Humans the True Dragon Sword UT and call it a day. XD Then you'd never call them gimped. They'd be damn near broken

Sychosis
Mar 28, 2007, 11:11 PM
According to this (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=129543&forum=22) (as far as I can tell) ATP and TP follow the same damage calculation.

A2K
Mar 28, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-03-28 21:06, xennec wrote:
Now back on topic:

I think that the abilities of nanoblast should not change, but I would like if there were more nanoblast physical appearances. I'm not too fond of the lion/minotaur combo.

This was actually one of the main things that disappointed me about it, actually--every beast that has used nanoblast looks exactly the same, palette swapped a few different ways. It'd be purely aesthetic, but it would be neat to see at the very least some vestige of the normal form (hair or accessories or something) in the beast form.

ShinMaruku
Mar 28, 2007, 11:23 PM
Well some if this can be claked up to ST's lack of will.

Angelo
Mar 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
playing their intended job class(not plural you see).

Ouch. This guy is blunt. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tiyr
Mar 28, 2007, 11:53 PM
Anyone who mentions Creas as a racial ability has never tried to use one. I've got six or so of them, and try as I might I have never found a viable use for them. The damage is too low and they become automatically worse than their counterpart 7*s when you use PAs. They look pretty but are entirely useless in combat, unless you're comparing them to unground 5*s.

In comparison...invincible beast is great for knocking things over even if it's not the best damage. Being able to knock over, say, a Kogg Nadd without the possibility of retribution is a huge help for the team.

And SUVs? Maybe no one's mentioned this to you, but that Burn SE hits things that you can't even SE, ever. You know the Gol Dolva? That giant cow that you can't infect or burn no matter how hard you try? Yeah, the SUV burns him. Nothing's beating that for damage. And to say that's only good for Rangers...I'd say it's better if you're NOT a ranger, because you'd have less ability to apply that SE normally.

They're both temporary and, in some cases, situational, but they're worlds better than the eye candy that humans and newmans get. Find someone who thinks their harder-to-obtain Crea is better than an equal percent 7* (let alone eight and nine star) and I'll give you a cookie.

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 28, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-03-28 21:53, Tiyr wrote:
And SUVs? Maybe no one's mentioned this to you, but that Burn SE hits things that you can't even SE, ever. You know the Gol Dolva? That giant cow that you can't infect or burn no matter how hard you try? Yeah, the SUV burns him. Nothing's beating that for damage. And to say that's only good for Rangers...I'd say it's better if you're NOT a ranger, because you'd have less ability to apply that SE normally.

Burn Traps.

Schubalts
Mar 28, 2007, 11:59 PM
Anyway...Since Crea 7stars are crap, anybody willing to give me one so I can hang it on my wall?

Soukosa
Mar 29, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-03-28 21:53, Tiyr wrote:

Never partied with someone with burn 4 or a burn trap? Gol Dolva isn't immune to burn and only has 30 STA. Not easy to SE but by no means close to immune to weapon SEs.

Midicronica
Mar 29, 2007, 03:26 AM
It's a beautiful thing when you burn that huge bastard. 2600 a tick, if I recall correctly. (It's around that area, can't remember the exact amount.)

Faendryl
Mar 29, 2007, 05:23 AM
freakin beasts in Nanoblast with freakin laser beams attached to their freakin heads... oh yeah!

/ducks

Tiyr
Mar 29, 2007, 07:58 AM
On 2007-03-28 22:45, Sounomi wrote:

Never partied with someone with burn 4 or a burn trap? Gol Dolva isn't immune to burn and only has 30 STA. Not easy to SE but by no means close to immune to weapon SEs.

Then my burn trap Gs are broken, because every time I've tried to hit him with the things he doesn't light up.

But then, I stopped trying after the first two since it didn't seem to work. Hm. I have seen that happen before, but I just assumed he was like Svaltus and immune to burn afterwards. I stand corrected.

Lman90245
Mar 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-03-29 03:23, Faendryl wrote:
freakin beasts in Nanoblast with freakin laser beams attached to their freakin heads... oh yeah!

/ducks

Bwhahahaha, Dr. Evil FTW.

CyarVictor
Mar 29, 2007, 10:21 AM
Burn Traps work well on him along with Burn Shot with SE4. He is, though, completely immune to any virus. Some enemies just are.

Maybe give beasts more types of forms, but PAs... seriously. Then those should greatly drain your bar. I mean, you should be happy how much damage you do in those forms. I have nothing against beasts. I think anything, humans need something to bring them up to par with the other three classes. Don't tell me about the racial bonus to hybrid classes. The only areas they usually excel over a cast or beast is in mst and tp which is useless to most hybrid classes. If anything, give them the mags where they can grow a specific area or spread out the stat growth. Or they should get a berserk power where they can spam PA's without using PP while in that berserk mode. I mean, why boost a race that is great as they are. Again, not whining or have anything against beasts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-29 08:21 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 29, 2007, 10:27 AM
I have an idea if they DO come up with something like Nanoblast arts, what if using one reduces the amount of time you have left in Beast mode? Like you use it, but half of your nano bar goes down by 1/2 or something. Thats fair.

Rashiid
Mar 29, 2007, 10:27 AM
i burnt a GOl Dova w/ Foie, Traps are just SE Lv 4's

man, its gettin HAWT in this forum.....flamin hawt.....

CyarVictor
Mar 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
True. I can agree with that.

The one thing my beast fF's agree on is maybe give beasts a simple projectile like throwing a rock or mud pie at flyers since those are their bane when in beast form, like Onmagoug and his wussy Moatoob brother who take to the air even after breaking their wings.

ShinMaruku
Mar 29, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-03-29 08:27, Shiroryuu wrote:
I have an idea if they DO come up with something like Nanoblast arts, what if using one reduces the amount of time you have left in Beast mode? Like you use it, but half of your nano bar goes down by 1/2 or something. Thats fair.

I been sayin that. If ya do it after the move Nanoblast goes away.