PDA

View Full Version : What PSU is missing

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
PSU is a fascinating game, with live action gameplay, picture perfect graphics, and is socially oriented.

Problem is, the game lacks too much content. Too much effort was put into offline mode, which there wasn't as much demand for. PSO was predominately an online game, and most its fans wanted to play online on PSU. Sega should have realized that.

What the game lacks:

-There is nothing new at higher levels
-Stores only provide for lower levels
-Weapon and armor drop rates are too low
-No armor costumes for the male characters
-Not enough clothes in general
-Not enough techniques
-Skin color doesn't get pale enough
-No clan/club/guild system like in BB
-Parum lacks an alternate stage
-Should be at least 3 alternate stages
-Planets do not have enough shops
-Cannot meet user
-Making money takes too long
-The game is not as good as previous titles
-Not enough people playing the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:40 ]</font>

Retehi
Apr 1, 2007, 02:36 PM
k

Rashiid
Apr 1, 2007, 02:37 PM
http://www.nd.edu/~vdegulis/pictures/wambulance.jpg

-Shimarisu-
Apr 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
I don't care.

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 02:39 PM
There are actually minor changes that can be easily made with a simple update or few. These changes would not require an expansion or another version, and would greatly improve the game.

-Increase weapon and money drop rates
-Add more items to the store
-Add clothing, including armor for male characters

Tahldon
Apr 1, 2007, 02:41 PM
*headscratch*

Skuda
Apr 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
I personally think PSU should have a more sandbox-like environment. It's supposed to be a "universe" after all, yet we are very limited in the places we can go.

Sychosis
PSU is missing free beer.

I wanted a six pack when I bought this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

oreidenewyork
dont like it, dont play

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 02:45 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/746/746037p1.html

Rating: 5.5

Personally, I don't think its that bad. I'd give it a 7 or 8. And the fact that they don't like the graphics pisses me off since PSU graphics are the best Ive seen in any rpg. WOW looks ancient compared to this.

Point being, Phantasy Star would have been improved a lot more if its fans were to simply complain a bit more.

Cash_Lavi
Apr 1, 2007, 02:46 PM
I think they should have made PSU like BB but the character creation was like PSU not like BB's. There has to be better looking weapons, theyre all the same. If PSU was like BB style, that would be perfect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cash_Lavi on 2007-04-01 12:46 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Apr 1, 2007, 02:49 PM
Drop rates too *low*? I thought rares were supposed to be rare.

I do agree, though, that there isn't a lot of content in Online (compared to other modern-day MMOs, but compared to PSO it's a really huge improvement), and it would be awesome if there were more places to just wander around in. More to do outside of battle. With all I keep hearing about people dropping the game, Sega's gonna have to come up with something creative to keep the community alive. And I don't think they can just wait until the expansion is out to accomplish that.

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-04-01 12:46, Cash_Lavi wrote:
I think they should have made PSU like BB but the character creation was like PSU not like BB's. There has to be better looking weapons, theyre all the same. If PSU was like BB style, that would be perfect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cash_Lavi on 2007-04-01 12:46 ]</font>

Good point. Beyond those simple changes, if Sega were to make an expansion for this game like with PSO, which it won't because hardly anybody plays it, although:

-An extra planet only for higher level (make it cold)
-Permit paler skin for the characters
-All new clothing and armor for both sexes
-An extra stage for Parum, it only has one
-Different blocks should look somewhat different
-Graphic improvements for the weapons, more unique
-More techniques
-Add a guild system like in BB and Wow
-Guild Cards should have meet user on them like PSO
-More missions, new enemies
-New room decorations, add furnature
-No Offline, exclusively Online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 13:02 ]</font>

Sekani
Apr 1, 2007, 02:57 PM
WHERE is my super suit?!

ShadowDragon28
Um.. yeah... I really don't see how the "there isn't enough content" is even relevent anymore. PSU has alot of content, it's like getting a BLT sandwich and saying it doesn't have "enough ingrediants".

You can whine to the Lunch Truck guy that the BLT Sandwich needs more "ingrediants" or "toppings" but the Lunch truck guy is still going to look at you funny. Whining to him is not going to change the good ole' BLT Sandwich. He's not telling you to buy it and eat it. Either you take it as is and enjoy it or move on to something else that you like.

There *is* an expansion in the works though.

See for players with plenty of Real Life things to do, PSU's online content is actually quite significant. It's players that spam the *Same* missions 30-50 times a day *everyday*, may never go do any other missions on other planets, or don't try to raise more than 1 PM, or spend little to no time synthing, farming for specific items, or even chatting and have 999999999999999999999999999 f*king meseta to buy everything, those players that tend to think PSU doesn't have "enough content" and I'm not refering to anybody specific by name.....

IMO the subject of this thread is like going over to everyone's BLT sandwich and bitching outloud that the sandwich still doesn't have enough "content"; When everyone that's eating the BLT sandwich *likes* what their eating and is pretty much *enjoying* their sandwich as it is. Other views may vary though.

Skuda
I'd personally like to see a lunga ranch on moatoob. You could go in, raise your own lunga (by feeding them berries and truffles) and take it into moatoob desert missions as an extra player.

In response to ShadowDragon, I just wish my BLT was BIGGER and more TASTY. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2007-04-01 12:59 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-04-01 12:52, K-Morfos wrote:

I'm sorry, no. I've been wanting a real Phantasy Star game for a while. As soon as I got the game, I flew through story mode. As soon as each online mission is released, I complete it as soon as possible.
Yes, the storyline sucks so much that it may as well not of been added. However, I really want a continuation of the badassitude that I've already seen from Sega. You know, twenty years ago.

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-04-01 12:58, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-04-01 12:52, K-Morfos wrote:

I'm sorry, no. I've been wanting a real Phantasy Star game for a while. As soon as I got the game, I flew through story mode. As soon as each online mission is released, I complete it as soon as possible.
Yes, the storyline sucks so much that it may as well not of been added. However, I really want a continuation of the badassitude that I've already seen from Sega. You know, twenty years ago.

But if the old version has offline mode, you won't need it in the new one or the expansion. If you like offline, play the old version instead of the expansion. Thats what I meant.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 03:02 PM
beating the dead horse (this particular subject) is not going to make it get up, run fast and win whatever race it is you want it to win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:02, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
beating the dead horse (this particular subject) is not going to make it get up, run fast and win whatever race it is you want it to win. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Thats because you weren't complaining enough to begin with. If there are enough complaints about an online game, the game makers will sastisfy their demands. Since people who play Phantasy Star tend not to contact sega and give advice and make complaints, their games don't seem to move anywhere despite constant maitenence.

Skuda
Apr 1, 2007, 03:08 PM
I don't think it's a matter of contacting Sega, It's more a matter of learning japanese and contacting Sega Japan. You know, the people who are actually making the game?

Big fat whole lot o' nothing the Sega America can do about it.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 03:09 PM
Come to think about it, what this game is missing is Myao characters. Agile characters who can support the group but can't cast offensive magic, and can still produce a decent damage per second using claws.
This is an ideal character model, and is something I love playing as. It's been seen in every Phantasy Star game (not as much in PSO, though, but still there), and is sorely missed in PSU.

I sound like a broken record, don't I?

On 2007-04-01 13:00, K-Morfos wrote:
But if the old version has offline mode, you won't need it in the new one or the expansion. If you like offline, play the old version instead of the expansion. Thats what I meant.

Then that would mean no offline continuation of the story. No way for Sega to redeem themselves on how bad a job they did the first time around. There's still alot of storyline that they haven't gone into, and it may be possible to get the story to actually become good.

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:08, Skuda wrote:
I don't think it's a matter of contacting Sega, It's more a matter of learning japanese and contacting Sega Japan. You know, the people who are actually making the game?

Big fat whole lot o' nothing the Sega America can do about it.

They run American servers, why can't they?

Skuda
Apr 1, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, they run the servers, but they're not actually making any game content. Servers, tech support and localization are all they're really doing.

K-Morfos
Apr 1, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:11, Skuda wrote:
Yes, they run the servers, but they're not actually making any game content. Servers, tech support and localization are all they're really doing.

Sega says that there is more content to be added to the game. If anoupgh people were to complain to Sega of America, perhapse they would send it to Sega of Japan. As long all all of the complaints and suggestions shared most in common with each other.

Increasing weapon drop rate would alone improve the gameplay.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 03:21 PM
Complaining is not going to accomplish anything. Sonic Team's members are not fully fluent in English, and neither do they lurk this Board. Constructive criticism or suggestions are only going to matter if you can type them in Japanese and e-mail ST in Japan directly. E-mailing them an English e-mail will leave them scratching their heads.

They probably get 500 e-mails from Japanese players of PSU a day already with plenty of whining bitching, contructive criticism and suggestions. They aren't going to try and cater to all of those players, because many whiney complaints are probably baseless and pretty stupid.

Just wait for the expansion. "More content" will be coming...
Jeez, people need to stop spamming the same mission 50x a day everyday IMO. *sigh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-04-01 13:27 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 03:22 PM
Nothing seems to be huntable right now. I suppose there are the crea doubles and the halarod, which don't seem to drop at too poor a rate judging by the amount of people that have them. However, items that drop from rare monsters drop at such a low rate, you're just as likely to find one if you go outside and play baseball. I hear of so few examples of people actually having the seasonal weapons, A rank save units, and the like, and so many examples of people going through fifty rare monsters to get it when I can't even find one. I also see almost no examples of any Fakis 10* weapons (there's one japanese screenshot, and that's about it).

So yeah, I can agree with that.

EphekZ
Apr 1, 2007, 03:24 PM
we need more people who just play and don't complain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 03:25 PM
I'll stop whining when there's something fun to do.

Rashiid
Apr 1, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:24, EphekZ wrote:
we need more people who just play and don't complain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:05, K-Morfos wrote:

Thats because you weren't complaining enough to begin with. If there are enough complaints about an online game, the game makers will sastisfy their demands. Since people who play Phantasy Star tend not to contact sega and give advice and make complaints, their games don't seem to move anywhere despite constant maitenence.

I don't and have never complained about "content" because *I* am satisfied for the most part with all the content there is. I'm sure many others are as well.

The only thing I've remotely mentioned rhetorically is that ST should of had all the clothing available since day 1.

This whole subject as been gone over dozens of times. Constantly complaining is not going to change anything really....

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2007, 03:36 PM
We need more people who actually do some studying, and put at least 1k hours in before making a decision into an online game =

This game isnt even fully unlocked =

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
What is "missing from PSU" are players that just take it easy and play the game if they actually *like* the game and no longer beat a dead horse over and over again, and neither feel the need to dig up the dead horse just to beat it some more.

Now...
With all the new Kubara Boards out I've got plenty to try to synth, still need to buy or synth B Grinders, and the Easter rappies to hunt (and them only being up until April 13th) For *me* I've got plenty to do in PSU.
I still have plenty of PA fragments to earn (only have 3), still have lot's of levels to gain since I don't play too often LOL.

Which is do to haveing college classes, and course work taking up 60~80% of my time. I'm lucky if I can even squeeze in 2-3 hrs to hunt for Easter Rappies so i can cet a few easter eggs so I can sale them for much needed meseta so I can start synthing Kubara weapons, 7*~9* stuff/buy PM food for 3 diff PM's/buy B Grinders +9 & +10...

Hmm post # 711, 7-11? hmm i feel like having a Slurpee now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-04-01 13:55 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 03:54 PM
So, you're eating through content slowly. A small amount of content won't hurt you, since you probably can't get through it all anyway.
What about those who have five hours or so of free time a day? They're paying money for a game, and want that money to go as far as it can. Yet, they can easily burn through the content that's slowly being released.

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 03:57 PM
Digging up the dead horse to beat more and expecting it to get up, run and win the race is not really going to accomplish much.

ST employees don't read this Message Board as far as anyone knows.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 03:59 PM
You act as if we expect to go anywhere. I know that whining doesn't do anything, but it does make me feel alot better.

_Wolf_
Apr 1, 2007, 04:00 PM
what is with wanting more pale skin trying to make a zombie character or a nerd who stays inside all day lol

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 04:07 PM
In my case at least, pale skin is a sign of femininity or royalty. It makes a character seem fair and angelic, as opposed to rough and Laia-like. It could also be used for a demonic character (white skin and red eyes, or something of the like), or a weak, sickly character.
Pale skin can be used for alot.

RadiantLegend
Apr 1, 2007, 04:17 PM
Laia is sexy soft .... >_<

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 04:21 PM
i have pale skin in real life due to my moderate Anemia, so my main character which I designed to resemble me IRL i gave pale skin. Benign and benevolent "dark" characters can have pale skin too.

But there's no rule that says a gothic types can't have dark skin either. I

t's only partially the fashion sense & style, the rest is attitude, body laguage, character and how one conducts themeselves. I'm no fan of tans though as IRL ;the sun rays cause me to sun burn very easily. Due to anemia.

woot Yay to thread derailing! (for this thread I don't mind it being derailed. LOL)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-04-01 14:23 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 04:27 PM
Anemic chicks are hot.

Yeah, derailed...

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 04:36 PM
Only if they are trim and are wearing black Victorian-esque Corsets or bodices...

Like these girls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/cute-gothic-girls.jpg

FUFME
Apr 1, 2007, 04:37 PM
Hopefully the expansion pack will fix the majority of all that.

What we have now is really small for an Online Game.

Im used to Unreal Tournament where you can play thousands of maps and tons of different gametypes.

People customizing their own maps and voice packs..etc

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-04-01 14:17, Ragolismine wrote:
Laia is sexy soft .... >_<

Laia? Soft? What?

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 04:41 PM
PSO is a hack-n-slash game w/ an online multiplayer, developed originally for the PS 2, it has little in common with a third-person shooter developed for PC's... PSU was never intended to be a MMORPG or a 3rd person Shooter.

The mistake is thinking that or expecting PSU to be a MMORPG when it was not ever intended to be.

PSU has plenty of content, as long as players do more that just spam the same missions 50 times a day everyday....

Sekani
Apr 1, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-04-01 14:36, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Only if they are trim and are wearing black Victorian-esque Corsets or bodices...

Like these girls http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'd hit it. Twice.

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-04-01 14:49, Sekani wrote:

I'd hit it. Twice.

oober hawts. I agree.

Ryoki
Apr 1, 2007, 04:59 PM
On 2007-04-01 12:35, K-Morfos wrote:
PSU is a fascinating game, with live action gameplay, picture perfect graphics, and is socially oriented.

Problem is, the game lacks too much content. Too much effort was put into offline mode, which there wasn't as much demand for. PSO was predominately an online game, and most its fans wanted to play online on PSU. Sega should have realized that.

What the game lacks:

-Not enough techniques
-Cannot meet user

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:40 ]</font>

Ok first off...
1 The stores will sell better stuff gradually. At higher levels, you get entry into better missions, chances at better missions, so forth. Although, I also think drop rates are too low. I agree with that.

2 As for the clothes, this game has more than any other MMO that I have ever played. I said clothes, not armor. So quit beyotching bout this one.

3 lol. Sorry you can't be albino.

4 this sounds like another whine whine im going back to PSO thing here.

Also, I didn't notice that really HAWT picture till now. Damnit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-04-01 15:00 ]</font>

Sekani
Apr 1, 2007, 05:02 PM
Well, just the one on the left. Cute face, long dark hair, and abundant cleavage--that's an instant win trifecta right there.

Dragwind
Apr 1, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-04-01 15:02, Sekani wrote:
Well, just the one on the left. Cute face, long dark hair, and abundant cleavage--that's an instant win trifecta right there.

lmao. so true.

Ryoki
Apr 1, 2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I actually only like the left one. The right one looks like she would be totally mean.

Don't really care for the weird lip piercing, but no need to judge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-04-01 15:05 ]</font>

ArchAngelMai
Apr 1, 2007, 06:47 PM
Well. Took about 30 mins to read the whole thread. Okay, I haven't gotten to play PSU online yet, but I agree in a sense that yeah some more things need to be done with it. I completed story mode and 2 characters in Extra mode all the way up to 100. And a mag for each, I mean PM or whatever there called. If they really are releasing an expansion pack, woot! It will come some day, and wait patiently till it get's here. I personally wouldn't get borred till I have the 3 charaters I want primed. Meaning a Female Newman Lv.100 with the Claw PM and Whitill Card and my Pritia Set with Gogoj boots like my offline character, all Technics mastered, 1 of every weapon, if storage permits. Hmm A female cast with similar specs except not a force, a ranger, or one of the classes that are not offline. And a Male Beast that is simialr yet a hunter. Hmm only fourty something days till I turn 21, than I'm getting my own Credit Card so I can start playing online like I did with PSO, I think I got a good 1000 plus hours out of it. But that was also because of all the really cool weapons there were and what not. I hope to atleast get that many out of PSU. But I'll know soon enough. Oh yeah for those of us who can speak Japanese(myself included) complaining to companies doesn't solve anything really. Unfortunatly whoever said that it is Japan that holds the keys etc, is right. Even though I can speak/type/write/read 1000+ Japanese words, it has no purpose in the world of game developers. There usually nott concerned with countries that have low subscription rates like America does. It's because of WoW and FFXI that we can't have more support, and PSOBB which has a lot of subscribers to my knowledge. Well I've ranted enough for now. Must study some for my Japanese Exam tommarow.

ArchAngelMai
Apr 1, 2007, 06:49 PM
That better right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ArchAngelMai on 2007-04-01 20:35 ]</font>

ArchAngelMai
Apr 1, 2007, 06:50 PM
Man, guess they can't. =(

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 06:51 PM
Could you do me a favor and delete that? It's stretching the page to a large degree, making it difficult to read the posts.

doubleEXP
Apr 1, 2007, 06:53 PM
At first, last fall, I found a lot of so-called flaws with this game. It turns out most of the problem were with me. I somehow wanted a game that was PSO and wasn't PSO, all at the same time.

I recently came back to PSU with a fresh outlook. I'm having a blast. Having recently played WoW and some other mmo's it is SO refreshing to play PSU.

PSU is a true action rpg with a lot of style and a lot of ways to play it. If you don't enjoy it, that's not a crime, but maybe you should just move on and play something you DO like and leave this board to its fans.

RadiantLegend
Apr 1, 2007, 07:11 PM
Laia is just misunderstood. She might act tough every now and then but shes just a little fragile beast woman.

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 07:15 PM
It's more like she's tough, and every now and then she's stereotypically in love with the cool married dude.

She's a house breaker. That's even worse.

NPCMook
Apr 1, 2007, 07:18 PM
Laia isn't misunderstood, she is heard loud and clear... or she'll break your face >.>

RadiantLegend
Apr 1, 2007, 07:22 PM
<_< she just needs some loving. Kinda like what PSU is missing.

~loving~ *and gib more rare map spawns, but thats a different case*

cheeezitz
Apr 1, 2007, 07:25 PM
nice

EphekZ
Apr 1, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:59, Zorafim wrote:I'll stop whining when there's something fun to do.

You act as if we expect to go anywhere. I know that whining doesn't do anything, but it does make me feel alot better.

so wait...if whining about PSU makes you feel a lot better, then PSU makes you feel bad...so...Wouldn't it be more logical to just quit and stop annoying others?

Zorafim
Apr 1, 2007, 08:48 PM
Nonsense, then I'd have nothing to complain about. Where's the logic in that?

EphekZ
Apr 1, 2007, 08:52 PM
...wow...

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 1, 2007, 09:49 PM

so the first parts off topic. the guy in the background behind the girl on the right, is it just me or does he have his hand down the back of that girls pants? wonder if he knew there was a camera

second part is semi-on-topic. why do people insist about complaining. i read the last few post and seen nothing good but wasnt really expecting any different. this game already has more missions to do on one planet than pso had in its entirety.

PJ
Apr 1, 2007, 10:30 PM
I know it's an opinion, but I wish people wouldn't say it as if it were fact that, "PSU's story sucked and the original PS stories/games rocked."

Again, throwing opinion bit out there, I played them, and I didn't enjoy them. And PSU's story is awesome.

Also, why do people WANT shit just handed out to them? Lowered drop rates? Raise meseta drops? Yeah, no. PSU certainly isn't a job, but let's not get carried away and have everything handed to your ass. And besides, I don't know any of PSU;s drop rates, but from what it seems like, the drop rates were MUCH harder in PSO.

ArchAngelMai
Apr 1, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-04-01 20:30, PJ wrote:
I know it's an opinion, but I wish people wouldn't say it as if it were fact that, "PSU's story sucked and the original PS stories/games rocked."

Again, throwing opinion bit out there, I played them, and I didn't enjoy them. And PSU's story is awesome.

Also, why do people WANT shit just handed out to them? Lowered drop rates? Raise meseta drops? Yeah, no. PSU certainly isn't a job, but let's not get carried away and have everything handed to your ass. And besides, I don't know any of PSU;s drop rates, but from what it seems like, the drop rates were MUCH harder in PSO.

So true, but thats not what I was getting at in my post though. I'm saying yeah there are problems, but that's the case with any game.

Weakness
Apr 1, 2007, 11:27 PM
First and foremost, only meh~ to the girlie picture. I'm not really into the whole goth chick thing, they all usually end up being complete bitches in the end. Like the cleavage to the one on the right, but the one on the left has a cuter face.

On subject~

When the game first came out, I'll admit... I hated it. I did everything there was to do online in about the first 45 minutes of play on the first day. So, I reverted and played the story mode.

Now I have played all of the PS games... and none of the stories have been exactly "wowing," but this one was pretty bottom barrel. The online stories are pretty interesting though (minus Laia), and they show some promise to bring the story up to at least "okay" status.

Well after the first big update, I got back into online. I played around, took my time, ended up restarting my level 50 character... then restarted that character after level 34 and decided I wanted to be a CAST again lol. But got a fair amount of enjoyment and play time. After that got bored for a little longer, next update found things to do, and the pattern just kind of continued.

It isn't that there isn't enough content... there just aren't enough people to play with that content. Everyone is so intent on spamming the same damn mission over and over and over, that you can't find anyone anywhere else outside of that one mission.

I bitch and moan about a lot of things, but after the first big content update I kind of laid off this game. Outside of the inconsistent content updates (-.-; and the fact they need to add all the damned clothes already), I am fairly content with playing for a few weeks, taking a week or so off to do something, then coming back to the new content.

Over all,

Offline Story Mode: 4/10 (was pretty bleh, had a hard time finishing)

Online: 5~7/10 Depends on how long it has been since they added anything substantial

Banish
Apr 3, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-04-01 12:35, K-Morfos wrote:

What the game lacks:

-Not enough techniques
-Cannot meet user

font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2007-04-01 12:40 ]</font>

PSU lacks in many things which you have just listed...and many more.

PSU's not too famous for me, this is my opinion.