PDA

View Full Version : people who stereotype.....

xennec
Mar 31, 2007, 01:20 AM
So I was playing as my newly made male newman force tonight. A lvl 37 named Rauzerox joined in my party and decided to help me and two others level. Well, everything seemed to be going fine for the first couple missions until I said my main was a beast guntecher.

He decided to tell me that beast gt were useless and told me to become a fortefighter. I said no, because I had tried ff and it really wasn't my playstyle and that I liked hybrid classes better anyway. I told him that I couldn't live without my guns. He pretty much told me that I was wrong, my playstyle was wrong, and that all hybrid classes were useless. I said, they aren't useless, they are just different. He had only played as a ff and told me that I should take his advice. I told him that he shouldn't judge something without trying it first. Beast gt can be useful, just in a different way. I never said fortefighters were bad or useless. He then told me to stop expressing my opinions or he would boot me. Right afterward he booted me, even though I had not said anything else.

My main is lvl 47 and I have tried hunter, ranger, force, fortefighter, fighgunner, wartecher, and guntecher. I knew what I was talking about.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the first?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-03-30 23:22 ]</font>

Gojin
Mar 31, 2007, 01:22 AM
beast guntecher is useless stop being a noob.

xennec
Mar 31, 2007, 01:24 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:22, Gojin wrote:

Have you tried beast gt?

Weeaboolits
Mar 31, 2007, 01:26 AM
Uncommon class/race combos are made of win ^_^

I rock a RAbeastl, and a HUnewearl offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-03-30 23:27 ]</font>

Gojin
Mar 31, 2007, 01:28 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:24, xennec wrote:

Have you tried beast gt?

yeah with your mom, it sucks worst than she does.

Weeaboolits
Mar 31, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:28, Gojin wrote:

Have you tried beast gt?

Now, really, there's no call for that -_-'

xennec
Mar 31, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:28, Gojin wrote:

Have you tried beast gt?

how immature

Sydney
Mar 31, 2007, 01:32 AM
Good for you. Play anyway you want.

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 01:36 AM
I tried cast fortetecher. Things didn't go well.

Especially at low levels, you'll meet people who think that there's only one way to play. Frankly, beast guntecher is about as bad a combination you can get in either side, but that doesn't really mean anything. You're still worth the party space, and can still do the job of a gunner and part of the job of a techer.

Saying that you should be a hunter just because you're a beast is just wrong. You should be a beast because you like being a hunter, but you shouldn't be a hunter because you like being a beast.

Gojin
Mar 31, 2007, 01:38 AM
They're all going to laugh at you Carrie! Yeah the elitists here piss me off I dont even play PSU that much anymore too many dumbasses.

Uncle_bob
Mar 31, 2007, 01:39 AM
He joined your party and was able to boot you? D:

Skuda
Mar 31, 2007, 01:39 AM
All race/class combos are in PSU for a reason. People like choice. You chose Beast Guntecher because you wanted to be one. That other player had no right to impose his opinions on you such as he did.

It's not your race/class choice that makes you a noob. It's how you go about playing.

That Rauzerox fellow? Well he's just an ignorant ass. :3

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 01:41 AM
Yeah, that kind of confused me...

Angelo
Mar 31, 2007, 01:43 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:39, Skuda wrote:
All race/class combos are in PSU for a reason. People like choice. You chose Beast Guntecher because you wanted to be one. That other player had no right to impose his opinions on you such as he did.

Everyone has a right to impose opinions. You just get two options on how to react properly:

a. Ignore them (Don't team with the assholes)
b. Prove them wrong (Be the best damn Beast Guntecher you can)

See how simple that is? Look I solved this thread with one post.

Man, I fucking rock.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-03-30 23:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-03-30 23:45 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 31, 2007, 01:48 AM
I think that Beast GunTecher is a valid combination as the bonuses for the class should serve to counter-balance the race's inherent deficiencies, but this is based soley on my offline conjecture ;P
Even if that's not the case, play how you want, also if the class/race combo sucks, it'll just force you to get better at the game, thus giving you "teh mad skillz".

youthisoverrated
Mar 31, 2007, 01:48 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:38, Gojin wrote:
They're all going to laugh at you Carrie! Yeah the elitists here piss me off I dont even play PSU that much anymore too many dumbasses.

......... that was just a big contradiction in itself

Zorafim
Mar 31, 2007, 01:49 AM
Well, see, if you're the best guntecher you can be, you'd still be better if you were a cast (or newman, I guess). You're imperfect, and these guys just want perfection and nothing more. You're really just better off ignoring them and playing how you wish.

xennec
Mar 31, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:39, Uncle_bob wrote:
He joined your party and was able to boot you? D:

I joined a party, then he joined and the leader gave him leader.

Skuda
Mar 31, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:43, Angelo wrote:

On 2007-03-30 23:39, Skuda wrote:

Everyone has a right to impose opinions. You just get two options on how to react properly:

a. Ignore them (Don't team with the assholes)
b. Prove them wrong (Be the best damn Beast Guntecher you can)

See how simple that is? Look I solved this thread with one post.

Man, I fucking rock.

Displaying your opinions is one thing, but when they attempt to force them on you, like it was stated here with booting, then the enforcer is in the wrong.

As for your solution, me thinks it's a little more complicated than that. After all, Bigotry and Racism are still kicking around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-03-30 23:51 ]</font>

xennec
Mar 31, 2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I'm just glad to see that there are others who feel the same way I do. But thats why I made my newman. So he could be a gt/ft and eventually become my main.

And by the way, I found him as Artek and b-listed him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-03-30 23:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xennec on 2007-03-30 23:56 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Mar 31, 2007, 03:19 AM
EDIT: Rephrased. Some people said Newmans are absolutely abysmal at anything that doesn't have techs. They shut their stupid faces as I told them to get aids, and contributed more to the team in half a run than they did in 5 runs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-03-31 01:35 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 31, 2007, 03:27 AM
People shouldn't tell others how to play. They should mind their own business
and worry about how THEY play. That's my two meseta.

Edit: It reminds me of a long while ago when I was
like lvl 57 or something. Two people who I was
partying with told me that I SHOULD get elemental
bullets for my gun. I told them that I do fine
with neutral bullets, being that I'm a ForteFighter,
and not only did they laugh at me, but they were
telling me that I'm stupid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-03-31 01:30 ]</font>

Kura-X
Mar 31, 2007, 03:30 AM
ah the blacklist. such a great feature of the game.

Jeremiah
Mar 31, 2007, 04:08 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:53, xennec wrote:
And by the way, I found him as Artek and b-listed him.

Huh, I crossed paths with him in a party of crimson beats today. Surprised he didn't rebuke me for using my beast wartecher if such was the case with you.

Perhaps it was the same user name. Was he a cast hunter?

-Ryuki-
Mar 31, 2007, 04:25 AM
Y'know, many people actually play their Beasts are WarTecher.
If anything, that's the most common race for that class, in regards
to my own eyes.

Miyoko
Mar 31, 2007, 05:26 AM
On 2007-03-30 23:48, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I think that Beast GunTecher is a valid combination as the bonuses for the class should serve to counter-balance the race's inherent deficiencies, but this is based soley on my offline conjecture ;P
Even if that's not the case, play how you want, also if the class/race combo sucks, it'll just force you to get better at the game, thus giving you "teh mad skillz".

(I've been playing a lot of phoenix wright lately, so...)

http://www.cworange.net/externo/objection.gif
Ronin, I've told you this before, but you cannot make accurate assumptions about online classes from offline classes. They're two -completely- different things.

Where's my evidence to support this? Well...
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6109/takethatgy7.gif

*Cue awesome music*

Take a look at this...
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/7426/onlinevsofflinezx2.jpg
The evidence clearly shows that offline rangers are nowhere near the same as online ones!! *Points!*

Rangers offline have a far more open array of weaponry to choose from. They're almost a mix of all of the online ranger classes. Furthermore, the stat multipliers are completely different!

Now, one would argue that they're largely the same, because offline rangers can use techs, much like their online counterparts. Of course, I wouldn't be prepared to fight this statement without proper evidence!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6109/takethatgy7.gif

Look at the example of Barta...

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5961/onlinevsoffline2lk9.jpg

The multipliers are completely different as well!

Therefor, you cannot attest to the abilities of a guntechter by experiences offline! They're two completely different things! I personally don't believe that making a beast guntechter is the best idea, as I find there's very little synergy between the two. But don't get me wrong; I'm not going to boot somebody because of their class choice. All I care about is weather or not they pull their weight around and are a helpful addition to the team.

To the defendant... Er... Original poster: If you enjoy using the class, then by all means, knock yourself out. As long as you try your best, people shouldn't care.

~

I have no idea why I thought that was all necessary. Like I said, too much phoenix wright. Infact, it's probably completely redundant... But I had fun doing it... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Edited 'cause putfile doesn't like some peoples PC's, it seems)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miyoko on 2007-03-31 03:31 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 31, 2007, 07:52 AM
Just blacklist anyone who thinks this way. Personally, I respect anyone who picks the "wrong" choices, like Newman Fortefighter, CAST Fortetecher, etc.

Gojin
Mar 31, 2007, 08:09 AM
Miyoko has too much time on her hands, and I hope you're on the first pheonix wright THE POLICE CHIEF DID IT! The old man in the boat house did it, the mafia chick killed that dude in the steel samurai case, the thinker = a clock. And last but not least Edgeworth is gay with Von Karma and Von Karma killed Edgeworth's father.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gojin on 2007-03-31 06:10 ]</font>

Miyoko
Mar 31, 2007, 08:18 AM
And yet, your busy schedual obviously keeps you from playing PSU, posting on a MMORPG forum, as well as idling there for hours on end for poor attempts to trolling. Who's the real loser here? <3

By the way, finished both Phoenix Wright 1 and 2.

Rashiid
Mar 31, 2007, 08:30 AM
You shoulda kicked em in his virtual @$$!!!

natewifi
Mar 31, 2007, 08:45 AM
you guys get way too caught up in this game as if you were really offended, there is nothing to get emotional about your not an actual newman...

Sekani
Mar 31, 2007, 08:58 AM
Uncommon race/class combos are only horrible on paper. Unfortunately too many people in game and on these forums read that paper and take it as law.

Ryna
Mar 31, 2007, 09:12 AM
Due to the flaming that is occurring in this thread, I am going to lock it. The OP can restart the thread if he/she wants to.