PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Challenge Illumines Campaign

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 03:04 AM
Running from 3/29 to 4/30 http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/campaign.html

1) Credit Card Payment
Those paying by credit card during April will get the rest of April for free.

2) Netcash
Those who pay by netcash will be entered to win prizes.
10 winners get sony walkman S-series MP3 Players
20 winners get a PSU Keyboard, figurine, and "For Brighter Days" CD
100 winners get 3000 yen of netcash
1000 winners get a PSU Illumines no Yabou Calendar
1000 winners get a PSU Illumines no Yabou "Projector Pen" (flashlight displays a logo, think bat signal)
70 winners get a PSU Illumines no Yabou Tumbler and Tumbler case

3) The money
All users switching over to the new ID system will get 100k given to all characters over level 15. And 50% off clothes continue (These 2 are prizes for Ultimate Attack, and were previously announced).

4) Tails figure
Everyone who participates in the Illumines no Yabou trial will recieve a free tails figurine. What does this mean to you? This means the Illumines no yabou trial is happening during the month of April.

NEW ID Information:
This website explains it -> http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/important/notice_20070329.html
But you need to follow this link (in IE) to switch to the PSU ID -> https://ipas.isao.net/signup_psu/psu/

You then need to accept the agreements and such. Then continue on to your personal information. (Name and address have to be in kanji / kana). And viola, you're done. You have made the leap.

Other stuff added this week (might as well include it):
Anistropic filtering option added
Sound buffer option added
Improved security vs hacking
(tiny update isn't it?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-29 09:34 ]</font>

Midicronica
Mar 29, 2007, 03:11 AM
Man, I wish I could participate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-03-29 01:13 ]</font>

Radiata
Mar 29, 2007, 03:11 AM
New ID system? D:

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 03:15 AM
PSU was originally handled by Segalink in japan. Segalink has since been abolished. And the now it is using this "ISAO" system for handling payments. I really should say new payment system, since its really more of a new payment system. You can now pay by credit card (recurring), or pay for 30 days at a time using netcash.

Originally you had PSU added as a game you own on your Segalink account. Now, segalink is gone, so you're switching your segalink ID to a PSU ID.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-29 01:17 ]</font>

Radiata
Mar 29, 2007, 03:18 AM
Aa, thanks. <3 I feared other things for a moment.

Alisha
Mar 29, 2007, 03:26 AM
wasnt isao used for ver2 also?

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 03:29 AM
hell if I know XD Perhaps it was? Oh well, I just switched my account over. It was smooth and simple. Doesn't seem all that different from segalink except for the lack of segacash.

MaximusLight
Mar 29, 2007, 03:30 AM
So all you do is switch your account and you get stuff? You don't lose anything just GET stuff... is this coming to NA?

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 03:34 AM
the getting stuff is a prize for ultimate attack. The 100k is meant to be spent on the clothes, which we're getting 50% off on.

Kimil
Mar 29, 2007, 03:48 AM
Itsuki... this is the trial run (demo/beta/etc) of Illuminus right?
If so, how long after do you expect the JP release date of Illuminus to be?

-EDIT-

Btw, You joining? Since it seems to have begun today

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-03-29 01:53 ]</font>

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 04:00 AM
Um... as far as I know, the beta isn't up yet... Its supposed to be a seperate client, which there is no download link for yet. Hell, I don't even think the servers are up from maitnence yet.

They did put up information saying that it will use your account information from the main server. Probably copied over at the beginning of the beta, or when you sign up for the beta. You can also create new characters on it, but all information will be deleted at the end of the beta.

Kimil
Mar 29, 2007, 04:12 AM
Hmm, That last bit seems a bit troubling... When you say the information will be deleted at the end of the beta, they only mean the beta characters you can make right? not your main characters that you can pass over I hope.

I'm actually very suprized how quickly this was released... has half a year even passed yet since the JP PSU release I wonder? But, why do we need another Beta test? What is there left to test? THe basic system is still fine, is this month of beta simply for hype and MAG/slicer/whip/etc testing and balancing?

One thing I thought of is... Lately Our updates have been catching up to the JP server ones with the events you've been getting (the SEED missions and now this beta), Your servers are getting no more updates if I'm correct. Maybe... If we do catch up to your servers update wise be the end of the beta, do you think... they'll merge us?

Could they are using this to merge the servers NA and JP servers on the side?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-03-29 02:14 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 29, 2007, 04:19 AM
They don't want another PSU launch day. They want to fully test the system this time I take it rather than it being closed.

Ether
Mar 29, 2007, 04:22 AM
The change register to of PSU ID completed. To the E-mail address which the register it receives, we transmitted the notification of completion of the register.

Aka: Hooray I now have a PSU ID even though I havent played JP PSU since November http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thanks for posting this up Itsuki, I was wondering when the conversion was going to happen since they had said end of march, they cut it pretty close there

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 04:50 AM
On 2007-03-29 02:12, Kimil wrote:
Hmm, That last bit seems a bit troubling... When you say the information will be deleted at the end of the beta, they only mean the beta characters you can make right? not your main characters that you can pass over I hope.

I'm actually very suprized how quickly this was released... has half a year even passed yet since the JP PSU release I wonder? But, why do we need another Beta test? What is there left to test? THe basic system is still fine, is this month of beta simply for hype and MAG/slicer/whip/etc testing and balancing?

One thing I thought of is... Lately Our updates have been catching up to the JP server ones with the events you've been getting (the SEED missions and now this beta), Your servers are getting no more updates if I'm correct. Maybe... If we do catch up to your servers update wise be the end of the beta, do you think... they'll merge us?

Could they are using this to merge the servers NA and JP servers on the side?

The first japanese beta was in like february of last year? I forget exactly. Than the PC beta was in April of last year (about a year ago exactly). They could be planning to release the beta exactly a year after the initial release of PSU.

@Ether - Reading up, it appears you only need to have converted your account to play in the Illumines beta. From what I've read, it appears you are elligable even if your account is not paid for.

Ether
Mar 29, 2007, 04:58 AM
On 2007-03-29 02:50, Itsuki-chan wrote:

From what I've read, it appears you are elligable even if your account is not paid for.

Exactly :3

Maybe I'll see you on the beta!

Kimil
Mar 29, 2007, 05:01 AM
Oh shi! Lucked out a bit there eh?
Be sure to spill a liitle info about the beta kay? X.x

Parn
Mar 29, 2007, 06:07 AM
I had fun making videos during the JP beta, but... I think I'll pass this time. Think I'll let someone else do all the fancy schmancy recording, especially since I don't have a character leveled up on PSUJP anyways. Technically I don't on 360 either, as I'm going at a really slow pace.

I'm definitely interested in what this expansion has...

Para
Mar 29, 2007, 06:12 AM
Reminds me of the Beta for BB Ep4.... those were the good times when I was on JP version.

So basically u need an ID for the PSU JP, register for the beta and wait for the client?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-03-29 04:15 ]</font>

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 06:32 AM
So basically u need an ID for the PSU JP, register for the beta and wait for the client?
Keep in mind this also involves having a serial key for PSU JP, which means you need to have legitamitely bought your copy. And registering for the beta isn't up yet.

-Shimarisu-
Mar 29, 2007, 06:45 AM
hey guyz u may want 2 know lol dat it says here dat if u register with a false address they can cancel ur psu ID lolol
http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/1699/warningpi9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

also it says u must live in japan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-03-29 04:48 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
Mar 29, 2007, 06:57 AM
I just regged 2 IDs with a legit address :3

ayrista
Mar 29, 2007, 07:26 AM
my id will prob be canceled then...lol,
not playing JP version anymore anyway tho.

It looks like it says there are other prizes given out in the current email. Does anyone know what they are? or are they keeping it a suprise

Neith
Mar 29, 2007, 08:57 AM
I'm interested in this expansion, hopefully the JP players will give us a taste of what it's like.

Just noticed Anisotropic Filtering's been added too, about time really, just hope the US version gets it soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JAFO22000
Mar 29, 2007, 09:48 AM
On 2007-03-29 01:04, Itsuki-chan wrote:
...10 winners get sony walkmans...

Walkmans?? They still make these???

Sychosis
Mar 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
I think Itsuki mis-quoted. I should read 10 losers get sony walkmans.

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 10:49 AM
They're S-series walkmans. In other words, MP3 players. Though it doesn't say how big of memory on them, its one of these things -> http://www.ecat.sony.co.jp/walkman/lineup.cfm?Series=S

also it says u must live in japan
Its said that since the beginning, thats nothing new.

I just regged 2 IDs with a legit address :3
I just regged with a legit address too, does that make me special? I want to recieve those damn netcash gifts if I win one!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-29 08:59 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 29, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-03-29 08:49, Itsuki-chan wrote:
They're S-series walkmans. In other words, MP3 players.

Yeah, I figured that, lol! It's just, everytime I hear Walkman, I see this:

http://www.sony.net/Fun/SH/1-18/shimage/3_2.gif

Shade-
Mar 29, 2007, 01:19 PM
I played (entirely legally) in the JP beta last year, any way that account can get me in the AoI beta?

Angelo
Mar 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
Wow, this April huh?

I don't really mind not joining so long as players of the JP version 'accidentally' leak videos, info, and screens on these boards. :]

Lyrise
Mar 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
On 2007-03-29 11:19, Shade- wrote:
I played (entirely legally) in the JP beta last year, any way that account can get me in the AoI beta?

That won't do it. You need an actual account with a Serial Key registered on it.

Shade-
Mar 29, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-03-29 11:25, Lyrise wrote:

On 2007-03-29 11:19, Shade- wrote:

That won't do it. You need an actual account with a Serial Key registered on it.

bummer. No big loss. I guess all I really wanted to know whas who get's to use the MAGs (wartecher S rank plz) and how they function in combat. Hopefully somebody around here might accidently let us know. *nudge nudge*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shade- on 2007-03-29 11:46 ]</font>

Para
Mar 29, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-03-29 10:10, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-03-29 08:49, Itsuki-chan wrote:
They're S-series walkmans. In other words, MP3 players.

Yeah, I figured that, lol! It's just, everytime I hear Walkman, I see this:

http://www.sony.net/Fun/SH/1-18/shimage/3_2.gif

Those mp3 players sorta suck. Theyre severely overpriced and you can get a similar product for about 40% cheaper.

princejake2
Mar 29, 2007, 02:36 PM
I've got a PSP, I don't need one of those overpriced POS lmao, I already spent too much on my MP3 player (yup thats about all I use it for).

On topic, I wish I could participate in the AoI beta, but I still have no internet (at the school now lol), so I'm even behined on PSU in general.

james_b
Mar 29, 2007, 02:38 PM
off topic, but did the jp servers get an update this week?

BoxerMcBoxe
Mar 29, 2007, 02:45 PM
Lets hope theres no NDA on AoI trial >_>

Rashiid
Mar 29, 2007, 03:07 PM
this is confusing to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

BLACKR0SE
Mar 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
Interesting.

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-03-29 12:38, james_b wrote:
off topic, but did the jp servers get an update this week?

I included the update information at the bottom of the post, since it was small. In case you didn't see it:

Other stuff added this week (might as well include it):
Anistropic filtering option added
Sound buffer option added
Improved security vs hacking
(tiny update isn't it?)

And another note is that something in these new "features" causes PSU to not load on AMD Athlon XP computers. Which means I can't even log on right now. Seeing as how these updates tend to make it to the US servers in days rather than weeks, this may cause an issue for some of the NA players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-29 14:30 ]</font>

Angelo
Mar 29, 2007, 06:00 PM
On 2007-03-29 12:45, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:

LAWL!

You think people really care about NDA on a private forum?

Jools
Mar 29, 2007, 07:05 PM
What does the Sound buffer option do then?

-Shimarisu-
Mar 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
hay guyz did you know I live in Japan?

Itsuki
Mar 29, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-03-29 17:05, Jools wrote:

It allows you to switch between hardware, software, or directx controlled sound buffer. Theres also a default option. And I'm not sure if directx controlled means it controls wether its hardware or software, of it directx actually controls the buffer. XD

Personally, I don't see the point ,but this could offer a performance boost for some people. On lower end machines, turning off sound could offer a performance boost. This could, in theory, help those people out.

Ryna
Mar 29, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-03-29 16:00, Angelo wrote:

On 2007-03-29 12:45, BoxerMcBoxe wrote:

LAWL!

You think people really care about NDA on a private forum?

We enforced the NDA at the beginning of last year's beta. Of course, that was a closed beta with a fairly strongly-worded NDA. This open-beta will likely not be as restrictive.

Kimil
Mar 30, 2007, 02:08 AM
Anyone have access to the beta yet? The web page says it should have started yesterday (its March 30th where I live now).

Jools
Mar 30, 2007, 03:13 AM
There's no starting date for the beta.

Arika
Mar 30, 2007, 05:02 AM
If any1 participate in the BETA, please make some video for us who can't make it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Thx

Kimil
Mar 30, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-03-30 01:13, Jools wrote:
There's no starting date for the beta.

Lol sry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I can't read japanese, I just looked on the site and saw 3/29 - 4/30
Thought that ment its from March 29th to April 30th

Para
Mar 30, 2007, 01:59 PM
On 2007-03-29 17:39, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-03-29 17:05, Jools wrote:

It allows you to switch between hardware, software, or directx controlled sound buffer. Theres also a default option. And I'm not sure if directx controlled means it controls wether its hardware or software, of it directx actually controls the buffer. XD

Personally, I don't see the point ,but this could offer a performance boost for some people. On lower end machines, turning off sound could offer a performance boost. This could, in theory, help those people out.

I assume that the options allow users to change their sound settings to optimize their hardware usage to provide optimal performance for lower end machines.

TheLOLBandit
Mar 31, 2007, 08:19 PM
ok so my question is...

if i play the 360 version will i be able to use my PSU characters on AoI

Soukosa
Mar 31, 2007, 09:43 PM
This is an expansion to PSU...
It will not be a new game.
It will not use different servers.

Why does every one think this? They're only putting the beta on a different set of servers for testing and so none of it screws up the main ones.

Lamak
Mar 31, 2007, 09:49 PM
So like when the beta is over , your character just goes back to the regular game?

Itsuki
Mar 31, 2007, 09:58 PM
The beta is on a seperate server. What is probably going to happen (based on what they've said so far), is the data from the main server is going to be duplicated onto the beta server. The beta server being a completely different server, using a complete different client. Once the beta is over, they're just going to completely wipe all the beta information.

The key thing to note is that the beta information is not linked in any way to your actual information. Its made when the beta starts, and deleted when the beta ends. Theres a few things that are still up in the air about it, but the basic idea is that after the beta starts, anything you do in the main game won't effect the beta and anything you do in the beta won't effect the main game.

The questions lie in how it duplicates your data. Does it just duplicate everyone's at the beginning of the beta? Does it duplicate it when you sign up? Is it world 1 data or world 2 data? Or can you choose when you sign up? etc etc.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Apr 6, 2007, 08:58 PM
lmao well way to go sega, now alot of people will be unbanned now lmao.

-Shimarisu-
Apr 6, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-03-31 19:58, Itsuki-chan wrote:

The questions lie in how it duplicates your data. Does it just duplicate everyone's at the beginning of the beta? Does it duplicate it when you sign up? Is it world 1 data or world 2 data? Or can you choose when you sign up? etc etc.

It's both worlds, you can go on the beta worlds one or two when you log in and if you go on world 2, all your w2 chars are there.

I did that last night to fiddle with char recreate.