PDA

View Full Version : Playing offline and online...

Shoutout33
Apr 2, 2007, 04:44 PM
Ok. First of all, I'd like to thank everyone, for their help with my questions about PSU. Now, what I'd like to know is, when you play offline, do you or don't you use your character like in PSO. After doing some research here and there, it seems like, you only play your character online.

Now, I don't have a major issure with this, but in a way it kind of bites, if you can't use the character you created, to play offline. If I'm wrong, then my bad. I understand that there's supposed to be a more involved storyline this time around, but my thing is, what if I don't feel comfortable going online yet?

The cool thing about PSO for the DC and GC for us, was that you could play offline, get used to the games mechanics, and level your character up, until you were ready to go online. I don't know if I see this in PSU. (Again, if I'm wrong, my bad.)

Another thing I'm not cool with, is if you have to play in story mode with the character that is not yours, that is time you could use leveling your character up. So, if this is the case, it's too late anyway, because I've already ordered the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But some insite would be nice. Thanks again in advance.

PS

Got Ventrillo up and running too, and I like it a lot. Just needs the Mrs. vote now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DikkyRay
Apr 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
Nope. Online and offline charaters are seperate :*(
Some of it is kinda nice though-no fear if FSOD ever came here

Kaydin
Apr 2, 2007, 04:48 PM
1- You don't use the same characters offline as online. Your online characters are stored on Sega's servers, your offline chars are stored on your HDD or Memory Card. Offline does have Extra Mode, where you create your own character, but it's very limited as opposed to online mode.

2- If your not comfortable going online yet, get to Chapter 4 in story mode, then fire up Extra Mode. It allows you to create your own character. The missions are stuff are different, but the mechanics are the same.

Shoutout33
Apr 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
Damn! That's what I thought! That's the point though. Why do you want to do all that work offline, and it doesn't reflect your online character?!?!? It's like working twice for no reason. It makes no sence. Well, to me it doesn't, but I guess they did it for a reason; however, you start a level 1...are there a lot of people with low level characters to play with? I know this is a really, really stupid question, but really. How many newbies are playin' PSU? Someone at level 50, isn't always going to play with a level 1-20. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

XDeviousX
Apr 2, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-04-02 14:55, Shoutout33 wrote:
Damn! That's what I thought! That's the point though. Why do you want to do all that work offline, and it doesn't reflect your online character?!?!? It's like working twice for no reason. It makes no sence. Well, to me it doesn't, but I guess they did it for a reason; however, you start a level 1...are there a lot of people with low level characters to play with? I know this is a really, really stupid question, but really. How many newbies are playin' PSU? Someone at level 50, isn't always going to play with a level 1-20. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It will get you ready for online so you don't mess up 10 or 20 levels of your character dooing the wrong things and leveling them badly... I will also help you know how to adjust to team play and figure out good weapon and skill combos before you waiste hundreds of mesta online... It will also familiarize you with all the planets. Playing to level 4 or 5 offline will take you no time at all and you'll be well prepared if you do...

NPCMook
Apr 2, 2007, 07:15 PM
Offline gives you no experience in actual team play only how to do all the work yourself XD

Dre_o
Apr 2, 2007, 07:22 PM
Very, very simple.

Hacking is very easy offline (for those with minimal talent). If you could take a character offline to online, as in PSO, the cheating would never cease.

You want an example? See PSO for the Xbox. 127% Accuracy anyone?

Shoutout33
Apr 3, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-04-02 17:22, Dre_o wrote:
Very, very simple.

Hacking is very easy offline (for those with minimal talent). If you could take a character offline to online, as in PSO, the cheating would never cease.

You want an example? See PSO for the Xbox. 127% Accuracy anyone?

(Sigh) Point taken...

Shoutout33
Apr 3, 2007, 10:51 AM
On 2007-04-02 16:53, XDeviousX wrote:

On 2007-04-02 14:55, Shoutout33 wrote:

Damn. I hate it when the pros are right. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Well, like I said, it's not like we've never play PSO before, so it might not be too big of an ajustment...I hope.

It will get you ready for online so you don't mess up 10 or 20 levels of your character dooing the wrong things and leveling them badly... I will also help you know how to adjust to team play and figure out good weapon and skill combos before you waiste hundreds of mesta online... It will also familiarize you with all the planets. Playing to level 4 or 5 offline will take you no time at all and you'll be well prepared if you do...

pionear
Apr 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I kinda wish you could use your character offline like PSO, but if it cuts out cheating and NOLing, it's ok with me.

Now if Sega could cut the online fee in half.....