PDA

View Full Version : I have a Dang Good Theory on how to get more Rappy Spawns :)

Fulgore
Mar 29, 2007, 08:16 AM
I was reading DJ_skyepic's guide to LL S2 runs for Rare Rappies and it doesn't have to be S2, it can be any difficulty but the idea came to me that while he seems to be getting more rare spawns than the usual person it is not only due to his persistence I'm sure but he also chooses to go through 2 of the 3 different maps that are possible while I was only going through 1 of the 3 due to it being the only one with rare rappies showing up on the second block, not the 3rd. BUT it got me thinking, What if we mess ourselves up by not taking advantage of every map we are presented with because we think it will be quicker to pick and choose? Isn't that redundant? Because the GAME picks and chooses what we get, not the other way around. It's like pulling the slot machine and then giving up if the first symbol isn't a Cherry. We'll never know unless we go to the end right? It reminds me of this one run I did on Parum, I screwed up my S rank (down to B grade in fact, and keep in mind this was a loonnnng time ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) anyway, I messed it up on the 2nd block and was gonna quit cuz of it but I decided to keep going anyway and on the 3rd I got rappies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif that was my first time ever having them just "show up" and not hunting them on my own and I was like, "What if I had quit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif"

Think of how many missions we quit we probably had rappies just waiting for us to pluck their feathers and steal their toys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif People, lets just give this a try for one day. Take all opportunities instead of only the ones we "think" will be the best choice. I wont get to try this till Friday due to work...*Grumble Grumble* But I guarentee you I will give it my all on LL S2 and go through all the maps so long as they give me the monsters that are supposed to appear that is. I mean, their is no point continuing though if you start to run into the wrong monsters....just be true to the maps is all I'm suggesting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I hope this helps.....With any luck I'll triple my odds http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-03-29 06:22 ]</font>

DragonStorm
Mar 29, 2007, 08:20 AM
Well i always go through the entire mission only because i feel rappies will spawn, and if not meh im not gonna go crazy about it because i just like playing the maps and getting items and exp. but im not going to keep quitting on say block 1 cause i think i didnt get a rare map, i will always do it all.

Sychosis
Mar 29, 2007, 08:22 AM
I go through every map that has a chance of rappies. I've gotten them twice.

Hyper_P
Mar 29, 2007, 08:24 AM
I've been going through A, B & C maps on LL. Nothing to show for it yet. It all depends if the map spawns are generated one block at a time, or if the map spawns decided for each block are chosen right at the beginning of the mission. You'd have to tough it out til then end, either way.

Tahldon
Mar 29, 2007, 08:25 AM
Well I thought about it and all. I actually skip the A-0 Blocks on the Sleeping Warriors maps, for the simple reason that 99% of the time I go all the way through to the third block and it's not the right spawn.

That's not worth it at all in my book..

Fulgore
Mar 29, 2007, 08:30 AM
On 2007-03-29 06:25, Tahldon wrote:
Well I thought about it and all. I actually skip the A-0 Blocks on the Sleeping Warriors maps, for the simple reason that 99% of the time I go all the way through to the third block and it's not the right spawn.

That's not worth it at all in my book..

Well thats exactly how my thinking was and the reason why I was only doing C-X map runs but now I'm gonna do A-X and B-X as well cuz just think, when I'm starting/abandoning missions to get to the C-X maps I could be missing my actual chance for rappies on say a A-X or B-X map instead. And truely, it's up to the game what we get, not us.

I will post my stats when I do this to let you know what I come up with in say, 100 LL S2 Runs. I will only abondon my mission if I run into the wrong monsters on a map. Other than that I will do every map that is given to me. It will be nice if this helps people get rare monsters quicker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-03-29 06:45 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 29, 2007, 08:59 AM
I've done it for all rare possible maps, with the exception of two nights ago. I haven't seen them once yet. I'm thinking there's this unmentioned statistic that's glued to your account or character. Seems like the luck is consistant for the same person. Any spawn I've seen (for the other holidays where I saw a rare spawn once) was when I travelled with someone more prone to see them, never by myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-29 07:01 ]</font>

Alpha-Hunter
Mar 29, 2007, 09:09 AM
in mad creatures i only do B-X and C-X maps now as you'll get your rappies in block 2, and will find out if you'll get them earlier then the torture that is A-X! Plus C-X gives 4 rappies so the faster I get that the bestter. and it's a little easier to get the first polty spawn on B-X and C-X. or so it seems, lol.

Akaimizu
Mar 29, 2007, 09:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I guess I'll see a rappy spawn in the next 50 hours of doing it. Hopefully I'll see one, before the holiday ones go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-29 07:12 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 29, 2007, 09:43 AM
So, your "theory" is, if you look for rappies on more than one of the three possible map spawns that you're more likely to find them?? FASCINATING!!!! I'm surprised MENSA has not given you a lifetime achievement award...

Golto
Mar 29, 2007, 09:46 AM
On 2007-03-29 06:59, Akaimizu wrote:
I've done it for all rare possible maps, with the exception of two nights ago. I haven't seen them once yet. I'm thinking there's this unmentioned statistic that's glued to your account or character. Seems like the luck is consistant for the same person. Any spawn I've seen (for the other holidays where I saw a rare spawn once) was when I travelled with someone more prone to see them, never by myself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-29 07:01 ]</font>

Strangly enough I agree with you. In my Rappy hunting team we only find them if one of our members is in the party. Around 14 rare spawns and counting while he is in the party, 0 when he is not.

MayLee
Mar 29, 2007, 10:06 AM
I beleive it's based on pure luck, not character luck. just luck. Like if you ever played a pokemon game and the rare colored pokemon appear? I beleive rare monsters appear like that. because a code in the system or something.

Just my theory anyway.

Fulgore
Mar 29, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-03-29 07:46, Golto wrote:

Strangly enough I agree with you. In my Rappy hunting team we only find them if one of our members is in the party. Around 14 rare spawns and counting while he is in the party, 0 when he is not.

Yes, it may have something to do with that, stats, something of that nature. I never once saw them until I reached lvl 35 and then out of no where I'd get spawn of them (not durring the holidays unfortunately) *sigh*

But at least if you don't see them hopefully your doing a map you get items you need for synthing/rares

And by the way, if you want some Vestalines real easy do LL S2 runs, I Get like 10 a Run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-03-29 08:10 ]</font>

Jasam
Mar 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
The main question for me is, Does haveing a rappy map spawn effect chances for a second to?
If so, it could run on a "IF rappy map spawn, reduce chance for 2 hours" type code
In that case, cancelling a map which had rappys (but you didn't do, as you would need to traverse to the third map) could harm your chances.

It wouldn't suprise me if ST has already put something in to discorage map spawning by now.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 29, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-03-29 06:24, Hyper_P wrote:
I've been going through A, B & C maps on LL. Nothing to show for it yet. It all depends if the map spawns are generated one block at a time, or if the map spawns decided for each block are chosen right at the beginning of the mission. You'd have to tough it out til then end, either way.
I have always wondered about whether the Spawns have been pregenerated at the start of a game or just generated per block. It just makes me wonder the same about weapons, boards, and materials on whether they have the same logic.

On 2007-03-29 07:46, Golto wrote:

Here's something funny. I've been soloing alone a lot of times, but when a certain amount of my friends follow me in my hunt, especially Eleina joining my group, we would seem to get spawns faster. Eleina has even said it to himself... "It's odd that we find rappies the few runs that I come to join you, Dj."

Anyways, these are all just theories. Only the facts have been recorded and abide by. I have only set the guide in the mind state of the spawns that have already been recorded.Indeed there may be more spawns to attain, but I wouldn't want to waste my time to look through them now because We only have a couple weeks till they take away the event! So lets get hunting! ;D!

SolomonGrundy
Mar 29, 2007, 01:00 PM
My first week playing I found 2 rappy spawns.

In all the time since then (months), I have only found 2 more. I think it has to do with room deco's, but I'm not sure how to change things...

akratic
Mar 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-03-29 11:00, SolomonGrundy wrote:
My first week playing I found 2 rappy spawns.

In all the time since then (months), I have only found 2 more. I think it has to do with room deco's, but I'm not sure how to change things...

Your idea about rare spawns and room decs is stupid....

....but since you believe it why on earth don't you just switch your room back to what it was when you found 2 spawns in your first week?

And to the thread starter: did you know that you can increase your chances of finding mot wood/ash/ebon if you play on Moatoob? That's my theory, anyway.

Oh, and I have this theory that if you run s2 missions and get srank you can get twice as many pa frags.

Also, I have a theory that you can do more damage with a weapon if you put it in your palette - not just your inventory.

Para
Mar 29, 2007, 02:30 PM
Maybe luck stacks up when you have more people joining your game with luck XD

Wolfie_Rustin
Mar 29, 2007, 02:39 PM
I do the same thing, Beat the Mission with a S rank and then Restart it.

Fulgore
Mar 29, 2007, 03:33 PM
I hope you see this Dj_SkyEpic, my question is what Universe do you usually play on when you do your runs? Like uni 1 or 2 that are highly populated or an off universe that is almost empty. I'm just curious, and how many runs would you say you do a Day based on the times you said you have seen rappies. I just got done doing 5 Unsafe Passage runs and actually ended up doing each of the 3 maps at least once and things were going great to the point I thought I had those rappies but at the end part or block 2 for the one map, I got the wrong spawn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.....

But it sounds like if I at least put in the same effort you have I should get at least 1 Rare spawn No?

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 29, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-03-29 13:33, Fulgore wrote:
I hope you see this Dj_SkyEpic, my question is what Universe do you usually play on when you do your runs? Like uni 1 or 2 that are highly populated or an off universe that is almost empty. I'm just curious, and how many runs would you say you do a Day based on the times you said you have seen rappies. I just got done doing 5 Unsafe Passage runs and actually ended up doing each of the 3 maps at least once and things were going great to the point I thought I had those rappies but at the end part or block 2 for the one map, I got the wrong spawn http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.....

But it sounds like if I at least put in the same effort you have I should get at least 1 Rare spawn No?

I'm always hanging around the populated universes (u2). You'll see me pop in and out a lot ;D.

I would say that I check the maps like 45+ times in one hour e_e;;

Just keep trying at it!~ I like to think to myself that I'm always slowing down and there's only 1 day left on the clock before every thing's over. It's just your thinking pattern. You can't just do a couple runs and say, "Oh there's no use! They wont appear!" then sit back and talk to people in the lobby. That's just wasting time ><;

Find something to motivate yourself then stick towards it!

You need music and friends to talk to so you wont get bored at least X3!~

Fulgore
Mar 29, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-03-29 13:46, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2007-03-29 13:33, Fulgore wrote:

I'm always hanging around the populated universes (u2). You'll see me pop in and out a lot ;D.

I would say that I check the maps like 45+ times in one hour e_e;;

Just keep trying at it!~ I like to think to myself that I'm always slowing down and there's only 1 day left on the clock before every thing's over. It's just your thinking pattern. You can't just do a couple runs and say, "Oh there's no use! They wont appear!" then sit back and talk to people in the lobby. That's just wasting time ><;

Find something to motivate yourself then stick towards it!

You need music and friends to talk to so you wont get bored at least X3!~

Thank you for the Advice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I started to wander in thought while I was solo playing just a bit ago http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I should stop finishing the missions to get the PA Frags for the time being, that will also definately speed things up. I'm gonna go get back at it, Uni 2 here I come. I wont stop till I get me some.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 29, 2007, 03:54 PM
That's the spirit ;D

( this is how I've motivated my friend as well. She's gotten 8 Serafi Feathers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; so lucky!)

I won't give up as well. It'll be a race, Fulgore. Which one of us will get the Boards to drop first ;D. Good Luck!

NinjaSalad
Mar 31, 2007, 03:37 AM
It's hard to motivate when you don't have friends to run with. :/

Eliash
Mar 31, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'll respond to this more later but just wanted to say that the map layout has to be generated at the start of each mission. My reason for this is simply the fact that getting a rare map layout on block 2 will get you rare monsters on block 3. If the case was that each block was spawned independently you would have to travel to the block with the rappes.

I'm sure there is an example to prove my point, but I just can't think of one ATM. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT:
Example - Unsafe Passage [A-X] Block 2: 2 Pannon, 2 Megid throwing guys. Block 3: Rappies at the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-03-31 10:29 ]</font>

Deathgeist
Mar 31, 2007, 01:10 PM
Haha good point eliash I have been wondering about that one a lot lately. I find I have trouble ditching out on some of the B layouts just because I am worried that the rappies are waiting for me at the end and I am just too impatient for them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif All in all tho I think like anything while a method and other things may increase your luck, it does all come down to just luck in the end. But who ever said a luck booster was a bad thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif