PDA

View Full Version : A-Rank melee drops

Tiyr
Mar 31, 2007, 10:26 PM
Is it just me, or does finding a prefabbed A-Rank feel like finding a Varista did in PSO?

I've found two Buccaneers today and both times it's been like "Oh, great, that'll look really pretty in my bank.

As long as those things drop without elements on them they're going to be relegated to practice weapons / shop bait.

Deathgeist
Mar 31, 2007, 10:34 PM
Ya it's really not exciting finding anything unless it's a rare spawn and even then half the time you get junk. I guess I get kinda happy when I find a crea board of some kind but even then there is a pretty large meh factor.

I think I actually got a bit more excited when I found varista's cause it got my hopes up for something good haha

Itsuki
Mar 31, 2007, 10:39 PM
Finding Rapiers feels kinda nice. I mean, come on, A-rank, 29% ice. Thats hot. Well, cold, but they're actually decent weapons. On the other hand, finding a double saber from a gol dova feels like a swift kick to the groin.

Gen2000
Mar 31, 2007, 10:40 PM
I was more excited finding a 50-55% Varista than anything in this game so far.

Tiyr
Mar 31, 2007, 10:42 PM
On 2007-03-31 20:39, Itsuki-chan wrote:
Finding Rapiers feels kinda nice. I mean, come on, A-rank, 29% ice. Thats hot. Well, cold, but they're actually decent weapons. On the other hand, finding a double saber from a gol dova feels like a swift kick to the groin.

Yeah, any of the ones that have elements at the vendor are nice to find because of that.

I got a Nightwalker from a Gol Dolva in Mad Beasts S, then watched my old, crappy 20% light Double Saber outdamage the thing. Ugh. I don't know why they bothered having them drop anything besides the board.

Rashiid
Mar 31, 2007, 10:43 PM
finding a melee weapon isnt as special since.....theyre usually neutral. everyone hates neutral. cept those that....well...like em.

Neggy
Mar 31, 2007, 11:18 PM
I don't mind neutral weapons, I carry a lot of them. I actutally try to buy them, unless I'm buying a whole elemental palette of that specific weapon.

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2007, 02:14 AM
Well, I suppose you could still sell neutrals for lower prices. They still do come in handy when lvling pa's solo. I wouldnt bring them into parties otherwise, or you'll get torched with the flame >.<

majan
Apr 1, 2007, 02:48 PM
well you can always just sell it for really cheap.its not like your losing moeny.you found the thing on the floor so even if oyu sell it for 50k at hte very least thats 50k meseta you found on the floor

and that benefits the person who buys it too because they just got hooked up with a 9 star item for real cheap.no element?no problem,for some people.not everybody is so concerned with it.sure it helps but some peopele dont wanna be bothered.more power to them.

just dont fear losing money because you found a neutral element item and now must :gasp: sell it for cheap.

its stilll all profit

RadiantLegend
Apr 1, 2007, 04:23 PM
Going through so many fakis runs only to get a 29% Rapier

whooo hooooooo.

Chaobo99
Apr 1, 2007, 06:45 PM
i like neutral..no advantage but no weakness

Tiyr
Apr 1, 2007, 09:42 PM
On 2007-04-01 12:48, majan wrote:
well you can always just sell it for really cheap.its not like your losing moeny.you found the thing on the floor so even if oyu sell it for 50k at hte very least thats 50k meseta you found on the floor

and that benefits the person who buys it too because they just got hooked up with a 9 star item for real cheap.no element?no problem,for some people.not everybody is so concerned with it.sure it helps but some peopele dont wanna be bothered.more power to them.

just dont fear losing money because you found a neutral element item and now must :gasp: sell it for cheap.

its stilll all profit

You're entirely right. I was thinking about it entirely in terms of usability, but it's good for money, anyway.

Heh, thanks. Sometimes I forget players shops even exist.