PDA

View Full Version : Burning SEED invasion Event AKA "NetCash" for NA?

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
Now that i think about it. Netcash is only used in Japan for the most part right? So...Who will sponser our event? what if we didn't get it? What if...

What if Sonic Team screws us out of our special items and such, weren't obtainable? (look at the real handgun and hand spear, these items are obtained using net cafes right? something us in the US just don't really use.)

We're had past sponsers like Yahoo and AOL, but.. well.

-coughs- This IS sega (no offense, i'll stand against Sega and ST and defend their rights like many others, but you can't escape history)

Thoughts? explinations? infomation?

DarkEliteRico
Apr 3, 2007, 12:10 AM
i wish something like that would happen, i mean they do have the one mag in PSO:BB that has yahoo! tagged on it. I would love to see Google or AOL sponsor an event like that, but it's doubtful they would.

Omega_Weltall
Apr 3, 2007, 12:20 AM
Looking at ST's track record when it comes to Phantasy Star, the Japanese get EVERYTHING, EU and NA get what they want us to get. I'm still ticked off that we'er not getting Kingdom Hearts Final Mix ... AGAIN. Thank you SquareAssholes for not botheirng to fill in the rest of the world about the storyline... assholes...

Edit: cause I was too much of an asshole http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-04-02 22:45 ]</font>

Remedy
Apr 3, 2007, 12:32 AM
lol, kingdom hearts

Anyways, pardon my topic hijack, but just have a bit of faith about it. It may happen - just be pleasently surprised if it does. Besides, the Real Handgun/Spear aren't that terribly good, AFAIK. I'd rather have it for the missions and Garment Aura, myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And seriously, I want Electro Field. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Omega_Weltall
Apr 3, 2007, 12:38 AM
I hope it happens but i know it wont ( for both topics). I know the Real handgun and Spar are probably ass weapons, just the fact that "You don't get this special weapon cause you're not one of the Elite Japanese players" thing REEEEALLY irks me.

A2K
Apr 3, 2007, 12:43 AM
I'm fairly certain that all in-game items were obtainable by trading in ban-photon. The Net Cafe promotions had real life item giveaways, if I'm not mistaken, which was primarily why a corporate sponsor was needed in the first place.

We had AOL and Yahoo as sponsors for Blue Burst events but... the truth is neither event did all that well, which is why we never got any more after that.

On 2007-04-02 22:20, Omega_Weltall wrote:
Not trying to be racist but...

While the sentiment is understanable, you failed hard with your first few sentences. Please edit your post before I do it for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-04-02 22:43 ]</font>

Omega_Weltall
Apr 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
Ya... sorry... I get WAAAY too worked up some times

Remedy
Apr 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
Well, A2K, you're half right. IIRC, Itsuki-chan explicitly stated that the Real Handgun and Real Spear could only be obtained by way of turning in Ban-Photons while logged in from a netcafe. I mean, I could be wrong - it's late and I've probably had one too many Guinesses - but that's what I remember.

Also, I plan on shooting an email off to Google suggesting that they approach SoA and sponsor an Ultimate Attack for us. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

A2K
Apr 3, 2007, 12:50 AM
Hmm... that would explain why there were two different prizes for that number of photons. Interesting. I imagine if the event were to come here there would be alternative means of obtaining them, perhaps.

How exactly does that work, though? How do the game servers know you're logged in at a net cafe and not elsewhere?

Omega_Weltall
Apr 3, 2007, 12:55 AM
Cretan IP's maybe... if they even look at that.

Remedy
Apr 3, 2007, 12:59 AM
I'd wager my CCNA that it's either specific IPs (additionally, they probably get DNSed to something that belies their origins) or possibly a unique client for netcafes.

Spellbinder
Apr 3, 2007, 01:26 AM
I'm no expert but I'd guess it's a unique account or client from the Netcafes, and I say this because when registering/transfering accounts on PSUJP right now, I noticed you have the option of a regular registration, or a Netcafe registration, so it's in there somewhere.

Remedy
Apr 3, 2007, 01:28 AM
Ah, alright, so it's not so much a unique client as it is an account tag. Regardless of how they did it, they did it. XD

And no, you can't have my CCNA. Shoo.

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 3, 2007, 07:14 AM
On 2007-04-02 22:20, Omega_Weltall wrote:
Looking at ST's track record when it comes to Phantasy Star, the Japanese get EVERYTHING, EU and NA get what they want us to get. I'm still ticked off that we'er not getting Kingdom Hearts Final Mix ... AGAIN. Thank you SquareAssholes for not botheirng to fill in the rest of the world about the storyline... assholes...

Edit: cause I was too much of an asshole http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-04-02 22:45 ]</font>

We miss out on alot, ALOT of that kinda stuff, we didn't get KH1's Final Mix, we didn't get the various King of Fighters collection games (that go through the various Sagas of the series) The list goes on and on for miles. However, i guess we can just chalk it up to "The games are made there, so err....that's about the best excuse we have."

But really, can you imagine? What if we didn't get the event at all? Oh man, the community would go insane (i would assume) Haha a Colony on fire crashing toward Parum.

However on a positive side (maybe) What if we DID get the event, except, instead of Fire invasion, we got an Ice Invasion (remember in the offline story there was also ice infected areas just as there was fire)

This would give us reason for Absolute Zero missions and etc.

omegapirate2k
Apr 3, 2007, 07:41 AM
I think we'll get the burning seed invasion, just that some aspects might be toned down, such as the interactivity with net cafes.