PDA

View Full Version : So,,,,where will 12 star rares/boards drop...?

Ludamec
Mar 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
Seeing as how it still doesnt feel like nothing above 10* is released yet...What rank do you guys think we will start being able to experience 12* drops..? Or will this version of PSU Max at S2 missions..and we simply have to wait for Sega to flip a switch so said monster will actually drop the board? I'm just kinda curious as to how this is gonna work out, because looking at how beautiful those S ranks are now...I have a feeling I prolly wont get to USE too many of them..if any at all...I mean come on...what are the chances of a 12* board landing in my hands in a party of 6 ppl randomly coming in and out a mission...thats hard as hell I might add,*resets set to order status*..or the settings being random.

So basically I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or opinions about how this is gonna work, cuz right now..acquiring ANY unique weapons seems impossible..no I can't solo "insert Random S2 mission" and the parties I AM in...jus so happen to be lookin for the same weapon *cough halp serafi cough*..it all just seems a little disheartening..

Golto
Mar 29, 2007, 06:30 PM
S3 or higher ranked missions. Wait for expansion.

Kion
Mar 29, 2007, 10:16 PM
"wait".I'm getting pretty sick of that word. Hurry the <explicative deleted> up ST!

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 29, 2007, 10:29 PM
>.<*

Ugh... I'm really tired of SEGA Corp holding out on us...

WHY CAN WE NOT GET MOST EVERYTHING THATS LOADED BY DISK??? LIKE CLOTHES AND WEAPONS???

Lman90245
Mar 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
I must admit it does feel like we're getting kind of jipped seeing as you can use pretty much everything in Extra Mode, I can't even really consider adding things like the 12* rares an "Update" at this point...

Now if it was completly new matirial I could see it as an update... but its really not. To me (at this point at least) online mode is like a gimped offline mode with the "Joy" of playing with people and a few interesting events.

If the expansion doesn't pick up the pace a little I may be dropping this game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2007-03-29 20:49 ]</font>

Cz
Mar 30, 2007, 01:13 AM
y worry about 12* board??? lol. Have any1 here experience the pain of even getting one 10* board yet? The drop rate in this game is already really mess up. If the 12* board does appear i can tell u the drop rate for it is like obtaining a HEAVEN PUNISHER...anywaysss, u probably wont be able to obtain it without putting in at least 1000+ hrs. of gameplay due to the awesomeness of the drop rate in PSU...oh wait u still have to synth it??? OMG that is so mess up even more...and u have like 37% success??? O wowwww!!!!...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Osiris_
Mar 30, 2007, 01:16 AM
On 2007-03-29 23:13, BunnyGirl wrote:
y worry about 12* board??? lol. Have any1 here experience the pain of even getting one 10* board yet? The drop rate in this game is already really mess up. If the 12* board does appear i can tell u the drop rate for it is like obtaining a HEAVEN PUNISHER...anywaysss, u probably wont be able to obtain it without putting in at least 1000+ hrs. of gameplay due to the awesomeness of the drop rate in PSU...oh wait u still have to synth it??? OMG that is so mess up even more...and u have like 37% success??? O wowwww!!!!...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

QFT... =.= Sega hates us... Lets all move to Japan :3

Magician
Mar 30, 2007, 06:28 AM
S3 sounds about right.

HandOfThornz
Mar 30, 2007, 08:30 AM
i must amit ive been trying to see the positive side of the online game since it started.but my faith in sonic team is starting to get dazzed. i loved leveling up, finding good rares, maxing stats, soloing on pso... and this game does seem to be missing the flow of fun pso had.
im a lvl80/fortegunner lvl10 using twin guns with all twin gun p.a's maxed, and to solo its just too hard or long to do most s/s2 ranks...then when you do hardly anything good drops..yes you get a few s-rank mats, but the missions you need to do to get the boards needed are impossible to do solo, then in a team,1 in 6 chance(if order is on) then about a 1% drop rate, lol
now with the synthing added you'd of thought this would balance it out and you'd be a bit more lucky synthing..higher % and less money spend just to get a 10% on a wep armour!
i feel like sega is dragging it out because there might not be much content to come, contained in the disc for online. yes you can look back at pso ver 1 on the dreamcast, which is very much like psu's formuala, a testing ground. then we got pso version 2 with an added difficulty and area(towers) so it seems that is what the expansion is lvl cap increase probally lvl200(probally 10 levels added at a time over a few months again), new classes(probally increasing p.a's to lvl50?), monster lvl200(but we probally wont see lvl200 monsters for about a year?), a new planet and s3,s4,etc....rank missions and of course new armours, weps,etc..
when your maxed out like ive got to and waiting for cap increases, all the exp(for example) i wont be collecting just seems like a waste of time.
i really hope we start seeing something different from updates.. or i might not reknew my subsciption for sometime =(
it would be nice to see some mission updates for extra mode too, but it seems this would take up too memory on the memory card, so seems like extra mode gets updated with expansion? =(
i do like the idea of psu and probally play it a bit too much,lol.. but please sonic team, give us the flow of pso and unlock more content more often,or hell be bold unlock it all! =)

amtalx
Mar 30, 2007, 08:38 AM
I don't really like the idea of having to wait for content you've already paid for. All the 12* items are on the game disc...we just don't have access to them. Nothing we can do though....waiting is the game for now.

Golto
Mar 30, 2007, 10:20 AM
I'm guessing the snyth % on pure pms for 12* weapons will be close to that of 9* weapons. I just have a feeling we won't see a large number of 12* weapons/armor until very deep into the lax expansion update schedule. Maybe 1 year after expansion is released. Of course add 3 months to whatever the Japanese gets for us.

ayrista
Mar 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
im sure they will become more avail on monsters lvl 100+ or 110+. Not sure how high monster lvls will go tho

Soukosa
Mar 30, 2007, 05:09 PM
Everyone's so worried about S ranks and yet never does the missions where you can get them. Makes no sense. I can think of 6 missions that have a chance of dropping an S rank and yet only 2 of those are really ever played. Ironicly, those 2 drop the same S rank out of the 5 or so that have been available for some time.

That aside, the Psycho Wand and Agito Repca will likely drop from lv 100+ enemies in the relics and hives, respectively. Most of the other 12* are likely to only ever come from mini bosses or boss boxes.

Deathgeist
Mar 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-03-30 06:30, HandOfThornz wrote:
i must amit ive been trying to see the positive side of the online game since it started.but my faith in sonic team is starting to get dazzed. i loved leveling up, finding good rares, maxing stats, soloing on pso... and this game does seem to be missing the flow of fun pso had.
im a lvl80/fortegunner lvl10 using twin guns with all twin gun p.a's maxed, and to solo its just too hard or long to do most s/s2 ranks...then when you do hardly anything good drops..yes you get a few s-rank mats, but the missions you need to do to get the boards needed are impossible to do solo, then in a team,1 in 6 chance(if order is on) then about a 1% drop rate, lol
now with the synthing added you'd of thought this would balance it out and you'd be a bit more lucky synthing..higher % and less money spend just to get a 10% on a wep armour!
i feel like sega is dragging it out because there might not be much content to come, contained in the disc for online. yes you can look back at pso ver 1 on the dreamcast, which is very much like psu's formuala, a testing ground. then we got pso version 2 with an added difficulty and area(towers) so it seems that is what the expansion is lvl cap increase probally lvl200(probally 10 levels added at a time over a few months again), new classes(probally increasing p.a's to lvl50?), monster lvl200(but we probally wont see lvl200 monsters for about a year?), a new planet and s3,s4,etc....rank missions and of course new armours, weps,etc..
when your maxed out like ive got to and waiting for cap increases, all the exp(for example) i wont be collecting just seems like a waste of time.
i really hope we start seeing something different from updates.. or i might not reknew my subsciption for sometime =(
it would be nice to see some mission updates for extra mode too, but it seems this would take up too memory on the memory card, so seems like extra mode gets updated with expansion? =(
i do like the idea of psu and probally play it a bit too much,lol.. but please sonic team, give us the flow of pso and unlock more content more often,or hell be bold unlock it all! =)

You pretty much said all I would say, maybe a bit more lol. I also try to see the positive side of things in this game moreso, and being that I still have a lot of leveling to do I am not gonna sit here and whine that I can't get S-Ranks, but I will say that as the person who made this thread said, thinking about it is a little disheartening.

I wish they hadn't made this game so party based and I also don't understand why in this game the online is, in a few areas, very gimped compared to offline. I have never played a game before where the people paying money to play online get crappier items and such than the people offline. It makes absolutely no sense. I just hope it gets better myself, just like when Version 1 was kinda lame in ways then was improved a lot with Version 2.