PDA

View Full Version : Who's unlucky? Share your testimony

jayster
Mar 31, 2007, 12:43 AM
Well I for one can raise my hand to this question. I feel as if im one of the most unlucky players in this game. Throughout with game I'v seen 12 A rank weapons drop and never recieved 1. Tonight I was running Hive S with 1 other person and i see a Howrod drop, I thought about kicking the kid but my integrity is higher than that. So I pick it up and go figure it goes to him. I swear im cursed with the chicotite curse. Not only A rank weapons but I have never recieved 1 special unit or decoration.

Oh and heres another story, today I was doing crimson beast, right when we go to de regan, my game decides to load for the whole entire boss fight. As soon as the fight is over I load into the map to find i used up 2 scape dolls. Then the next map we find jaggos! One drops a meow mistache and it was my turn to recieve a rare but I didnt get it, then the regan dropedd a tail and I didnt get that either... and I find out my inventory was full http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I went up to the store and accidently bought a caliburn board instead of a Heavy twins board. I already have bad enough luck synthing other 9*'s with higher percents. So hopefully I won't go 0/3 again or 1/3... Id love to make more than 1 9* for once.

What's your story? Think your luck is as bad as mine?

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 31, 2007, 12:53 AM
Hehe... I still haven't found the [B] Half Serafi even though I've been recording and getting so many spawns from rappies throughout the past days x.x;

I envy those who's been using my guide and receiving them so easily!

PMB960
Mar 31, 2007, 01:00 AM
I been unlucky in that I haven't really seen that many rappies even though I have been hunting alot. % spawns total and the best I got was a serafi feather. On top of that Megid does between 0-7 damage per hit and I still get OHK all the time (not when it does zero though) often when it does 1 damage. On top of that I can't even afford to buy an armor with the 2-3% more dark element I need and I never get more than 15% when I synth them.

imfanboy
Mar 31, 2007, 01:01 AM
After 7 failures to synth a fire Yamata-senba, costing at 520k apiece, I finally got one...

AT A WHOLE 10% FIRE!!!

BAD 442! SPANKINGS FOR YOU! *swats*

EphekZ
Mar 31, 2007, 01:48 AM
hmm failed every synth i've tried...led to zeroing my PM

I dont recall ever recieving some that's 10*+

i bought a ga-misaki from npc only to find one that next run in HG

i'm sure there's more.

Shiryuu
Mar 31, 2007, 01:53 AM
On 2007-03-30 22:53, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Hehe... I still haven't found the [B] Half Serafi even though I've been recording and getting so many spawns from rappies throughout the past days x.x;

Same.

It'd be so much easier if female casts had luck more often...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-03-31 00:14 ]</font>

Skuda
Mar 31, 2007, 02:02 AM
I think I'm in a similar boat to DJ, except for my Black Heart hunt.

Other than my crappy luck with Darbelan drops, I really can't complain. I don't get anything spectacular, but I don't get anything too crappy.

I'd say my luck is about average.

LozengeofLove
Mar 31, 2007, 02:31 AM
Wow, you have the chicotite curse too? I thought I was the only one! I once got 5 chicotites within 2 runs. -_-

Desecration
Mar 31, 2007, 02:44 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:53, Shiryuu wrote:

On 2007-03-30 22:53, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

Same.

It'd be so much easier if female casts had luck more often...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-03-31 00:14 ]</font>

well try being a male beast, we Never have 3* luck, last time we had it was in january and have only had it a totle of 9 times...stupid female newmans:(

NinjaSalad
Mar 31, 2007, 03:23 AM
I haven't seen one goddamn rappy yet.

it's hard solo. :/

Shiryuu
Mar 31, 2007, 03:31 AM
On 2007-03-31 00:44, Desecration wrote:

well try being a male beast, we Never have 3* luck, last time we had it was in january and have only had it a totle of 9 times...stupid female newmans:(

Male beasts have had consecutive 1* luck recently when the easter rappies came out. F casts had like 1-2 luck days. Even though male humans have decent luck, I hate trying to melee deljabans. As soon as he gets near a mob, all he does is flinch/block until a stray megid kills him. He can't use a shotgun neither, so that sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-03-31 01:32 ]</font>

Traize
Mar 31, 2007, 05:32 AM
I have seen 2 rare enemies. The first was Grina Bete S, the second was the Hive rares, problem was that my entire party got booted by the leader as soon as we found them. Jerk.

On a 3 star luck day with B6 grinders, I broke 2 weapons on the second grind, & 3 more on the third/fourth.

I went offline after a few hours of partying with friends, when I next saw my mate, he tells me that right after I left, he found Easter Rappies.

I rarely manage to synth anything below a 70% chance of success.

Other than that, I'm probably quite lucky... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

xennec
Mar 31, 2007, 11:52 AM
I once found a svaltus edge. After that it was all downhill.

I have NEVER obtained a copernia myself. I have one but that is because my friend felt bad for me and gave me one.

eightball
Mar 31, 2007, 11:59 AM
so i'm right there with you was hunting for the halp serafi board with one other guy since i was only sixty it drops..but i don't boot him because i have that integrity as well...of course goes to him only had two more rappy spawns only easter eggs drop of course, now level 64 and still hunting...and of course the guy i found it with is such a jerk won't help me look now even though he was all about "helping me out now" when we found it

Deathgeist
Mar 31, 2007, 01:15 PM
On 2007-03-31 01:31, Shiryuu wrote:

On 2007-03-31 00:44, Desecration wrote:

Male beasts have had consecutive 1* luck recently when the easter rappies came out. F casts had like 1-2 luck days. Even though male humans have decent luck, I hate trying to melee deljabans. As soon as he gets near a mob, all he does is flinch/block until a stray megid kills him. He can't use a shotgun neither, so that sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-03-31 01:32 ]</font>

Ya I don't ever remember being on for a 3* luck day myself on my beast, I would love to get one so I can grind some weaps that have been waiting for a while. I gotta say tho on the subject of the flinching, I find I do it all the time too on my beast. It's really annoying to be sitting there constantly having my PAs interrupted by Deljaban and then picked off by megid. Hell I even just hate the waste of PP. I really wish you didn't need such massive defense to stop from flinching constantly.

Traize
Mar 31, 2007, 05:28 PM
Don't do it! Don't grind on a 3 star luck day! You'll be sorry!

-Crokar-
Mar 31, 2007, 09:14 PM
seen s rank jaggos 12 times never seen anything good drop from them

Umberger
Mar 31, 2007, 09:48 PM
Most unlucky guy ever right here...in my party tonight, the following dropped over the course of several Lab S2 runs:

3 Giga/Bullet PP Saves
2 Thunder Cannons
4 [B] Katsuno-Zashis
Too many Nanoresin to count

I got a few Grinder Base A/S, Copernia, and some [B] Scape Dolls. Woe is me. ;_;

Akaimizu
Mar 31, 2007, 10:47 PM
Unluck eh? Hmm. I should wait until tomorrow to post my story. I'm incredible at this one.

xeron123
Mar 31, 2007, 11:07 PM
I got really mad at a game (not PSU:() and squeezed the controller. It was an xbox s type. You know where the two pieces of plastic go together up the left side by your palm? I guess it spread apart slightly, so when i released my grip the plactic pinched down across the middle of my left palm and left about a 3 inch long 1/2 inch wide blood blister that hurts like hell while holding a controller. No more halo 2 for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Neggy
Mar 31, 2007, 11:12 PM
I'm not unlucky, I'm just retarded.

"DURRRRRRRRRRR, I'LL SYNTH AN ANK PIKOR ON A LEVEL 0 PM ON A 0 LUCK DAY, DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

It didn't work.

NiteOwl
Mar 31, 2007, 11:54 PM
I've had 5-6 hour stretches of hunting for rappies on S2 runs without seeing a single one. And this wasn't just one time. It's been several days. I have yet to see an S2 Easter rappy. And I've only seen 2 spawns on C. Even using DJ's guide, it's just not working out for me.

I've killed 60+ darbelans without finding a black heart, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blah!

Kiku
Mar 31, 2007, 11:55 PM
Today, i got the RAPPY SPAWN, i saw the rappys, but to my suprise, "An error has occcured, you have been disconnected from PSU" So I ended up getting NOTHING.

Worst.luck.ever

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 1, 2007, 12:09 AM
I haven't seen a single rappy ;_;

Dragon_Knight
Apr 1, 2007, 08:02 AM
Well for starters....I play female newman and ANY lv 3 luck day I'm away from the comp by some mysterious force. I may get to use some of it...but I never get the day to myself to hunt with.

I see rappies often...but only the day after special rappies disappear...I've been hunting for any of the special rappies/jaggos and have yet to see one.

I dare not grind weapons I've lost three light tubes on their third grind...I've also lost a few kubara weapons this way too.

I've only made ONE weapon that has a less then 70% chance of being made, it was a basic saber when I tried to use an im photon to make it. Forget anything like kubara and the crea crap, I can't work it.

Most rares I find are just useless or junk....best item I've found? Varha Claw board...I bought a nail from a player shop and offered both the board and the nail for a fully made weapon...you think I'm crazy enough to make the weapon myself?

I also see items distribution set to "order" doesn't nessicaraly go in order for God knows what reason. I've seen people get two in a row, but ususaly it just skips me or gives me the scape doll board/odd asortment of ores.

Only real luck I have is with megid...as long as it takes off chunks (at least 1/3 of my hp in a hit) I don't usualy die to it. But heaven help me if it does a scratch, I'll die nearly everytime.

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2007, 08:52 AM
On 2007-03-31 21:07, xeron123 wrote:
I got really mad at a game (not PSU:() and squeezed the controller. It was an xbox s type. You know where the two pieces of plastic go together up the left side by your palm? I guess it spread apart slightly, so when i released my grip the plactic pinched down across the middle of my left palm and left about a 3 inch long 1/2 inch wide blood blister that hurts like hell while holding a controller. No more halo 2 for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Already broken 3 S controllers due to that game, and countless headsets. Woe is me D=

Gryffin
Apr 1, 2007, 11:59 AM
I've seen a total of 4 rare spawns in over 500 hours of gameplay...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

And the only times I have money is because of my friends not having room to take it out of their PMs XD

majan
Apr 1, 2007, 02:26 PM
I just got a really,really lame BS speeding ticket.

Cz
Apr 2, 2007, 12:04 AM
1000+ runs on LLS2 and still no Crea Double...lol...maybe 500+runs i couldnt keep track of it anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolomonGrundy
Apr 2, 2007, 12:16 AM
minor bad luck du jour. No easter rappy (yeah, like everyone else).

jitseen synth failures: 3 in a row. 100 strike PM (67% my ass).

Also: on 79% B rank weapons, have never gone 3/3 on a board, and went had 2 fail before

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-04-01 22:18 ]</font>

Finae
Apr 2, 2007, 01:02 AM
Unlucky?

1. It took 80 Ordugus for me to get a hard/power charge. Don't know how I lived through it to be honest. I had friends who got 2 on their first run.
2. I've seen 6 solid/power S drop and none of them I never got. Hell, I think one group had it on give finder and all I do after mission over is just sit there. Solo wise, I've done about 1k overlord S runs and never seen it drop.
3. I never get anything special from rappies. Meseta or their feather.
4. Rare maps like to appear when I don't give a **** like when I was heading to Raffon lakeshore. On a mad creatures C run, rappies appeared. But when I want a rare map, it takes more than 5-10 hours just to get one and sometimes I don't get one at all.
5. 1 out of 2 of my striking pms failed 25 out of 32 synths on some 9 star weapon (think it nightwalkers) back then. Wow, 55% success with 100 striking, you'd think you wouldn't fail that much.
6. I saw 6 hard/hit charges drop after 3 consecutive rare maps with a random party and I didn't get one out of those 3 runs.
7. I saw about 20 me/quicks drop at Eastern peril S and I never got one. I had to solo mine and it took over 200+ runs to get just one.
8. Any rare weapon boards I recieved and tried to synth is automatic failure for me.
9. I saw about 16 easter rappies and they were too stingy to drop the rappy rabol board.
10. Noobs fill up my inventory by picking up junk rares that half the time, I didn't get a rare because they kept picking up monomates and moon atomizers.

Oh and luck is overated. If A grinder board comes out, then I'd actually want luck. Everytime I find rare stuff by myself, its always with 0-1 luck.

As you can tell, I fail at PSU like I did at PSO. I wish I had the luck these other people have (the ones that can find about 3 hard/power charges, then a ton of halp serafi boards right after).

Tiyr
Apr 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Ok, I've officially gotten everything I can get from LL S2 EXCEPT the stupid Halp Serafi. Two Buccaneers, a Python, and this morning, a Crea Doubles board. Heh.

Not a bad consolation prize, I 'spose.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 10:55 AM
How long have you been hunting?

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 11:03 AM
...best I've found is Neptuline...

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-04-02 09:03, Sychosis wrote:
...best I've found is Neptuline...

In the first 3 hours or so I hunted with you, I found 2 neptuline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah...I know...jerk...

Every time someone runs with me, I get shafted even harder than normal.

I just KNOW once I find the board, some random outside will guess the password, pop in, receive the board, and leave. I KNOW it.

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
Just make it a difficult password. I'd be surprised if someone guesses any password except basic ones.

And of course, avoid any Spaceball-like Password which an idiot would put on his luggage. Stuff like (1...2...3...4)

I've been away from the S2s for a bit. But now that I got my Rappy sighting (yay), I can get back to other stuff. I still want to level those final bullets though before I get serious. Ok...I admit it. More serious.

Still, I congrat you on the finds you did get. Perhaps I'll be that lucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-02 09:17 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 11:17 AM
Oh I do, I'm just emo venting about my terrible luck in video games. I must have been a terrible person in a past life if Karma hates me this much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Umberger
On 2007-04-02 09:08, Sychosis wrote:

I just KNOW once I find the board, some random outside will guess the password, pop in, receive the board, and leave. I KNOW it.

Why bother putting it on anything other than Give Finder if you're soloing? >_>

Unless you're hunting in a party with Set in Order on, that is.

Tiyr
Been hunting since last Saturday. Only a couple hours some days, six or seven on some others.

A big fat one rappy spawn so far, with nothing but a couple eggs to show for it. But at least everything ELSE is dropping for me.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 11:18 AM
He has a different password every time I party with him XD

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 11:19 AM
My single Rappy sighting, with my hunts, landed me an egg and my 2nd Rappy feather ever. (My first dropped from the single Noel Rappy sighting I got)
I'm happy about that. Someday, I'll get my third, and I'll attempt my first synth of one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-02 09:20 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 11:19 AM
On 2007-04-02 09:17, Umberger wrote:

On 2007-04-02 09:08, Sychosis wrote:

Why bother putting it on anything other than Give Finder if you're soloing? >_>

Unless you're hunting in a party with Set in Order on, that is.

On the off chance someone wants to help. Though my self-imposed solitude has left me with little in the way of friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 11:20 AM
I think the only reason you let me party with you is the fact that I don't want the halp serafi XD

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-04-02 09:20, omegapirate2k wrote:
I think the only reason you let me party with you is the fact that I don't want the halp serafi XD

Yessiree! You (and now Reavos) are the only ones I let in really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-04-02 09:22, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-02 09:20, omegapirate2k wrote:

Yessiree! You (and now Reavos) are the only ones I let in really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My sympathies.

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 11:45 AM
He's actually been pretty tame lately. All he asks is the Crea Doubles should they drop.

MayLee
Apr 2, 2007, 11:54 AM
Still, our sympathy..>.>

If only I could find the Half Sarafi. I mean..C'mon my name tag does say, "Rare hunter" I can't be that if I'm not a higher level to hunt for them..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-04-02 09:45, Sychosis wrote:
He's actually been pretty tame lately. All he asks is the Crea Doubles should they drop.

Oh god I hope he doesn't get those XD

We'll never hear the end of it.

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 12:02 PM
What's wrong with him getting Crea Doubles?

MayLee
Apr 2, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-04-02 10:02, Akaimizu wrote:

He's got a knack at being well overly excited for things for a long long period of time and will probably bug you for the rest of your PSU life about it. XD

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-04-02 10:10, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-04-02 10:02, Akaimizu wrote:

He's got a knack at being well overly excited for things for a long long period of time and will probably bug you for the rest of your PSU life about it. XD

Something like that.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
bad luck du jour. I played for 5-6 hours yesterday (which may not seem long to some folks here but was an eternity for me...)

I was hunting something simple: kersaline. I got ****8**** freaking vestaline, but zero kerseline (and maybe 4 uptiline). too bad you can't extract lower level ores from higher level ones.

Also: S rank sleeping warriors dared to drop nanosilica. That's just so wrong. so so so so very wrong.

but the icing on the cake was finally S ranking linear line S (soloing), and my inventory was full so I did not get the PA frag.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-04-02 10:17 ]</font>

chibiLegolas
Apr 2, 2007, 02:02 PM
The other day with 0 day luck, I tried making some grinders.
Had 2 stacks of 99 base c and b grinders, churning away to try and get some +9 and +10.
And didn't get ANY!
WTF?!
I did them in batches of 5, but still. Time to work my way to get more c and b grinders...

Am I the only PS2 player who doesn't have a +10 weapon? I refuse to take advantage of haxeta and wanna do it the old fashion way! Let the hunt continue...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-04-02 12:04 ]</font>

Traize
Apr 3, 2007, 12:39 PM
Syc, you can always let me in, you know I only want stuff that shoots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nobo
Apr 3, 2007, 06:54 PM
Im cursed and luckey at the same time. Ive picked up a total of 5 good A ranks that I didnt get a katsuno zashi board, a thunder cannon, a vahra claw board, a lidra, and a ganna line board but I too have the chicotite curse. Just keep playin and it all pays off cause I got a Giga / skill PP save in a run that I joined.

Traize
Apr 4, 2007, 02:09 AM
I've picked up one usable B-rank weapon in all my time, no A-ranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 4, 2007, 08:38 AM
On 2007-04-04 00:09, Traize wrote:
I've picked up one usable B-rank weapon in all my time, no A-ranks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I've seen a few A rank weapons drop (either 8* or 9*), but I never got any of them, the best I got was a katsuno zashi board.

EDIT: I DID get a phantom, but that was only because Shadow moses was nice enough to give it to me (because it went to him) so my alt could use it when he became a fortegunner.

The worst was when I was hunting on holy grounds S for a Ga-Misaki, and I invited my friend to help me hunt for it. Within 5 min of her joining she got a lidra >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-04-04 07:02 ]</font>

Tahldon
Apr 4, 2007, 08:49 AM
On 2007-04-02 09:17, Sychosis wrote:
Oh I do, I'm just emo venting about my terrible luck in video games. I must have been a terrible person in a past life if Karma hates me this much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*GASP* You know I say this alot too! I must've been a REAL ASS to people.

My luck in and out of game is aweful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Found that Halp Serafi yet?

Sychosis
Apr 4, 2007, 08:59 AM
What?! Of course not.

Traize
Apr 4, 2007, 09:24 AM
I want a Phantom. I want one so bad... *cries*

PMB960
Apr 4, 2007, 09:35 AM
While Rappy hunting I was hoping I could find some Deljaban Blades for the Deljabner and Del Jagnus boards I have so I could use them with my alt. Right now I have seen about 8 Rappy spawns each of which has taken 5 hours to seen and I haven't seen a single Deljaban Blade. I always hear how some people are getting one every couple of runs and I haven't seen 1 after all that time. Best thing I have gotten from there is a Neptuline.

jayster
Apr 4, 2007, 11:16 AM
I actually just made 3/3 caliburns, 2/3 double sabics, 3/3 ryo misakis and a del jagnus!! Finally ending my synthesizing streak of horror!!! All in total I went 9/10 for synthesizing in the last couple days.

Magician
Apr 4, 2007, 11:26 AM
1/11 on muktrand synths, 1.5 million+ for a 28% fire muktrand.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee....