PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PC/PS2 Roleplaying

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2007, 03:31 PM
You can probably figure how this one works: a while ago, they had the 360 Roleplaying thread, and I wanted to get in on the roleplaying happiness and whatnot but I'm on PC.

So, I figure, perhaps we should get some roleplaying going for PC/PS2. I don't know how many people P-side would actually be interested, but that's what this post is good for, right?

So, yes. Any interested parties?

Emrald
Apr 1, 2007, 03:42 PM
I've already tried this, several times in fact, never worked. Though I'm always up for RPing.

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2007, 03:48 PM
Huh. So what about the 360 lets them do it, huh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Emrald
Apr 1, 2007, 03:53 PM
*shrug* they don't belive in grinding as much? If you wana meet me on psu, i'd love to rp!

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-04-01 13:48, Allison_W wrote:
Huh. So what about the 360 lets them do it, huh? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

An RP friendly group of PSOWers.

But on a side note:

Flirtatious, Cuddly, Come-Get-It-While-It's-Hot

O_o

Itsuki
Apr 1, 2007, 03:59 PM
There used to be a RP universe, but you kind of had to already know people on it to get parties there x_o It kind of died out either way.

Emrald
Apr 1, 2007, 04:02 PM
I still rp on uni 17

ShadowDragon28
Apr 1, 2007, 04:04 PM
id like to RP... but I've not been contacted by anyone that would like to include me in any online RP'ing senarios....

Emrald
Apr 1, 2007, 04:07 PM
Just find me on universe 17 sometime when I am there.....

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
So Uni 17 is kind of the faux-RP-server on PC/PS2, is it? Hrm.

On 2007-04-01 13:56, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-01 13:48, Allison_W wrote:

An RP friendly group of PSOWers.

Well in that case, we need more RP-friendly PSOWers who are on PC/PS2. Surely all but a handful can't be on 360... well. They can't, right? Can they? 'Cause, y'know, that would seriously be the antithesis of both jawesome and winburger. D:

On 2007-04-01 13:56, Sychosis wrote: But on a side note:

Flirtatious, Cuddly, Come-Get-It-While-It's-Hot

O_o

You're the first person to react to my mood that I know of. But what are you making funny eyes at?

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 08:49 PM
Rather forward, dontcha think? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-04-01 18:49, Sychosis wrote:
Rather forward, dontcha think? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I LOL'd. Maybe a little.

Tra
Apr 1, 2007, 08:56 PM
Hmm... newman females are test tube creations made for nothing but to be fuck toys

oh yeah, I roleplay sometimes~

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-04-01 18:56, Tra wrote:
Hmm... newman females are test tube creations made for nothing but to be fuck toys

Newman Females were also decent fighters at one time...

Tra
Apr 1, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-04-01 18:57, Sychosis wrote:

oh yeah, they die right off instantly after you've finished what you wanted to do with the whores, whether it's fighting or fucking... like that prostitute that you don't want anybody to know that you've spent time with so you killed her

I gotta roleplay that part XD

Allison_W
Apr 1, 2007, 09:08 PM
You're scaring me. That is quite an accomplishment.

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 09:11 PM
On 2007-04-01 19:04, Tra wrote:

On 2007-04-01 18:57, Sychosis wrote:

oh yeah, they die right off instantly after you've finished what you wanted to do with the whores, whether it's fighting or fucking... like that prostitute that you don't want anybody to know that you've spent time with so you killed her

I gotta roleplay that part XD

I was thinking more along the lines of "I think we've evolved beyond them, they should be our fuck toys now."

Seems fair to me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Arika
Apr 2, 2007, 05:17 AM
Hey, I love RPing, but It was very long ago since my last Rping,
Unfortunately,most of my (RP)comrade are died T_T
(die in game = quite:P)

btw, newman female is cute and lovely !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-02 03:23 ]</font>

Itsuki
Apr 2, 2007, 05:45 AM

Roleplaying != Cybering

Alisha
Apr 2, 2007, 06:10 AM
id rather have a beast fuck toy. a tall one. she can dominate me.

does this count as RP?

/me punts a loli

o.o

yes its way too early for talk like this

Emrald
Apr 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
>_< so much for a serious rp thread

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 2, 2007, 03:10 PM
When ST makes drinking and drunken emotes, I'll roleplay more. Really. Or if there's some missions that have more to do with the governments of Gurhal (like taking place in a governent building or something), I'll roleplay my way into a crusade to get that damned system-wide Prohibition repealed. Maybe then Gawik'll finally get some booze.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 2, 2007, 03:11 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-02 13:14 ]</font>

Ryoki
Apr 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-04-01 19:08, Allison_W wrote:

the fact that you call yourself a protranny scares me.

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:48, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-04-01 19:08, Allison_W wrote:

the fact that you call yourself a protranny scares me.

I just stole the joke from the thread about Protransers in the Gameplay & Guides forum, because it's much punnier when applied to me. And it tempts me to take my avatar Protranser, just for lulz.

On 2007-04-02 04:10, Alisha wrote:
id rather have a beast fuck toy. a tall one. she can dominate me.

does this count as RP?

/me punts a loli

o.o

yes its way too early for talk like this

See, I was more of the impression you were dom. Or maybe that was just wishful thinking; I do that sometimes.

-Ryuki-
Apr 2, 2007, 04:22 PM
I've been trying to get back into Roleplaying, honestly. Uni 17 died, and most of the
RPers I knew quit. Lately, I've been blurting out RP quotes, and Ryuki's been acting
more like the character I made him to be (in missions, I mean). As far as that goes,
I don't care who knows I RP, and I don't care what people think about my macros.
But, if someone blacklists me because of me being an RPer, that's stupid.
It's happened before, believe it or not.

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-04-02 14:22, RyukiZero wrote:
I've been trying to get back into Roleplaying, honestly. Uni 17 died, and most of the
RPers I knew quit. Lately, I've been blurting out RP quotes, and Ryuki's been acting
more like the character I made him to be (in missions, I mean). As far as that goes,
I don't care who knows I RP, and I don't care what people think about my macros.
But, if someone blacklists me because of me being an RPer, that's stupid.
It's happened before, believe it or not.

Huh. I didn't think people would actually b-list someone for being a roleplayer, especially considering I bump into few people who know how to operate their b-list for legitimate reasons. But good call on playing him like you always intended for him to be played.

-Ryuki-
Apr 2, 2007, 04:26 PM
Well, it's PSU. You can't really expect things to be "normal".
I mean, there's a Captain Planet running around. There are
even wild Pokemon on the loose.
ANYWAY XD; Perhaps the next time we run into each other,
we can party. I need to work on my macros though.

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-04-02 14:26, RyukiZero wrote:
Well, it's PSU. You can't really expect things to be "normal".
I mean, there's a Captain Planet running around. There are
even wild Pokemon on the loose.
ANYWAY XD; Perhaps the next time we run into each other,
we can party. I need to work on my macros though.

Maybe, but my highest-level character is in the low 20s (maybe I can party with Rinslet or something). And I need to work on my macros, too. Currently, the highest use I have for them is to bellow at people to stop running away from me if they want their buffs.

-Ryuki-
Apr 2, 2007, 06:46 PM
Rins and the Caseal crew?
There's two slots open for it,
but one of them is actually
taken. Einhart has that spot.

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 07:07 PM
Wait, what?

Tra
Apr 2, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-04-02 03:45, Itsuki-chan wrote:

Roleplaying != Cybering

okay... what's your impression on newman-roleplay then? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They used to be made to be cat-like fighters, but now they are the worst fighters. Most newman players are perverted, why do you think so many newmans are created to be lolis with big breasts? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif There's only one way to roleplay this race in my eyes.

-Ryuki-
Apr 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
Cherry, your idea of roleplaying is cybering >.>

Tra
Apr 2, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-04-02 17:35, RyukiZero wrote:
Cherry, your idea of roleplaying is cybering >.>

oh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<-- clueless

Guarionex
Apr 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
That sounds fun. Once in a while, I run into a few people that RP their characters (mainly CASTs) and I tend to play along.
I like to do it, but I rarely do it.

Sychosis
Apr 3, 2007, 12:46 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=24856

They aren't (I assume) PSOWers, but I don't think they are serial rapists or anything...

Freshellent
Apr 3, 2007, 01:32 PM
People gotta act like RPing is taboo. I'm usually pretty reserved about it. I wouldn't mind. I have for years.
Each of my characters I play have a story written about them,I've just tranfered their likeness to this game and kept it mostly to myself. Most likely because it seemed that alot of PSUer's are about grinding and not much else.( that was a general statement based on a quick observation)
Then again PSU is a damn near perfect medium to RP on.
Course' I think Rping would happen more often if we had a larger player base.

If something is set up I'd be more than happy to pop in and out between idling and grinding.

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not what you'd call a 'hardcore' rp'er... but I *do* like to come up with sayings and stuff for my characters.

My RAmarl and my HUnewearl each had several specific emoticons & sayings that I had short-cutted for PSO.

I hope to eventually come up with a bit of 'personality' for Caprica 6. She's obviously based on the blond Cylon in the new Battlestar Galactica, so it should be pretty easy. Just need to do it in a way that 'works' with PSU.

I have ZERO interest in rp'ing sexual stuff. That just creeps me out and seems un-game-like to me, and un-cool. I prefer to meet girls IRL and keep my rp'ing based on in-game stuff and lighter topics.

Akaimizu
Apr 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'd think so, too, but then again a larger player base also often means more people are hostile towards people trying to RP. FFXI and GuildWars make prime examples. (Mainly because unlike stuff like WoW, they don't really create specific RP servers with TOS information about how they encourage RP on those servers and warn about people trying to distupt it)

To me, where-ever you go, you kind of have to find the people who are cool with it, and/or want to participate. Sometimes a good performance, on your part, inspires others to make the game just as fun.

Starrz
Apr 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
I'm always up for cyber...I mean RP.

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 02:23 PM
lol Starrz

ArdenPurple
Apr 3, 2007, 02:27 PM
I've met some people who play consistently IC (in character) even with ordinary players, it's pretty fun to meet folks like that and play along with them. I tend to very, very casually RP...I don't really play my characters after their namesakes per se (most of mine are based on various characters I like), but I play them true to how I see their PSU/PSO persona and try not to drag any RL stuff or exceedingly non-PSU character elements into my gaming. I can get a bit annoyed with people who ask too much about RL stuff or talk too much about it. Just play the game, behave like how the character you've created ought to, and try to stick to in-game terminology and references, and that alone makes things more worth playing. I don't mind chatting about RL hobbies and what parts of the world people are from, but too much beyond that and it becomes TMI and it breaks the feeling of being in the game world.

Just IMHO, of course. Everyone has their unique way of looking at the game, and that diversity just makes it more fun. I often like to imagine other characters that talk of their RL experiences so that the characters are the real people and the RL experiences are some dream or fantasy game the characters are playing, lol. Kind of like the dream of the butterfly--did you dream the butterfly, or did it dream you? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

That said, I take other peoples' feelings and such very seriously, of course. It's one thing to play a game, it's another to not respect people for who they are.

Emrald
Apr 3, 2007, 02:30 PM
Okay heres what I think we should do. We should decide on a date and time and a place to meet and have a huge RP!

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 02:32 PM
Great post, ArdenPurple. Well said.

Spacepest
Apr 3, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-04-03 11:37, Akaimizu wrote:
I'd think so, too, but then again a larger player base also often means more people are hostile towards people trying to RP. FFXI and GuildWars make prime examples. (Mainly because unlike stuff like WoW, they don't really create specific RP servers with TOS information about how they encourage RP on those servers and warn about people trying to distupt it)

To me, where-ever you go, you kind of have to find the people who are cool with it, and/or want to participate. Sometimes a good performance, on your part, inspires others to make the game just as fun.

Agreed.

I also play World of Warcraft, my characters are on one of the roleplaying servers. Players and GMs there are serious about roleplaying, with repeat offenders against roleplaying being eventually banned too. And by "roleplaying" I don't mean cybering...sexually harrassing other players on a WoW RP server and having sexually explict cyber type conversations in the public chat areas WILL get you banned and removed from the server. (Not that it doesn't keep people from trying. Every holiday where school is out the RP servers' new character starting areas are deluged by kiddies trying to roleplay their cyber. The RP server veterans know not to go in those areas during those times until a GM has come by to properly adminster the banstick and clean them out).

The WoW roleplaying server I play on is one of the more population heavy ones, so there are always people to roleplay with. All it takes is a bunch of people on a specific server knowing and agreeing that it is an environment for roleplaying to take place.

When I'm on PSU, I think of playing Nougami as a sort of roleplaying experiment. (Because let's face the facts, i'm not a 7 foot 120 pound man who keeps a pet midget in his room to abuse).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-04-03 13:40 ]</font>

Spacepest
Apr 3, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:10, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
When ST makes drinking and drunken emotes, I'll roleplay more. Really. Or if there's some missions that have more to do with the governments of Gurhal (like taking place in a governent building or something), I'll roleplay my way into a crusade to get that damned system-wide Prohibition repealed. Maybe then Gawik'll finally get some booze.

LOL. You have no idea how badly I wish for these type of emotes:

Drunken stagger
Passed out on the floor drunk
Passed out on the floor asleep

A new version of the sexy emote, called "Beer Googles"

And what the hell, "Clumsy Uncoordinated Drunken Dance".

I swear I'd leave Nougami passed out on the floor of Gawik's pub drunk every time I went to idle if I could.

Akaimizu
Apr 3, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-04-03 13:33, Spacepest wrote:
I also play World of Warcraft, my characters are on one of the roleplaying servers. P

Very cool. I've played on Earthen-Ring roleplaying server. I've been on a bit of a sabbatical from WoW, though. My account is currently inactive, but my character should still good until sometime next January, if I decide to start my service back up again. I might do that, soon enough, though. At the moment, PSO is the only pay-service game I'm on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-03 13:43 ]</font>

Sychosis
Apr 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-04-03 13:33, Spacepest wrote:
(Because let's face the facts, i'm not a 7 foot 120 pound man who keeps a pet midget in his room to abuse).

Or are you ...?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ArchAngelMai
Apr 5, 2007, 02:27 PM

Let it be so...

ArchAngelMai
Apr 5, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-04-03 13:39, Spacepest wrote:

On 2007-04-02 13:10, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

LOL. You have no idea how badly I wish for these type of emotes:

Drunken stagger
Passed out on the floor drunk
Passed out on the floor asleep

A new version of the sexy emote, called "Beer Googles"

And what the hell, "Clumsy Uncoordinated Drunken Dance".

I swear I'd leave Nougami passed out on the floor of Gawik's pub drunk every time I went to idle if I could.

Soo, how would the beer goggles work. Would they be for men only, lol!

Emrald
Apr 5, 2007, 07:30 PM
so we need to rp NAO

Mewnie
Apr 5, 2007, 08:40 PM
WoW RP servers don't hold a candle to CoH's Virtue server http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Emrald
Apr 6, 2007, 08:21 AM
but what about PSU's server. We wana rp on this game right?

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 6, 2007, 08:43 AM
Emrald, Im online now...whats up? didnt you want to RP with me?

Emrald
Apr 6, 2007, 08:40 PM
Attention. I'm sitting on universe 17 in the guardians colony first floor. Look for me, I want to rp NOW.

Kura-X
Apr 9, 2007, 08:49 PM
attention any or all RPer's interested at the moment, universe 17 Moatoob pub to meet up with fellow rper's. come on, ya cant RP by yourself ya know.

Emrald
Apr 9, 2007, 08:50 PM
Exactly. Come now!

VanHalen
Apr 9, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not an RPer but I would like to get into it.

Emrald
Apr 9, 2007, 09:18 PM
If you wana try, we're still in moatoob pub universe 17

Arika
Apr 9, 2007, 09:39 PM
oh this is when ? I guess I should ve join, but seem it to late

Arika
Apr 9, 2007, 10:20 PM
I went there no1 still there anymore, the meeting is only last for no more than 30 min ? or moved?

T_T , *run back home*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-04-09 20:38 ]</font>

Tra
Apr 9, 2007, 10:30 PM
Allison's not bad at RP'ing =)