PDA

View Full Version : Offline and Extra Mode

Out_Kast
Mar 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
I've never posted here before.
But I'm thinking about buying PSU, purely for the Offline mode, as I'll never get Online with it.

Anyway, my question. I know how to unlock Extra Mode, but I was wondering about the Character Customisation.
Is it as substantial Offline as it is Online?
And can you purcase more pieces Offline from shops or somewhere?
Is Extra Mode actually any good?
And is buying PSU for Offline really worth it?

DurakkenX
Mar 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
Offline is a decent game...but $50+ for it is too much
You can purchase more items after char creation from shops, BUT it's not as extensive as Online
I don't think Extra Mode is worthwhile...but that's just me.
Not for the current Price... i suggest just DLing it from somewhere or waiting till the prices fall to $20-30

OnnaWren
Mar 29, 2007, 11:57 AM
Actually, retail for PSU PS2 (and 360!) is now at $39.99 most places (GameSlop, Best Buy, etc.), with used copies coming in at about $30-$35... maybe I'll pick up another copy (I sold mine, only got $15 credit for it- suckies) when it finally reaches $19.99...

Weeaboolits
Mar 29, 2007, 12:32 PM
You unlock it at a certain point in story, chapter 4 I think, but I may be wrong, as you progress through story you'll unlock items for purchase, as well as missions.

Allison_W
Mar 29, 2007, 12:35 PM
If you're only going to play offline, I would suggest renting.

Out_Kast
Mar 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
I can pick a copy up for £15 from Amazon.
But yeah, I'll give it a shot and see what I think.
Thanks for the opinions.

But don't be afraid to post more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Gryffin
Mar 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-03-29 09:57, OnnaWren wrote:
Actually, retail for PSU PS2 (and 360!) is now at $39.99 most places (GameSlop, Best Buy, etc.), with used copies coming in at about $30-$35... maybe I'll pick up another copy (I sold mine, only got $15 credit for it- suckies) when it finally reaches $19.99...

I love you.

CKaz
Mar 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
I bought for $15 and am almost done w/offline
I'd probably go online but the copy from Amazon occasionally gets a media error =b
Disheartening but not maddening offline, I imagine it would be online

I suppose I might try to trade it in or something and buy it again, not sure
If the expansion adds on/lets you play everything/get online too, that could be win-win here

Anyways/either way a fun romp, but I can already see where extra mode will be a bit boring
Still with my technic support/heal mag it might be fun to rip it up with a new char too

tho Waber is pretty flexible all by himself, obviously sans SUV and Beast forms

burning_card
Mar 30, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah it's worth the play, while it lasts. The story mode was interesting and i never regret playing it. I haven't tried to play it since, so after i beat the last mission i stopped playing. I haven't played the game since, but i'm just now getting back into it, so the offline is fun.

The only problem is the extra mode content is a little downgraded. Single play missions, lack of weapons, crappy drops. PSO was better for offline IMO, but it's still a nicel ittle game to play, just you never get too attached to it like you do in PSO.

Ethan-Waber
Mar 30, 2007, 05:42 PM
I only played extra + story mode for a long time.
I would recomend not getting it for what you want to do.
This game sucks without online, trust me.

burning_card
Mar 30, 2007, 05:52 PM
It's not too bad, just isn't worth the price. Bargain bin game for offline. Worth if you go online though.

ShinMaruku
Mar 30, 2007, 08:00 PM
When you are underhanded like me any price is right. XD