PDA

View Full Version : xbox or ps2

Bre4dmaka
Apr 1, 2007, 04:33 AM
can any one let me know how many people get online to xbox versoin of psu vrs ps2`

ex: how many people do you see online ona afriday or how many worlds have stars?

Bre4dmaka
Apr 1, 2007, 04:40 AM
oh any any one hear anything about american swichovers on the new expansion pack? will we keep characters?

NPCMook
Apr 1, 2007, 10:51 AM
Xbox usually gets 3-4 full servers on weekends... dunno about the PS2 version not touching that subject part with a 10 foot pool...

and most likely Yes...

Mattardo
Apr 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
Xbox actually has no servers for this game. There are servers for PS2, PC and XBOX 360 however. I would be impressed, though, if you could pull off playing this game on xbox.

NPCMook
Apr 1, 2007, 11:05 AM
ow that troll of a comment made my head hurt...

Mattardo
Apr 1, 2007, 11:07 AM
nobody has a sense of humor anymore....

DikkyRay
Apr 1, 2007, 11:12 AM
On 2007-04-01 09:07, Mattardo wrote:
nobody has a sense of humor anymore....

You made me laugh

Retehi
Apr 1, 2007, 11:12 AM
You didn't get the memo that internet is srs bsnss?

Mattardo
Apr 1, 2007, 11:16 AM
Oh golly, you're right. I have offended a high level japanese yakuza and now I must mutilate myself to make up for my lack of respect. I will cut off my left nipple with my copy of Phantasy Star Universe for the original Xbox. That will save face. HAI!

Tengoku
Apr 1, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-04-01 09:16, Mattardo wrote:
Oh golly, you're right. I have offended a high level japanese yakuza and now I must mutilate myself to make up for my lack of respect. I will cut off my left nipple with my copy of Phantasy Star Universe for the original Xbox. That will save face. HAI!
I don't know if it'll save you much face, but it sure will guarantee that you'll never go shirtless in public again.

Kaydin
Apr 1, 2007, 04:07 PM
PC/PS2 has one universe almost full on peak hours. But there are also a lot of small groups of friends who play on other universes, like myself.

Daremo
Apr 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
I would be impressed, though, if you could pull off playing this game on xbox.
If Xbox was not killed by MS we might have seen PSU on the Xbox... But I like my HD graphics so lets not even go down that scary path.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-04-01 08:51, NPCMook wrote:
not touching that subject part with a 10 foot pool...

Sylpheed
Apr 2, 2007, 07:03 PM
Basically, Xbox 360 is better than PS2/PC online a lot more people play it online cause Xbox 360 rules cmon people thats what you were all thinking.

Now it stime to sit back and watch the angry mob come over the horizon dum de dum

Criss
Apr 2, 2007, 11:52 PM
Now I haven't played on the X360, but from what I've read, the X360 servers normally have more people, and the economy hasn't been inflated by some exploits that there was a while ago on PC/PS2 servers (those exploits have long since been fixed though).

But when it comes to hardware and game performance, both consoles reportedly have frequent "slowdown" problems in particular areas of the game, and there is a certain "weapon-switch lag" when changing palette slots because the game has to load the weapon and it can be bothersome if you have to quickly switch to use resta for example. But if you have a decent PC, you have better control over graphics settings, can also use a controller (that can be totally reconfigured to better suit your style), and get less or no slowdown or system lag.

So when it comes to game stability and performance, nothing beats a good PC. But as far as community and number of players go, X360 probably has the upper hand. Doesn't mean the PC/PS2 servers are totally empty, there's just less people in general... and after a while it somehow feels like everyone knows eachother. XD

Thrash777
Apr 3, 2007, 12:02 AM
IMO, 360 version looks nicer and smoother.

FACT: 360 does have a large community, and its economy is untarnished.

That's all I'm going to say, otherwise things... 'get out of hand'...

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 09:17 AM
Sounds like x360 has more people.

I play on pc/ps2. Wherever I go, I see people, so for what its worth I think there are at least 'enough' players on pc/ps2, if not more than enough. I'm sure the population took a hit when all the 'omg hax /world' fervor started up last fall. However, it appears to have been handled rather successfully by Sega, and things seem stable now.

The nice thing about pc (which someone earlier pointed out) is you have total control over your experience, if you have a good enough pc. You can tweak just about everything. So long as you use a controller it controls just like the console versions, plus you get the benefit of playing on a good pc (that's if you have one).

Another thing, and maybe its just me, but I have NEVER wanted to play a game with voice chat. First off, I live in a condo, and if I was talking into a mic at 2 in the morning and forget myself and started calling out stuff about megid and foie and synth boards (or whatever) my neighbors would eventually call the cops on me, I'm sure. More importantly, I have NO interest in hearing the RL voices of the characters I play with. To me, that takes away a lot of escapism I look for in a good online rpg. I understand the strategic value of voice chat ~ its immediacy ~ but that same strength is a serious negative to me. However, if you have a x360, and you like voice chat, then its a no brainer: go x360. However, if you have a good pc, I'd recommend the pc/ps2 version.

Just my 2 meseta.

xeron123
Apr 3, 2007, 09:40 AM
On 2007-04-03 07:17, doubleEXP wrote:
Another thing, and maybe its just me, but I have NEVER wanted to play a game with voice chat. First off, I live in a condo, and if I was talking into a mic at 2 in the morning and forget myself and started calling out stuff about megid and foie and synth boards (or whatever) my neighbors would eventually call the cops on me, I'm sure. More importantly, I have NO interest in hearing the RL voices of the characters I play with. To me, that takes away a lot of escapism I look for in a good online rpg. I understand the strategic value of voice chat ~ its immediacy ~ but that same strength is a serious negative to me. However, if you have a x360, and you like voice chat, then its a no brainer: go x360. However, if you have a good pc, I'd recommend the pc/ps2 version.

Just my 2 meseta.

It's not just you. Voice chat ruins the phantasy star experience. This is why I left 360 for PS2. I actually went and bought a satin silver Playstation that will probably not have the disc tray opened again until i sell it. The xbox servers have more people, yes, but for the time I was playing, even with the Halo kiddies muted, the community wasn't the same. If you're looking for the real PSU experience, go for the PC/PS2 servers. IMHO

Sychosis
Apr 3, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-04-03 07:40, xeron123 wrote:

On 2007-04-03 07:17, doubleEXP wrote:

Just my 2 meseta.

It's not just you. Voice chat ruins the phantasy star experience. This is why I left 360 for PS2. I actually went and bought a satin silver Playstation that will probably not have the disc tray opened again until i sell it. The xbox servers have more people, yes, but for the time I was playing, even with the Halo kiddies muted, the community wasn't the same. If you're looking for the real PSU experience, go for the PC/PS2 servers. IMHO

It's obvious you never played with us.

One of these days I'm going to have to record some runs complete with voice chat and show you people why it's a wonderful thing.

omegapirate2k
Apr 3, 2007, 09:58 AM
On 2007-04-03 07:51, Sychosis wrote:
It's obvious you never played with us.

One of these days I'm going to have to record some runs complete with voice chat and show you people why it's a wonderful thing.

QFT

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 10:00 AM
EDIT: Deleted because of my need for reading comprehension skills! =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-04-03 08:33 ]</font>

xeron123
Apr 3, 2007, 10:07 AM
I'm not saying all of the PSU360 community is a waste of time. I obviously enjoyed the game because I spent $200 to play on another platform. Just from my experiences the 360 has more people, but the PC/PS2 has nicer people. Although I really believe it would help a lot if they found a way to merge the servers, even though there's the M$ gamertag crap. I really think that game companies don't need to focus so much on cross platform titles, especially MMORPGs. Please dont flame me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Apr 3, 2007, 10:11 AM
I...wasn't talking to you double...

Regardless, we accommodate the typists as well. I prefer using my keyboard myself. I'm not a fast typist and it's a skill I like to practice up on. If someone is in the party that doesn't want to use voice chat, we go text mode.

but the PC/PS2 has nicer people.

That's just a false statement. How platform preference is any indication of civility is beyond me.

Rashiid
Apr 3, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-04-03 08:11, Sychosis wrote:
That's just a false statement. How platform preference is any indication of civility is beyond me.

i know. theres still a majority of ppl on teh 360 that type (like me, i dispise my mic on PSU, i only speak when spoken to)

yes, theres urseholes, but thats because they come from a line of 360 games that turn them into urseholes.

xeron123
Apr 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
On 2007-04-03 08:18, Rashiid wrote:

yes, theres urseholes, but thats because they come from a line of 360 games that turn them into urseholes.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Akaimizu
Apr 3, 2007, 10:25 AM
Or better yet. They were urseholes in the first place, just waiting for the medium for which they can express their urseholalities. Playing stuff like Guild Wars, FFXI, Everquest, etc., and the like, is a plain indicator that they were planning on doing that stuff, regardless of their gaming-background.

In general, your favorite community is basically where you first found your "cool" people to hang out with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-03 08:27 ]</font>

xeron123
Apr 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-04-03 08:25, Akaimizu wrote:

In general, your favorite community is basically where you first found your "cool" people to hang out with.

Yeah, then ST took the servers down, and the only alternative then was on the other side of Sega's EULA and full of hackers. So I setteled for PSU a few years later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
On 2007-04-03 08:11, Sychosis wrote:
I...wasn't talking to you double...

okay

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 3, 2007, 10:52 AM
Pros and cons-

Xbox 360 PSU is very very secure... yet... due to voice chat, high HIGH population compared to PSU PC/PS2/PS3, and a majority of idiots and arseholes... the social standpoint from what I've heard is very negative to lowbies from higher levelers. Xbox's security has none to very VERY little hacking, so much so that the entire economy is about that of the 1*-6* non-%ed weapon economy of PSU PC/PS2/PS3...

PSU PC/PS2/PS3 is currently just a massive haxeta[duped meseta] farm. The population is massivly reduced because of all the legit-only arses... I myself have not left PSU PC/PS2/PS3 because most of my friends are there... And I'd waste 1000 hours of gametime... but, the social status of the PSU PC[blah blah blah] is much nicer then the comments on the 360 version, and really, the prices are going down on most items... except Kubara Wood which is selling at 100000 to 500000... and 3* element photons, which i dont sell because it's cheap ...

Well... theres my 1.2 meseta... x.x;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garanz-Baranz on 2007-04-03 08:53 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 3, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-04-03 08:25, Akaimizu wrote:
Or better yet. They were urseholes in the first place, just waiting for the medium for which they can express their urseholalities. Playing stuff like Guild Wars, FFXI, Everquest, etc., and the like, is a plain indicator that they were planning on doing that stuff, regardless of their gaming-background.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-03 08:27 ]</font>

That definitely says it better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Off-topic: Holy smokes, Mufonna's b-day is approaching. Oh geez, oh geez, oh geez http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Shimarisu-
Apr 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
YES, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND

-Crokar-
Apr 3, 2007, 11:10 AM
i found most of the people i play with through recommended shops shops. they range from lvl 25-80. i care not about lvls. good people is good people. but yesh there are those extremely annoying people. i like voice chat and i cant stand typeing while playing a video game but sometimes i wont even wear my headset if im playing with random people because well theres people playing loud music, have fans on right next to them creating awful sounds, and blatant arseholism. and if no one is talking i wont talk but i cant respond to things quick because i refuse to buy a keyboard.

xeron123
Apr 3, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-04-03 09:01, -Shimarisu- wrote:
YES, I HAVE A BOYFRIEND

Sorry hon.

3R
Apr 3, 2007, 11:30 AM
Voice chat is pretty useful when playing, you don't have to stop in order to type. I cannot imagine doing bruce for example and stopping from time to time to say 'you go left!' time is precious.

Also you get to know ppl way better when actually speaking with them. The way someone talks says a lot about herhim.

Nevertheless, it has its cons too, at least for me since Im not an everyday english speaker. Its always easier to write and read than talk and listen, there are some ppl out there who I cannot understand no matter how hard they try, either because of his voice or dynamism. Moreover I bet some people may find even annoying a foreigner trying to talk to them in their language. Someone told me once 'wow you don't have a mexican accent', well of course, I'm not mexican lol.

There's also these kids around whose voices make you think 'ZOMG brat DONT SHOUT! Your voice gives me headache' XD

Back on topic, well I've seen the three versions of PSU; my PC sucks so didn't run it well. PS2 was nice but I watched it in a normal TV then I saw the 360 version running at 16:9 720p, it was even nicer. STILL, this game has some slowdown issues running on 360.

-Crokar-
Apr 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
i used to play with "foriegn" people all the time. but most of the ones i played with have quit.