PDA

View Full Version : Nano Transformer

Dya
Apr 4, 2007, 06:45 AM
I just got the Rensan Senshou-ga. The PA Frag art for my double claws and in the discription it says "Twin claws skill: 3 hits Uses a series of attacks and the NANO TRANSFORMER to hit enemies." What in the world does the Nano transformer mean?? Does anyone have this art yet, and could u please explain this to me?

SuperRygar
Apr 4, 2007, 06:46 AM
its probably just made up. as in, not actually an item in the game. ya know, for descriptive purposes

EspioKaos
Apr 4, 2007, 06:49 AM
Technically, a nano transformer is what your character (and everyone else) uses to carry around their personal inventory. In story mode, you may recall seeing Ethan (and others) pull weapons out of thin air. (Ethan would reach behind him, as his nano transformer is on the back of the neck of his jacket.)

Dya
Apr 4, 2007, 06:53 AM
Oh... Dam I was hoping it was something cool lol.. Yea I remember Ethan doing that but I didnt know they were called nano transformers. I guess I didnt pay attention to the game that well ^_^ thank you btw

Angelo
Apr 4, 2007, 06:58 AM
It might be a reference to the fact that your character kind've does a 'ninja vanish' in the claws ultimate PA.

Dya
Apr 4, 2007, 07:03 AM
'ninja vanish' ??? huh?? I just got the art so I only have it to lvl 11 what are you talkin about?

A2K
Apr 4, 2007, 07:20 AM
Get it to LV21 and see for yourself.

Radiata
Apr 4, 2007, 07:22 AM
Tonnio also ripped it off the back of Ethan's neck and Ethan became PSU naked.

Zorafim
Apr 4, 2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah, that didn't make sense. The nano transformer only stores items and spits them out, right? If Ethan had his cloths on, then they'd have to be re-stored for him to become naked.
If nano transformers were that easy to lose and steal, then there'd be no use for them at all.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Apr 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well this way, the Nano Transformers makes it easier to go off topic and really deep into other topics
*cough* Wot, wot...er, tally ho?

DurakkenX
Apr 4, 2007, 01:13 PM
in the game there is also a different translation "nano transitor"

in other words...don't really rely on the translation >.>

Golto
Apr 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
Just a bad mis-translation.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 4, 2007, 03:51 PM
I thought it was always Nano-Trancer...

o.o;

Eh... oh well...

EspioKaos
Apr 4, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-04-04 13:51, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

o.o;

Eh... oh well...

Yeah, technically it is. Going by the official localization, however, it's nano transformer. I was slightly disappointed by that when I first noticed it. I was pretty used to calling it a nanotranser (or however I spelled it back then) from everything I'd translated.

SStrikerR
Apr 4, 2007, 05:55 PM
yeah, ethan said this basically, "why'd you steal my nanotransformer and make me have to chase you and get it back in my underwear!?"
just to show you that beats on moatoob could steal whatever they wanted to easy!

EspioKaos
Apr 4, 2007, 06:03 PM
On 2007-04-04 09:15, Zorafim wrote:
Yeah, that didn't make sense. The nano transformer only stores items and spits them out, right? If Ethan had his cloths on, then they'd have to be re-stored for him to become naked.
If nano transformers were that easy to lose and steal, then there'd be no use for them at all.

Yeah, that whole scenario didn't really make much sense. I know it was there for comedic purposes, but I wish that scene had been handled differently so that plot hole in a nano transformer's capabilities hadn't been created.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 4, 2007, 09:35 PM
I can't see how the Nanotrancers materialization ability is linked to the trancer... and... if the trancer was linked to his body suit... why wasn't he nude...?

And I can't see how you can't hand a materialized weapon to an ally... Didn't Magashi take Ethan's Buccaner in the HIVE scene before the Fakis fight?

o.o; so many abilities the Nanotrancer is broken about...

Davot
Apr 4, 2007, 09:39 PM
Rensan Senshou Ga is well worth the 75 PA's. mines a 28 and i hit a 942 critical hit. which is amazing for me.

Phantomface
Apr 4, 2007, 09:44 PM
i personally go with the idea of "absorbing yourself into the transformer" because you do magically vanish (/on topic)

Candor
Apr 4, 2007, 09:47 PM
I love this PA, i did the diving part in HIVE and my friend said he could see me under the ground. which reminds me that i need the screenshot from him >.>

Anyway for those who haven't seen it this is the ninja (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/PSU/psu20070327_122712_006.jpg) part (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v716/CandorLupis/PSU/psu20070327_122714_007.jpg) (i like vahra claws with it, makes me a ninja mole)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2007-04-04 19:48 ]</font>

A2K
Apr 5, 2007, 12:04 AM
On 2007-04-04 15:50, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-04-04 13:51, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

o.o;

Eh... oh well...

Yeah, technically it is. Going by the official localization, however, it's nano transformer. I was slightly disappointed by that when I first noticed it. I was pretty used to calling it a nanotranser (or however I spelled it back then) from everything I'd translated.

I've seen "trans" used as an "abbreviation" in Japanese for transformer or transformation, actually. Well, once before, anyway, so it's not without precedent.

Pentence
Apr 5, 2007, 03:35 AM
Just tossing some speculation round.

Ok basicly the nano transformer is an all purpose spatial folding device.It also projects certain items like clothing as is shown in the Tonnio nano jacking incident.Basicly it would seem it dosent just send items to another universe but rather once sent there it must project said items into this universe,and likely has a limted range.

Also i would think it can warp you short distances hence how it is used with that PA.

Garanz-Baranz
Apr 5, 2007, 07:37 PM
>.>;

The transformer is really a Material Distabalizer.

All Atoms are constructes of electrons, protons, and neutrons. The nucleus is in the center, made of Protons and Neutrons, with a MASSIVE space from the Electron cloud[the zone where the electrons spiral about the nucleus].

If you can reduce that material space of said atom, you can dramatically reduce the space of an object to being the size of say... a protien molecule...

This is a method of storage. Dimensional transmission? Eh, dout it. It's probably just highly reduced spacial matter.

The reason I say no to the Dimensional storage verses distabilization storage is because this-
In the scene before you fought Dulk Fakis in Story mode is the scene where Magashi fights Ethan. Ethan get's his saber snatched, and Magashi loses his Crimson[S-grade saber], by a few hundred yards by the way.

So, I guess theres a button or trigger switch to force all objects in returnable range[say... 2 feet?] and detach from the owner... >.>

But mabye some Items, such as clothes, can be perminantly removed due to a reason of it's secondary storage unit[the droped item box] being separate... posibly...

I'm bored now... so I'll end my explanation.

Zoamel_Gustav
Apr 11, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-04-05 17:37, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
The transformer is really a Material Distabalizer.

If you can reduce that material space of said atom, you can dramatically reduce the space of an object to being the size of say... a protien molecule...

The reason I say no to the Dimensional storage verses distabilization storage is because this-
In the scene before you fought Dulk Fakis in Story mode is the scene where Magashi fights Ethan. Ethan get's his saber snatched, and Magashi loses his Crimson[S-grade saber], by a few hundred yards by the way.

from http://phantasystaruniverse.com/charworld_misc.php
One of the unique properties of A-Photons is the ability to create and control warps in space. These small-scale warped spaces can be used to store weapons and equipment. The device that controls this is called a nano transformer, and is standard issue for all Guardians.
The Gates of Denekaya are also giant nano transformers. How would Material Distabalization effect the crew of a ship or aid travel? A large scale warp in space would able to move ships. A smaller scale warp could probably summon and return small items or SUV weapons from a satelite.

Items could be bound to the user. Being disarmed would be like being force to drop an item which is unbound and goes "to finder." Unequiping the whole transformer could cause all item to be stored such as when nanoblasting.

My theory is that the prefix "nano" is being taken out of context. Nano refers not to size, but rather the manufacturer. Nano transformers are standard issue which means they are most likely another GRM product. GRM uses Par and Nano materials.