PDA

View Full Version : Do we know what materials the 10* weapons need?

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2007, 11:20 PM
It'd seem smart to save up for the S ranks that should be coming soon, but I don't see any place to find the information on what I'll need.

Itsuki
Mar 30, 2007, 11:28 PM
They follow the same pattern as 1 through 9* weapons.

15x the correct photon (melee weapons are all single element, imu or eru for ranged/force)
2x Junoarin
2x S-rank metal for correct weapon type
3x S-rank wood (walnut)

(they're 1 time use boards)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-30 21:29 ]</font>

Shiryuu
Mar 30, 2007, 11:51 PM
Catilium is a good metal to collect. They drop pretty often in the neudaiz relics.

Hucast-Kireek
Mar 30, 2007, 11:54 PM
I know its a bit offtopic but, are Crea Doubles worth making and how do they look like? picture would be great.

Its just that I got some ingredients minus the board to make crea double and I was wondering.

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-03-30 21:28, Itsuki-chan wrote:
They follow the same pattern as 1 through 9* weapons.

15x the correct photon (melee weapons are all single element, imu or eru for ranged/force)
2x Junoarin
2x S-rank metal for correct weapon type
3x S-rank wood (walnut)

(they're 1 time use boards)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-30 21:29 ]</font>

So, translating this to PSUna, it'd be 15 gra-photons, 2 Junalines, 3 Neu Walnas, and 2 Catilium for the light twin claws?

Thanks, this helps. Though, come to think about it, I could have just looked at the item database if I weren't an idiot.

SarinSerafi
Mar 31, 2007, 12:17 AM
We know that Halp Serafi, a 10* single dagger, only uses Ban-photons. Are there any other S rank weapons that are known and proven to be element specific? I've also read that Ank Dedda, the 10* axe, is dark element only.

james_b
Mar 31, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-03-30 22:17, SarinSerafi wrote:
We know that Halp Serafi, a 10* single dagger, only uses Ban-photons. Are there any other S rank weapons that are known and proven to be element specific? I've also read that Ank Dedda, the 10* axe, is dark element only.

yeah ank dedda is dark only also. i think the 11* spear is lightning only but not confirmed.

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 12:23 AM
There aren't enough light and ice only elemental weapons.

Golto
Mar 31, 2007, 09:45 AM
10* twin claw is (ice)ray-photon only.

Itsuki
Mar 31, 2007, 01:05 PM
On 2007-03-30 22:17, SarinSerafi wrote:

Oh how people don't read. Anyways, with the exception of a few of the kubara, all S-rank melee weapons are single element.

Deathgeist
Mar 31, 2007, 01:23 PM
Gudda Iggac looks like it would be zon-photon only but i'm not sure. Maybe it just looks that way when you use zons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-03-31 11:05, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Oh how people don't read. Anyways, with the exception of a few of the kubara, all S-rank melee weapons are single element.

Son of an icicle stick. You mean I'm going to have to lug around fire and dark weapons just to have up to date equipment?

Deathgeist
Mar 31, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'll probably end up having mad grinded a ranks most of the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

XenithFlare
Mar 31, 2007, 02:16 PM
The Gudda Skela (fists) is ice-only. It's sexy++ <_<

Itsuki
Mar 31, 2007, 04:25 PM
Looking at the information again. It seems its not kubara that are the exception. Its Double sabers that are the exception. Since Sweet death can have its element changed (if not, then its always green).

Either way, the ones right now that are implemented and can't change (theres not many):
Twin Saber - Fire only
Twin Claw - Ice only, causes freeze
Single Claw - Ice only, causes freeze
Axe - Dark only
Halp Serafi - Fire only

The ones that are able to change:
All the doublesabers

Reginaldo
Mar 31, 2007, 04:30 PM
I have a feeling that the Kubara version of the S-rank weapons can be any element. During the era of hax a month or so ago I saw somebody with a light element Two-Headed Ragnuc. That's pure speculation though.

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 04:34 PM
If we take information from offline mode, then the 10* daggers should be neutral element as well. I'd guess that the 10* sword is neutral as well.

So, this means I'll have a dark elemental axe, light elemental sword, light elemental spear (guessing by the hax'd spear picture), ice elemental claw(s), and ice elemental knuckle.
I guess that's enough to keep my light/ice fetish happy.

If it is true that kubara weapons are allowed to be any element, while keeping the weapon effect (like flame), then I'm going to be a happy fish. Light element weapon with thunder effects, dark element with water effects, fire element with ice effects, ice element with fire effects, there's just so much you can do with that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-03-31 14:40 ]</font>

Itsuki
Mar 31, 2007, 05:33 PM
Well, theortically speaking, this could be the case. You have to consider that we don't even know how Kubara S-rank melee and force weapons will be obtained. Hell, you may even be able to buy them later on, its not entirely unlikely.

Either way, the current boards have fixed photon and fixed wood. As for the looking at offline to see about online... thats probably not a good idea. Offline is whack.

Soukosa
Mar 31, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-03-31 11:26, Zorafim wrote:
Son of an icicle stick. You mean I'm going to have to lug around fire and dark weapons just to have up to date equipment?

We need a sticky that reads "S RANK WEAPONS WON'T REPLACE YOUR A RANKS - thank you" because that's how it is >.>

Anyone that's played RO can relate them to the lv 4 weapons. For those that didn't play RO, they were mostly speciality weapons that had various effects. Most of them couldn't hold a candle to usability in normal terms of combat.

HerdsmanOfYrr
Mar 31, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-03-31 16:29, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-03-31 11:26, Zorafim wrote:

We need a sticky that reads "S RANK WEAPONS WON'T REPLACE YOUR A RANKS - thank you" because that's how it is >.>

Anyone that's played RO can relate them to the lv 4 weapons. For those that didn't play RO, they were mostly speciality weapons that had various effects. Most of them couldn't hold a candle to usability in normal terms of combat.

so are saying then you dont think that the S-ranks will be very useful?

Itsuki
Mar 31, 2007, 08:21 PM
Its not that they won't be useful, they won't be your bread and butter weapons. They'll be good in certain areas. Like two headed ragnus would probably own the hell out of gohmon. But would I really use them anywhere else? Probably not. I'd use some 6* or some 9*.

omegapirate2k
Mar 31, 2007, 08:27 PM
Could somebody post how much material 8 stars require so I can get an idea of how much I'm going to need for my blackheart?