PDA

View Full Version : Short Characters - why do so many people make super-short ch

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
I recently returned to PSU and I noticed, more than ever, TONS of people have super-tiny midget characters.

My Newearl is like one-head-heigher than shortest. Just tall enough to not look like a child. I like to be as short as possible but still look like an adult. If you make your character super-short the head is so big compared to the rest of the body that it looks like a child. That's because when we grow up the one part of us that doesn't really grow in size is our heads.

So, looking around and seeing all these 'children' is sort of weird, in a way. It doesn't bother me at all, but I was wondering why.

Is it because people want to be as close in height as possible to their pm's?

Or is there some other reason?

Just wondering.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-04-02 13:20 ]</font>

MayLee
Apr 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
All I know is most of those midgest are either a nEWMANS OR castS..

Anime lovers and their chibitiezed peopl.e..>.>

youthisoverrated
Apr 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
my main character is short cus i made her like me lol. i'm pretty short.... that and i think it's cute. idk about other people though lol

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 02:54 PM
Pedophiles. There I said it.

youthisoverrated
Apr 2, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-04-02 12:52, MayLee wrote:

well you got a point there. i never noticed that til now. i wonder why.

JAFO22000
Apr 2, 2007, 02:55 PM
I can run under De Ragan's tail...makes for a quick escape!!

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-04-02 12:52, iamgir42 wrote:
my main character is short cus i made her like me lol. i'm pretty short.... that and i think it's cute. idk about other people though lol

That's cool. And like I said (and I meant it) I have NOTHING against short characters or the players that play them.

Just wondering why. So, for you, its a 'cute' thing. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone else?

I'm mainly interested because when I played PSO, especially in the early days, I mostly remember super-tall characters. Except for Japanese players. They sometimes ran around in little packs of über-chibi-tiny-kawaii packs. But they were rare enough that they stood out. Now there's so many super-short characters that my relatively-short character is practically a giant! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-04-02 12:54, Sychosis wrote:

3R
Apr 2, 2007, 02:58 PM
Everything is about MOE :3

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 02:59 PM
Shhh. Don't let anybody hear this out loud, but I think what they secretly want, is to relive those PSO memories, and play rangers. Yeah, that's the ticket. *whispering* They want to see the Biggest gun fired from the smallest person.

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 02:59 PM

Man, I hope that's not true for most of them, 'cause that would mean there's a lot of pedophiles in PSU and that is one thing that is NOT cool. >_<

Weakness
Apr 2, 2007, 03:00 PM
I made Valkyrie short because... well she's cuter that way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. She would just look off if she was any taller. Valkyrie is at that perfect height, not too short to look like a child or a midget, but not tall enough to be considered average height.

Now Virgo on the other hand I kind of made after myself, above average height, but not freakishly tall (I'm 6'2" o.O;). Only thing is I made him kind of skinny, they don't have broad shoulders in this game without 1) Making your character look fat, or 2) making it disproportional to the legs.

It is impossible to make a character that has a bigger all around build in this game... -.-; no matter what the legs stay skinny and it looks goofy.

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I made Caprica 6 just about average height (same height as Maya Shidow, as it turns out). The reason is obvious (well, its obvious if you're a fan of the new BSG): she's based on a non-short character: Number 6 (aka Caprica 6).

Ryoki
Apr 2, 2007, 03:05 PM
Everyday, I think the same thing. Madness.

Kirip-san
On 2007-04-02 12:58, 3R wrote:
Everything is about MOE :3

doubleEXP
ZOMG, I must be so dense.... What is MOE?

I know what ZOE is, but what is MOE? Animé title or character?

Dj_SkyEpic
Apr 2, 2007, 03:09 PM
Sometimes people like to make characters that reflect themselves. ;D

The word "Loli" is used a lot in this game indeed...

PJ
Apr 2, 2007, 03:10 PM
My character is a kid.

Kid =/= midget.

Tiyr
Apr 2, 2007, 03:12 PM
There's also a very practical reason--if your character is a house, you can't see a damn thing.

Tiyr's medium / shortish, and I'm find with her, but if I try to play my CST ranger DarkBlock, who's modeled more after a RaCast and is a veritable monster, I can't see anything he's firing at that's not gigantic, unless I'm in first person. Invisible Bel Pannons are not fun.

Weeaboolits
Apr 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
One advantage of short characters is when using the goggles to target trees you don't have to adjust your angle, just face the tree and turn them on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Also, smaller characters look like they're moving faster, even though they're not.

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
nothing is funnier then seeing a 2 ft Cast using a Laser Cannon or 7*-9* rifles, since theyre twice the size of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

comming from the same guy who's character never has pants on when i see her.....

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks for backing up my *secret* theory Rashiid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:10, PJ wrote:
My character is a kid.

Kid =/= midget.

I didn't mean midget (in the topic title) in an insulting way, just as a size-reference. No offense meant!

EDIT: I edited the topic title so it wouldn't seem so insulting. I hope you all can tell I'm not trying to be judgmental (sp?) or start a flame war or anything. I really am just wondering!

So far there's been some really good replies:

* cute
* character IS supposed to be a kid
* makes it easier to aim
* makes it appear you are running faster

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-04-02 13:26 ]</font>

Ryoki
Apr 2, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:19, doubleEXP wrote:

My character is a kid.

Kid =/= midget.

I didn't mean midget (in the topic title) in an insulting way, just as a size-reference. No offense meant!

No, you are right. They are all freaking midgets. I'm pretty sure the entry level for Guardians is probably 16-17 years old. They don't make kids into guardians, gawd.

RadiantLegend
Apr 2, 2007, 03:23 PM
My chars are average height. I kinda wish they were taller.

DikkyRay
Apr 2, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:05, doubleEXP wrote:

MOE is pretty mouch unbearable cuteness.
IMO better than "OmG So Kawaii!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif"

chibiLegolas
Apr 2, 2007, 03:28 PM
On 2007-04-02 12:59, Akaimizu wrote:
Shhh. Don't let anybody hear this out loud, but I think what they secretly want, is to relive those PSO memories, and play rangers. Yeah, that's the ticket. *whispering* They want to see the Biggest gun fired from the smallest person.

Exactly! Well, at least for me.
I loved my chibi caseal with her HUGE shotgun back in pso. Unfortunately, the rifles on my current PSU caseal doesn't look that disportionate than it did on PSO.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But yea, chibi caseals are the cutest, no?
Especially with my cute priestly hat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 03:29 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:22, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-04-02 13:19, doubleEXP wrote:

My character is a kid.

Kid =/= midget.

No, you are right. They are all freaking midgets. I'm pretty sure the entry level for Guardians is probably 16-17 years old. They don't make kids into guardians, gawd.

Play story mode ftw. The minimum age to become a Guardian is 14.

Anyway, I made Janie short for the novelty of a tiny, adorablebuckets little girl swinging a Bigass Sword around. It's kind of funny to watch, and by the time it started to look kind of ordinary to me, I'd gotten Emotionally Attached to the Character, as tends to happen. (Helps that she's maximum muscle, too, 'cause it makes her look right cool in clothes that show her arms and shoulders--the contrast between height and build is spiffy.)

Midicronica
Apr 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:24, DikkyRay wrote:

MOE is pretty mouch unbearable cuteness.
IMO better than "OmG So Kawaii!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif"

I want to puke everytime I see or hear people talk like that.

People make their characters like that because they want to. Personally, I hate it and find it stupid. =

ashley50
Apr 2, 2007, 03:31 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_%28slang%29 MOE~...
there was also a video on it on UK Television explaining what "MOE" is...go look for it =p
'japanorama"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-04-02 13:32 ]</font>

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 03:34 PM
As far as I'm concerned, people should make their characters however they damn well please.

Also, short beasts are not necessarily children or midgets, per se. The handful of you that actually played story mode to find out what the hell is even going on before you just jump in and flap your gums would know that small beasts are a normal variation of the race, ex: Tonnio Rhima, Liina Sukaya. I personally haven't decided Janie's age, but I know she's at least 14, so I've decided she falls into the "small beast" category.

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:31, ashley50 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_%28slang%29 MOE~...
there was also a video on it on UK Television explaining what "MOE" is...go look for it =p
'japanorama"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-04-02 13:32 ]</font>

Ah, so moé is sorta like 'chibi' but its based more on personality (youthful, flawed but working on the flaw) and not as much based just on looks. I think I get it. Thanks.

Witchblade56
Apr 2, 2007, 03:37 PM
Two of my characters are short, my human and my newman. My Beast is what i consider to be averaged size. Same with my cast. However when i play with them they seem like amazons after playing with my smaller ones @_@;

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 03:40 PM
I'm not one really to have issues with it, I tend to take action more than anything. Not as a way to say so many short characters is bad, but I tend to love to make characters that aid in *balancing* out the place. Part of it is definitely trying to be as original as I can, and the other part is to self-contribute to the great variety and melting-pot the society can be.

My dream, of course, is to see people of all kinds of forms, intermixed, in a great smorgasborg of variety. So what do I do, contribute to the more *rare* pool in hopes there's more people like me ready to make the place more dynamic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-02 13:42 ]</font>

doubleEXP
Apr 2, 2007, 03:40 PM
Allison_W, I hope you don't think I'm trying to tell anyone how to make or play their characters!

I srsly was just wondering and now am getting some cool replies.

The only way I judge other players is by how they act when I play/chat with them, and that's it. However, I will confess to not playing Story Mode ~ I'm into PSU for online mode only.

Cool to know that about "small beasts."

See, you're supposed to learn something new everyday. I just learned something!

Jinto117
Apr 2, 2007, 03:46 PM
I've noticed that a lot of the short chatacters are the item whores. They zip in and out so quickly you barley notice them. If you don't have the drops to set in order then you can kiss your rares and non-rares goodbye.

3R
Apr 2, 2007, 03:47 PM
Perfection of moe: (may contain spoilers from 'Welcome to the NHK')

Link 1 (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/graffeoca/NHK_v1_090.png)
Link 2 (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/graffeoca/NHK_v1_091.png)

XDDDDDDDDDDD

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
But what if you like Curly better? *runs*

Retehi
Apr 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:46, Jinto117 wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of the short chatacters are the item whores. They zip in and out so quickly you barley notice them. If you don't have the drops to set in order then you can kiss your rares and non-rares goodbye.

Well leprechauns do love going after their gold.

Aarokh
Apr 2, 2007, 03:58 PM
I made the tallest Beast possible and wear high heels just to spite those small midgets.
Can't stand playing small toons.

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 03:58 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:40, doubleEXP wrote:
Allison_W, I hope you don't think I'm trying to tell anyone how to make or play their characters!

I srsly was just wondering and now am getting some cool replies.

The only way I judge other players is by how they act when I play/chat with them, and that's it. However, I will confess to not playing Story Mode ~ I'm into PSU for online mode only.

Cool to know that about "small beasts."

See, you're supposed to learn something new everyday. I just learned something!

Wasn't talkin' about you, Hon'; I've asked the same question you have, despite playing a damn loliburger myself.

Incidentally, I have two more characters at this time. One is short, but not chibi-short; she's fun, because her guiding principle is "You never expect the short, chubby teenage girl to be the one to kick your ass." The other is rather tall--I tried to match her to myself, so six feet--but I probably made her a smidgen on the tall side. But I suppose that's not a big deal, as everyone in the game has their own perception of how tall a given height is, anyway. All I know is that she came out quite tall but somewhere around a head shorter than the tallest proportion available, and a little thick around the hips, as intended.

EDIT: Once my brother grows bored of the game (no idea when that'll be, but hopefully sometime soon), I'm making a CASTazon with the character slot that'll be freed up. Tallness + the caseal's very knight-in-shining-armour clothing options = winburger. (I'm envisioning the Digiel arms and torso with the Batrelle legs, in conjunction with max height and a good amount of musculature.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-04-02 14:01 ]</font>

Zorafim
Apr 2, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:47, 3R wrote:
Perfection of moe: (may contain spoilers from 'Welcome to the NHK')

Link 1 (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/graffeoca/NHK_v1_090.png)
Link 2 (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/graffeoca/NHK_v1_091.png)

XDDDDDDDDDDD

Ah, erm...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/HalfHourDump/lw.jpg

Spacepest
Apr 2, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:58, Aarokh wrote:
I made the tallest Beast possible and wear high heels just to spite those small midgets.
Can't stand playing small toons.

LOL, after seeing so many peewee characters on PSU, that was when I made Nougami. I made him as tall as the character creator would allow and I also gave him Kustarika shoes, which make your male characters a little bit taller too. At least I know which character is mine in a crowd. Now if those damn midgets and lolis would stop kicking me in the crotch and kneecaps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spacepest on 2007-04-02 14:05 ]</font>

youthisoverrated
Apr 2, 2007, 04:06 PM
my bro had me make his beast as tall as it would go lol. his movements seem odd to me though idk if it's just cus i've been playing with my short character for so long. or if my eyes are just starting to fail. other than that i think i have a well balanced charater base. my human and cast are short and my beast and newman are above average height.

RedX
Apr 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
Seth is short because he is kinda made to look like my old RaCast. He was short because both my friends were max hight, so to be different, i went min. hight.

Cerberus1981
Apr 2, 2007, 04:17 PM
I'm certain I've seen shorter characters avoid some attacks because they pass above them but that's about it.

I make all my characters as tall as possible, I'm tall myself and love being tall.

Who would want to be short either in PSU or real life?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-04-02 14:18 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Apr 2, 2007, 04:24 PM
I know I made Aria (my Protranser Beast) short, because I thought the sight of a little girl, wielding Long Swords, Axes, Grenade Launchers, and Laser Cannons, then transforming into a beastly being when she gets pissed off would be sorta cute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Freshellent
Apr 2, 2007, 04:27 PM
It could have something to do with the fact that people don't often get a chance to make loli characters in any other game in this fashion that is presented to us here. It has a lot to do with the anime "feel" this game has. It's easy to make a smaller char here.

However I can't seem to make my chars any less than average height. Ein's a towering monster,and Vic is straight out of a shojo comic. I will admit a loli character is rather amusing to see in combat. It's just something out of the norm.

Scion
Apr 2, 2007, 04:38 PM
I made Hikaru small because I like to go for the element of surprise. You wouldn't expect such a small thing to be capable of so much, would you? I kinda wanna think of him as a "child prodigy". It's just too damn bad that I'm not the only short FT walking around. ='[

FUFME
Apr 2, 2007, 04:42 PM
When I first started PSU I did a run with a short person and someones PM. I thought it was the funniest and cutest damn thing watching small people fight.

I was upset sorta and from that moment on and my next 3 characters are all small.

It's just funny and cool I guess for me

Dragwind
Apr 2, 2007, 04:43 PM
Id definately have to agree because of the loli factor. I rememer in pso some people made smaller characters strictly for BA mode to hide behind the walls XD

FUFME
Apr 2, 2007, 04:43 PM
Also the best part about being small is I can wall under any dragon tail w/o getting hurt

Kaloa
Apr 2, 2007, 05:13 PM
I generally view people with extremely short characters as people trying too hard to be cute. Doesn't mean that's always necessarily the case, of course, but it's usually the first thought that passes through my mind. Somebody once told me that the fatter and more grotesque a person is offline, the smaller and more adorable they'll try to make their in-game-self. I don't know how true that is though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 05:19 PM
Of course, this topic did come up before. I remember when I first introduced Mufonna, and I basically made a statement about this, back then. PSO was rife with short characters so much, that mid-sized and tall were a rarity on some servers. (Guess that's why my 2nd character was a mid-tall human)Mufonna was to be an enigma character. The tallest yet the most adorable cute-style I could muster. A cross-over of the two extremes. Kind of a Saccharin-filled bundle of cuteness in a tall amazon. It was actually done in premonition that PSU would turn out like PSO, for that regard. I guess I have to thank all the chibi otaku for giving me the idea to create her.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-02 15:20 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 2, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:13, Kaloa wrote:
Somebody once told me that the fatter and more grotesque a person is offline, the smaller and more adorable they'll try to make their in-game-self. I don't know how true that is though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's so true (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/PJ_SC/DSC02163a.jpg), I wish I could defend myself (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/Ashuraallraoutfit.png), but alas I can't because it's true (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/Ashuracast.png).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Josko
Apr 2, 2007, 05:21 PM
I've got a male cast, and the guy's as small as he can get. A few folks already nailed my reason; I think it's hilarious to see something that small with a way-too-large gun. I mean, heck, his grenade launcher's got at least six inches on him.

I'd love to get my hands on the degahna cannon.

Weakness
Apr 2, 2007, 05:23 PM
I generally view people with extremely short characters as people trying too hard to be cute. Doesn't mean that's always necessarily the case, of course, but it's usually the first thought that passes through my mind. Somebody once told me that the fatter and more grotesque a person is offline, the smaller and more adorable they'll try to make their in-game-self. I don't know how true that is though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Considering how cute Valkyrie is... I must be one ugly chub of a man.

-Shimarisu-
Apr 2, 2007, 05:30 PM
Moe is fucking stupid.

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:15, Rashiid wrote:
nothing is funnier then seeing a 2 ft Cast using a Laser Cannon or 7*-9* rifles, since theyre twice the size of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

comming from the same guy who's character never has pants on when i see her.....

What?!

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136479&forum=20&start=1485&1584#1508

Post #1508

...Yeah, that's what I thought...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Midicronica
Apr 2, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:30, -Shimarisu- wrote:
Moe is fucking stupid.

I was having a bad day and kind of pissed off, but you made my mood much better. Always good for a few laughs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

omegapirate2k
Apr 2, 2007, 05:36 PM
Who wants a flaming moe?

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 05:39 PM
Moe is fucking stupid.

I've always been a fan of Curly myself.

Akaimizu
Apr 2, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:39, Sychosis wrote:

Moe is fucking stupid.

You stole my joke from Page 3. Thief Thief. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lamak
Apr 2, 2007, 05:53 PM
Loli Action.

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:48, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-04-02 15:39, Sychosis wrote:

Moe is fucking stupid.

You stole my joke from Page 3. Thief Thief. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

No kidding? I don't have a page 3. All I saw was Rashiid calling me a ho, and something about Moe and I ran with it.

Great minds think alike eh?

ShinMaruku
Apr 2, 2007, 06:31 PM

Indeed.

Allison_W
Apr 2, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:36, omegapirate2k wrote:
Who wants a flaming moe?

Obscure Simpsons reference FTW.

Candor
Apr 2, 2007, 06:48 PM
My only min height character is an old perverted human force, he doesn't fit the normal trend of short characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2007-04-02 16:48 ]</font>

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:32, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-02 13:15, Rashiid wrote:

What?!

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136479&forum=20&start=1485&1584#1508

Post #1508

...Yeah, that's what I thought...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

you so took that after i posted my comment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 06:55 PM
LIES AND SLANDER!

Look at my post time! I look good, I'm normal height, AND I wear pants. The perfect combination.

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 06:59 PM
heh, for now! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

3R
Apr 2, 2007, 07:17 PM
Must kill Moe... wee!

DikkyRay
Apr 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
Yay tiny newmans! I <3 My Kawaii Moe Numie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Shes so coot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Jesus people are retarded for caring about such a stupid thing....

Hucast-Kireek
Apr 2, 2007, 07:35 PM
I thought I was alone, I glad people noticed all these tiny people. Many of them are not good people to hang around with at all, all they do is swallow items and meseta like crazy and then leave.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-04-02 17:36 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Apr 2, 2007, 08:14 PM
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/1204/poster37186067pb8.jpg
I rock your shit! Courtosy of the GFC&GN

Jeremiah
Apr 2, 2007, 08:20 PM
As I stated in an earlier topic everyone has the right to create what they wish.

But I'll admit it does irritate to a degree. This "little kid with a huge weapon" trend is severely over done these days, and the over saturated cuteness also irks me. Your running out and murdering the local wild life, for comedy or otherwise its immensely out of place. Not to mention I also grow severely tired of the pubescent hero clich'e. Be it par with the course with RPGs or not. And also, I LOATHE high pitched squeaky voices...

But I digress. Again, everyone is free to make what they like and I won't persecute anyone for their character ever. But if they have that right to make such things I have just as much of a right to dislike it in moderation.

pineapple
Apr 2, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-04-02 15:21, PJ wrote:

Somebody once told me that the fatter and more grotesque a person is offline, the smaller and more adorable they'll try to make their in-game-self. I don't know how true that is though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's so true (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/PJ_SC/DSC02163a.jpg), I wish I could defend myself (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/Ashuraallraoutfit.png), but alas I can't because it's true (http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/PJ_PSU/Ashuracast.png).

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

eww... disgusting. Is that some sort of weird polar fleece turtle neck and a cuff from hot topic?

All of the short characters make it seem like the guardians are composed of third graders. I think there is some insane Sparta-like draft going on in Gurhal. Story mode is just part of the cover up.

PJ
Apr 2, 2007, 09:00 PM
If I knew what a cuff was, I might be able to say yes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pineapple
Apr 2, 2007, 09:04 PM
Your studded, leather bracelet-like accessory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

(I basically just wanted to ignore the fact that you were being facetious with your earlier comment)

Rashiid
Apr 2, 2007, 09:06 PM
On 2007-04-02 18:14, ShinMaruku wrote:

meh, its superman, he can do w/e!

pineapple
Apr 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9781/9840377lm8.jpg

superman is a dick. (http://www.superdickery.com)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pineapple on 2007-04-02 19:12 ]</font>

PJ
Apr 2, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-04-02 19:04, pineapple wrote:
Your studded, leather bracelet-like accessory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cheepcheep.gif

(I basically just wanted to ignore the fact that you were being facetious with your earlier comment)

But I love being facetious...

Note: You've increased my vocabulary one word. Congrats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Remedy
Apr 2, 2007, 09:24 PM
A: Remedy has been minimum height since PSO DC
B: It's part of her backstory (she stopped growing taller when she was twelve, yet is 21 years old)
C: It's cute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HerdsmanOfYrr
Apr 2, 2007, 09:35 PM
it also doesnt help that there is a short height defaulted...

ShinMaruku
Apr 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-04-02 19:06, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-04-02 18:14, ShinMaruku wrote:

meh, its superman, he can do w/e!

I wouldn't follow a guy dressed liek that anyway but still Superman is indeed a dick.

Sekani
Apr 2, 2007, 10:00 PM
It's kinda hard to make a tall character that doesn't look unhealthily skinny. That could be why everyone's a fucking midget.

Height alone does not "cuteness" make. Tahldon's protranser, for example....

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:00, Sekani wrote:
Tahldon's protranser, for example....

That kid is ugly as sin...

Dragwind
Apr 2, 2007, 10:06 PM
Meh. Short characters on psu dont bother me much, unless they have mickey mouse voices >.<

Be thankful the spikey haired short humar craze is over XD

Guarionex
Apr 2, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:06, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
Meh. Short characters on psu dont bother me much, unless they have mickey mouse voices >.<

Be thankful the spikey haired short humar craze is over XD

Indeed. The squeeky voice is creepy. I was playing with a full bearded, squeeky voiced midget. It was very, VERY creepy.
Anyway, I wanted to make Jess shorter than average. I didn't notice how short she was when I played with some big hunters :/
But she's not among the shortest character out there.

Dragwind
Apr 2, 2007, 10:14 PM
The same thing happened with Dragwind. When I made him, I thought he would be average. Apparently hes a tad bit shorter.

and yes, bearded midgets who sound like mickey mouse on helium = ftl.

Tahldon
Apr 2, 2007, 10:19 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:02, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-02 20:00, Sekani wrote:
Tahldon's protranser, for example....

That kid is ugly as sin...

My Semi-ESP must've drawn me here because of this statement alone.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION. Hale' is so short because he represents This character from the anime Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale nochi Guu. Thkuvrymch.

http://www.u-blog.net/curudin/img/harenochiguu.jpg

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 10:20 PM
Christ am I ever glad I never bothered to look that up...

You're still ugly.

Tahldon
Apr 2, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:20, Sychosis wrote:

You're still ugly.

Hm.. I think I'll NOT help you find your Halp Serafi now >:(

Sychosis
Apr 2, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:25, Tahldon wrote:

You're still ugly.

Just like you've NOT been helping me all freaking day?

Or yesterday...

Or the day before that...?

Tahldon
Apr 2, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-04-02 20:27, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-04-02 20:25, Tahldon wrote:

You're still ugly.

Just like you've NOT been helping me all freaking day?

Or yesterday...

Or the day before that...?

>.> You ..haven't been pla---

/underailthread

G'night :3

Alisha
Apr 2, 2007, 10:39 PM
i have nothing positive to add to this thread.

Seira7
Apr 2, 2007, 10:55 PM
I like chibi characters, they make me feel very tall and svelte.

KamiSori
Apr 3, 2007, 01:20 AM
my male cast is short, far from shortest tho. idk why, and i dont care. hes still a badass.

also Tahldon's pic is one of the creepiest looking animes ive ever seen. what the hell are those weird rabbit things?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-04-02 23:24 ]</font>

GazL_Neon
Apr 3, 2007, 02:00 AM
Quote:

Somebody once told me that the fatter and more grotesque a person is offline, the smaller and more adorable they'll try to make their in-game-self. I don't know how true that is though.

It's so true, I wish I could defend myself, but alas I can't because it's true.

Damn. I was all ready to make awesome comments about you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

eww... disgusting. Is that some sort of weird polar fleece turtle neck and a cuff from hot topic?

Hey, I've seen him wearing two fleeces in 40+ degree weather. Get over it.

Back on topic. My characters have always been "bleow average" height, like I am IRL. My guy's tall, but everyone else seems taller. Well, apart from all the min-height characters. They always have red hair, too...and about 25,000 clone variants. >.>

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 3, 2007, 06:21 AM
Really... I have a 'just a bit off super short by a head size' character, and a character that's just a head taller then my other one...

Kitty Zelos is my 12 year old with big green eyes... she got in the guardians illegally!!! >.>;;;

Kitty Arika is my 2nd shortest character... I guess about average for the age i'd say she is... which it be 15.

And... E-126 Omega... My goliath... He's at maximum height, widest torso, and has the largest CAST part combo... Boxtos Arms, Giminas Torso, and Boxtos Legs... So he's a fudging giant.

Eh... People make minish chars to be cute, young, midgeted, or evasive to vertical hits...

so... My kitty Zelos was made to be young, and as cute as a fluffy wittle kitty!.

Starrz
Apr 3, 2007, 07:31 AM
I did not remake any of my past PSO characters on PSU, but I did continue my trend of making every single character minimum height. It doesn't matter gender, race, class, nothing. If I make them, their minimum height.

It's just how I roll.

Tahldon
Apr 3, 2007, 07:57 AM
On 2007-04-02 23:20, KamiSori wrote:
my male cast is short, far from shortest tho. idk why, and i dont care. hes still a badass.

also Tahldon's pic is one of the creepiest looking animes ive ever seen. what the hell are those weird rabbit things?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-04-02 23:24 ]</font>

It's weird, crazy, random, and funny. Those things are called "Pokute" :3

Youtube it and watch the 1st episode. You people should try things first, then judge http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Talkin about muh Transer' like that.. I'd rather have a character that resembles a kid, rather than a buffed up old man with a full beard and a squeaky voice.. That's just weird..

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 08:09 AM
It's interesting. I ask why people make super-short characters. What I get is:

1) actual answers ~ thanks to you that posted your reasons for making your characters super-short
2) opinions on others ~ always amusing to see people 'explain' why other people do what they do... >_>

Good stuff. Thanks for the info (for real) and for the grins (you know who you are).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubleEXP on 2007-04-03 06:10 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Apr 3, 2007, 09:07 AM
Hmm. I may have to see that anime, from Talhdon's picture. It's got a jungle, it's got beer (with a jungle on the label, mind you). I'm guessing that's his older sister with the beer. Sounds like wacky fun, of the Crayon Shinchan variety ('cept a different artstyle).

Sychosis
Apr 3, 2007, 09:38 AM
On 2007-04-03 05:57, Tahldon wrote:
Talkin about muh Transer' like that.. I'd rather have a character that resembles a kid, rather than a buffed up old man with a full beard and a squeaky voice.. That's just weird..

It wouldn't be so bad if it you didn't engage in unmentionable activity at the Hot Springs with grown men...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-03 11:13 ]</font>

CAST-Sapphire
Apr 3, 2007, 11:36 AM
My Character isn't short at all really, but my sister plays a super short human F, and she made her that way because her character is ment to be super short child lol.

Angelo
Apr 3, 2007, 01:07 PM
This thread right here explains why I stay away from the animu :[

MIGITMAN
Apr 3, 2007, 01:15 PM
No comment.

doubleEXP
Apr 3, 2007, 01:19 PM
On 2007-04-03 11:15, MIGITMAN wrote:
No comment.

That made me grin. =P

Zantra
Apr 3, 2007, 01:54 PM
The reason my characters are short, is because I tried remaking my PSO Characters.
White Out is short, and thin, with big breasts/butt, like I made her in PSO. Pancake is Maximum height, and girth, like I made him in PSO. Sunrise, and Black Queen are my new PSO characters, they are both short, but I haven't decided how I will remake them in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-04-03 23:47 ]</font>

dennarai
Apr 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
My Newman Force is short, because I'm short and I based him off of me, but then I did make a Beast Hunter that is tall and based him off of my brother, because I know he'd be the one slicing things up and he is abnormally tall.

Midicronica
Apr 3, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-04-03 07:38, Sychosis wrote:

It wouldn't be so bad if it you didn't engage in unmentionable activity at the Hot Springs with grown men...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-04-03 11:13 ]</font>

Haha, took me awhile to remember what you were talking about, but I definitely realize what you're talking about! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

prismsub5
Apr 3, 2007, 03:25 PM
Because I am a small gothic lolita in real life as well, therefore all my characters _need_ to be little http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Akaimizu
Apr 3, 2007, 03:28 PM
Uh oh. You don't perhaps eat girl scout cookies made from real girl scouts, do you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-04-03 13:28 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Apr 3, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well, I made my female CAST ranger small (not smallEST, just small) because I like the idea of short female androids with big guns. Yes, I do.
Just as I like slightly feminine guys for mages (FOmar) and tall and powerful males for warriors (HUcast). (Tall and powerful males can be replaced by slightly feminine guys for warriors too though, just not as warrior-ish)
There you have my stereotypes^^

Nai_Calus
Apr 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
I made Elly, as I recall, a bit under female newman default height, figuring it would be about right since Elly is on the short side in PSO.

...The prevalence of overshort freaks makes her look gigantic in comparison. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

On the bright side she looks old enough to be legal.

Alis is shorter than Elly is, in grudging recognition of the apparent fact that if she wasn't, she'd look huge next to everyone else. (Ah well, Alis *wasn't* legal anyway...)

Somehow my cast ended up tiny. Same height as Lou. WTF. XD;

Nai is tall, like he's supposed to be. ...But sounds like he's a teenager because the male voices all suck and are retardedly deep for half the yells in them otherwise. -_-;

I dislike kid characters, especially when in the game you can't have a kid as a character. Small beasts, sure, but it's never a beast. It's a human or a newman. D< Come back when you've got hair on your chest, kiddo.

Weeaboolits
Apr 3, 2007, 04:24 PM
With my chars, Ronin Cooper is slightly above the default height for humans, 'cause I'm not exceedingly tall, nor am I that short.
Ria is supposed to be exceedingly short for her age, it's part of her character.
Bob I originally made as a joke, so I gave him the bulkiest possible proportions (with his armor, without making him fat) at the minimum height and gave him the deepest possible voice as a joke.
Yulie's a bit below normal height for beasts jus' 'cause I felt like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-04-03 14:25 ]</font>

Jinto117
Apr 3, 2007, 04:36 PM
On 2007-04-02 13:48, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-04-02 13:46, Jinto117 wrote:

Well leprechauns do love going after their gold.

Lol, Well said, well said.

Micki_Monday
Apr 3, 2007, 06:43 PM
I've noticed it too since the start of the game. Micki was supposed to be only like, 5'7 but compared to everybody's small size she tends to look all big boned XP!! lol especially when the guys are all shorter than her.

Candor
Apr 3, 2007, 09:54 PM
You know, I must not be able to see all these really short characters (either that or i scare them), because all my parties look like (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/PSU/psu20070403_113156_005.jpg) this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/PSU/psu20070404_110058_004.jpg). I can only think of 3 short characters i know, then again i don't spend much time in uni 2, is that where they all are? Because everyone here makes it sound like they are everywhere.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 3, 2007, 11:04 PM

i lol'd much

Lman90245
Apr 3, 2007, 11:31 PM
My main is based off Xellos from the Slayers series (see sig), and My tiny alt Is based off of Sasami from Tenchi Muyo.

Sasami: http://www.capcorphq.com/images/Sasami-worried.gif

Looks almost exactly like her too, I had to make her!

Sexy_Raine
Apr 4, 2007, 03:16 AM
Considering what I have for a title, it is a requirement that I'm fairly tall. I got to have a super-model look, and being sexy is most certainly not being a damn midget! Though it does kinda scare me that I'm one of the tallest fortetechers I've seen O_o. But either way my pigtails hairstyle is used better than what shorties can do with it.

Nova is fairly short, but not that short! I assume that shorty people in PSU are like 13-17 IRL, that's why I wouldn't be caught dead doing that. Hell, most of the shorties even act kiddie. Also Nova is proof that minimum size is required for a cute look.

Da ANA is max size, but that not what makes him intiminating. There are other reasons why people fear him, which I will not discuss here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

My 3rd servant is still a secret. Won't be small though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-04-04 01:24 ]</font>

Kerschweiser
Apr 4, 2007, 04:07 AM
Appologies, but my dimensions and the reason for them are a secret to Vector Industries...even from me. I have, however, hypothesized that the difference in realian statures comes from the specific purposes they were designed for.

Weapons grade realians are as mass-produced as the weapons they handle. Scaling down the weapons or using them with a smaller stature and handicapped handling would not be cost nor combat effective. Specialized realians generally require more resources and are much more limited in number than thier weapons grade counter-parts. Communications, intel (ex. Observational series) and mission critical realians (ex. U.R.T.V.s) were disguised as children to seem less threataning and make them less likely to be targeted in an attack.

Tahldon
Apr 4, 2007, 06:11 AM
On 2007-04-03 12:14, Shadow_Moses wrote:

On 2007-04-03 07:38, Sychosis wrote:

Haha, took me awhile to remember what you were talking about, but I definitely realize what you're talking about! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I was playing a joke, HE actively participated! *pif* How come he doesn't get any guff?!

Eleina
Apr 4, 2007, 06:56 AM
Short caracters look cool with axes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

doubleEXP
Apr 4, 2007, 08:22 AM
It's cool to read everyone's responses. Thanks to everyone that's written in so far!

Allison_W
Apr 4, 2007, 08:52 AM
On 2007-04-04 01:16, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Considering what I have for a title, it is a requirement that I'm fairly tall. I got to have a super-model look, and being sexy is most certainly not being a damn midget! Though it does kinda scare me that I'm one of the tallest fortetechers I've seen O_o. But either way my pigtails hairstyle is used better than what shorties can do with it.

Nova is fairly short, but not that short! I assume that shorty people in PSU are like 13-17 IRL, that's why I wouldn't be caught dead doing that. Hell, most of the shorties even act kiddie. Also Nova is proof that minimum size is required for a cute look.

Da ANA is max size, but that not what makes him intiminating. There are other reasons why people fear him, which I will not discuss here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

My 3rd servant is still a secret. Won't be small though.

Oh, honey, that's so typical. Do away with the Hollywood mindset. Beauty and fineness come in so many shapes and sizes.

That aside, I'd also note that not all of the shorties are kids, especially if they're beasts or CASTs--CASTs are born fully grown, and small beasts are a normal variation of the race (both tidbits plucked from Story Mode).

Sha Sha
Apr 4, 2007, 12:48 PM
Most of the my characters are withtin pretty good heights My main is male beast so hes im guess about in the 6 foots, my 1st alt is a female newman so shes proabably in the 5'5"s my next alt is another male but hes human so he proabably in the 6's as well and my last is a female beast proabably around the late 4 foots early 5 foots

Raysa
Apr 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
I made my character extremely short, because newmans look kinda like those LOTR/WoW elves and I despise those. Also, it's a game and it's fun pretending to be shorter than you are in real life. When I'm like 6'0 tall IRL.

Retsuya
Apr 4, 2007, 07:18 PM
In a way I don't have to make a small character because of my PM (its a GH410)
I make my characters a bit smaller than default height

If your character is small and your partying with your PM, what will happen...
the way I see it is that midget chacter wants to be PMs
In away I understand small characters;
1) when they get the rappy suit, they will mingle with wild rappies
2) when we get new clothes they can compete with there PMs

Furiden
Apr 4, 2007, 09:24 PM
Well, typically in MMO's, I modle my characters after myself in some way.

Furiden in PSU, who was my first character, is a little higher than average heigth, (like me), and has the black spikey hair, (like me), lol

My first alt followed much the same look.

But my second alt...yeah, hate to say it, but he's as small as you can make em'...

Now I'm 17 years old, not an emo, or a anime nerd, I'm actually pretty athletic as far as some sports go, so I'd consider myself just like the average joe...And I don't know what it is about playing a short character, but it makes everything a lot more funny, lol. I don't really take it as my character being a little kid, more of just a small race, since he's a Newman. Kinda like the Tarutaru in FFXI, or Gnomes in WoW, they were just as old as the other races...they were just shorter. xD

I dunno, kind of gives the game a more friendly, comical feel when you're playin a midget. If you've never tried it, you should. =P

Mattardo
Apr 4, 2007, 09:51 PM
My last girlfriend left me when she heard some nasty rumors. "You're a pedophile!" she said. I replied to her "that's a pretty big word for a 9 year old!"

Allison_W
Apr 4, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-04-04 19:51, Mattardo wrote:
My last girlfriend left me when she heard some nasty rumors. "You're a pedophile!" she said. I replied to her "that's a pretty big word for a 9 year old!"

Classic. You, Sir, win one free Internets.

Mattardo
Apr 4, 2007, 10:04 PM
Thank you. I'm just glad this country was colonized (sort of) by a bunch of Puritanical prudes who have no concept of biological cycles.

Chaobo99
Apr 4, 2007, 11:31 PM
the characters i make plainly look odd tall v_v..and my chars have always been short..like to the max so don't mind me..

suncrush
Apr 4, 2007, 11:41 PM
I made my character shortish (about 25% on the slider) because I like short girls.

Zer0_ConvoY
Apr 5, 2007, 01:26 AM
I hear the shorties use their hight to dodge megid and run under ragan's tail, one also inadvertently glitched through a laser fence on crimson beasts, donno if it was a height clipping though

DrEngrish
Apr 5, 2007, 01:37 AM
I made my character short because it makes all of the weapons look extremly big. About the dodging and going under de ragons tail stuff, I dont know if height affects that... anyone test it with a taller character to see if they can do it too?

Weeaboolits
Apr 5, 2007, 01:41 AM
On 2007-04-04 21:41, suncrush wrote:
I made my character shortish (about 25% on the slider) because I like short girls.

Eheheheheh... ^_^'

idon
Apr 5, 2007, 04:03 AM

Revolt2origin
Apr 5, 2007, 04:38 AM
I have an alternate character that's short in order to take pics of other short things (http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/Miredexistence/PSU/RappyPaska.jpg) at eye level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Revolt2origin on 2007-04-05 02:39 ]</font>

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 5, 2007, 07:07 AM
T.T

Let's just hope we don't get a 'Why do guys play as girls' thread.

Elnendil
Apr 5, 2007, 08:15 AM
Short girls are cute, there I said it.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 08:22 AM
Btw, for the record, my character is medium height, maybe even a smidge under medium height, as you can see here.

She's about the height of Maya, maybe a bit shorter, and Maya is hardly the world's tallest character.

http://xs314.xs.to/xs314/07144/MayasDarkSide3.PNG

P.S.
Don't ask what I did to get Maya to point her crossbow at me. Let's just say friendship only goes so far when rappies are in the offing. 0.0

Jinu_San
Apr 5, 2007, 11:11 AM
I made my beast char kind of small he is a few notches under the center line i think i wanted him to be a small beast cause i thought the small beast in story mode was cute. I like small beasts ^__^ but he is not the shortest.

ArchAngelMai
Apr 5, 2007, 02:06 PM

So true, yet I am mainly trying to get my character to look like my FoNeWearl from PSO. Also I'm told I have a 2D complex...lies and slander I tell you. LIES!

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-04-05 12:06, ArchAngelMai wrote:

So true, yet I am mainly trying to get my character to look like my FoNeWearl from PSO. Also I'm told I have a 2D complex...lies and slander I tell you. LIES!

That made me *_*

"If there's one thing I can't stand.. it's the LYING!" /GeorgeCostanza

suncrush
Apr 5, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-04-05 05:07, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
T.T

Let's just hope we don't get a 'Why do guys play as girls' thread.

Because it's way more fun to play dress-up with a girl.

doubleEXP
Apr 5, 2007, 03:18 PM
Allow me to quote Paine from FFX-2: "Stop that."

Mattardo
Apr 5, 2007, 03:53 PM
Are people still trying to justify their Nabokovism? Stop beatin' around the bush, you sick little monkeys! You're unable to establish meaningful relationships with adults, so children are the only impressionable moldable naive people left. It's okay. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Zantra
Apr 5, 2007, 05:21 PM
I have a theory, that in any videogame, MMORPG's especially. That, tall people like to play short people, short people like to play tall people, boys like to play girls, and girls like to play boys.

For example, I am a 6ft tall male, and I always find that I like to play short women as my main characters in MMO's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-04-05 15:23 ]</font>

Allison_W
Apr 5, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-04-05 15:21, Zantra wrote:
I have a theory, that in any videogame, MMORPG's especially. That, tall people like to play short people, short people like to play tall people, boys like to play girls, and girls like to play boys.

For example, I am a 6ft tall male, and I always find that I like to play short women as my main characters in MMO's.

I'm a six-foot-tall transwoman, and I play a six-foot-tall transwoman on PSU. Maybe I'm just strange.

Also, I'm totally going to make a character because I find her uber-hawt. She's going to be a seven-foot-tall, broad-shouldered CASEAL. There's your admission I'd play a character just 'cause she appeals to my deviant desires, but she's a big'un, so shush about all this pedo business.

Zantra
Apr 6, 2007, 01:11 AM
I'm not saying that it's all people, it just seems to be most people.

bleyzwun
Apr 6, 2007, 06:03 AM
Im short so i make my characters short... no midgets tho thats too short!

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-04-03 14:16, Ian-KunX wrote:
D< Come back when you've got hair on your chest, kiddo.

Is this enough?
http://www.animeacademy.com/pictures/revpics/jungle-1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-04-06 11:58 ]</font>

lostinseganet
Apr 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
I purposly made my character a tad taller because I knew people would notice. By just being a bit taller. It makes you stand out. Great for convensations. Its a way for somone to break the ice. I just respond to it. Cause I am expecting it. (^_^)
You only have to be taller the amount is irrelevent. i made my character female because the first force on PSO on SEGA DREAMCAST R.I.P... was female so I made my character like her. The tradition continues on PSU.