PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP Ambition of Illuminous Trial NDA details.

Lyrise
Apr 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
Since I highly doubt anyone's going to search through multiple threads looking for information regarding this subject, I'm going to flat out state it here in this new topic.

There IS an NDA for the upcoming beta starting on 4/5.

Clause # 4 here. (http://illuminus-trial.phantasystaruniverse.jp/trial/rule.html)

No matter how I say it, this is going to sound bad, so: For anyone wanting new details from the beta trial itself, don't bother asking.

This is what happens when you have publications paying for exclusive rights to publish this information. (Famitsu and Dengeki)

Angelo
Apr 2, 2007, 12:47 PM
Alright so who knows of any small, private PSU forums?

xeron123
Apr 2, 2007, 12:52 PM
I wish people would just be patient about this. The game just came out, and everyone is freaking about an expansion that we won't see till later this year. I'm just going to not read about it so everything is a surprise. That's how it should be.

Angelo
Apr 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
Patience is not one of my stellar qualities.

INFO NOW PLZ!!!

(A true beast at-heart here, people)

Golto
Apr 2, 2007, 01:10 PM
How would they be able to track down someone posting here to their beta account? Do they even care about an English messageboard?

Itsuki
Apr 2, 2007, 01:18 PM
Man, how did I skim over that, oh well. ~_~

Weakness
Apr 2, 2007, 01:21 PM
;;>.> I assume still no info regarding an American Beta or even a confirmed release of the expansion over seas huh?

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:10, Golto wrote:
How would they be able to track down someone posting here to their beta account? Do they even care about an English messageboard?

I think the problem posting here is more a legality issue with GameSpy.

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 01:28 PM
oi, ill just wait untill xbox.com says "Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of Illuminous" in the upcoming games section

RadiantLegend
Apr 2, 2007, 01:41 PM
>_< what does it say...i can't read it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragolismine on 2007-04-02 11:41 ]</font>

Ryna
Apr 2, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:10, Golto wrote:

We'll carefully review the Terms of Service Agreement and probably make a few inquiries to see what can/can't be posted.

For the present time, I would just suggest that beta testers make their own judgements about what they would like to share.

Ryna
Apr 2, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:41, Ragolismine wrote:
>_< what does it say...i can't read it.

Globalgate gives this translation:

4. Information relevant to Beta Test

1. The intellectual property rights of the copyright and others about the information offered through beta test constitute the confidential information of our company as secret information before general market public presentation while belonging to the third person who has our company or just authority.
2. A participant shall manage as secrecy all the information acquired by participating in beta test, shall remove the case where a duty of an indication is imposed by the case where the information concerned becomes well-known, or the statute, shall not indicate and reveal without prior consent of our company at any third persons, and shall not use it for any purposes other than beta test participation. However, it is not this limitation when our company accepts separately.
3. the chat service and the bulletin board (BBS) with which our company offers a participant in beta test within the limits of the purpose of beta test participation irrespective of the law of the preceding clause -- as long as -- the information offered through beta test shall be released

There are also some other clauses about not distributing the software.

EspioKaos
Apr 2, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-04-02 10:16, Lyrise wrote:
This is what happens when you have publications paying for exclusive rights to publish this information. (Famitsu and Dengeki)

Makes sense, especially since Famitsu is supposed to have some big Ambition of Illuminus article in an issue at the end of this month, around the time when the trial ends.

Parn
Apr 2, 2007, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't sweat it too much. Stuff is going to end up leaking like it did on the first PC beta. I should know, I was one of the NDA breakers that published several movies. =P

Gemel
Apr 2, 2007, 10:20 PM
Ah so any beta players wont be sharing anything that they find?
Really dont know what NDA is or stands for.

EspioKaos
Apr 2, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:20, Gemel wrote:
Ah so any beta players wont be sharing anything that they find?
Really dont know what NDA is or stands for.

An NDA is a non-disclosure agreement. Basically, it's a set of regulations used to keep information on something private.

Finalzone
Apr 3, 2007, 12:57 AM
It will be a matter of time that PSU: Ambition of Illuminous will be released for Playstation 3.

Schubalts
Apr 3, 2007, 09:54 AM
Off-topic but, Globalgate? A translator that DOESN'T use Engrish? I think I'm in love.

BahnKnakyu
Apr 3, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-04-02 19:57, Parn wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it too much. Stuff is going to end up leaking like it did on the first PC beta. I should know, I was one of the NDA breakers that published several movies. =P

In other words, we can rely on you right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Reginaldo
Apr 3, 2007, 01:20 PM
Info always gets leaked during beta's, who really takes those clauses seriously?

pineapple
Apr 3, 2007, 03:28 PM
Just launder your information leaks.