PDA

View Full Version : So, how much content do we have left?

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2007, 01:31 PM
We're getting the last (or close to) set of clothing this update. We only have two more level caps until we reach max, though we still have three more weapon rarity upgrades. It's difficult to know how many stages are left unlocked, though it can't be many. What else is left before we can safely say this game doesn't have enough content?

Weakness
Apr 2, 2007, 01:34 PM
Well, there are still a good 5 or so missions from offline that aren't online yet... namely Absolute Zero, which is like the greatest mission ever.

I would venture to say, we have at least ~70% of the content on the disc. Seems they just need to get the weapon drops in, finish up clothes, and we are done.

We should hopefully have everything by the end of the year, so they can spring the expansion on us just after, or a couple of months after they finish updating PSU.

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 01:35 PM
We have started to see missions and mission arrangements that are not offline at all. So I would count those out, either. Yeah, they use the same objects to build them, but they are still new-levels none-the-less.

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 01:36 PM
yes, all i want is Absolute Zero, and im satisfyed.

but, we should have everything by the end of the summer (if not sooner)

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 01:37 PM
I'll agree that I can't wait for Absolute Zero, myself.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 01:37 PM
And don't forget all those PM models we have yet to see.

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:37, omegapirate2k wrote:
And don't forget all those PM models we have yet to see.

i kno!!

how the hell would we make a 460?!

Cerberus1981
Apr 2, 2007, 01:41 PM
If Sega had any sense they would drip feed the content until the expansion comes out.

Has the final level cap been confirmed at 100? that would be a shame, I was hoping to make my character so powerfull that I could walk through S2 runs solo and untouched with the monsters committing suicide just to avoid fighting me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-04-02 11:46 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Apr 2, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:31, Zorafim wrote:
What else is left before we can safely say this game doesn't have enough content?

Funniest thing I've read all day!

chibiLegolas
Apr 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
But there's so many lazer/cargo barriers in various lobbies throughout the worlds. Shouldn't there be a lot MORE missons coming our way? Not just a handful?

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 02:13 PM
You can put as many boxes that you want in a videogame. It's not a good indicator for future content. It is, however, a guarranteed indicator that Solid Snake has more places to hide.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But seriously. They could come up with unique level arrangements for a long time to come. The last few updates did give us some new surprises (even if we saw all the offline levels).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-02 12:15 ]</font>

Itsuki
Apr 2, 2007, 02:31 PM
I somehow have a feeling that they might save absolute zero for another special event like ultimate attack. I mean, it is a seed infected mission.

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-04-02 12:31, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I somehow have a feeling that they might save absolute zero for another special event like ultimate attack. I mean, it is a seed infected mission.

I'd assume so, but how about the actual ice mission areas?

Weakness
Apr 2, 2007, 02:43 PM

; ; But they already have the ice lobby for it and everything. That is like the coolest mission ever, very reminiscent of the good old "Heat Sword" days.

It may be a Seed mission, but there is no Seed purification involved. Just hordes and hordes of strong monsters coming at you full force.

;;>.> Can't you just imagine what Absolute Zero would be like on S2?

JAFO22000
Apr 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
I would like to see that Frozen COG temple level that was in the Story Mode. I found that to be a fun mission.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 2, 2007, 03:22 PM
Trenchcoats, Vigor Coats(that open coat), bikini swimwear, and that Ice mission. Oh yeah, and twenty more levels, at least before the expansion hits.

Soukosa
Apr 2, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:34, Weakness wrote:
Well, there are still a good 5 or so missions from offline that aren't online yet... namely Absolute Zero, which is like the greatest mission ever.

Where's the burning raffon meadows? The frozen mizuraki? The frozen temple? The burning shikkon islands? Yeah... we don't get every thing that exists offline online, especially any SEED infection missions. You also need to take into account how much stuff exists online that doesn't in terms of areas. The two are completely different and thus because something exists in one of them doesn't mean it'll exist in the other.

Dark_Goru
Apr 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
I just want A grinders already. Been waiting ages for them oh the new clothes will be nice forget paying for room decor.

Lamak
Apr 2, 2007, 05:50 PM
Everyone knows they are stalling until AoI comes out.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 2, 2007, 05:52 PM
Well, I think we'll have access to level 100 before releasing AoI.

Lamak
Apr 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
Duh , I'm saying they are gonna take as many "breaks" as possible to spread the content out.

amtalx
Apr 2, 2007, 07:27 PM
I feel like there are less weapons/items than PSO, but in terms of areas and monster variety there is more.

Golto
Apr 2, 2007, 08:05 PM
We might see some 11* stuff but no 12* weapons/armor. We'd need to see S3 or higher ranked missions though for 12* weapons/armor. I think the whole hacking of unreleased items gave people the false sense that we will be getting everything the hackers discovered before the expansion. More likely the 11-12* stuff in on the disc for some backwards compatibilty.

ssl118
Apr 2, 2007, 08:36 PM
I just want some more Bruce-type mission. That's the closest thing to Challenge mode and it would be nice to be able to get some cool weapon rewards.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 2, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:52, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, I think we'll have access to level 100 before releasing AoI.

Maybe, but maybe not. The JP server is about to start the AoI beta, and they're still capped at 80.

Thrash777
Apr 2, 2007, 11:52 PM
Think of the story missions! Will some please think about the story missions!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GazL_Neon
Apr 3, 2007, 01:35 AM
How about an online mission with 99 blocks? That'll keep us busy for a while...! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Failing that...a mission with one block and a hojillion enemies, each wave getting stronger and stronger!

...Or something with Ill Gills to harrass PJ.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2007, 01:57 AM
I say they just add three blocks, each block having a different background, and takes 2 hours to get through all of them. There'd be enough PP regen areas to allow constant movement throughout the mission to minimize downtime. To end it, a boss that takes half an hour to kill and gives exp worthy of such time.

Hm, maybe I should just go back to pso...

Yuudai_Riisu
Apr 3, 2007, 02:03 AM
On 2007-04-02 11:41, Cerberus1981 wrote:

If Sega had any sense they would drip feed the content until the expansion comes out.

Has the final level cap been confirmed at 100? that would be a shame, I was hoping to make my character so powerfull that I could walk through S2 runs solo and untouched with the monsters committing suicide just to avoid fighting me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-04-02 11:46 ]</font>

Im at Lv 73 and I can Massacre the monsters in S2 with 600 to the tops like 940

NinjaSalad
Apr 3, 2007, 02:11 AM
I say they just add three blocks, each block having a different background, and takes 2 hours to get through all of them. There'd be enough PP regen areas to allow constant movement throughout the mission to minimize downtime. To end it, a boss that takes half an hour to kill and gives exp worthy of such time.

PSO areas took two hours?

jesus christ, your party must've sucked.

Weakness
Apr 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-04-02 23:35, GazL_Neon wrote:
How about an online mission with 99 blocks? That'll keep us busy for a while...! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Failing that...a mission with one block and a hojillion enemies, each wave getting stronger and stronger!

...Or something with Ill Gills to harrass PJ.

Absolute Zero is a mission with a bazillion strong enemies coming at you...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif You should play offline more.

Reginaldo
Apr 3, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-04-03 00:11, NinjaSalad wrote:

PSO areas took two hours?

jesus christ, your party must've sucked.

I'm sure you conquered the Ultimate Caves in 20 minutes as soon as you reached level 80 right?

SolomonGrundy
Apr 3, 2007, 01:45 PM
it really the ITEMS I am dying for.

Where is the casterline armor?
Where is the incapacitate resist?
Where are the A rank grinder boards?

will we *ever* get add slots?

Rashiid
Apr 3, 2007, 01:53 PM
Absolute Zero: once this comes online, thats all ull find me at. dead serious. i could care less about drops. im there.

offline, i actually almost died there.....i had like no photon left on all 20 weapons i had....

bastards just kept commin......

Para
Apr 3, 2007, 01:56 PM

Absolute Zero is the frozen moatoob mission right? Because I dont recall purifying ice SEED in moatoob.

Weakness
Apr 3, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-04-03 11:45, SolomonGrundy wrote:

...Casterline isn't that great
I don't think there is a unit that prevents instant death.
We should see them soon, JP got them only a short while ago.

...Add slots? No you will never see them based on the sole fact that certain armors have certain slots. There is no mixing and matching slots to armor.

Mewn
Apr 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
There is. However, it's unreleased even on JP right now, as it's probably very high-end.

Soukosa
Apr 3, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-04-02 18:05, Golto wrote:
We might see some 11* stuff but no 12* weapons/armor. We'd need to see S3 or higher ranked missions though for 12* weapons/armor. I think the whole hacking of unreleased items gave people the false sense that we will be getting everything the hackers discovered before the expansion. More likely the 11-12* stuff in on the disc for some backwards compatibilty.

Where do you keep getting this S3 rank stuff at? There's no signs that such a thing will ever exist on top of the fact that there is no cap for how high the level of the enemies can go. After all, Mad Beasts S has lv 90 enemies which was far higher than anything else at the time it was released. You're also forgetting about bosses. Remember there's lv 70 boss that drops a 10* weapon board. There's also global rare drops which can go up rather high for the enemy levels, like the Crea Doubles dropping from lv 55 enemies.

On 2007-04-02 20:52, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Maybe, but maybe not. The JP server is about to start the AoI beta, and they're still capped at 80.

Think you're under estimating how long it'll take for them to finish the game up. The current version of PSU went into beta around this time last year and look at how long it took before the final version was released.

Jaysky
Apr 3, 2007, 04:13 PM
You know, probably by the time we get all the updates for this the expansion will come out. Think about it, this may be what Sega is planning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaysky on 2007-04-03 14:16 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 3, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-04-03 14:10, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-04-02 18:05, Golto wrote:

Where do you keep getting this S3 rank stuff at? There's no signs that such a thing will ever exist on top of the fact that there is no cap for how high the level of the enemies can go. After all, Mad Beasts S has lv 90 enemies which was far higher than anything else at the time it was released. You're also forgetting about bosses. Remember there's lv 70 boss that drops a 10* weapon board. There's also global rare drops which can go up rather high for the enemy levels, like the Crea Doubles dropping from lv 55 enemies.If you think about it, at least 2-3 difficulties above S2 makes good logical sense. Even with S2, only very few missions have enemies at level 100 or over, which is the level at which most 10* boards just start to drop. It follows logically that 11-12* things will drop at levels much above 100, so there simply must be higher difficulties to allow for these drops.

On 2007-04-02 20:52, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

Think you're under estimating how long it'll take for them to finish the game up. The current version of PSU went into beta around this time last year and look at how long it took before the final version was released.

Think you're missing the part where I said "Maybe, but maybe not."

Golto
Apr 3, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-04-03 11:56, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-04-03 11:45, SolomonGrundy wrote:

...Casterline isn't that great
We should see them soon, JP got them only a short while ago.

...Add slots? No you will never see them based on the sole fact that certain armors have certain slots. There is no mixing and matching slots to armor.

Wow you consider the Japanese pc/ps2 has had grinder A boards for almost 4 months now a short while ago? We should have gotten them just about two months ago.

zxeros
Apr 3, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-04-03 14:13, Jaysky wrote:
You know, probably by the time we get all the updates for this the expansion will come out. Think about it, this may be what Sega is planning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaysky on 2007-04-03 14:16 ]</font>

yea that probably wat goin to happen. Afetr the last update it will be a month or 2 before the expansion comes out.

_Deliverance_
Apr 3, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-04-02 11:31, Zorafim wrote:
We're getting the last (or close to) set of clothing this update. We only have two more level caps until we reach max, though we still have three more weapon rarity upgrades. It's difficult to know how many stages are left unlocked, though it can't be many. What else is left before we can safely say this game doesn't have enough content?

idgaf. It's too late. This game is officially a bust imo. Lack of content, and a lack of players has killed this game for me, and many others. I feel sorry for you who are hoping for more. I don't think that you'll get much more out of Sega.

SolomonGrundy
Apr 3, 2007, 07:10 PM
idgaf. It's too late. This game is officially a bust imo. Lack of content, and a lack of players has killed this game for me, and many others. I feel sorry for you who are hoping for more. I don't think that you'll get much more out of Sega.

there's that great can-do attitude that we all know and love!

AweOfShe
Apr 3, 2007, 07:10 PM
There's plenty of content. People just don't go outside of Parum enough to play it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

_Deliverance_
Apr 3, 2007, 07:14 PM
On 2007-04-03 17:10, SolomonGrundy wrote:

there's that great can-do attitude that we all know and love!

Somebody should school Sega on the art of "can-do". lol

A2K
Apr 3, 2007, 07:26 PM
At this point in time it's really difficult to gauge precisely how much is left, not counting the fire/ice contamination variants, anyway, as much of the content used in Story Mode is present now online--with a few exceptions on both sides of the network sign-in screen.

Story Mission 2-8 seems to indicate there being an inactive (think Raffon Relics) relics site on Moatoob with a unique SEED monster. Whether or not this becomes a free mission or not has yet to be seen, but considering nighttime Mizuraki C.D. and the Zoal Goug boss eventually did, it's a distinct possibility.

I seem to recall someone from JP PSU posting a rough month-by-month overview of what was being added in the next couple of months. I believe an ice contamination event is in the works in the next couple of months?

Helly
Apr 3, 2007, 07:53 PM
Why does everyone say that the expansion will be the end of PSU? Older versions of PSO still got some support and new stuff for awhile after the upgrades came out.

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-04-03 17:10, AweOfShe wrote:
There's plenty of content. People just don't go outside of Parum enough to play it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's a shame that there's no reason to go outside of Parum other than to see content. MP, exp, meseta, Parum has it all.
The only thing it doesn't have is style.

DurakkenX
Apr 3, 2007, 10:21 PM
let's just figure that they have lied about just about all the content over the last few years that was supposed to be and how it was to be released. And given Sega's track record with planning and such...AoI will come out in about 6 months, which is far too long of a time for it to be for an expansion of this type...

If they remain truthful to what they said about why they pushed back the initial release of the game expect the game content to be fully out at around the same time it was released last year, but considering that so far they haven't followed what was laid out by their marketing people before the game came out and that they have a history of trying to get every last drop of money they can from something without delivering...i wouldn't bet on any kind of reasonable logic based on what they have said.

AweOfShe
Apr 3, 2007, 10:38 PM
Addendum:

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu&lid=gp_psu&lpos=nav_pldwnlst

"Features a game world that will evolve with new content over the course of several years."

I'm pretty sure a lot of people missed that, if they ever came across that at all. And I'm pretty sure the people that DID come across it didn't realize that AoI would be even part of those several years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-03 20:57 ]</font>

Schubalts
Apr 4, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-04-03 20:38, AweOfShe wrote:
Addendum:

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=psu&lid=gp_psu&lpos=nav_pldwnlst

"Features a game world that will evolve with new content over the course of several years."

I'm pretty sure a lot of people missed that, if they ever came across that at all. And I'm pretty sure the people that DID come across it didn't realize that AoI would be even part of those several years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-04-03 20:57 ]</font>

Off-topic, but: I think your sig is trying to turn me into a pedophile!

On-topic:Wait and see, folks. Just wait and see.

Akaimizu
Apr 4, 2007, 11:32 AM
It makes sense, though. I don't think there's any game that's evolved over even 3 years without some expansion pack thing to come out. While the Dreamcast version wasn't planned for too long, it didn't take long before a version 2 came out. We bought that, and continued on our way. Then it switched platforms for various other PSO releases. Expansions are just a way of life, with these games.

The only one, I know, with such long times between expansions is WoW, actually. They've had only 1, so far.

Soukosa
Apr 4, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-04-03 17:26, A2K wrote:
Story Mission 2-8 seems to indicate there being an inactive (think Raffon Relics) relics site on Moatoob with a unique SEED monster.

Pity that its actually just like Ethan and what's her name in 2-1 in that it's invincible so they probably don't have any planned stats or drops for it.

On 2007-04-03 17:26, A2K wrote:
I seem to recall someone from JP PSU posting a rough month-by-month overview of what was being added in the next couple of months. I believe an ice contamination event is in the works in the next couple of months?

The only thing I can recall is the game devs stating they wanted to release some SEED contamniation missions and that probably lead to the Net Cash event.