PDA

View Full Version : New Update?!

Evil_Orion
Apr 3, 2007, 05:33 PM
What's this new update that im hearing about, that's coming pretty soon (today or in a few days?)? What will be included, will the level cap increase? New missions?

Thanks.

Golto
Apr 3, 2007, 05:38 PM
Beta test for the expansion for Japanese pc/ps2 only. We won't be getting an update until April 13.

Evil_Orion
Apr 3, 2007, 05:39 PM
Oh, what comes on the thirteenth?

Para
Apr 3, 2007, 05:46 PM
New clothes and missions as far as we know.

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 3, 2007, 05:47 PM
We get 4 new sets of Moatoob clothes for the fleshies, 2 for each gender, and 2 new sets fo CAST parts, 1 for each gender. Thats the most important thing I know of right now. There are probably some less important stuff like new missions, new PAs, blah blah blah.

DikkyRay
Apr 3, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-04-03 15:47, Shiroryuu wrote:
We get 4 new sets of Moatoob clothes for the fleshies, 2 for each gender, and 2 new sets fo CAST parts, 1 for each gender. Thats the most important thing I know of right now. There are probably some less important stuff like new missions, new PAs, blah blah blah.

WAit what are missions and Pa's?
I thought PSU (like all MMO's) Was about looking good.

Evil_Orion
Apr 3, 2007, 05:49 PM
[BORAT] NIIIICCCEEE.

Thanks for the info.

Nobo
Apr 3, 2007, 06:28 PM
aren't grinder As suposed to come out on the 13th along with 9*s in the NPC?

Golto
Apr 3, 2007, 07:38 PM
We really don't know what will be in 13th update since the update info of the official English site is not 100% accurate more often then we would like. 9* made weapons not a chance, a grinder boards would be nice albeit 2 months late.

KamiSori
Apr 3, 2007, 08:24 PM
^ why do u say there is no chance of getting 9* weapons in NPC shops? are they still not in the JP version or something?

Lyrise
Apr 3, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-04-03 18:24, KamiSori wrote:
^ why do u say there is no chance of getting 9* weapons in NPC shops? are they still not in the JP version or something?

Hit the nail on head. JP servers still don't have 9* items in the shops.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 3, 2007, 09:13 PM
Sonic Team is smart?
>Everyone

HA! Foiled by your own word select!

Zorafim
Apr 3, 2007, 09:26 PM
We're getting four new missions and new weapons too, which may just mean new difficulties on existing missions and new weapon drops from said missions.
This means we'll get our S ranks along with new dibs, if the information is correct (HA!).

Ether
Apr 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
JP server also has the exact same photon arts and level cap we do, so don't expect anything new there for a good 3 months or more

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 4, 2007, 03:12 AM
T.T

Why is SEGA so dam slow with this?

I mean... come on.... Clothes are IN THE DISK DATA FOR PETE THE PM'S SAKE!!! THEY CAN ADD THAT ON THE DANG SPOT!!!

Sasamichan
Apr 4, 2007, 04:15 AM
On 2007-04-04 01:12, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
T.T

Why is SEGA so dam slow with this?

I mean... come on.... Clothes are IN THE DISK DATA FOR PETE THE PM'S SAKE!!! THEY CAN ADD THAT ON THE DANG SPOT!!!

Is it just me, or is 80% of the PSU community this dumb? Not everything is on the disk. Sure, the clothes may be on this disk, but not the programming for it.

Also, why do people want the clothes update this much? They don't do anything special besides make your e-peen bigger.

Angelo
Apr 4, 2007, 04:31 AM
On 2007-04-04 02:15, Sasamichan wrote:

Is it just me, or is 80% of the PSU community this dumb? Not everything is on the disk. Sure, the clothes may be on this disk, but not the programming for it.

No.. everything is pretty much on the disk. The clothes, but not the programming? That makes no sense, sorry.

The only time Sega really works for updates are balancing issues, and hack-fixes.

Everything else is just a matter of 'flipping a switch' and deciding 'when' to let us get something.

This has to be true because, as stated several times, PS2's do not require a hard-drive.

xeron123
Apr 4, 2007, 09:40 AM
On 2007-04-04 02:31, Angelo wrote:

This has to be true because, as stated several times, PS2's do not require a hard-drive.

Yet.

Randomness
Apr 4, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-04-04 02:31, Angelo wrote:

No.. everything is pretty much on the disk. The clothes, but not the programming? That makes no sense, sorry.

The only time Sega really works for updates are balancing issues, and hack-fixes.

Everything else is just a matter of 'flipping a switch' and deciding 'when' to let us get something.

Just because the graphical resources are on the disk does not mean the code that calls them in the specific manner that produces the clothes is.

Golto
Apr 4, 2007, 09:58 AM
Hacking has proved that up to 12* stuff has already been coded for online. Hacking offline also have proved what clothes that could be available. So Angelo is correct.

Eleina
Apr 4, 2007, 10:08 AM
Anyways everyone knows that april 13th will end up being another technical difficultys update...xD
(sega's late april fools joke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif...) That's the way highly anticipated updates work...

Zorafim
Apr 4, 2007, 11:11 AM
Also, why do people want the clothes update this much? They don't do anything special besides make your e-peen bigger.

Would you rather kick ass in a mini skirt and clown shirt as a male, or kick ass in a flipping sweet set of heavy armor?

Compared to stat ups that don't even seem to do anything, new clothing and customized characters are alot more important.

Zora
Apr 4, 2007, 01:41 PM
IIRC, wasnt there a mentioning of Sega planning on running PSU for like 7 years or maybe less? the point im making is if they plan to host this game for a substantial period of time what point do they have to release all the content so prematurely. if we got half the updates we should each month on the big update for the month we would have all the content before the end of summer. now with the coming release of AoI the release of the remaining content wouldnt be a bad idea. thats assuming there will be a mass of new content to come, but knowing sonic team, they are holding out on the content we are crying over to release them in AoI as slightly less rare(easier to find) than the new items that everyone will be dying to get. same thing happened from DC to GC. weapons and items i never found on DC became common place on GC, while new rares where very hard to find.