PDA

View Full Version : Irony!, or "Holy God, I can't believe they're sold out of th

Eihwaz
Mar 29, 2007, 06:57 PM
This (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/09) just about perfectly describes how I'm feeling right now.

So, I've always wanted a copy of Ninja Gaiden, especially after watching my friend play it while he was visiting me this past summer. I've been short on funds, however. It was kind of annoying to see shiny new copies of this game sitting around on Target shelves, going for $20, even.

Today was a good day to search for it, as I had some money in my wallet, and means to check out several locations. But, it would all be for naught. Five of the local stores (a Target, two GameStops, an EB Games and an FYE) that I checked out were sold out. Completely. Not new, not used, not even the original (I was looking for the expanded version). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

...apparently they were bought up in anticipation of Ninja Gaiden Sigma (as the overeager EB Games clerk told me, before asking me if I wanted to reserve a copy).

God damn it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-03-29 17:00 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
Aint that a kick in the balls?

Jive18
Mar 29, 2007, 08:17 PM
That has happened to me two or three times while attempting to find different versions of DDR for Playstation 2. It seemed like Konami was purposely creating a shortage just to piss me off.

Sorry anyway Eihwaz.

Solstis
Mar 30, 2007, 03:16 AM
Noo! I was waiting to purchase Ninja Gaiden: Black, too. Hope it isn't gone where I live.

Sinue_v2
Mar 30, 2007, 06:47 AM
Note: Ninja Gaiden Black is not backwards comptable on the 360, though Ninja Gaiden is. If you plan on playing it on the 360, get the original version.

I already played and beat it a long time ago on a rental, but about two weeks ago I saw a copy up at EB when I was in Chicago visiting my cousin. Picked it up for like $5.00 since it's an amazing game that's more than worth adding to my collection.