PDA

View Full Version : Week Forecast for Luck ????

FUFME
Apr 1, 2007, 03:47 PM
Where can I find what Luck will be for the week?

PSUPedia is really slow at updating and they refer to JP source. Where is this source so I dont have to rely on PSUpedia

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 03:59 PM
The JP source PSUpeda uses:

http://p.netgamers.jp/pf/index.php?%C0%B1%CE%EE%B1%BF%C1%B4%CD%FA%CE%F2

FUFME
Apr 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
Bablefish wont decode that page for me.

How many days seperate do we calculate between the JP servers? Is the the Luck the same for us each day as them?

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 05:22 PM
We use the same exact luck as they do, except for one day late last year in which we didn't share their luck.

Because we are only around 17 hours behind Japan, that's the earliest we can determine what our future luck will be, and since everything has to be verified they can only update so fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-01 15:44 ]</font>

FUFME
Apr 1, 2007, 05:35 PM
ah ok, I kinda thought since we were behind on updates and maybe the game was released first in Japan they Luck would be off a month or something..etc

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 1, 2007, 05:39 PM
What is the luck for? and why do casts always get bad luck?

Sychosis
Apr 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
It only has 2 confirmed uses that I know of. It increases the frequency of drops, that is to say it won't increase a particular item's drop rate, but rather the total number of meseta/rare/etc. drops is increased.

It also has a drastic affect on grinding success, I never grind outside of a 3* luck day.

Additionally, only the party leader's luck has any affect on drop rates. As for why male CASTs are boned, SEGA has already said they plan to give all race/sex combinations a roughly equal share of luck each year.

-Shimarisu-
Apr 1, 2007, 07:03 PM
According to my now extensive research (I've started grinding crap % weaps to test on) it's fine to grind on 2* luck days with a "very high" chance, but you'll only get to +4 reliably. 9/10 grinds will succeed. There seems to be no difference between 2 and 3* luck to grind 4, but from 4>5 a +8 grinder will not achieve a "very high" chance on 2* luck, only 3*.

My advice would be to get weapons to +4 on 2* luck, you may as well. After that only use 3*.

amtalx
Apr 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know if the luck is randomly generated, or if some guy at ST is just sitting at a desk trying to figure out how many days he can string together without giving me 3* luck?

ChocoboChad
Apr 1, 2007, 11:39 PM
It's probably some guy at ST (Juan) sitting at a desk trying to figure out how many days he can string together without giving you 3* luck, and claiming it is generated randomly.

Cz
Apr 2, 2007, 12:28 AM
this is wat luck is to me in this game.....3 lucks = tonssssss of kerselines drops (believe it or not)....2 lucks = lotssssss of kerselines drops....1 lucks = some kerselines....and no lucks = more rares that isnt kerselines. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif well that is how i see luck as...lol.

FUFME
Apr 2, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-04-01 22:28, BunnyGirl wrote:
this is wat luck is to me in this game.....3 lucks = tonssssss of kerselines drops (believe it or not)....2 lucks = lotssssss of kerselines drops....1 lucks = some kerselines....and no lucks = more rares that isnt kerselines. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif well that is how i see luck as...lol.

Or if your running Mad Beast - Tons and Tons of Par Ebon

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 01:30 PM
I often hate when RL playing screws with the in-game statistic. I often got better rares and more good drops on days where I'm on the down-side of luck. Last couple of 2* days and I got barely anything from them. But a good amount on 0 and 1. *shakes fist at karma*

Vergil_Sparda
Apr 2, 2007, 02:28 PM
The real question should be when will male beast get another 3luck day. I believe since PSU started we only had one or two 3luck days and thats it! Man we dont get %@&!! Damn you Sega!!!!!!!!

Neoptolemus
Apr 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
By Race and Gender:
Male Beasts have had 7 3* Luck Days
Female Beasts have had 11 3* Luck Days
Male Casts have had 9 3* Luck Days
Female Casts have had 13 3* Luck Days
Male Newmans have had 12 3* Luck Days
Female Newmans have had 13 3* Luck Days
Male Humans have had 9 3* Luck Days
Female Humans have had 10 3* Luck Days

By Race:
Humans have had 19 3* Luck Days
Newmans have had 25 3* Luck Days
Casts have had 22 3* Luck Days
Beasts have had 18 3* Luck Dyas

By Gender:
Males have had 37 3* Luck Days
Females have had 47 3* Luck Days

All in all, these numbers are fairly close. I'm sure over time we will see these even out more closely.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 03:05 PM
Go male beasts!!

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 03:12 PM
Yep. Go Male Beasts!! (And no, this has nothing to do with OmegaPirate's Tynselle Demotivator, at all).